Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]

Go down 
+32
Brian Janik
Thiago Canola
David Jundt
Dave Miller
Richard Wilks
John Cook
Mick Chapman
Martin Lacina
Michal Janak
Bruno Chacon
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
David Jaques
Jason Fitch
Victor Montenegro
Gérard Ryon
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Jan Prusa
Raul Jereb
Raymond Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Jan Kowalski
Mark Craggs
Yves Plaçais
John Thim
Juha Bos
Austin Johnson
David Sabre
Lukáš Vydra
Richard Coxon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:14

Michal Janak wrote:
tOTALY UPSETT TODAY, THERE ARE NO GENTLEMANS ON TRACK, WHEN I SAW THAT BEHIND IS TEMPORARY FASTER CAR I DONT MAKE SO MUCH TRUBLE, in monaco i let evrybody pas without stupit blocking but today i didn get the same and suden slowning of someones cost me the race, oh so many THX , i ghagve no kind words today  

specila y BIG THX to 3rd driver
No gentlemans? I moved aside as soon I get blue flag. Dumb thing I did it in turn 4 though, I broke suspension there and found out later that the mechanic crew is unable to repair it.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:14

Same as Tiago and Dave.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:18

Please refrain from posting aggressive messages straight away. Calm down sleep on it, watch the replay and then post.
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:24

Congrats Austin and Juha. And Congrats Petr Smile

And thanks for broadcast again guys, looking forward to watching.

Last edited by Mark Craggs on Sun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:24

I put so much effort and power for this 2nd last race for me there and when David brake to T1 (i am only playing by throthle there and nearly evry lap push the throthle) he brakes i must to, wheeel lock and my race ruined, i ca clock much faster laps but there was no room to overtake, in every situation when i get from 2s begind in 1 lap behind his rear i must brake much earli then i needed to have better exits, so cant fight the 1st podium in F1 71 ,

some overtaking in the race was not IMHO too safe fo open wheelers, i am upset and still be,

i am not sure if i will race last race because it is waste of time in such a conditions
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:26

Richard Coxon wrote:
Please refrain from posting aggressive messages straight away. Calm down sleep on it, watch the replay and then post.

and way too much agressivnes on track is OK?

pray i know in Monaco what i know after this race
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:31

Michal, if you have an issue with someone on track, you know the procedure, send us a PM with the incident, your perspective and the time stamp of said incident.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:36

Just to say about the results - I am Czech, not French Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:40

Great race everyone!  Anthems now

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2018 - 23:48

Firstly, thanks Jonatan for the setup, it helped a lot.

After "barely" making the race. I was hoping to just take it easy and try to last the whole race. We went green and I gained a few positions cresting the hill at 2. As I came back down I was taking it easy and watching a car on the outside and he was pushing further out, finally he clipped the grass and half-spun in front of me. Had a car on my left so I went right, as he started sliding backwards in that direction. I avoided him but, carried too much speed into the grass and she went straight into the fence and tore off a tire. So much for my race.

One thing I wanted to address about Qualifying is Courtesy. EVERYONE has the same right to being on track, not just the fast guys. EVERYBODY needs to keep this in mind when they're lapping people. That car maybe 25 seconds slower than your Ferrari or Tyrrell or McLaren or BRM or Surtees, but they still have a right to finish their Hotlap as quickly as they can. I was run over at least 5 times while trying to get a hotlap in during qualifying.

So please show some courtesy when passing "slower" cars and also learn where a good and bad place to pass is, like NOT at the top of Turn 4 ON THE OUTSIDE!

Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 0:03

So far this year, it's been..

Kyalami: last (not classified) after 2 accidents.
Montjuich: DNF, accident.
Monaco: DNF, accident.
Zandvoort: DNF, accident.
Paul Ricard: DNF, accident.
Silverstone: DNF, accident.
Nürburgring: DNF, accident.
Österreichring: 7th
Monza: DNF, accident.

With Mosport not being the easiest of tracks, I wasn't exactly a safe bet for a good result today. :hihi:

I practised properly, found a good setup and qualified 10th. My start was again a good one and I gained two places. Richard Wilks and Grant Riddall's mishap moved me up to 6th. I then found a way by Yves Plaçais and got into 5th, after which I spent what seemed an eternity with Yves' Matra under my rear wing. Yves found a way through, I got him back quickly. He tried again, I came back and the Matra's engine couldn't handle the excitement.

Meanwhile we'd lost Richard Coxon, David Jaques and Thiago Canola so I was now running 2nd. Austin was too far ahead, but Davidt Jundt wasn't far behind so I couldn't afford to drop the pace. My next target was to be the only unlapped river and I made it. My first points finish of the year, and a very satisfying one indeed. :second:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 0:23

Lukáš Vydra wrote:

When the HSO database creates a new driver profile, it defaults to French nationality.
I’m sure someone will update your profile soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 0:37

Jason White wrote:
Lukáš Vydra wrote:

When the HSO database creates a new driver profile, it defaults to French nationality.
I’m sure someone will update your profile soon.

Should already have been corrected Lukas. :top:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 0:53

That was one hell of a race. David and Thiago that was BS I knew you had the race in the bag David, I was just trying to Stay in 2nd. I'll take em anyway I can but I hate winning that way it seems so shallow... Neutral

Congrats to the finishers it was a very long race.

The Glen should bring us a great finish to this season.

:champ: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 1:17

Sorry to ask, I might have not see/read the rules properly, but why i WAS BANNED?
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 1:20

Paulo, the race only allowed 28 starters. As 29th in the qualifying session, you didn't qualify for the race. If someone would not show up after, you would have made the grid, but as it was, you were the only non qualifier. I am sorry, but it was in the race information.
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 1:40

David Jaques wrote:
wow, im speechless.  was just trying to run my own pace, being patient with lapping cars, and all of a sudden, when i came up on a group of 3 cars i started to have some stuttering.  couple laps later into moss the screen froze on a single frame and the sound continued.  esc, alt-tab, cntrl-alt-del no response.  continued mashing on the keyboard finally got task manger up and closed AMS.

I had exactly the same problem in the same moment! !!! This is weird!
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 8:21

The broadcast from last night can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnXooOJHULI

Thank you Pascal for broadcasting the event!
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 8:21

I'm completely chuffed with how the event went for me! It could barely have gone any better...

Pre event, as you will all have seen, I was really struggling to get to grips with the car around here. Thankfully Grant sent me a PM with a few tips and tricks with how to set the car up and what I should be looking for.
With that help, and a bit of my own prefferences put into the setup from the base that came of Grants suggestions and I had a car that I felt very comfortable with, if a bit loose on low fuel as I found out later in the race.

For Qualifying I looked to simply get a basic good Race Lap in since that ought to be good enough to make the grid without too much hazzle and was able to get the lap in within the first time of trying.
From then on I took a bit of time off to have dinner and then came back and tried to improve the time by taking out about half the tank and did my PB by a second and climbed a massive 2 places from 17th to 15th, I'll probably never learn to get into a hotlapping mindset :aie:

As the race got underway I was apprahensive of starting in the middle of the pack but by being forseeing and everyone being very curtious we all seemed to get through the opening lap without too much trouble and could get on with our races, except for a bit of a moment in T3 for a couple of drivers.

After a few laps of having Mick right behind me and trying to keep up with Michal, Ray, and Brian (sorry if I've forgotten anyone else who were in that 5-7 way scrap) I looked down on the position marker and was amazed to find that I were sitting in 11th position Shocked

Most of the rest of the race was spent trying to keep up with the group ahead that were just a bit faster than me when they were running in a group but we had fairly similar pace when we were running as single cars. I had huge speed through and out of Moss (found that out by gaining .7 going through Moss when I really tried hard to catch up with the group after I made a misstake around the 20 Lap mark.
I had passed Brian a few laps earlier and in the slipstream he looked up the outside into the last section and I lost sight of him in the mirrors and don't trust the spotter so left a bit of room into the second to last turn and found myself sliding on the marbles. Thankfully I had slowed down enough to just kiss the wall and slight derange the toes and cambers. Honestly thought I was out after that.
Took a couple of laps to get the tires clean and then tried to push on and was able to gain on the group as they were fighting, I was especially gaining down the Andretti Straight and Moss.

Once I caught up once more I was struggling with the slight difference in the handling (the left Before Moss was becoming more and more hairy as the fuel burnt off as well) and the dirty air so found myself spinning in T1 when I entered just a bit too quickly behind another car. Had the dirty air, out into the marbles at the same time as I got air on the front wing and around I went, did the same in T2 not many laps later when in a fight once again.

My final spin I thought would 100% send me out of the race. (If I remember I'll record that one, it's probably the best save I've done in these F1 cars, as in not hitting the barriers....)
Came around T3 and was steaming, carefully, into the left at moss and think I, with the slight cramping that was coming in during the last 15 laps, lifted off a bit too much and little and lost it atop the crest. Span down the hill, into the grass for a few moments but was able to keep myself clearminded enough to manage to keep the car off the walls and could get going once more. Sorry for the scare Dave, was not my intention to do so just before you came steaming into the turn as well, thanks for respecting the smoke, tiretracks and yellow flag.

After this massive moment I slowed down and took it very carefully for the remaining 8-12 odd laps and was able to bring the car home in 4th due to others missfortunes but considering my own missfortunes during the year and my lack of F1 Points finishes over the years I couldn't be happier with my best F1 finish to date :champ:

Overall happy with the event. Sorry for the slight hick-up with setting the server up. Not used to set up the F1 server and with a lack of time to double check (as it was allready time for Qual) it is what it is.

Thank you for the congrats after the race as well, it was really nice to get to the finish line for the 1st time in several races and to actually be on the pace to be able to fight for positions, I think I did my 1st proper passes during this race, disregarding Nürburgring that is very special in it's nature.

See you all at Watkins Glen and the Finale :drink:

Last edited by Jonatan Acerclinth on Mon 26 Nov 2018 - 9:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 9:16

Quite sad to see Michal Janak upset cause being in the middle of that scramble I 'for one' thought the racing was great. We had one moment side by after the straight. No one wanted to yield and I gained the place, because of the grip and the benefit of the inside line (no contact) and Michal had to take for the marbles. Yes David Jundt was struggeling, but in my mind did nothing wrong. He made the car super wide and has the right to dictate the pace from his position. Even if he is breaking early, the car behind is allways at fault if contact is made.

And that 250+ close call with Brian Janak was insane. Glad we made it without contact. Sadly I aswell got disconnected as many others did. Othervise this was probably my best online experience yet.

Also a heads up to the commentary team. Bringing nailbiting joy for my wife and brother tuning in to watch. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 9:49

Jason White wrote:
Yes, I was thinking about that. I've just posted there just in case nobody will notice that Smile
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 10:12

Disco for me too
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 10:31

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
The broadcast from last night can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnXooOJHULI

Thank you Pascal for broadcasting the event!

Let me tell you..it wasn't easy!

Besides the obviously high rate of attrition, it was also difficult to watch any car-to-car battle that wasn't the 5 or 6-car battle in the midfield! You guys really gave us some great stuff to watch!
Also, well..as many had stated, their AMS froze up and so did mine. It stuttered a little whenever I alt-tabbed out of the game to change overlay in my OBS. I ran AMS in "Borderless Windowed" mode, which is the only way my OBS can pick it up from the Game Capture.

Around lap 62, the game froze completely on me. I got maybe 1 FPS and as you had to hear too..the audio was completely screwed. Had to re-connect to the server, but thus I lost all data and my whole overlay and everything was stuck in lap 64. So I honestly did not have a clue as to where in the race we were. Anyway, I hope you had fun watching because we sure did! :D
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 10:42

Regarding that, we will be getting a new, improved server this week (And anyone who was considering donating but has not yet done so, is welcomed :hihi: ) that should hopefully help with all that weird stuff that has been happening lately.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018 - 15:54

Hell of an ugly way to snag a point, but I'll take it!  :D

Absolutely unexpected result in the heap I was driving Shocked

Took forever to find some balance with the car.  A few days prior to race day and I was almost hopeless.  
Went in only hours before the race, completely scraped the setup I was working on, and radically changed my approach (to finding some balance, which is all I was concerned with)

The car lacks top speed (understatement)
This track in particular showcased just about every reason my car is a largely noncompetitive POS.  lol
...so, I wasn't too hopeful for much and was just set on finishing under power.

But after working with the new approach a bit, I found that I could control the car, even well beyond "the edge".  Had some ridiculous full on drifts at times, 95% were caught....sometimes comically even.  :rigol:

So I set off at race time to just settle in, do what I could, and bring the car home in one piece.
Found I was able to run with a few other cars....they were killing me in a straight line, but I was able to make it all up in the corners, so much so that I was even able to, at times, stick the nose in far enough to be a hassle, hoping for mistakes (that never came)...

Made a few mistakes of my own along the way...a few spins, mostly lucky and did not touch anything.  Slightly pegged a barrier somewhere along the way trying to catch the car after getting off in the grass, but didn't seem to upset the car much.

Kept plowing along, watching as I gained attrition positions....catching back up to Dave Miller and Mark C.  ...then falling behind once more, time after time, as I would catch them and then make a mistake that would cost me time.
Fun stuff, attempting to chase them down.  Frustrating, doing so but knowing it's all worthless because I cannot hold them off in a straight line (especially Mark)

20 laps or so left and I was thinking about how I was so close to a point (P7-9 or so at the time)....thinking about every tiny mistake and what it cost....about how this mistake and that one was the reason I was not a position or two closer to that point.

But, in the end, stuff happened...and the unexpected happened....and :banane:  :drink:  :D   cheers

Shame about the discos...but grats to Austin on the win, no less.  And to the podium.  And all us small list of finishers even!  
Unexpected, but oh so desired...needed even.

Looking forward to driving this heap into the ground at Watkins (because that is what it will take to go anywhere in this thing)....I'll either finish, or die in a fiery ball of flames, there will be no in between  :cowboy:

:yaa:

ETA: Ooops....broadcast crew, big thanks to you too! :hello:

And, HSO, I'll be donating soon as well...another week or so and I'll be ok to do so. :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next