Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED

Go down 
+5
Rich Gast
Jim Ray
Bill Yarbrough
Milt Minter Jr
Antoine de Mautor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Empty
PostSubject: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan 2010 - 23:07

Dear fellow GTP racers,

So far, we've only received 9 applications for the 24hrs of Daytona event. It has been generally agreed that it was too small a roster to race a 24hrs race. As sadly it is quite unlikely that we get more entries before the race date, we have decided to cancel the race.

However, we WILL race at Daytona on Saturday 13th of February! The race will be another IMSA Classic, the 3HRS OF DAYTONA. It will be a solo effort run with the cars of the Sprint races roster. There are still a few cars available in this roster by the way, so tell the team mates you brought in for the endurance events to give it a shot if they fancy so!

Let us be clear, WE ARE NOT GIVING UP THE ENDURANCE EVENTS. The Endurance roster is still open to booking, and we hope to gather a minimum of 10 cars in order to race the 12 hours of Sebring! If we can't achieve that, then we will consider turning it into a sprint event too.

Thank you very much for sticking around, we hope that everybody will have a fantastic GTP season, looking forward to meeting you all on the track for the first round of the IMSA 1991 Season on the 13th of February for the 3hrs of Daytona !

Last edited by Antoine de Mautor on Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 19:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan 2010 - 23:15

Bummer but the field will be packed for the 3hr..We still have 2 drivers,confused on what car to pick..kevin Lewis and Josh Grove.Kevin doesn't mind running the Mazda Chassis,just wants to be able to contend..Josh is top notch..Just trying to get them to commit to a car! :papy:
Back to top Go down
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan 2010 - 23:28

What track are we going to run...the day or night version?
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan 2010 - 23:37

sorry I forgot to precise that, we will use the DAY version!
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 0:03

Great! Looking forward to it! :flag:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Rich Gast
Rookie
Rich Gast

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 1:13

It's a crying shame there aren't more drivers interested in endurance racing. You did everything you could in postponing the event by a week. But that apparently didn't even help.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it as a sprint race. But I sincerely hope we'll get the interest for a future 24 hour event, be it Daytona or Le Mans or wherever. Back to practicing Daytona ... but in a different chassis for the sprint race. RACE ON!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~greywolfwebworks/
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 2:03

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
.Kevin doesn't mind running the Mazda Chassis,just wants to be able to contend..Josh is top notch.

Milt, tell these guys that they can have Spice (Chassis D) entries in the GTP Class if they want to. #4 is now available thanks to Andre, and Gui is in the process of making a new car, Perry McCarthy's works Spice affraid which will be a Chassis D entry too, and running in the GTP class. Ask them to be quick if they want to book those ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 8:47

3 hours is a long time for one driver to drive the car, isn't it? Maybe there should be 1 mandatory driver change, since it's 3 hour event?
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 10:58

Alex Shurikus wrote:
3 hours is a long time for one driver to drive the car, isn't it? Maybe there should be 1 mandatory driver change, since it's 3 hour event?

Sorry Alex, but it has been decided that to kinda get the feeling of extreme endurance racing that we will miss by not racing the 24hrs, this 3hrs would be run solo only.
Back to top Go down
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 15:52

Okay, I see your point, thanks for clarification!!! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Matt Watkins
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 18:29

Sounds good to me... Looking forward to the event :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Brad Otto
Rookie
Brad Otto

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Regret the cancelation   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 4:47

Thats to bad that you had to cancel Daytona I thought for sure there would be enough drivers. But maybe next time.

The rules for real world Grand AM is Max of 3 hour stints per driver, so Having us run three hours is about as close to real world guidlines we can get. Practice extended seat time and work out the kinks drivers.

See yea next time
Back to top Go down
Federico Damian
Rookie
Federico Damian

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 18:16

Hello boys. Can I run with you the three hours of daytona next 13ยบ Saturday? :hum:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 21:33

Aye sure mate, just book a car from the Sprint races roster, only a couple of chassis D cars left so be quick Wink

You can even do the whole season with us if you want to !
Back to top Go down
Federico Damian
Rookie
Federico Damian

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 1:27

Thanks!
Are there any Carset to download? or run with the cars of the mod?
On the roster I see that some Porsches, chevys and other brands.. scratch I do not understand that car should I run.
thanks. sorry for my English, is not perfect
cheers
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 1:43

Federico Damian wrote:
Thanks!
Are there any Carset to download? or run with the cars of the mod?
On the roster I see that some Porsches, chevys and other brands.. scratch I do not understand that car should I run.
thanks. sorry for my English, is not perfect
cheers
http://historicsimracing.123.st/1991-imsa-camel-gt-championship-f18/available-cars-sprint-races-t571.htm Carset highlighted in RED..
Scrool down to see available cars.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED   24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24 HOURS OF DAYTONA CANCELLED
Page 1 of 1