Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]

Go down 
+32
Brian Janik
Thiago Canola
David Jundt
Dave Miller
Richard Wilks
John Cook
Mick Chapman
Martin Lacina
Michal Janak
Bruno Chacon
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
David Jaques
Jason Fitch
Victor Montenegro
Gérard Ryon
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Jan Prusa
Raul Jereb
Raymond Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Jan Kowalski
Mark Craggs
Yves Plaçais
John Thim
Juha Bos
Austin Johnson
David Sabre
Lukáš Vydra
Richard Coxon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 22:47

Left the track 3 times,
1st trying not to hit anothers arse
2nd missed turn in, ran wide
3rd disconnect of brain
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2018 - 3:37

I forgot to mention the broadcast! It was great guys. Pascal is a very enthusiastic announcer I like it 👍. Mixed with Albertos knowledge. It's probably better than actual announcers. I'm no Drift king my friends if I was I would be in the qualifiers for Formula D. I just love driving plain and simple, that's why I love this Historic Family so much. I've never met a group of guys so commited to making great mods....no one's even close to the standard that's why I went from iracing to HSO. They make great cars and I love to drive what else is there to say. :drink: :cowboy:

And BTW Jason Whited I did a little test in all the cars before and mid season after the tire update....I was the fastest in your car by 3 tenths over the fastest cars in the mod. Not bragging or being a d&$@ just giving you a little insight so you'll destroy us at The Glen......
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2018 - 11:18

Thanks for the broadcast Pascal and Alberto. :top:

I qualified over a second faster than I had practiced but was still only 14th on the grid.
A reasonable start and then moving up through the field as a few people slid off and using my Matra's straight line speed I was up to 7th. A queue of cars was now forming up behind me with Brian Janik making a few attempts to get past but my straight line speed was keeping them behind me. A few laps later it was Ray Riddall try to get past and after a few laps he managed to get along side going into turn 3 (Quebec corner) and I had give him space which enable Ray to continue around the outside and get past :hello: , I thought that there would be a chance to come back at him on the straight but a couple of missed gears coming out of Moss and Ray was away. I tried to keep up with Ray's pace but a slight mistake into turn 8 and the slid off into the armco barrier, race over.

I'm looking forward to Watkins Glen it feels as if its going to be a high speed race around there but the barriers are ready to catch any mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2018 - 13:41

Austin Johnson wrote:
And BTW Jason Whited I did a little test in all the cars before and mid season after the tire update....I was the fastest in your car by 3 tenths over the fastest cars in the mod. Not bragging or being a d&$@ just giving you a little insight so you'll destroy us at The Glen......

Hey, I'm all ears if you've got some advice.
But the 3 March cars are not the same, unless I am mistaken.  Pretty sure I'm in the weaker of the bunch.  
Thing lacks top speed by a long shot, so (not being a d$%@, or bragging) but I'd have to ask that you prove that before I actually believe it was my particular car that you were doing that in.  :antoine:  
Have a really hard time believing this thing could ever keep up near the front.  
Now, the #17, that very well might be another story.

ETA: For clarity...just want to say that when I say things in this post race and others about my car being a POS, or being a "heap" or whatnot, I'm not actually knocking the mod itself.

Perhaps strange, but I'm generally one of those rare sim racers that enjoys driving cars that aren't exactly equipped and ready to run at the front.
Yes, I know, some here and abound will actually even claim we don't exist...but we do. (Hell, that's what initially brought me here!) I love to [try to] take something that should not be able to run in a place, and attempt to put it there. I find it more rewarding, and I enjoy the challenge (and even the frustration)...

So, when I'm slagging off on my car.....it's one of those terms of endearment sort of things, rather than a whine fest about the particular mod. :D
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2018 - 13:59

Jason Whited wrote:
Yes, I know, some here and abound will actually even claim we don't exist...but we do.  

You are not alone Jason!! Underrated Cars Society rules!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2018 - 15:46

You're correct Jason, you have an Alfa engine which is shit tbh.
Back to top Go down
John Cook
Club Driver

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2018 - 22:25

i was discoed when it rolled to warm up and again after the start
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 0:06

Jason Whited wrote:

Perhaps strange, but I'm generally one of those rare sim racers that enjoys driving cars that aren't exactly equipped and ready to run at the front.  
Yes, I know, some here and abound will actually even claim we don't exist...but we do.  (Hell, that's what initially brought me here!)  I love to [try to] take something that should not be able to run in a place, and attempt to put it there.  I find it more rewarding, and I enjoy the challenge (and even the frustration)...

I'm with you.
Qualifying in that 1991 Modena Lambo, or scoring points in the MclrnM6 CanAm were very rewarding, even if nobody noticed :champ:
Trying to do the whole season is rough though. You'd probably be happy to get your lousy older March back at this point.
Well done dragging that anchor into the points at Mosport!! :spy:
Which leads to

John Cook wrote:
i was discoed when it rolled to warm up and again after the start

Reliability was suspect in the early 70's for sure, but all these Disco's are years ahead of their time!
So many at this event
Any clue what the cause may be?
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 0:14

Well, Dragging the 701 around this one was certainly a tiring experience. Though the more I drive it the more I love it in the way that I like weird and wonky racing cars.

Had Either Mark or Jason in the mirrors for most of the race, both of them defiantly faster then me except for the straights which was how I was able to hang on for so long.

still got a finish so can't complain, thanks to all for the race and to Pascal and Alberto for the broadcast

Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 0:34

Jason Whited wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Hey, I'm all ears if you've got some advice.
But the 3 March cars are not the same, unless I am mistaken.  Pretty sure I'm in the weaker of the bunch.  
Thing lacks top speed by a long shot, so (not being a d$%@, or bragging) but I'd have to ask that you prove that before I actually believe it was my particular car that you were doing that in.  :antoine:  
Have a really hard time believing this thing could ever keep up near the front.  
Now, the #17, that very well might be another story.

ETA:  For clarity...just want to say that when I say things in this post race and others about my car being a POS, or being a "heap" or whatnot, I'm not actually knocking the mod itself.

Yes, I know, some here and abound will actually even claim we don't exist...but we do.  (Hell, that's what initially brought me here!)  I love to [try to] take something that should not be able to run in a place, and attempt to put it there.  I find it more rewarding, and I enjoy the challenge (and even the frustration)...

So, when I'm slagging off on my car.....it's one of those terms of endearment sort of things, rather than a whine fest about the particular mod.  :D

So sorry about the confusion. Yea you do have a shit car lol. It must have been the #17 then I thought they all had the same engine for some dumb reason. So sorry. pale
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 16:15

Austin Johnson wrote:
So sorry about the confusion. Yea you do have a shit car lol. It must have been the #17 then I thought they all had the same engine for some dumb reason. So sorry. pale

:rigol:

No worries, no need to be sorry.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2018 - 20:37

*Looks at YouTube comments*

Jonatan \"Super Swede" Acerclinth wrote:
"I'll probably crash and burn, otherwhise, anyones race" - Jonatan Åcerclinth

*Finishes 4th*

lol!

I also have to thank Jonatan, sending me setup shortly before the end of qualifying, even though I never went as far as asking since I didn't feel like I should.

I had been missing some motivation before the race but still told myself that I was looking forward to Mosport and shouldn't miss it now.

Qualified 17th and wondered how Austin got it even further up the grid(not to mention Jonatan also showed me how to drive his setup properly!).

Had a decent starting and was close to the Top 12 when I nearly wrote my car off on lap 1, side-swiping the guard rail at the turn after the long straight with the crest.

Not sure if that caused my car to be unbalanced for the rest of the race, but it wasn't getting any easier/better to go quick.

Maybe I couldn't quite adjust to the setup, but I struggled more than usual.

I wasn't having an easy time to shift the weight of the car in the fast and flowing sections, especially the last few turns.

I understeered quite a bit and couldn't take the turns as fast as I wanted. Shifted towards oversteer(as Jonatan said it was rather oversteery), but as soon as I risked it, I was on the brink of meeting the barriers of Canada again, so I didn't follow that idea too much. Thus I often seemed like the kork in the bottle from like lap 30 on.

Never blocked anyone on purpose, although I once seemed like I was slightly napping when I somehow forgot to shift down to 2nd at T3(Quebec) when John kinda had to slightly knock to ask me to go fast again Embarassed

I had some flashes of decent pace, but it went nowhere and I was always easily re-caught in the twisty sections since I could barely take any speed through these turns due to the understeer, which also caused me to brake carefully or maybe a slight bit early.

I just succeeded because I stuck to my motto of being careful and survive(well, except lap 1 maybe) the race.

Alberto \"Nobody-expects-the-Spanish-Inquisition" Ibanez wrote:
"David is always lurking there, usually improving from his starting position"

Damn, Alberto and his crystal ball, always reading the future... Rolling Eyes

Then again, Monza happened...

It's a rather lucky result though, as a lot of other cars were faster.

Jonatan proved it as he went several thousands quicker on his fastest lap! :top:

Also, Marches in :first: (privateer), :third: , 4th and 6th(all works), amazing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018 - 0:55

David Jundt wrote:

Also, Marches in :first: (privateer), :third: , 4th and 6th(all works), amazing!

There's this misconception that all of the March cars were junk when in fact they weren't. There weren't really any bad Marches. Most of the problems with March cars were that a lot of times, subsequent models were merely minor evolutions of previous cars. The only really "new" cars were the 701, 711, and 721G. The 721 was a minor evolution of the 711, which didn't work well, so they tried some really new stuff on the 721X, which didn't work, so they went to the one thing that was already working. Which was the 721G that CMG had been racing fairly decently all season. From there March simply did some minor tweaks through to the 781.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018 - 15:38

David Jundt wrote:
*Looks at YouTube comments*

Jonatan \"Super Swede" Acerclinth wrote:
"I'll probably crash and burn, otherwhise, anyones race" - Jonatan Åcerclinth

*Finishes 4th*

lol!
Considering how my races had gone beforehand that was the mentality I went into the event with :smil20:

As I said Before, I'm chuffed with picking up 4th (which is my best F1 finish to date) and some well needed points to boost my own morale a little bit What a Face
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 12:45

See where consistency can bring you? On TS, you got me really worried like three times where it sounded like it was over, but you pulled through :top:

Also I noticed this later on:

220th start
90th podium
130th Top Five

All reached during this event Surprised

Too bad it's mostly discos that kept me below 90% finishing rate, so the Swiss clock is slightly faulty Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jan 2019 - 22:32

Mosport report has been added HERE.

Guess that leaves only some pics and one report to go.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2019 - 9:40

Excellent work yet again. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2019 - 22:41

Great reading, Timo! :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2019 - 23:04

Some pics have been added to Mooseport report.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2019 - 23:27

Great stuff, as always, Timo!

:clap: :hello:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan 2019 - 0:39

Thanks boys.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6