Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]

Go down 
+38
Raymond Riddall
Dustin Lengert
Matthew Hull
François Remmen
Pascal Mikula
Steve Parker
Peter Blom
Lee Simpson
Richard Wilks
Grant Riddall
Ricard Suanya
Karel Marciniszyn
Frank Verplanken
Timo Vermeersch
Scott Urick
Bruno Chacon
Raul Jereb
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Martin Lacina
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Richard Coxon
Yves Plaçais
Alberto Ibañez
Jan Kowalski
Rob Swindells
Adam Hackman
Jason Fitch
Bob Wilson
Greg DellaCella
Austin Ogonoski
Rodrigo Pilenghi
Michal Janak
Juha Bos
Dana Schurer
Bob Holada
Jason White
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:55

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:
Could there be a safety car during the race? I know we have them on ovals, but I'm not used to seeing one on a road course.

Look at the replays of the HSO CART 1998 season. A lot of full course yellows :clap: Big times for the 86C to close gaps :hello:

Thanks Jan. That does work in favour of the 86C's chances, as long as I keep it out of the wall. :rigol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:55

I suspected that ...

The game thinks logically you enter the pits to pit, not to overtake everybody. :hum: 

We'll see, if someone tries to Bobby Unser like that we can always add time to his total after the race Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 1623587389 Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 15:56

Today's broadcast link

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:13

Not going to make it for the race. Still at Donington watching Btcc where there has been red flags and accidents galore. Someone enjoy my Domino's car. See you all at Indy!
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:18

richard's #30 please

dave
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:18

David Jaques wrote:
richard's #30 please

dave

ok
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:26

Gianluca Desposito hasn't been online since March 22nd, so I am declaring his car a one-off for this race.  In the unlikely event that he appears before race time, whoever has his car will have to let him run it in the race.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:32

Jason White wrote:
Gianluca Desposito hasn't been online since March 22nd, so I am declaring his car a one-off for this race.  In the unlikely event that he appears before race time, whoever has his car will have to let him run it in the race.
I'll take it!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:33

As Scott isn't around (family time with Easter) and David will be driving in the race I'm currently on my own in the comms booth.

If anyone is wanting to give it a try you are welcome to join up, at max 3 in the booth, more than that and it will become a bit too difficult to make it work smoothly.

Either way, good luck all competitors of this event, did a few laps and found it very difficult to drive these cars, a lot more difficult than the F1'78 cars were last year.

Cheers :drink:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:33

When I crash I might join you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:35

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Jason White wrote:
I'll take it!

ok
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:36

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
As Scott isn't around (family time with Easter) and David will be driving in the race I'm currently on my own in the comms booth.

If anyone is wanting to give it a try you are welcome to join up, at max 3 in the booth, more than that and it will become a bit too difficult to make it work smoothly.

Either way, good luck all competitors of this event, did a few laps and found it very difficult to drive these cars, a lot more difficult than the F1'78 cars were last year.

I will be on TS if you want to chat under yellow
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:48

My car is also free. Have to attend real life tonight, bummer about the timing.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 18:54

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
My car is also free. Have to attend real life tonight, bummer about the timing.

Added to the one-off list
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 19:34

#11?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 19:37

Michal Janak wrote:
#11?

Ok
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 20:28

hmm connection lost Sad
Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 20:39

Wrecked by Mikula's lunge on Alberto. Mad Rolling Eyes Too early for those kind of moves, especially when he hit me the same way in the same corner a lap or two earlier.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 21:05

20 laps in and I've been hit 3 times during a full course yellow. The last one killed the suspension.
Back to top Go down
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 22:30

Man the first half of the race was so much fun. Smile I was really excited to reel in Grant and have some sort of a battle, so I was a bit sad to see him pit early. The car was so fast once the tires came in. I wanted to take the lead in a legit fashion. I don't like when people pit under yellow and it's just sort of handed to you.

But there were far too many crashes and guys driving in over their heads. I think the first 30 laps took an hour to complete with all the yellows. Once I pit I got caught up in the madness as well. Just a really bad mix of people inexperienced with the car (I mean, 80's turbo with 80's slicks, it's admittedly a tough combo), Long Beach being notoriously dangerous, and guys not checking their mirrors or making superhero moves far too early. Lots of good cars taken out of contention today.

Mod is still fantastic though.
Back to top Go down
http://pretendracecars.net
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 22:59

I'm glad that one's over. :D

Thanks for David and Jacob for supplying me with a good setup. The car felt good, I didn't qualify last, and I remained on the lead lap for much longer than expected. Then I got hit under yellow, no big damage. I got hit by another driver, car still okay. I got hit a third time, bent suspension, a 200 second pitstop, one lap down.

After that it was just a drive to the finish because the car wasn't capable of overtaking anything. All the accidents meant I was climbing slowly up the field. I finally got up to 8th place, which could have been 6th if people wouldn't have been so affectionate with my Lola's rear end.

With a few laps ago, and still in 8th, I spun into a wall. I got a puncture, another bent suspension and another 200 second stop. Goodbye 8th place, I had to be satisfied with 12th.

And Pascal, instead of blaming me for your damage because you think I slowed down suddenly behind the pace car, try to look ahead what's happening. I didn't slow down suddenly, the whole pack did. I can't go faster than the car in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 23:04

The broadcast for those wanting to watch it tonight.

I think I need both some sleep and a cup of tea, my voice feels really hurtful after the Wednesday broadcast and now this one but thank you very much Alberto for joining me Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 3108518133

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a0zdfpQyjI

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 23:05

I have done my best to take part in this race today.
Too bad it has members who pick up available cars and do not even show up to qualify.
I think it's a matter of responsibility to get a car and participate in the event, because there are others who would like to participate and are unable to participate
Back to top Go down
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 23:07

Bruno Chacon wrote:
I have done my best to take part in this race today.
Too bad it has members who pick up available cars and do not even show up to qualify.
I think it's a matter of responsibility to get a car and participate in the event, because there are others who would like to participate and are unable to participate

In all fairness, it is Easter Sunday and even people who showed up were probably 50/50.
Back to top Go down
http://pretendracecars.net
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 23:18

Was way too optimist with how low wing i could go, so at the beginning of the race i was losing time to the leaders, but still holding a train behind me because nobody could overhaul me down the straight.

After a slight mistake trying to fend Blom off, i went for the pits, and changes my wing settings, and the car was much much better after that. I was fancing my chances, because i knew i could be consistent with worn tires, but then Jason hit my back after a restart and that bent my suspension. 240 seconds of repairs later, the car was driving straight again, but i was 2 or 3 laps down, and after that i just tried to finish in the best position possible.

A month and a half to indy is too long Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]   Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [Apr 16th]
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next