Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+22
Timo Vermeersch
David Jaques
Filippo Marazzi
François Remmen
Martin Lacina
Grant Riddall
Michal Janak
Juha Bos
Michael Drechsler
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Steve Parker
Jonatan Acerclinth
Austin Johnson
Pascal Mikula
Lukáš Vydra
Carl Larrad
Jukka Närhi
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Empty
PostSubject: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 9:42

Like the title says, any issue you find with the mod or any comment you want to make, you can start here  Smile
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 10:19

Hi, I have noticed that unless opponent detail is set to full some cars have strips on there windscreens. Also in my rear view and virtual mirrors cars have no wheels on them.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 16:46

A test server has been launched.  :top:

Server IP : 51.77.116.8:34597
Server name: Historic Simracing Procar
Password: hso80

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 17:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 16:50

Richard Coxon wrote:
A test server has been launched.  :top:

Server name: Historic Simracing Procar
Password: hso80

You know, I wanted to ask today if there is going to be a test server available, but then I thought it would sound unthankfull.. ("look at them, you give them the mod, now they want a test server!?!?!?!!")
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 18:31

It's interesting to throw these around the icy Buskerud :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 19:16

Trust our Finn to take a Procar and make it even cooler Cool Razz
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 19:33

This all looks very exciting Cool :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 19:40

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
It's interesting to throw these around the icy Buskerud :hihi:

There's a car with your name always here  :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 19:42

Quote :
Hi, I have noticed that unless opponent detail is set to full some cars have strips on there windscreens. Also in my rear view and virtual mirrors cars have no wheels on them.

Ah thxs, I know what that is, a glitch with the conversion of the windscreen TGAs to DDS  :top:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:38

I've just done some laps on the server. The mod is brilliant! Incredible fun to drive :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 21:56

They look so much fun..so incredible!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :conduit: :conduit: :conduit: :conduit:
Didn't have a chance to get any miles on any of the cars thought because I'm currently spending my Christmas and New Year's time in Finland and i'll only be back on the 6th..

So I hope I'll still be allowed to have a shot at getting a spot in the entry list!  affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSat 29 Dec 2018 - 22:01

Quote :
So I hope I'll still be allowed to have a shot at getting a spot in the entry list!  

As long as you post in the entry list thread when it opens and before it closes it should be OK.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 2:01

Ok is It just me or is the cockpit view not centered in the middle of the screen? Btw these BMW's drive fantastic! Love the way they feel. :banane: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 4:24

The view is a tad weird but one soon forgets that when enjoying the way they drive :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 4:35

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
The view is a tad weird but one soon forgets that when enjoying the way they drive :hihi:

Lol wait it's supposed to be like that? lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 10:40

Austin Johnson wrote:
Ok is It just me or is the cockpit view not centered in the middle of the screen? 

You mean the steering wheel and gauges are not in the center of the screen? Maybe so, I tried to ensure that you could see the inside mirror in the cockpit, but it could be a matter of the FOV I use. With a smaller one you would see everything. 

If more people prefer the steering exactly in the center of the screen, even if that means not reaching to the inside mirror, I can add that to the fixes patch, no problem. I use (And recommend) the virtual ones, even in cockpit view. They are much clearer.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 12:09

As Ray said,no wheels on other cars in rearview mirror,also i had to turn tire noise down to 20 because tire squeal was drowning out the engine lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 13:37

Man, these cars are a blast! Very very nicely done bounce

Same for me though about being offset in the driver's seat.
I feel like I'm too far to the center of the car. I don't use the onscreen wheel, so can't say where it lines up in relation to the dash, but I'm definitely over in the center of the car a bit much.
Would feel a bit more comfortable in the car if that was sorted, perhaps. But overall it's a very small thing.

I did have 2 questions though.

1 - Does this car really get this type of fuel mileage?
I noticed that with somewhere near 10 gallon, I could supposedly do something like 60 full laps at Brands?
I think 1 gallon was 6 laps...?...(or so the pit menu said, I never actually verified that, but it generally changes after some laps are done - averages - and I didn't see it move much, even after a bunch of laps)

2 - I did not notice actual tire wear. Or maybe I did, but I can't see it on the HUD.
What I mean is, after some laps in a row (many of them while playing around with the car in "drift mode")...even after keeping them cooked for laps at a time, I don't see the tires degrading on the HUD.
Can't really say if it felt as if they were wearing, but if I had to, I'd say not really. I mean, they got hot and, obviously, lost some grip in the moment...but seemed I could cool them and it was like they were new again?
Or placebo because of what I'm seeing on the HUD?

I'd imagine the tires were quite durable...saw a video of these in race conditions last night where the cars ahead were damn near smoking the tires into every other corner...just lock em up, smoke em to entrance and keep on keeping on lol!

So not a concern, just a curiosity on that one.

One other, not so minor (for me) thing.

I cannot find the server anywhere anymore.
Even using the IP isn't working for me. Even tried joining the server then leaving to menu to see if I could snag the IP and save it, but it shows "no servers" matching with the IP.

The only way I could access it was through liveracers and allowing it to launch AMS, then it would take me directly to the car select screen and into the server.
Generally, with a server I can't see, if I enter using liveracers, I can back out and the IP of that particular server will be in the box that comes up if one wants to manually input a server address. It's there (the address) but for some reason tells me there is no such server.

Car class is showing as "misc"....not sure that would have a bit of bearing on it, but noted it when I was trying to get it working.

Anyone else have problems seeing the server?
If so, and resolved, how'd you get it to stick?

If not, please just assure we're always live racers live come race day.....can always get in that way, as last resort.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

...for the modders here! :hello:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:02

Jason Whited wrote:
I cannot find the server anywhere anymore.
Even using the IP isn't working for me.  Even tried joining the server then leaving to menu to see if I could snag the IP and save it, but it shows "no servers" matching with the IP.

The only way I could access it was through liveracers and allowing it to launch AMS, then it would take me directly to the car select screen and into the server.  
Generally, with a server I can't see, if I enter using liveracers, I can back out and the IP of that particular server will be in the box that comes up if one wants to manually input a server address.  It's there (the address) but for some reason tells me there is no such server.
This is funny. I can't join the server through Liveracers, but I can through the IP.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:09

Thxs for the feedback guys I am already fixing those things  :top:

Quote :
i had to turn tire noise down to 20 because tire squeal was drowning out the engine

I can make it sound louder by default, but since you can tweak in the sound menu the effects separately it's probably better to leave it up to everyone to adjust it how they prefer. I drive with no FF, so hearing the tires is more important to me  Smile

Quote :
I'd imagine the tires were quite durable...saw a video of these in race conditions last night where the cars ahead were damn near smoking the tires into every other corner...just lock em up, smoke em to entrance and keep on keeping on 

Ricardo fine tuned them in that regard last week just before release, so I am sure they are now exactly as he wanted them. With only one tire provider I would imagine Goodyear was quite conservative and wanted them to grip but also last well the whole race, not too hard on <1 hour long ones.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:12

Id like to have wheel shaft and gauges in the middle of the screen too..
My Fov is rather small and thus I dont see the in-car mirror any way, I use virtual ones for ever and its only relevant for me!

Tyres and wind is indeed too loud, I also had to put it down, and cars are without wheels in the mirror.

Just a question: Im not able to adjust brake bias from cockipit. Is it something realistic, or there is something wrond with my controler setup.

But all in all, even with those "bugs", these cars are realy very fun to drive and very controlable.. I like them a lot!!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:19

Raul Jereb wrote:
Just a question: Im not able to adjust brake bias from cockipit. Is it something realistic, or there is something wrond with my controler setup.

Might need to remap your brake bias buttons.
I was definitely able to adjust bias in the car last night.

Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:23

Jason Whited wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:

Might need to remap your brake bias buttons.
I was definitely able to adjust bias in the car last night.  

Hm, must have been something with the game itself.. I have the same buttons mapped for both rF and AMS, in rF all works fine, and AMS nothing happens.. ok, thanks, have to check it..
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:24

Lukáš Vydra wrote:
This is funny. I can't join the server through Liveracers, but I can through the IP.

Did you have Steam open?
Have to have Steam open already, so that the AMS launcher will launch correctly.

...could be a PC setting too though.

So the IP is up somewhere for us to see (so I can check) here at the site?
I missed that, if so, and if someone could point me to it, it'd be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:25

Quote :

Yes it was cockpit adjustable, as Jason says I can do it no problem.

Quote :
Id like to have wheel shaft and gauges in the middle of the screen too..

Will be fixed :top:

Quote :
Tyres and wind is indeed too loud, I also had to put it down, and cars are without wheels in the mirror.

Ok I'm adjusting that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next