Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?

Go down 
+38
Fabrice Bouchasson
Victor Alcocer
Tony DAndrea
finally gone :)
Karel Marciniszyn
Jens Kraft
Paul Nadeau
David Jundt
Mike Becnel
Lukas Paur
Alessio Campigotto
David Cid
Alberto Ibañez
Ludovic Tiengou
Pierre Pfleger
Ben Paulet
Franck Mercurio
Andrej Batic
Olivier Philipps
François Besançon
Martin Audran
Steve Parker
Stephane Bordignon
Jean-François Bovy
Carl Larrad
Adam Svoboda
Tiago Malafaya
Jukka Närhi
Roman Koranda
Frank Verplanken
Guillaume Siebert
Abat Hernaez
Mickael Forestier
Christian Steu
Greg Hunt
Antoine de Mautor
Patrick Marucco
Ricardo Magno
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Logitech Momo Racing
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Logitech G25
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 38 ]
Logitech G27
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 21 ]
Fanatec GT2/GT3/Carrera + CSP pedals[hr]
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Others (ECCI, VPP, Frex, BRD, CST...)
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 87

AuthorMessage
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2012 - 21:50

Has anyone here bought the Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter yet? I read a couple of reviews and it seems quite desireable. Too bad it doesn't seem to be widely available, certainly not around here anyway Suspect I'd love to hear if someone knows where to buy one at a reasonable price Wink
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2012 - 23:48

G 27 for me. Like Tiago I also use gloves for the same reason Laughing
After the last race of DRM where I broke my stand for the gear shifter, I've tryed do mount it with screws... lets see how long it lasts, but the pedals I've moved them further up, and guess its better, but they are original g27, so Im thinking also on making a custom rack and mount them like a real car, as I do heal and toe; the problem is that I also race Formula1 where I dont use the cluch, instead mapped the break there wich has no feel, so I can' :hihi: t decide
One day Ill post a pic If you promisse that you font laugh lol! :aie:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/david.cid.980
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012 - 15:56

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Has anyone here bought the Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter yet? I read a couple of reviews and it seems quite desireable. Too bad it doesn't seem to be widely available, certainly not around here anyway Suspect I'd love to hear if someone knows where to buy one at a reasonable price Wink
Saw these or sale for 160 euros and decided to go for it. The estimate was one to two weeks when I placed the order last weekend but has changed to four to eight weeks now Neutral
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012 - 16:01

I had forgotten this thread!

I got my TH8 some days ago... It is great, much better than the G25/27 shifter and very adjustable. My only critic is that it would do much better with a 6-gate pattern instead of the 8 it has now. I know no racing cars with 7 forward gears in H pattern, so what's the point doing so?? 4 to 5 forward gears is the most in 99% of H-pattern gearboxes and modern GTs have long gone to sequentials.

Derek Spear is doing custom cut patterns for different uses, but they are expensive. Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 822172

BTW Jukka I got mine for 145€ from Amazon Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012 - 16:25

I demand a review! Doesn't the new Porsche 911 come with a 7-speed manual? Razz

Amazon offers the shifter for PC and PS3 as separate products at slightly different prices but I understood there's just one model which works with both..?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012 - 21:57

Here is your review Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 788525 : http://www.virtualr.net/thrustmaster-th8-rs-shifter-review
Back to top Go down
Mickael Forestier
Experienced Driver
Mickael Forestier

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012 - 22:02

recently i've added a tachometer to my g25 and i love it, especially with the DRM revival mod :

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Imag0112
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 19:45

I placed an order on Amazon, let's hope they can charge my card alright Smile
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 20:13

bien sympa Micka
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 15:44

My shifter has arrived Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 18:15

Show us how it looks please!! im curious cheers
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:17

Here's what my simracing cockpit looks like as of today:

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Yuckyc10

G25 wheel, G25 pedals propper up against appropriate rubbish for a bit of angle going through the Bodnar cable, G25 shifter (as a button box of sorts for now) and the Thrustmaster shifter.

I'd really like a proper cockpit, I've had some plans for one for some time now, should only get to the building bit one day Razz A button box would be a welcome addition so I could do away with the G25 shifter. Perhaps I'll gut the other unit I've got laying around, that way the number of controllers would remain the same.

A few words about the TH8RS, after and hour or two of driving: Overall, the thing feels very solid, decent resistance on the stick. I haven't touched the adjustment screw yet so I can't comment on how that might change things. Compared to the G25, it's very quiet - no harsh mechanical noises when you change gear, just the soft thud, kinda similar to what you hear in your roadcar.
The 7-R gate is quite annoying when shifting between 5th and 6th as you can't just push the lever against the gate and slam it into gear. It takes some precision. I'd probably like if the gate was a bit narrower overall, mabe a little less throw as well. I'm gonna try fabricating a gate out of something (thin chopping board?), hopefully with a reverse lock-out mechanism of some sort.
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:20

Looking good :top:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:53

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
.... A button box would be a welcome addition so I could do away with the G25 shifter. Perhaps I'll gut the other unit I've got laying around, that way the number of controllers would remain the same.

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/Button-Boxes.html Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 20:59

Quote :
The 7-R gate is quite annoying when shifting between 5th and 6th as you
can't just push the lever against the gate and slam it into gear. It
takes some precision. I'd probably like if the gate was a bit narrower
overall, mabe a little less throw as well. I'm gonna try fabricating a
gate out of something (thin chopping board?), hopefully with a reverse
lock-out mechanism of some sort.

I have cut provisionally a piece of plastic and placed it below the gate to block the 7th gear and the reverse, as a 6-H pattern more than suffices for the classic cars and stock cars I drive. I will eventually get one of Derek Spear's gates, but later.

This is how my quick fix looks like (Crappy pics from my webcam):

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Pictur10

BTW, now that I'm at it, this is how my new momo wheel looks like, installed on my TSW720 (Received it this week and I still need to solder the cables for the buttons):

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Momo10

And here is my gamepod:

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Pictur11
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 21:03

affraid
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 21:25

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012 - 21:38

Thxs guys I'll post better pics as soon as possible. I also have a BIG Grant Winston cup wheel that I swap for stock car racing, like this one: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GNT5/332.oap?pt=N1258&ppt=C0200 Driving on ovals with that is simply amazing Shocked

With all my new equipment, I'm going to be closer to the aliens than ever Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 813589 ... they won't lap me at least till lap 5 Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 161590
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2012 - 10:16

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I have cut provisionally a piece of plastic and placed it below the gate to block the 7th gear and the reverse, as a 6-H pattern more than suffices for the classic cars and stock cars I drive. I will eventually get one of Derek Spear's gates, but later.
Did the same using an old CD, much better now! Do you know if Derek Speare will make a six-slot gate, so far all pictures show the reverse on the extreme right.

I'd like less bling on my knob Sad
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2012 - 10:50

Hey Alberto, your equipment looks amazing.
No wonder I have such an hard time racing you lol!
And thw wheel... I've just loved it... both.
The classic one looks so cool. If I had a button box I would go for that!!! :top:
Looking really amazing Alberto :banane:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2012 - 17:34

Thanks David Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 652294

Quote :
Did the same using an old CD, much better now! Do
you know if Derek Speare will make a six-slot gate, so far all pictures
show the reverse on the extreme right.

I will mail him and ask that. I wanted to also buy a button box from him, but the problem is that I'm using already the maximum 3 controllers (TSW wheel, clubsport pedals and now the TH8) any ISI engine based game will recognize Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 161590 I will instead buy the buttons and pots from Leo Bodnard and add them to my TSW, as in its board the slots for the TSW pedals (3 axis) which I don't have and 7 more buttons are free.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2012 - 17:49

There's no need to do that for me Surprised

I presume there's no way to "group" game controllers to avoid the maximum limit?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2012 - 14:03

I would not do that for you, I'm doing it for me LOL lol!

No idea if controllers can be grouped ...
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2012 - 14:42

Of course, if it was possible nobody would moan about the limit... :doh:

Can controllers be reliably routed through a USB hub?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2012 - 16:35

It's the game engine which doesn't recognize them, not Windows ... the hub doesn't solve anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next