Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.

Go down 
+14
Mark Lynn
Steve Parker
Stig Bidstrup
Jim Carvalho
David Sabre
Pascal Mikula
Richard Wilks
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
Gabriele Maruca
Michael Drechsler
Jacob Fredriksson
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:46

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Cool to see you are still on top of it, updating and improving it  :top:

What are your next plans now?  Smile

Well, if the result is satisfactory, I'd like to try and convert this mod either to AMS or RF2, it depends on what I can get to work easier :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:47

AMS ... we will have a talk about that  :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:51

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
AMS ... we will have a talk about that  :antoine:

Heh, problem with that is the programs I used to convert it with (GCSE, I seem to recall) always crash and burn, with nothing to show up for it.

Do you have a better method or program? Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:58

Oh yes I do, don't worry. We can talk about it when the time comes, once we have our 2020 season underway.  Smile

Main difference AMS vs rF2, you need to re-use an existing tire model from rF2 for your mod and pray it works well, because creating one is too complicated. In AMS you can still define it as in rFactor1, it's a kind of rFactor 1.5 if you see what I mean. But with flatspots, tire pick up and way uprated physics engine.
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 16:19

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Oh yes I do, don't worry. We can talk about it when the time comes, once we have our 2020 season underway.  Smile

Main difference AMS vs rF2, you need to re-use an existing tire model from rF2 for your mod and pray it works well, because creating one is too complicated. In AMS you can still define it as in rFactor1, it's a kind of rFactor 1.5 if you see what I mean. But with flatspots, tire pick up and way uprated physics engine.

Still, this means that there's much more margin in AMS than RF2. Interesting...
Alright, all I need now are the right programs to do the job Smile
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 18:55

Alright, who had two thumbs and fucked up the hotfix? This guy right here! geek

Some stuff was missing and I'm sorry for it: just redownload it from this link and all the stuff will be there Smile

https://mega.nz/#!GgsynK6K!lBg8AqgLaBNWxVDwLhuzVBlzDo1BVqL3TX49_yV3OYY
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 19:28

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:19

Just so we're clear, I DID NOT CONSENT TO THIS: these fucking bastards stole my 3-years-long work and selling it at a profit, when I'm not allowed to do so or I'll be seeing attorneys in no time.

I'm really seething, because there's nothing that I can do, legally speaking.

https://www.assettocorsamods.org/product/assetto-corsa-grand-prix-1958-mod/
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:34

OMG this is really appaling, I can't believe it Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:38

Look through their DB, they steal popular mods and convert them to AC, selling them at a Profit.

They did it with F1 1982.
They did it with F1 1971.
Who knows what else from HSO/ISO or other good developers they stole.

Do I hear "class-action lawsuit"?
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:52

Well considering the contents you can see on their website, I guess that bringing F1s attention to it should suffice for them to be in a good shitstorm. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 13:25

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Well considering the contents you can see on their website, I guess that bringing F1s attention to it should suffice for them to be in a good shitstorm. Twisted Evil

Check their site. They even took the Supertourers mod if I saw that correctly, and charge, in total, I think 40 bucks for it.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 15:03

Well I hope people who buy that share it freely so as to give those assholes the proper one fingered salute.
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 15:06

Problem is, they modified the cars ever so slightly (just look at the tyres, for example) and multiplied the triangles a tad so they're falling into the "Derivative Artwork" stuff if anybody tries to sue them under that angle. The only angle that might work is to call F1 or FIA and give them a proper pointer, but that could backfire spectacularly on the whole scene.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 17:27

This is what gives modding a bad reputation with big car manufacturers and the FIA. Evil or Very Mad

I feel your pain Gabriele and hope that you can continue with your work. :top:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 20:45

Gab
its anoying this happens but they cannot steal our passion and dedication, NEVER!
in our HSO/ISO family are guys with determinated minds that only bring the best for people who understand and love the smell of Leaded fuel , pine trees , goosebump engine sounds and enviromental immersion :D
with or disagree our community is driven by engineers, petrol headed guys and historical freaks , not cheap ass cunts that just want a plug and play mod for a few pennies.

you know Philrob and myself for wich I stalled the main project for you to bring soon the ultimate combo and HSO/ISO will grap it by the balls to drive this dream combo as you and we intented to give the Family the ultimate experience!

your friend

FD
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Dec 2019 - 12:07

mate you still here
cant reach you also not on f1classic

testing the new track.. and here i compared it with BorekS F1lr 67v2,0
both quality of the cars are insane good and high
however the 58 mod suffer from fps losses during start finish. crashes and replays
its stutters very heavy compare to the F1LR mod by borek its cuts like butter nothing matters what happens.

I suggest . recommend to hand him over the 1958 mod and iron out this problem and
this must be solved for online racing which will happen here next year

also did you read my pm for the bugs on the BRM
and also check the Ferrari upgrade for all drivers, specialy the Telescopic engine cover
mainly the problem is the transparant engine cover still displayes from mid season while the updrade text said its covered in metal!
and also make sure for the new patch you activate sound scrape on the materal body when the car is scraping the floor . when loosing a wheel.. because on this track it will happens alot.. :D
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Dec 2019 - 12:15

François Remmen wrote:
mate you still here
cant reach you also not on f1classic

testing the new track.. and here i compared it with BorekS F1lr 67v2,0
both quality of the cars are insane good and high
however the 58 mod suffer from fps losses during start finish. crashes and replays
its stutters very heavy compare to the F1LR mod by borek its cuts like butter nothing matters what happens.

I suggest . recommend to hand him over the 1958 mod and iron out this problem and
this must be solved for online racing which will happen here next year

also did you read my pm for the bugs on the BRM
and also check the Ferrari upgrade for all drivers, specialy the Telescopic engine cover
mainly the problem is the transparant engine cover still displayes from mid season while the updrade text said its covered in metal!
and also make sure for the new patch  you activate sound scrape on the materal body  when the car is scraping the floor . when loosing a wheel.. because on this track it will happens alot.. :D

Are you sure mate? My Inbox there is almost empty... I told you F1C's system made a bit of a fuckup ^^;

I have read your PM and the BRM really doesn't have any issues, I've checked every file and really can't find anything wrong with it :/
For the covers, it's because I didn't code the upgrades for the tracks since I wasn't sure what we were going to use. I shouldn't be long in coding that Smile

About the FPS, I think it's a problem of the tris count in the models: I couldn't go lower than that otherwise the details would've been lost when up close, but I've tried to lower them as much as I could the farther the car went from the player.

Plus, I'm learning some rigging to make a new pit box for the mod... thing is, it's a bit difficult in Blender ^^;
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Dec 2019 - 13:44

its very odd but this is what it shows on my pc ingame
all the  BRM driver mirrors are mirrored

did i miss something? have the latest version

BRM mirror

and i forgot to tell
the lotus 12 blows up at carriere at spa
cant do a full lap with it

would be nice to make proper pits yes and also a 50s pitcrew with the correct tires displayed like you did with the 1965 version asell a 50s UI garage 'Look"
man this is going to be epic
soon a big present will drop at your mail :D
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2020 - 15:02

Alright guys!

New update available: this has been the hardest patch to make when considering the tidbits that had to be fixed... small details are the ones that require the most work, and they can really stick out when looking at the bigger picture  lol!

I hope to hear your feedback and that you'll enjoy the latest iteration of our work. From the land of the quarantine, over and out! ^^;

https://mega.nz/#!K0kmkQzJ!Y8tarSgsBDrM994KuTWM4Wbu2D_01UExObAvb5jp7eg
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 4:37

This is awesome ... if I can get it installed and running. You guys are wayyy beyond my pay scale! affraid I hope you don't mind my asking a question that probably has a very simple answer, compared to what you've done to create this masterpiece.
I've downloaded the 7 parts of the file in 7z format. I can unpack them and get two folders: one called F1_1958 and the other called "SeasonData". I can't figure out what to do with these or with their contents to get this mod running. Have a good chuckle at my expense. And then if you could steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Stig Bidstrup
Rookie
Stig Bidstrup

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2020-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 18:49

Jim Carvalho wrote:
This is awesome ... if I can get it installed and running. You guys are wayyy beyond my pay scale! affraid I hope you don't mind my asking a question that probably has a very simple answer, compared to what you've done to create this masterpiece.
I've downloaded the 7 parts of the file in 7z format. I can unpack them and get two folders: one called F1_1958 and the other called "SeasonData". I can't figure out what to do with these or with their contents to get this mod running. Have a good chuckle at my expense. And then if you could steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Each folder " example " : Sound have a sub folder named F158 you just move that F158 folder into the Sound folder in your rfactor game. you do the same with all other folders in your F158 download. when all folders have been moved . Start rfactor --and wupti you have the F158 Mod running Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 3:53

Thanks, Stig. I'll take another look and follow your suggestions using a copy of my F1_1965 rFactor installation.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2020 - 3:49

OK. I think I figured out where to put the content in the folders labeled: "Circuits", "Drivers", and "Vehicles." But now I've got a bunch of files called "58A.gdb" and "58AIcon.bmp" continuing on through "58K.gdb" and "58KIcon.bmp" and "F1_1958T.gdb" and "F1_1958TIcon.bmp". I couldn't find a similar group of files elsewhere in my other rFactor installations. Any suggestions? Can I buy a vowel? scratch
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2020 - 13:33

Will download it when I get home and let you know Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next