Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]

Go down 
+30
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Timo Vermeersch
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Jan Kowalski
Paulo Rodrigues
Florkin Marc
Vaclav Burda
Gio Nuvoli
Gérard Ryon
François Violet
Karel Marciniszyn
Adam Hackman
Guillaume Siebert
Petr Hlavac
Paul Velasco
Mick Chapman
David Jundt
Frank Verplanken
Michal Janak
Andre Cunha
Mario Gassner
Steve Parker
Dan Faas
Matthias Weber
Bruno Chacon
Honza Mild
Vladislav Zenkov
Claudio Navonne
Mike Becnel
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:25

Enchainement de problème,certaine voiture faisait de microfreeze devant moi.J'ai éviter au premier tour de percuter Adam.Je suis passer par les stands pour réparer,mais la monoplace n'était pas stable,désoler pour certain. :doh:
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:31

I fell asleep for a moment, at the exit to the longest straight.

I'm an idiot.

Last edited by Vladislav Zenkov on Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:41

First thanks to all for the effort to allow me to race, restart and all, That was cool
Me messing up wasn't so I apologise for spoiling the race for Tomas
I was hot into that final esse and did not expect the Alfa to be so slow through there but there was also lag and, tagged the back of it so 100% my fault - my connection was a steady 50-52ms....

After that my engine cooked in pits and was gutted anyway to spoil the race = DNF/
Learned a lot and really wish there was a second division for noobs....
Apologies. Next time

On a positive note: everyone seemed very cool despite the hiccups, Timo on the mike was great, informative and entertaining according to my spies.

Thank You all and see you at the next one

Cheers
study
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:47

Well I made it 24 more laps than I did last race so positive movement! A congrats to Vlad for beating me out for the pole, I was hoping I'd snatch this one out from under you. In the end a bit of poor car control got the best of me. I was saving fuel after the first couple of laps and was running 10+ seconds off of my quali times. I was holding pretty steady around 7th and hoping for a points finish,. A side bonus of saving fuel was my tires were lasting fantastically. However after around lap 23 I started pushing a bit since I was doing good on fuel compared to how many laps down I was and got onto the paint at the exit of the fast sweeper and lost the rear end, but 11th isnt too bad for a race of attrition like this one was.

It was a blast and I cant wait for Interlagos where hopefully my car wont need to run at 80% for me to make the distance on fuel!
Back to top Go down
Evgeniy Fomin
Rookie
Evgeniy Fomin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:12

so ridiculus beginnig, and not only for me :hihi:
strange, but on hard tires my car was better for me than on softs)) and from this moment i will use only swingman camera  :hum: , on default tv-cockpit i can't see beginning of the corners, even with 90fov camera (i'm playing on laptop, screen is not wide)
at least, after small accident with blue car (Ligier or Tyrrell, i haven't recognized) i took a pit stop to fix some damage, but vibrations on table from my g27 were so loud (i always race with strong ffb), that my neighbours politely asked me to stop race, so i did :smil20:

but in general that was fun  Laughing    i didn't race for a long time, more than 2 years didn't even plugged in my steering wheel to my computer) so, thanks for all, see in Brazil!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:23

I bent my suspension a tiny bit coming out of the grande curve and caused a flat spot (and wheel shake) but later someone went airborne and landed on me. Almost every block went blue. Tire wear went through the roof so had to go to 2 stop strategy. After tire change car ran ok except under hard braking right turns. The second one finally got me and I high sided (got stuck on) the curve and had to retire.

I was catching Jundt and Hunt fast but I doubt I would catch them as my tire wear was about to start causing me to slip and slide again.

We will look into the yellow flag full course yellow issue. Not sure WTH happened there! :smil20:

If you will be watching the Superbowl tonight, enjoy. Go commercials!! :clap:

Grats to whoever takes this one home!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:48

Race results + replay available on the site, championship standings updated. :hello:

Grats to Michal and all finishers :top: . What a heartbreaker for Mike and Mick :doh: . Nice job taking points in the Ensign Gio :top:

Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:52

Evgeniy Fomin wrote:
so ridiculus beginnig, and not only for me  :hihi:
strange, but on hard tires my car was better for me than on softs)) and from this moment i will use only swingman camera  :hum: , on default tv-cockpit i can't see beginning of the corners, even with 90fov camera (i'm playing on laptop, screen is not wide)
at least, after small accident with blue car (Ligier or Tyrrell, i haven't recognized) i took a pit stop to fix some damage, but vibrations on table from my g27 were so loud (i always race with strong ffb), that my neighbours politely asked me to stop race, so i did :smil20:

but in general that was fun  Laughing    i didn't race for a long time, more than 2 years didn't even plugged in my steering wheel to my computer) so, thanks for all, see in Brazil!

as the FF i set the minimal force to 8%, car Ff multiplier to 70% and filtration to 7 as somewhere was adviced for logitech wheel and the horiblůe ratling sount was minimized so i can make the race without angry neigbours and destroyed wheel (G29)
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:53

Well at least somebody can drive the Ferrari properly! Grats Michal and podium finishers as well as all finishers.

I got the fastest lap, silver lining! :banane: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:59

Mike Becnel wrote:
I bent my suspension a tiny bit coming out of the grande curve and caused a flat spot (and wheel shake) but later someone went airborne and landed on me. Almost every block went blue. Tire wear went through the roof so had to go to 2 stop strategy. After tire change car ran ok except under hard braking right turns. The second one finally got me and I high sided (got stuck on) the curve and had to retire.

I was catching Jundt and Hunt fast but I doubt I would catch them as my tire wear was about to start causing me to slip and slide again.

We will look into the yellow flag full course yellow issue. Not sure WTH happened there! :smil20:

If you will be watching the Superbowl tonight, enjoy. Go commercials!! :clap:

Grats to whoever takes this one home!

I was sure you had missed a timing beam when you span and that you were ahead of me...

You'd have caught me easily, being like up to nearly 9s faster than me when you set that fastest lap pale

I just got on the podium because many people retired, pretty depressing feeling in nowhere land.

I nwas hoping so much Mick would score with the dreadful Merzario Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:04

Unbeliveable result for me, finaly F1 win and in my beloved Ferrari

if it will be the only one in this season , still a very happy

congrats to all in finish , these cars are hard to drive and on this track with blind corners, killer curbs and tyre heating tarmac

in prerace tests i was unable to make 10 laps in row without lose rear as tyres starts slide a lot, in race i ease throthle often a brake soooo carefully not heat tyres so much, planed 1 stop but the tyres was able to do whole race when not push them so much

a lot of uel left in tank (22) :D
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:06

Michal Janak wrote:
Unbeliveable result for me,   finaly F1 win and in my beloved Ferrari

congrats to all in finish , these cars are hard to drive and on this track with blind corners, killer curbs and tyre heating tarmac

in prerace tests i was unable to make 10 laps in row without lose rear as tyres starts slide a lot, in race i ease throthle often a brake soooo carefully not heat tyres so much, planed 1 stop but the tyres was able to do whole race when not push them so much

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:54

What to say after almost 1000 km of training and having the rear of the car destroyed at the start.
When you start in the middle of the field, you have to wait for the action of the front car or put your car on one side to accelerate when the car in front is stopped. This is exactly what happened to me. Paulo Rodrigues did not move the car at the start and I was forced to wait for his action to move my car when I was hit in the face, with a broken rear wing and a very crooked right rear suspension.
Even so, I didn’t want to tarnish my stats with another DNF and I continued the race giving all the space for the drivers to put laps ahead of me, without having hindered any other driver until Dan Fass had the whole side of the turn corner, he chose exactly the side where I traveled and ended our races by hitting my car with all the violence.
My car was not fast in qualifying, but I had an excellent balance and a steady pace, both with the hard tires I used to start and I intended to do 35 laps to then fly with the soft tires.
Okay, let's go to the next race and, hopefully, without incident.
Congratulations Michal for the victory and Timo for the excellent transmission of the race.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:57

The issue that caused the full yellow has been fixed.

I am going to watch the entire qualifying session from the end of the fast straight where a shortcut is available. If you used that on a qualifying lap you should tell me via PM now. You have until tomorrow at this time. If you fail to admit it and I see it the ban will be for the season.
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 1:34

Bruno Chacon wrote:
without having hindered any other driver until Dan Fass had the whole side of the turn corner, he chose exactly the side where I traveled and ended our races by hitting my car with all the violence.

Pretty sure I didn't hit anyone else, but I'll double check the replay, sorry if I did!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 3:40

I forgot to ask, who went airborne and landed on me? That was horrible and awesome at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 8:22

When I tuned in for the broadcast first thing I saw was a 2006 Corvette leading the field under caution so I thought hummm I followed the wrong link Suspect then I heard Timo and thought jeeeez what happened to the real racing, real rules, did Frank have a stroke and the league has been taken over by a bunch of minions affraid
Fortunately it was just one of those idiotic bugs the games throw at you from time to time, and the universe was later back to normal  :D

At least the positive part is that now you know the safety car is working, for the Firecracker 400. Stock car racing without caution laps is like the proverbial garden without flowers Very Happy

As for the race, congrats to Michal for the win, even if he inherited the lead he had to deal with cooking temperatures. Only worrying part was that Vladislav was lapping 2 seconds quicker than anyone again, with a 20 seconds lead when he crashed. If he keeps it in the track, it will be hard to dispute him the championship!

Special mention to Timo, great job broadcasting all alone, I know how hard it is to do the comment  :clap:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 13:07

Congratulations to the podium and to everyone that finished.

These cars are very difficult to drive, but after practice they might become really interesting.
The Buenos Aires track is also somewhat complex. I never felt the car truly safe in my hands and with grip.

The (for me short) race): a small mistake at the start, in the gearbox, made me start very slowly. My apologies to my brazilian teammate Bruno Chacon, if I caused any mishap.

Starting in the middle of the grid is always tricky, with a lot of smoke and cars everywhere ...
Besides, it was a horrible race for me, with only 3 laps.
The option for 100% damage is always a problem, since any touch causes damage that is sometimes irreparable.

Now just waiting for Interlagos.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 13:18

Paulo Rodrigues wrote:
The option for 100% damage is always a problem, since any touch causes damage that is sometimes irreparable.

Yes it seems the mod has the same damage values as the original rF1 version, i.e. maybe a bit excessive. We might lower that for next races, we'll let you know Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 13:32

Bravo!
Michal Janak wrote:
Unbeliveable result for me,   finaly F1 win and in my beloved Ferrari

Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: My Excuse   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 13:40

I hate messing up other people's races. I felt I made no mistake and looking at the replay it shows the Alfa going off as we exit the corner, disappears, then it appeared again when I slammed into it - unavoidable.
http://www.peeveemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/incidentba.mp4
My connection was steady 51ms, but there was lagging at times.
Not sure how I can avoid this in future...
study
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 13:54

Dan Faas wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:
without having hindered any other driver until Dan Fass had the whole side of the turn corner, he chose exactly the side where I traveled and ended our races by hitting my car with all the violence.

Pretty sure I didn't hit anyone else, but I'll double check the replay, sorry if I did!

Sorry Dan, was Mr. Navone who hit behind me. I see the replay
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 14:08

What to say?? I did not expect anything as I was not comfortable on this track so I was nearly sure I won't stay long on track.
PB in quali was fine. The mess in the beginning was bad on the other hand we simply need to go through this child's disease... The race goes ok, finding myself on points was unbelievable and even considering the situation around I was not that horribly slow as I originaly expect. As times goes and I am alone on track I srat to worry about every corner and slowly losing focus which ends up with ordinary mistake but unfortunaly in the fastest corner of the whole season 😂😝 so... KIA on 5.place...bad but for me acceptable as I did not expect anything from this race. I think there is no more such uncomfortable circuit till the end of the season, so hopefully there will be some top10 finishes this year 😉
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 19:20

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Paulo Rodrigues wrote:

Yes it seems the mod has the same damage values as the original rF1 version, i.e. maybe a bit excessive. We might lower that for next races, we'll let you know Wink.

I think in Greg's case, it didn't happen. He lost his front wing(and maybe more) and had to pit right behind me.

He came out some 45s behind me after the repair...

...he still caught me although the Wolf was a rather unreliable car in real life and drove away from me with ease as I couldn't hold on anywhere with my tyres, so I think I remember right that when pitting it fully repairs the car, even the aero/drag damage.

In some AMS mods(and rF2 official content at least), you'd still have a speed deficit(without a driver swap to negate it) aswell assuspension and steering damage.

So although it's 100% damage(unless you lose a wheel, I think, not sure if this mod forgives this), you can still safe your bacon if you get to the pits to repair it.

At least it seemed like that in testing, might need to try it again...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Claudio Navonne
Club Driver
Claudio Navonne

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2015-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 21:25

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Dan Faas wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:

Sorry Dan, was Mr. Navone who hit behind me. I see the replay

In the replay I can't see any contact, and I didn't feel anything on the steering wheel, it could have been lag, and in the replay you can clearly see how the car was throwing flames (!!) for 100 meters before. Anyway, I apologize. I was left out when I misunderstood my friend Mick Chapman in the back bend when I was passing him and he was struggling with the disastrous Merzario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next