Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ask John Barnard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Ask John Barnard Empty
PostSubject: Ask John Barnard   Ask John Barnard Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2018 - 17:50

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/f1/ask-john-barnard

Ask him your questions in the comment section, on his illustrious career designing racing cars and his formative changes to F1 design.
Back to top Go down
Marie de Lacrowe
Club Driver
Marie de Lacrowe

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-29

Ask John Barnard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask John Barnard   Ask John Barnard Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2018 - 20:37

A talented person without a doubt, he worked for the Leyton House before arriving at Ferrari in which to experience the semiautomatic shift with which Mansell quarreled during the Brazilian grand prix because he no longer carried out the selection of the seven-speed ratios.
I think that today technology follows its path with experiments and tests in which there is no longer the single engineer with whom to have a reference, so there are fewer and fewer the names of people who can remember to have created winning cars.
Today I do not really like F1 because I would compare it to a parade of cars on the catwalk rather than a real car race.

The question I would like to propose to John Edward Barnard is very simple: What would be your ideal car for the current modern F1 in case you had to design it ?
His answer would be just one ... a car opposed to today's rules, just the same answer he gave to Italian television during the first years in Ferrari.

Ask John Barnard Eng10
Back to top Go down

Ask John Barnard
Page 1 of 1