Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+15
David Jaques
David Sabre
François Remmen
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
Raymond Riddall
Gerardo Magnano
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Wilks
Jacob Fredriksson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Filippo Marazzi
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 17:13

Why... why would they not include headlights! Laughing

Typical stupid Swiss people!

Wait...

But seriously... why does it seem like that's the only car without them? Did Walter spend his money elsewhere? lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 17:15

A lot of teams back then swapped the front cover mid race, probably to reduce drag because of the light fittings. In this case though the car retired before the sun went down so the front cover with lights never made an appearance.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 17:32

Was that the only 956 that retired before sundown?

Isn't it possible to change that and add an upgrade with headlights? Just because it retired earlier doesn't mean it didn't have them at all scratch

Seems a bit strange by the guys at Virtua_LM to not add the possibility of headlights Shocked

I don't think they intended for the car to be unusable for a historic re-run of Kyalami...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 17:52

David Jundt wrote:
Seems a bit strange by the guys at Virtua_LM to not add the possibility of headlights Shocked

Even more strange if you consider the VLM was supposed to be mostly a 24h of Le Mans 1983 mod :hum:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 19:14

Yeah, I need told hold back the urge to facepalm...

:doh:
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 22:31

Hi guys, if I understand well the question...I think this happen because Brun Motorsport bought is first Porsche 956 after the race of Le Mans 83, they did their first race with Porsche 956 in Spa 83. Virtua_LM did all the liveries used for Le Mans 83 edition (Brun race in Le Mans 83 with Sehcar), and other liveries used in 83 season race in daytime (they raced in some moments of Spa weekend with cover front light)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2019 - 16:54

I was surprised to see that the Porsche 956 has no springs adjustments available, and fixed values are quite low. I would have thought that, as a pure-breed ground effect car, those would be available to adjust for finetuning the underfloor's perfomance, and they could be made stiffer for getting the most out of it. Did they really use soft springs and never adjusted them? I know that values on the garage are just that, and can mean anything. It is said that Porsche never exactly understood all fine details on why their car was such an unstoppable machine, but I would believe they knew how to set it up.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2019 - 17:00

The 956 was a "soft car" yes, and the teams didn't lose much time changing suspension setups no. Most assumed the factory got it right, and most of the work from other teams was done with just basic setup.

Teams that went the development route tried to get gains with wings at the front, since the car, as many group C cars, had a natural tendency for understeer, and was less pitch sensitive in general than formula cars.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:00

10-4, thanks for the quick reply Smile still, I will say that I found the 956 a bit less understeering than what I expected, even on default setup. I wonder where the balance will end up once I start pushing the envelope, I still don't feel close to the limits.

It was a pleasant surprise to also find a favourite of my own while browsing through all cars: The Porsche 935 Group 5! With +650 HP, it's a mighty beast to wheel, and handling is great, big improvement from the DRM Revival mod, those cars were fun but too fast.

I'm spending more and more time away from my sim lately, but whenever I can sit down and drive, I'm driving these cars, such a fun time :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:10

Gabriel Legnini wrote:
I will say that I found the 956 a bit less understeering than what I expected, even on default setup. 

I don't know how the car feels like in AMS, since I am unable to drive, but I can tell you how it was at Spa in the 1982 WEC season when I ran a factory 956 with Scott Urick.. It was hell lmao
The car was incredibly understeery, even when I turned the setup into the oversteer-machine of doom, so I do believe that it's intended to handle that way :D 
Too bad Scott crashed the car during the race, or else we would have won it
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:17

Quote :
still, I will say that I found the 956 a bit less understeering than what I expected, even on default setup. I wonder where the balance will end up once I start pushing the envelope, I still don't feel close to the limits.

If you crank up the rear wing enough you will almost lift the front wheels. The underbody is oversteery at minimum wing, but then you also have less overall downforce. To balance the car you will find out you need to go for understeer and if you want more downforce to control the car in qualy trim, you definitely will have the nose searching for the outside of the turn Smile
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 3:15

More or less what I thought. Will keep on testing when time allows. TY Smile
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 3:08

Alright, I've been doing more laps, totally in love with this Very Happy some things to report so far...

Mazda 717B: it has a weird issue with the engine sound as it rises past 7k RPM, it seems like there is an audio file switch that sounds like the car is decelerating. It's not noticeable on low gears where the acceleration is high, but as you climb through the gearbox, specially at the uphill straights on Kyalami, you catch that inmediately, and feels awkward, I was looking at my inputs for checking if there was an issue with my throttle Smile

Sauber C7: seems like the engine note is a bit low, I need to reduce other volumes like wind, tyres, etc, for getting it better. Nothing major, but it should be a bit louder IMO.

BMW M1: picking from the WSC 83 cars, the Team Castrol car for Kyalami has a grey windshield. The general one is fine.

Are the VLM tracks available for Automobilista? I'm dying to try some of these cars at Le Mans, Sebring and Fuji!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 10:46

I'm being disconnected all the time. Sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after 30 seconds on the server. AMS reinstalled, all mods deleted, only GTPC is in. I'm running Win10. It started at Indy, no other sim does it. Any idea what to do? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 11:29

It's only affecting you it seems. Maybe your having similar issues to what Francois had.

He opened the ports on his server and it solved the issue for him I believe.

François Remmen wrote:
my last option is this to open these ports of my router
i quess this will also count for rfacor now since the new server

Automobilista - PC

TCP: 34747,40001
       UDP: 8766,27016,34597,34697,40002

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 18:20

Richard Coxon wrote:
It's only affecting you it seems. Maybe your having similar issues to what Francois had.

He opened the ports on his server and it solved the issue for him I believe

Okay, I followed this guide, but I also need to enter IP to enable the specific port. Do you know which IP should I enter? Thanks a lot.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/134/
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 18:33

i'd imagine this.

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 18:46

Richard Coxon wrote:
i'd imagine this.

Error code: 26106
The IP address is not in the same subnet with LAN IP address. :smil20:

I'm also dowlnoading the latest windows updates. Though, something tells me it might do more harm than good...
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 18:52

Might be best to PM Francois and see how he solved the issue, he may be able to tell you exactly when he did in better detail than myself.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 18:57

i simply opened the port individually in the port forward section in my router under a new game AMS
doing this with all other races that uses different last nr's.

in this case 34997

cheers
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 22:44

I was watching some other cars today, and I constantly heard the screeching tyre noise, even in a straight line!

I got the notification in Q that Grant was riding onboard with me even though he was driving/had taken over the Sauber too scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 23:00

Turn the effect down, AMS has a habit of increasing certain sounds. I had to do the same.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 23:14

Even with a sound that shouldn't happen when you're driving in a straight line? After all, tyres shouldn't screech then Shocked

I didn't notice this one in any other mods or official content though.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 9:56

The reason for that tire screech is in the game's sound encoding. When the longitudinal and horizontal grip curves in the tires are too dissimilar in the part before the peak grip, the game seems to believe the tire is being stretched or  scrubbing from the point of view of the noise generation (Does not affect the physics though). Ricardo uses custom curves that cause that effect and it already happened in rFactor if you payed attention, but AMS as Richard says increases it and makes it more noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4