Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+15
David Jaques
David Sabre
François Remmen
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
Raymond Riddall
Gerardo Magnano
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Wilks
Jacob Fredriksson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Filippo Marazzi
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2019 - 13:59

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
The graphic files in the mod are .DDS, there are only a few .TGA ones.

Follow the steps I indicated and let us know if it works. If 7zip uncompressing has so far resulted in problems, try winrar.
I just re-installed AMS completely clean, so I'll do the thing with the Mod Enabler.
However, somehow the game seems to be searching for TGA files, which is why I've been so confused about it. (I found dds files in the mod everywhere, and the names of the files are the same as the files the game is trying to find, just the only difference being the file extension)
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2019 - 14:07

The game overrides the TGA extension with DDS when a same named file in DDS format is present. This is one of the traces of the ISI engine origin in much older games, that used only TGA files. Once the more efficient DDS format appeared, they patched the engine to override the TGA extension when a DDS is available. The error code will still ask you about TGA files, but that does not mean it is necessary for such a file to be there.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2019 - 15:02

Okay..so for now, my issue has been resolved. I managed to join the server with the Porsche 956 Pre-Season-Test and the game didn't crash upon joining the track. With GME and the only mod activated being VLM PTC and no other mods whatsoever, the game did not crash. Now I wonder what could possibly have made the game crash before..  study
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Gerardo Magnano
Rookie
Gerardo Magnano

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 4:14

The Harrier car (C Junior) presents temperature problems.

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 0enorbK
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 7:24

What RPM limit was you running and cooling level?
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 9:30

Looks , feels and sounds fantastic in ams.

Thankyou Richard and HSO. :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 12:22

Gerardo Magnano wrote:
The Harrier car (C Junior) presents temperature problems.

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 0enorbK

It is supposed to, until the spa upgrade they had massive problems with the car not cooling enough.
Back to top Go down
Gerardo Magnano
Rookie
Gerardo Magnano

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 16:08

Richard Coxon wrote:
What RPM limit was you running and cooling level?

7200 RPM
0% tape
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 18:44

Is there anyway for someone to send me a link for the mod? It keeps stopping mid download and telling me its corrupt? Rage
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 22:47

:hum: Maybe try downloading it through a different browser, by all means still book a car and we will try to sort something out.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 23:01

Richard Coxon wrote:
:hum:  Maybe try downloading it through a different browser, by all means still book a car and we will try to sort something out.

Thank you Richard that worked. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar 2019 - 14:09

So, I spent a few hours with the mod last night.

Shocked

Very Happy :clap:

The sheer amount of work that must have went into this! The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 3108518133

Drove a few different '83 Group C cars, then fiddled around with a Group B Porsche from a different year, and a few others. I've not found fault in any of that content.
I did note one thing while driving the Sauber SHS-C6. When watching a replay of the car on track, the exterior sounds of the car seemed lower than some others. (I did not have them on track together, and perhaps it was just me. I wasn't paying much attention to the sound level of the others, but the lower volume sort of caught my ear as I was having trouble hearing it on track....so, maybe just me but figured I'd mention it)

This is an absolutely amazing addition to AMS.
Will there a be a public release in the future? I'd REALLY like to use some of this content in my league (in the future) if that is possible, and that is why I ask.

Anyways, I'd drone on about how freakin' awesome this is, but I won't this morning.
For anyone who is yet to download and install this mod, wtf are you waiting for! You are missing out!
Get in here and give this mod the praise it rightfully deserves, post haste! :drink:

:yaa:

Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar 2019 - 14:22

Thank you for the praise Jason Smile Indeed there was a lot of work involved in this, i can assure you that, and i want to thank once again to those who contributed a bit for this project, donation wise.

There will be a public release yes, and i hope we can all enjoy these fantastic cars.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar 2019 - 15:03

Yes to Mr Wilks and Ibanez and ofcourse everybody involved
a masterpiece guys and gotdman in such rapid pace :clap: :clap:

a tiny note
check the cockpit warning lights , they dont light up
like rev limiter etc

despite from the better shaders rf1 uses icm with the correct tracks sky and coloring and god know why in AMS cant they look good but they miss that extra bite in terms of , well how shall i say this, FDsign venum! :D
this is more related to tracks but finaly the cars are made and yess with those awesome backfires!
a tiny detail that boost the immersion sky high next to there incredible sounds!

cheers mates!
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 13:01

I seem unable to join the GTPC server since last night.

Was on the server with Mick and Gerardo when we restarted the weekend. I never managed to get on track after the restart.

When I join the server, it always lists in the condition it was when I last left, i.e. with 3 drivers.

Then, when I join, I come on to the server and just see one line "Server", no other players, also not myself. And it's impossible to get out of the garage. The arrow on the bottom right, used to go on track, does not react.

Offline, everything works fine.

May be on my end, but don't have the first clue to be honest.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 13:03

Spectate= On?
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 14:04

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Spectate= On?

Nope. I did have that much of a clue Very Happy Very Happy

Tried a random server from the AMS lobby, just to be sure, and that worked just fine.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 14:19

Try other cars from the list, maybe it's a filter problem. I know we had to restart the server as the Lola-Mazdas were not included initially, maybe one filter was unchecked by error.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 14:45

Tried three different cars. Always the same. It seems like always return to that last practice session of last night which now has 0 seconds remaining.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 14:48

I will be restarting the server shortly (Next hour). I will post when I have and see if that has solved the issue
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 14:53

I can confirm Timo's problem, just trred to enter the server and same results for me, blank screen, no nothing.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 14:58

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I can confirm Timo's problem, just trred to enter the server and same results for me, blank screen, no nothing.

I'm already happy it's not on my end then. Thanks for the effort Alberto and Richard. :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 16:01

Should be working again now, the server had crashed.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2019 - 21:18

De Cadenet overheats after 1 lap. Grill tape 0%, rev limit 9500 rpm (the minimum).

Selecting the lower rev limit (9500) also changes the gear ratios, making them shorter.

The light on the dashboard doesn't work if it is a rev limit light.

AMS crashed when exiting the track.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2019 - 20:29

The De Cadenet has what looks like a roll over bar in the (virtual) rear view mirror.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next