Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]

Go down 
+30
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Timo Vermeersch
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Jan Kowalski
Paulo Rodrigues
Florkin Marc
Vaclav Burda
Gio Nuvoli
Gérard Ryon
François Violet
Karel Marciniszyn
Adam Hackman
Guillaume Siebert
Petr Hlavac
Paul Velasco
Mick Chapman
David Jundt
Frank Verplanken
Michal Janak
Andre Cunha
Mario Gassner
Steve Parker
Dan Faas
Matthias Weber
Bruno Chacon
Honza Mild
Vladislav Zenkov
Claudio Navonne
Mike Becnel
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 14:32

Hi Folks

First I must say I feel the spirit of GPL permeating through this forum and am glad I have become a member.

I would like to throw something up into the air as I ponder returning to my simming hobby and balancing life and work.

As far as I am concerned there are three groups of simmers:

Hardcore - the crowd over at iRacing and the pro esports explosion
Softcore - people who race offline, do occasional pickup races on a variety of sim and arcade racing games
Gentlemen - Guys like me, old, been simming a long time, would love to test online daily and race in a league two or three times a month at a reasonable time.

HSO is fantastic with an awesome history and I cannot fault the formula. I get the concept of full distance races like the old days. Respect it and am going to try and race in one or two. But I am not good at marathons...

This got me thinking that perhaps there are guys like me who would love to sim with HSO but are scared off by the format - particulalry the race length.

My suggestion is HSO run a feeder or sub-series for Gentlemen (and other) drivers for sprint races using modern historic racing as a template.

These are normally 20-30 minutes depending on the series.
https://www.mastershistoricracing.com/siteContent/docs/MastersResults-266.pdf

I attended the Monaco Historique in 2016 and races were also around that length.

I think this would be less intimidating for us n00bs and would allow drivers to get experience before doing the full length races.

I understand that HSO is in transition, and respect that people are needed to run these types of championships. However may this be a suggestion for consideration by those who plot the way forward for your cool organisation.

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Pve_6811

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 18:31

Hey Paul,

There is a mix of all of the types of drivers here for sure.

There will be some pretty short races in the Gold Star schedule that will be published later. In terms of a series with races lasting only 20-30 minutes are you aware of any historical rf1 rf2 or AC series available woth races like that? You never know, it could happen.

Different subject—

I also noted last night the 79F1 server was throwing penalties for pit speed limit. Looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 18:37

Mike Becnel wrote:
Hey Paul,

There is a mix of all of the types of drivers here for sure.

There will be some pretty short races in the Gold Star schedule that will be published later. In terms of a series with races lasting only 20-30 minutes are you aware of any historical rf1 rf2 or AC series available woth races like that? You never know, it could happen.

Different subject—

I also noted last night the 79F1 server was throwing penalties for pit speed limit. Looking into it.

Okay will check out the Gold Star info.

Consider me a total n00b to the modern league scene. But fast learner...

As for the shorter races up to 30 mins, I am suggesting that you consider modeling an HSO element catering for shorter races. Maybe its just me then can it, but worth bouncing the idea.
But I am sure these are not is short supply ;-)
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 18:39

Understood Paul. There are many people in HSO in learning mode and we are often slow. In today’s race I will be extremely slow compared to the pole sitter. The race will last just over an hour. Many will NOT survive.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 18:54

Well, I had the fastest lap for a little while...Michal :grrr:
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 20:58

1979 server seems to be down CET 9pm
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 21:05

Probably because of the 1954 Spa race going on at the moment Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 21:10

How can we watch?
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 21:28

Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 21:29

Adam Hackman wrote:
Like Kubica and Russell?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 0:03

Much server work is in progress after the Spa Endurance race today. Apologies if the 79F1 practice server does not come up tonight. It will be up sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 0:48

Practice server is up and should be visible.
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 10:38

Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 12:45

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
This is hugely disappointing.

Hmm, really ? That's how all HSO championships have ever been run, although there has been some bouts of heresy in this respect the last couple of years.

For one thing, it's one of HSO's founding principles : the point is to be Lauda or Jones or whomever during the 1979 Grand Prix season, not to be Jones one race, Laffite at the next and Merzario at another.

Also, it's not fair to have some people committing to the same car all year while others can pick and chose the best car available at each round. It has to be either fixed for the season or totally free for each race as it is in the Gold Star series.

Well, it makes each championship a totally closed community and it prefers smaller grids, even when there are people who would love to race. I was looking for more rF2 races and now it looks like it will be Gold Star only. So yes, from my point of view it is very disappointing. However, it's clearly what it is and I'm not arguing. For more races I'll go to ISO. But I was planning to do both, anyway, so it's no big deal Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 15:36

Mike Becnel wrote:
Practice server is up and should be visible.
Went there for some lunch time testing and the server is there, I get in but practice never starts, and also has Fixed Setups
Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 16:10

Are you sure you are not in spectator mode ? Ben is on the server and practice session is on, no fixed setups :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 16:48

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Are you sure you are not in spectator mode ? Ben is on the server and practice session is on, no fixed setups :hum:

Strange
No one on the server when I went on minutes ago - or apparently so
This is what I get:

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Fullsc14

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Fullsc13

Cannot see the track on the left as I normally do, also race button does not work
Probably something stupid my end ... any advice please?
Was working fine previously for me
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2020-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 17:24

s'est comme si je n'avais pas la bonne version : Question

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Hso7910

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 F197910
Back to top Go down
http://vfr.clicforum.fr/index.php
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 17:41

Il faut te désabonner ou désinstaller la v1.02 du circuit François Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 17:42

:hello: Présent
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 17:57

I was in spectator mode. Sorted Thanks
:clap:
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 21:29

is the hotlap page working yet? I get a broken link when I attempt to access it.
Back to top Go down
Gio Nuvoli
Rookie
Gio Nuvoli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2020-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 23:46

Hello gentlemen,
I've the mod f1 1979 installed from WS (updated to 0.97) and the Buenos Aires Track n.15 downloaded from mega 1.04 version, installed manually.
I cant join the server, i get the error Package not available
In the package directory i cant find any HSO.... rfmod.
In the rflauncher having no rfmod i cant fix or target the (i guess) missing files.

Any clue?
Thx in advance
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 23:51

Paul Velasco wrote:
I was in spectator mode. Sorted Thanks
:clap:

I did that in rf1 once and invented several superb curse words figuring out what was wrong!

Dan Faas wrote:
is the hotlap page working yet? I get a broken link when I attempt to access it.

I just tried to have a look and it appears the page is down. < best Indian IT support voice > Please try it again later.

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2020 - 0:04

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
This is hugely disappointing.

Hmm, really ? That's how all HSO championships have ever been run, although there has been some bouts of heresy in this respect the last couple of years.

For one thing, it's one of HSO's founding principles : the point is to be Lauda or Jones or whomever during the 1979 Grand Prix season, not to be Jones one race, Laffite at the next and Merzario at another.

Also, it's not fair to have some people committing to the same car all year while others can pick and chose the best car available at each round. It has to be either fixed for the season or totally free for each race as it is in the Gold Star series.

Well, it makes each championship a totally closed community and it prefers smaller grids, even when there are people who would love to race. I was looking for more rF2 races and now it looks like it will be Gold Star only. So yes, from my point of view it is very disappointing. However, it's clearly what it is and I'm not arguing. For more races I'll go to ISO. But I was planning to do both, anyway, so it's no big deal Wink

If people fail to show up they will lose their car. When this happens it will be announced when it happens. People in the series already will get priority. If the car is super fast it is likely alien (warp speed fast) drivers will be told no if they ask.

I challenge you to take one of the two cars available (two of the slowest) and score points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next