Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?

Go down 
+38
Fabrice Bouchasson
Victor Alcocer
Tony DAndrea
finally gone :)
Karel Marciniszyn
Jens Kraft
Paul Nadeau
David Jundt
Mike Becnel
Lukas Paur
Alessio Campigotto
David Cid
Alberto Ibañez
Ludovic Tiengou
Pierre Pfleger
Ben Paulet
Franck Mercurio
Andrej Batic
Olivier Philipps
François Besançon
Martin Audran
Steve Parker
Stephane Bordignon
Jean-François Bovy
Carl Larrad
Adam Svoboda
Tiago Malafaya
Jukka Närhi
Roman Koranda
Frank Verplanken
Guillaume Siebert
Abat Hernaez
Mickael Forestier
Christian Steu
Greg Hunt
Antoine de Mautor
Patrick Marucco
Ricardo Magno
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Logitech Momo Racing
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Logitech G25
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_lcap44%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 38 ]
Logitech G27
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_lcap24%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 21 ]
Fanatec GT2/GT3/Carrera + CSP pedals[hr]
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Others (ECCI, VPP, Frex, BRD, CST...)
Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_lcap22%Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 87

AuthorMessage
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 11:18

seems i need a new wheel too :D

u need help?

ask for my oversteer setups Razz
or ask Keiichi Tsuchiya

btw:
the poll has not the legendary red momo included. only the cheap momo racing with a black colour and RUBBER(!) rim.
The red momo is hand-made leather stiched and was like GPL a legend.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 18:16

Mike Becnel wrote:
G27 has arrived.

First impression:

The motors are a LOT stronger and the G27 is build much better than my 12 year old Playstation 2 wheel.

And DAMN there are a lot of buttons!!

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Misc-you-dont-say

The surprise is strong with this one
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 20:32

iMPOSSIBRuuuuu!!

Mike Becnel wrote:
G27 has arrived.

First impression:

The motors are a LOT stronger and the G27 is build much better than my 12 year old Playstation 2 wheel.

And DAMN there are a lot of buttons!!

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Orly

omg, the longer i look at that stupid owl the more i have to laugh. its not funny, but if u dare to deal with it, you wont get out alive :frank: :frank: :hello:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 23:34

I think mine fits the context a little more.

"You don't say?"

In the meaning of "Was du nicht sagst!?!", Jens :D
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012 - 0:36

Accepting the award for "Smart ass of the day" on behalf of David is his life partner Franz. David was unable to attend due to complications from falling down a flight of stairs 8 times in a 1 story building. A witness on the scene refused to comment as he boarded his flight back to the US. :aie:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012 - 20:12

I don't even know someone called Franz, an Austrian?!?

Razz

Franz Tost, Franz Konrad, Franz Who? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 0:29

Perhaps close Uncle Franz??? :clap:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 0:54

I only know

Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Home_product

:hihi:
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:22

David Jundt wrote:
I think mine fits the context a little more.

"You don't say?"

In the meaning of "Was du nicht sagst!?!", Jens :D

yes.

i wanted to second what you said but there are not so many options Smile
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:25

i was about to buy a G27.

i have to wait for my salary but i think ... i wont buy it.

a colleague owns a Fanatec GT3- the cheapest of them. 179.95 Euro = 240 USD

after 2 years he says it is still fine.

but i need pedals, in a offer u get the 120 euro club sport pedals for 60 euros in the package.

it has everything adjustable and a load cell.

load cell O M G i will take 4 weeks to get used to it, 1 drive every week, lol. by foot is used to tiny motions now i will jsut push the pedals away lol
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:45

Load cell... me no understands. What's so awesome about the wheel?
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:51

didnt say the wheel was awesome. it is 179 instead of 199.

but g27 has open proce fight, recommended is 239 EUR or so, fanatec is selling their own wheels

the GT3 wheel has many options to set, maybe they took technology from their premiu´m wheels, you know what i mean?

G27 has helical cut cog wheels, makes it much more silent

(mike can tell the noise of my wheel really hard steering !!!)

the Gt3 has a belt drive.

the load cell is a cell behind the brake pedal.

instead of traveling your foot (like i do now, where i make tiny corrections of the foot position) i now have a laod cell, like a real pedal. u dont travel, you just press harder or softer (after initial travel).

well i havent ordered the wheel and pedals yet but i am planning on it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012 - 18:50

So who else hardly ever uses the H shifter on your G27 (or other wheel) but usually, at least once a day) runs it all the way through the gears just for fun?

<--- Guilty :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2012 - 10:31

Quote :
instead of traveling your foot (like i do now, where i make tiny corrections of the foot position) i now have a laod cell, like a real pedal. u dont travel, you just press harder or softer (after initial travel).

I have clubsport pedals with load cell and I don't think that I'm faster with them. Actually, I think I would be faster with old spring pedals. Reasons:

1) You have to build pressure against the cell, and that takes time unless (Hundreths of seconds every time you brake -which might be several times per lap) you hit the pedals brutally. With travel based pedals you just do that softly. If you regulate the cell to use little strength, then it's not easy to dosificate it.

2) In a real car you feel on your whole body the deceleration force and how it relates to the force you apply on the pedal (Plus the vibration of locking the wheels for threshold braking) while you don't while simracing. This makes it difficult to dosificate the force. Instead, with a pring pedal you just apply full travel and then let go as you reduce speed. This is specially noticeable while trail braking, you do it easily with travel based pedals and not so much with load cell pedals.

That said, aliens will be fast no matter what pedals they use, and slow drivers like me will be sitting ducks no matter what pedals we employ Rolling Eyes I think the choice is mainly for feel and inmersion, just do not take for granted that you will be faster and simply choose what feels better to you. I went to CSP pedals because of the robustness and magnetic pots (Ethernal duration, no spikes) and not because of the load cell. For the same reasons I drive with a non-FF wheel, and I don't think it makes me slower at all (Well you hardly could make me even slower anyway, that's true Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 788525 )
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2012 - 8:45

I ve got clubsport peddals with load cell brake too. I think if it is used right way, than anyone could be faster...but I have to say I have it settuped right only for one race and setup...it was with CART98 in laguna seca...I have great feeling in brake, braking on edge of blocking was very comfortable...BUT...you will touch setup and it goes to hell...so it needs great amount of time to prepare this... Sad

I will move into family house in a few months (I hope) and there will be enough place to build cockpit...right position where you can add pressure on brake and feel it in your back will bring another big advantage together with load cell brake...so I will report again then Smile
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:25

Interesting stuff, never had heard of it before ... probably very low tech, but the finish and looks is really nice ...

http://speedwayland.com/
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:33

Some of us raced against some guys who had that wheel, in our GPL days.
I can remember that spare parts were really useful, and didn't have FFB (but that was years ago).
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012 - 9:11

Yesterday I spent some time with GPL...and finaly I understand what loadcell brake is for Smile GPL with club sport pedals is really a new experience!
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Tony DAndrea
Rookie
Tony DAndrea

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012 - 6:44

hi, i use a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel and Clubsport Pedals. I had a G25 for years, and liked it very much.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2012 - 12:29

My TH8RS is not detected by the computer anymore. I expected a 150€ shifter to last longer than seven months. What a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012 - 22:27

An old Drive FX racing Wheel for Xbox360 for me :top:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012 - 18:52

Santa is being a cunt again this year (I'm sure!) so I've been thinking of ordering a Bodnar board and building a button box/shifter...
Back to top Go down
Fabrice Bouchasson
Rookie
Fabrice Bouchasson

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012 - 11:47

A voté G27 pour moi.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012 - 11:58

Quote :

Santa is being a cunt again this year (I'm sure!) so I've been thinking of ordering a Bodnar board and building a button box/shifter...
If you are happy with a sequential one, there are many examples around the internet and it's easy enough to build. An H gate is very different, though ...

In any case Derek Spear has quality sequential shifters at prices difficult to beat study
Back to top Go down
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2012 - 10:36

Logitech G25 wheel with SR-Hardware GT plate for extra buttons and rev lights.
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals.

I'm just off from 8 months sabbatical in sim racing and waiting Fanatec to iron out the flaws in their CSW and add some more rims to the selection. Maybe 2013 I'll get that CSW. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with?   Wheel & Pedals - What do you race with? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next