Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)

Go down 
+34
Ben Paulet
Glenn Corliss
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Raul Jereb
Claudio Navonne
Scott Urick
Arturo Pereira
Jonatan Acerclinth
Gérard Ryon
Richard Wilks
Petr Hlavac
Michal Janak
Jukka Närhi
Raymond Riddall
Peter Blom
Lee Simpson
Yves Plaçais
Juha Bos
Ludovic Tiengou
François Remmen
Mick Chapman
James Knowles
Michael Drechsler
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Martin Lacina
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Jason Fitch
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 20:32

Try them all. I would personally pick the Eagle or the Finley, but Ludo is right, at Milwaukee the Mongoose might be the best one.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 21:35

Jason White wrote:
The admins are pleased to announce the following post-race awards:

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 AKtfKQRound 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 F14A_89

Jigger Award Recipient  |  Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Belgium  Juha Bos

The Jigger Award is given to the driver who experiences the hardest luck during the Month of May.  Juha arrived late on the scene and put in a fantastic effort to get the John Martin McLaren up to speed.  He was slated to start in the middle of Row 9, but connection issues prevented him from joining the grid.

Well at least I won something. Laughing

On more than one occasion I thought about giving in the week leading up to the race. On Tuesday I sprained my right foot, which meant I had to do the race with my left foot (that wouldn't have worked on a non-oval track). Once I had more or less mastered that technique, my steering wheel decided it fancied a new identity and wanted to pursue life as a Logitech DFP, rather than being a G27. It took me three reinstalls, including one an hour before the race, but it worked. I downgraded all the visual settings to avoid an rfactor crash, and the reward was the first non-server related disconnection I ever experienced.

I'll get the problems sorted and will make a 500 race this season. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 21:44

Jason White wrote:

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 AKtfKQRound 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 F14A_89

Jigger Award Recipient  |  Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Belgium  Juha Bos

The Jigger Award is given to the driver who experiences the hardest luck during the Month of May.  Juha arrived late on the scene and put in a fantastic effort to get the John Martin McLaren up to speed.  He was slated to start in the middle of Row 9, but connection issues prevented him from joining the grid.  

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 1gcSaORound 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 F14A_19B

Rookie of the Year  |  Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Germany  Michael Drechsler

Michael was the highest-placed rookie in this year's 500 (a rookie defined as not having any HSO starts prior to 2016).  Michael is new to oval racing, like many others here. But he has proved to be a fast study, finishing 7th at Texas World Speedway.  At Indianapolis, he acknowledged the disadvantage the Foyt engine had, but he soldiered on.  He outlasted many other competitors with superior equipment, and that bodes well for his future in this series, and with HSO in general.

bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 21:46

Congratulations Michael :clap: And Juha too, I suppose :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 21:47

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Try them all. I would personally pick the Eagle or the Finley, but Ludo is right, at Milwaukee the Mongoose might be the best one.

tested Q sessio for Indy and did 3m9,186 (best lap 47,130) which is in comparision 27th starting position
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 21:49

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Congratulations Michael :clap: And Juha too, I suppose :hihi:
Thanks, I suppose. :hihi:

And I forgot, my congratulations to Michael, his award is well deserved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2016 - 22:28

Jason White wrote:
Rookie of the Year  |  Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Germany  Michael Drechsler

Michael was the highest-placed rookie in this year's 500 (a rookie defined as not having any HSO starts prior to 2016).  Michael is new to oval racing, like many others here. But he has proved to be a fast study, finishing 7th at Texas World Speedway.  At Indianapolis, he acknowledged the disadvantage the Foyt engine had, but he soldiered on.  He outlasted many other competitors with superior equipment, and that bodes well for his future in this series, and with HSO in general.

Wow, I mean... wow! Sure didn't expect that after all the mishaps I had during the race. Spun out, bursted a tire on the wall and finally fried my engine in the pits. But then, the speed is generally there, I just need to get my act together and finish another event, soon. That award shall give me further motivation.

So, besides the usual shout-outs to my parents, my team, sponsors et al, I'd like to thank you guys for all the hard work and dedication you put into organizing these events and the nice atmosphere in this place. Its a pleasure and honour racing with you guys! :top:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 8:39

In the end i finished 11th after a race with less problems than in the oval races with shorter distances. 10th would have been possible but i had to make a 5th stop, because i needed fuel for 3 laps near the end of the race. I should have pittet at the first stops a little bit later with no fuel for an extra lap. But that would have been the only possible improvement.
The setup was good, i had no problems at corners and not much oversteer at the end of the stints. Looking at my times during a stint, it was starting with a 49.0 and going to an 48.0 at the end, sometimes a 47.5 with slipstream, so i was happy. I lost some time when i was lapped, something i should practise for next time. I didnt feel confident and my mirrors where not the best, so i watched GID Hud and concentrate on hearing engine sounds from behind. Some guys behind me were not confident too to go to the inside if i let some space there. So i lost more time, but nothing decisive in the end i think.
All of my pitstops were really good. I did not know that my pitcrew was at the end of the lane, so for the first stop i was too slow, but after that it went better.

Thanks to Bob Wilson for the setup work. It really helped me as i am not an oval racer :-)
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 10:05

First of all, i can't thank the whole HSO team enough. What a top notch event it was! :top: For me as a fan, The Indy 500 is the biggest race of the year (can't wait for Sunday). Thanks to HSO, i could finally drive one. Thank you all!

As for the race: I qualified very conservatively with boost 3 and only one decent lap out of four. But that was pretty much the only issue i had during the whole event. Start was smooth, everybody did an amazing job. The first half of the race was quite eventful, there was a lot of racing, slipstreaming, fighting for positions and passing slower cars (they also did very well and rarely caused any trouble). The second half was rather conservative, i was mostly trailing behind faster cars and saving fuel. In the end, i had to make one last stop, but it changed nothing on my final result.

The first goal was to finish - check. And i thought it would be nice to make it into top 10 - check. I can't be happier Cool See you next time
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 10:08

Btw, i guess most of us will watch the real thing this Sunday. Would someone be interested in some kind of common chat during the race? Maybe on FB via HSO site...?
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 10:17

Petr Hlavac wrote:
First of all, i can't thank the whole HSO team enough. What a top notch event it was! :top: For me as a fan, The Indy 500 is the biggest race of the year (can't wait for Sunday).    

hey don't forget the greatest of all geek ...the 24H Le Mans:banane: :banane: :banane: . To bad we can't do it in HSO Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 10:21

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
First of all, i can't thank the whole HSO team enough. What a top notch event it was! :top: For me as a fan, The Indy 500 is the biggest race of the year (can't wait for Sunday).     

hey don't forget the greatest of all geek ...the 24H Le Mans:banane: :banane: :banane: . To bad we can't do it in HSO Neutral
There is nothing stopping it as such.

The problem is that rF's Endurance side is a bit... unstable.

There is a mod (GTPC which we are running in the DRM championship) and there are tracks of that era of Le Mans.

It's just the side of making it all come together, have enough drivers to fill the grid and then hope that the server and software holds together, it takes a toll on everything to have a big field running for such a long time.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 10:24

The teamspeak server is always running if anyone would like to use that.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 10:26

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:

Don't get us wrong, we absolutely would love to do it some day. It is too important historically speaking to neglect. I know the possible problems have possible solutions, it's just that it is a tremendous mammoth event and it needs a huge amount of focus, preparation and dedication in terms of admin work adn we don't feel ready for it yet. But some day ... !
Back to top Go down
Arturo Pereira
Club Driver

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 11:29

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:

Don't get us wrong, we absolutely would love to do it some day. It is too important historically speaking to neglect. I know the possible problems have possible solutions, it's just that it is a tremendous mammoth event and it needs a huge amount of focus, preparation and dedication in terms of admin work adn we don't feel ready for it yet. But some day ... !

Maybe the 2.4 Hrs of LeMans? Day/night/day race? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 12:51

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

There is nothing stopping it as such.

The problem is that rF's Endurance side is a bit... unstable.

There is a mod (GTPC which we are running in the DRM championship) and there are tracks of that era of Le Mans.

It's just the side of making it all come together, have enough drivers to fill the grid and then hope that the server and software holds together, it takes a toll on everything to have a big field running for such a long time.

It can and has been done. I've already done a 1970's 24H Le Mans with a Porsche 908. I've also done 6h of Spa, 12h of Sebring and 24h Nordschleiffe (a great great memory too), Little LeMans in Road Atlanta, 6H Road America with the EnduSeries Mod. Well there were rules to authorize the return in play from elimated cars though...If I'm correct Yves Placais from HSO did the 70" 24LeMans too.

But I ever hear the HSO guys telling it would be quite difficult to do here. I'm sure they thought about it but find too many obstacles in the way to do it in safe conditions for all participants. But if they do...well I'll be one of first to jump in :D
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 16:59

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Btw, i guess most of us will watch the real thing this Sunday. Would someone be interested in some kind of common chat during the race? Maybe on FB via HSO site...?

Sure not. Sorry, but the DW12 is beyond ugly. If I'd watch it, I'd risk either my TV or my eyesight. Or both...

Concerning endurance racing, I always prefered GTR2 for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 23:28

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Sure not. Sorry, but the DW12 is beyond ugly. If I'd watch it, I'd risk either my TV or my eyesight. Or both...

Well, DW12 certainly isn't the most beautiful car, but i don't really care. I love Indycars no matter what. And based on practice, this year's Indy 500 will be more competitive and entertaining than ever Wink

https://youtu.be/yIf5oL0v6-s?t=12942
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 23:41

Its a spec series of "crapwagons" these days...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2016 - 23:46

Richard Wilks wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2016 - 8:24

Richard Wilks wrote:

+1

Though still way better than F1 Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2016 - 9:02

It's not really spec though Wink
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2016 - 20:17

Life feels kinda empty now that we don't have this race to look forward to.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2016 - 20:45

We have another race next month, and two 500 milers more this year What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2016 - 20:45

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Life feels kinda empty now that we don't have this race to look forward to.  Crying or Very sad

+1!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)   Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Indianapolis (May 22nd)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next