Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]

Go down 
+32
Brian Janik
Thiago Canola
David Jundt
Dave Miller
Richard Wilks
John Cook
Mick Chapman
Martin Lacina
Michal Janak
Bruno Chacon
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
David Jaques
Jason Fitch
Victor Montenegro
Gérard Ryon
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Jan Prusa
Raul Jereb
Raymond Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Jan Kowalski
Mark Craggs
Yves Plaçais
John Thim
Juha Bos
Austin Johnson
David Sabre
Lukáš Vydra
Richard Coxon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 10:33

If you get everything Lukus says (Thank you) you will be good John.

@ Lukas, you can, go into your PLR file (In my documents/Automobilista/Userdata/YOURNAME.plr) and edit this line to "0"

Relevant Setups Only="0"
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 10:35

Thanks Richard, for both things Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 10:40

In rfactor you could click on "see all" to show all setups, no matter for what car. Can't remember right now where the option is in AMS, but must be there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 10:41

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
In rfactor you could click on "see all" to show all setups, no matter for what car. Can't remember right now where the option is in AMS, but must be there somewhere.

No option is AMS unfortunately. You just have to edit a line in your plr file.  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018 - 12:29

Richard's conformation of his presence.

Found in the NZTCC Threads Laughing

Richard Wilks wrote:
:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2018 - 18:37

Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2018 - 20:53

Just a heads up, If your going to be away from keyboard can you leave the server.

Jan Kowalski your stuck in race session mode and no one can join.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 11:16

Grant Riddall wrote:

i was shortly afk, but we still managed to have a well filled server last evening. Great attendance for a penultimate round of the season.

Back to 1971 season, how you all get these cars so fast? My laps felt not so slow than it would look in the practice results (+ 3,5s to David Jacques with the same car i think :hum:  ). Target should be +1s to Jaques :spy:  
(My Diff: sec 1: +1,3s; Sec 2: +0,9s; Sec 3: +0,9s)
Perhaps you have some advice/experience on cornerning or driving the cars on general. I´ve already read about Alberto´s advice from an early post this season.
What setup you running? I used mine from Paul Ricard because i was happy with the car balance and changed only the wings. But it was for the March 711 and i dont think setups would make that big difference? I already feel comfortable on track despite being not fast enough.
Is it helpful to go with more wing at front than at rear?
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 11:38

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:

i was shortly afk, but we still managed to have a well filled server last evening. Great attendance for a penultimate round of the season.

Back to 1971 season, how you all get these cars so fast? My laps felt not so slow than it would look in the practice results (+ 3,5s to David Jacques with the same car i think :hum:  ). Target should be +1s to Jaques :spy:  
(My Diff: sec 1: +1,3s; Sec 2: +0,9s; Sec 3: +0,9s)
Perhaps you have some advice/experience on cornerning or driving the cars on general. I´ve already read about Alberto´s advice from an early post this season.
What setup you running? I used mine from Paul Ricard because i was happy with the car balance and changed only the wings. But it was for the March 711 and i dont think setups would make that big difference? I already feel comfortable on track despite being not fast enough.
Is it helpful to go with more wing at front than at rear?

What I would say is first off just fill the tank up with 70l and just do lap after lap after lap. Its very beneficial for me at least to start of with getting to know the rhythm of the track like it's second nature. Even though you may know the track and done some laps 9/10 for me when I want to improve my times I start by doing this. You find so much more information than you thought you knew. You learn new lines, braking zones and general techniques you may of over missed by focusing on hot lapping.

I'd also suggest to try and drive the car in as smoothly as possible. Getting traction early on the exit of turns is very crucial in this mod!

Setup wise I'd suggest soft springs due to the elavational changes and focus on downforce over speed. It really is a mix of setting your car up to your preference, do you want turn in over mid corner grip or vice versa? Because camber can play a major role on this track.

To start though pick your wing settings (3/3 seems to work very well) and then increase or decrease the rear roll bar until you find that sweet spot in balancing around the turns and then go from there :top:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 14:19

Back to top Go down
Jan Prusa
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2018-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 16:12

I have a problem...When I add AI drivers in single player, it is impossible to drive a car...I have a huge lags... Maybe my computer is weak... :/
So March 701 #35 I booked is FREE!
I´ll try to solve it and join you in Watkins Glen... Enjoy the race guys!
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 16:46

Jan Prusa wrote:
I have a problem...When I add AI drivers in single player, it is impossible to drive a car...I have a huge lags... Maybe my computer is weak... :/
So March 701 #35 I booked is FREE!
I´ll try to solve it and join you in Watkins Glen... Enjoy the race guys!
Try going online and see if the lag is there. It could be due to the ai drivers the having problems, online there will not be any ai drivers.
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 17:11

First race in automobilista upcomming. 
However I also have issues regarding stuttering and lag at times. Mostly occurs when anyone crashes. But at times it also has a 'slowmotion' feel. Any graphic settings does'nt seem to make a difference. I've read about the 'hud minimap' might be a factor aswell as the d3d9.dll file that can be deleted. And that strong ffb could cause this aswell as to many active usb ports? Does any of these actually solve the issue or is it just down to poor performance.

FYI I do not have the best CPU, however can run rfactor without any issues at high & highest values.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 17:18

First thing to try, reduce or remove at all shadows and then visible vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 17:48

do you have installed any plugins? :hum:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 18:25

to those new to AMS, also have a look at your sound settings. for me, the default opponent volume was too loud, made it very hard to hear my own car on the grid.

as for graphics, what alberto said about the shadows is huge. also, check your anti aliasing settings, AA can really use up performance for very little gain at high settings.

@ jan, i've really been working on the car a lot plus this is MOSPORT!!! home track, have some on track time there, and it's always been one of my favourites. i'll drop you a pm with what im working on.

to the question about more front wing than rear, i would say it depends on the particular car, but for me in the brm i have found running equal front/rear wing the best. with higher front wing i have to dial so much extra understeer into the setup to be stable at high speed that the low speed balance is gone.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 21:37

Can I change to: #30 Pete Lovely - Lotus 69 - Ford Cosworth S9 ? (since it is TBA)
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2018 - 21:48

Yes, but you will have to give up your full time car.
Back to top Go down
John Cook
Club Driver

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 1:40

ive shaved off a few seconds with each attempt but still in the back and many seconds too slow , my first use of the cars really so ill have to dedicate some more practice time , wont be fast but ill be safe driving

i have used AMS but not much , is there a network ini or some network settings i need to check , ive discoed from the server a few times , my ping is around 115
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 9:04

Race length is still set to 8 laps on the server.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 9:20

Lukáš Vydra wrote:

And? It will be changed to the race distance when we relaunch the server on Sunday at 19:00 Paris time. Or was there another reason for your post? :hum:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 9:48

Richard Coxon wrote:
Lukáš Vydra wrote:

And? It will be changed to the race distance when we relaunch the server on Sunday at 19:00 Paris time. Or was there another reason for your post? :hum:
I just thought it's a mistake, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 9:51

No need to apologise. Smile

We always have a practice server set how it is now and then an official server on Sunday evening of our race.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 10:00

It's the same server, right? Only with different settings?

Also, until what time before the race weekend is practice server on? I am asking this because I wonder if it's possible to do some final practice like 30 minutes before qualifying - That's what I've been used to for many years on rFactor.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 10:05

The practice server is on until Qualifying starts (19h00).
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]   Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Canadian Grand Prix [Nov 25th]
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next