Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours

Go down 
+23
Stewart Amos
Sasha Sosnowski
Brad Otto
Hervé Sabathé
Matt Watkins
Carl Larrad
Doug Tevik
Alessandro Milano Rossini
Kevin Lewis
Bill Yarbrough
Thomas Cazorla
Andre Lagunzad
Guy Pitra
Texas Nation
Bruno Goujon
Jim Ray
Brendan Kaczmarek
Jerry Foehrkolb
Milt Minter Jr
Alex Shurikus
Frank Verplanken
Guillaume Siebert
Antoine de Mautor
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 13:28

We will do it under the Florida sun Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Club Driver

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 15:28

Good luck guys! See you in 1 hour :raclure: Prepare for a beating (Not really Razz)
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 16:24

I may have to sit this one out guys... Crying or Very sad As it stands I haven't been able to stay connected to the server all week, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. My ping is 166 pretty consistently, but my quality has been down around 40-50 and lower and it kicks me from the server within 20 seconds of joining. I've never had this much of an issue before and I've never heard of a way to help it in NR2003. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 16:35

race server launched Wink
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 17:39

Game keeps crashing Sad
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 17:59

will there be a FSB broadcast on the race ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Un-clearable Black Flag   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:38

Oh well,..that was short and (Unfortunately), NOT so Sweet !! Laughing

I'd Like to say I had Fun,..but alas, having 'Baulked' Myself virtually, just making Sure I did Not run up the Car aheads rear end on the Left hand corner before heading on to the Banking on the Very First Lap, I 'detoured' to the Infield, with a Minor Half Spin and re-joined Before the banking, but the 'spotter' Had already informed me that I had a Black Flag and sure enough I did,...

BUT I came in to Try and 'serve' the Stop and Go, on Virtually Every successive lap Without success and as I had a similar Black Flag situation last year at Hockenheim, which as it turned out I Did Not Need to Clear, as even though I pitted it did Not appear to clear on My HUD and I heard Nothing further and continued on.
So,..this time, being unable to Clear the BF, I continued,..Only to be DQ'd,..Sigh,..

Somewhat of a Shame really,..perhaps If I had 'Looped' the car and done a 180 back onto the track I may Not have been given the BF,..I must admit, it is a bit 'Silly' having that Penalty there, as there really Isn't any advantage to be gained,..in fact it is an Extreme Disadvantage to be on the Grass there !!!,..ROFL

Anyway,..guess I'll see ya at the Next round,..Hope you all had a Great Race.
Guess I can go to Bed Now,..Having driven down from the Coast, Had a 'Terrible' Slot Car Race and Then Stayed up till the 'Wee' early Hours Only to Have a Lousy SIM Race as well !!,..DOH !!

Next Time Smile
Cheers
Stewart

Last edited by Stewart Amos on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 19:04

Well that was poor.

Completly screwed up at T1, braked too late, damaged my car and rejoined track dead last. Managed to come back up to 8th place I think, then collided with Troy Null, sorry Troy, misunderstanding I think. The car was more damaged and I lost the rear of the car at the next turn and decided to call it a day, no fun anymore driving this thing. Prefered to go back studying for my exams next week.

Good luck to all remaining drivers.
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 19:13

Very sorry to the people I ran into. To the crash with Thomas Cazorla, I lost the back end and I locked up my brakes Sad For the crash with Guy, I went to quickly into the turn. Very sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Federico Damian
Rookie
Federico Damian

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 20:28

apologies to the organizers.. i was away from home and I could not run. :doh:
I hope you all had fun. :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jerry Foehrkolb
Rookie
Jerry Foehrkolb

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 20:49

Good race. I was a victim of the unclearable black flag. Mad
Back to top Go down
Guy Pitra
Rookie
Guy Pitra

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 21:02

Not a problem Alessandro, just bad timing, I was in the wrong spot at the wrong
time. Car ran ok after but slow so thought it would make it to the end but it was
not to be. She let go soon after and was unrepairable. See everyone at the next
one. Grats to the winners who ever they may be. Guy
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 21:40

Alessandro Milano Rossini wrote:
Very sorry to the people I ran into. To the crash with Thomas Cazorla, I lost the back end and I locked up my brakes Sad For the crash with Guy, I went to quickly into the turn. Very sorry Sad

No problem Wink

I installed GTP yersteday, found a setup on setup guru and made my 1st lap in practice since a couple of mounths.
The setup was just great, i just modified 3 things and quickly i had a great feeling with my jaguar . Smile

I'm so happy with my race, i was fast and consistent, i made a 1.33.0, just 1s slowest thant the best lap. Cool
I made 3 mistakes (3spins) and had 2 incidents, with Alessandro early in the race, and later with Milt i think, he pushed me into the grass while lapped me :jp:

At the end i couldn't gain or lose positions, i push hard to try to pass under the 1.33, but i missed my goal.

Maybe one of my best GTP race ever. rFactor races was a great training. :D
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 21:52

Great win Bill!Great drive for Dan Gurneys'All American Racing Team!
Bill's come up through the ranks at =FSB= and has been a great Stock Car Driver...He really started turning heads last year in the Trans-Am series and has run better and better with each GTP race! cheers Great Job!

As for Team Dauer Porsche #0,the car was kinda tight and lacking a little straight line speed but I thought we could keep a pace and get a good finish,which we did..Antoine in the Chevy and Sasha in the Jag,had great races and were just too fast to keep up with..I had to piss like a race horse and hooked the apron and flipped..Otherwise I drove a good race for the Speed of the Porsche...A pretty good race for a bunch of guys around the world that haven't raced each other very much!Very clean and courtious racing..Too bad for Damian..Blowd motor..
Great Show Antoine!Thx Again for putting this on !Great field and it's gonna be a great season! :papy: :flag: :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 21:54

Thomas Cazorla wrote:
Alessandro Milano Rossini wrote:

No problem Wink

I installed GTP yersteday, found a setup on setup guru and made my 1st lap in practice since a couple of mounths.
The setup was just great, i just modified 3 things and quickly i had a great feeling with my jaguar . Smile

I'm so happy with my race, i was fast and consistent, i made a 1.33.0, just 1s slowest thant the best lap. Cool
I made 3 mistakes (3spins) and had 2 incidents, with Alessandro early in the race, and later with Milt i think, he pushed me into the grass while lapped me :jp:

At the end i couldn't gain or lose positions, i push hard to try to pass under the 1.33, but i missed my goal.

Maybe one of my best GTP race ever. rFactor races was a great training. :D
I don't think that was me...But if so,Sorrys...
Back to top Go down
Troy Null
Rookie
Troy Null

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 22:35

Very Happy No worries Guillaume, I must take partial blame I had lost 2nd gear at that time and was having a hard time thru the tight turns. When I lost 3rd gear it was time to find a cocktail. Sorry Guillaume Embarassed :drink:
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:43

Jerry Foehrkolb wrote:
Good race. I was a victim of the unclearable black flag. Mad

Me 2. Tried drive thru and stop go but didn't work Mad
Back to top Go down
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 1:19

If you have a stop and go penalty, you have to make sure the pitcrew don't work on the car; no fuel, no tires, no repair. You have to disable these in the corresponding menu (F3, F5, F9 I think). Otherwise, it will be counted as a regular pitstop and the black flag won't be cleared.

As for my race, it was quite unfortunate... must have discoed 6 or 7 times, including one while waiting for the pace lap to begin. So I started the race from the pitlane in my customary last position and already two laps behind. I tried my best to catch whoever was ahead of me and would make good progress only to be cutoff again. Got up to P11 by the end; probably the hardest I worked for no points. Don't know why the Internet connection go crazy with such perfect timing. It feeds my paranoia...

Anyway thanks all drivers and thanks HSO. Congrats Bill Yarbrough, race winner!

---Alaster
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 1:36

You did not do all that for no points Andre ! You came second in the Lights class behind Hervé, good enough for a fat 16 championship points Cool :top: !
Back to top Go down
Brad Otto
Rookie
Brad Otto

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Fun Way to start the day   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 1:38

Just wanted to say thanks to all the admins at HSO for pulling this together. The #48 worked to find its grove but everything went out the window when the day started. Worked to maintain a clean car from the back, several trips off course but kept it clean and undamaged. Followed the same route but lap 26-29 was called in for cutting the course! Stop and Go penlty! Forgot to suspend my damage repair and couldnt get it to clear. Frustrating never the less after trying to put together a good showing.

Congrats to all who made the finish and to my FSB buddyies for putting on a great showing.
Back to top Go down
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 2:25

Well that is great news Frank! I forgot there are two divisions this season. I feel a bit better now.

---Alaster
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 2:59

What a great turn out for a GTP race...hope we can continue with 20 car fields in future races. Anyway, thanks for all the kind words. I owe a big thank you to Milt for the awesome setup he provided me with....there was just no way I could have pulled it off without Milt's help. First win on a road course...needless to say I was quite estatic. Can't wait 'til the next race. Thanks for putting this series together Antoine. Just curious...is there anyway you can host a replay of the race? I was so excited (and exhausted) after the race I forgot to save it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 3:03

You can get the replay here, Bill Wink . Grats for the superb drive today :top: !
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 3:03

Quote :
If you have a stop and go penalty, you have to make sure the pitcrew don't work on the car; no fuel, no tires, no repair. You have to disable these in the corresponding menu (F3, F5, F9 I think). Otherwise, it will be counted as a regular pitstop and the black flag won't be cleared.

Thanks for that Info Alaster,..I was not Aware of that.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 3:15

Congrats Bill, always glad to see a new winner at HSO Smile

But I wonder what happened to Damian, Antoine and Sasha :hum:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next