Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)

Go down 
+32
Yves Plaçais
Roman Koranda
Pascal Le pihive
David Jaques
Dylan Canton
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Philippe Martinelli
Jan Kowalski
Mick Chapman
François Remmen
Raymond Riddall
Didier Conjeaud
Glenn Corliss
Michal Janak
Florkin Marc
Vincent Beretta
Steve Parker
David Jundt
James Knowles
Richard Coxon
Emil Gersak
Jacob Fredriksson
Greg Hunt
Petr Hlavac
Gérard Ryon
Raul Jereb
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason Fitch
Dana Schurer
Mike Becnel
Jason White
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 20:08

Is there any other free car tonight ? Sad
I only need 4 Wheels and a engine that runs..
Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 21:39

Had a decent start but ruined it when I got caught up in the moment and went too hard too early. Spun into a barrier on turn two, lap two and lost a wheel. :doh:

Well, bring on Long Beach!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 21:39

The Ferrari is faster than the Wolf and I should have picked the wolf at season start as it is more stable. I'll swap if approved with whoever is top on list.

Rear of car had a yellow line as I spun on lap 1. Took the rear wing off in spin. Car was undriveable with broken rear suspension.

Can random failures happen? I may have had the rear set drastically too soft. I am having Hell with this car's looseness.

Edit: Watching replay I think the damage occurred when I slid over the edge of the track and bottomed out. Meh, my fault. Seriously considering dropping the Ferrari. I can't drive it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:04

I'd love a race without someone spinning in front of me and ruining it.

Really really pissed off, had the pace to match Gerard and Petr.

Never mind, on to Long Beach.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:08

I must have just clipped you Jason-there was no appraent damage on my car-but wheel was conked 45 degrees to the left

Hope it wasn't the reason your race ended-barely misjudged it..
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:10

James Knowles wrote:
I must have just clipped you Jason-there was no appraent damage on my car-but wheel was conked 45 degrees to the left

Hope it wasn't the reason your race ended-barely misjudged it..

I made an error in that corner so it's on me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:15

Bernie's pissed. Really pissed Sad
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:16

Had a brilliant start; well more or less, spun in lap 2, then somehow I could just leave the brabhams and the ferrari behind me (Keep in mind, I was driving the wolf) then in lap 24 my tyres went down, so I had to pit, and then a lap later, I had a collision in turn 3 that made my car fly a bit and messed my rear suspension up; then I got hit by Jean-Marie, mostly my fault because I had to bring my car back on track, then I tried to slowly crawl to the finish; hehe no... Just in lap 40 I think my rear just broke out on the start finish straight, making me hit the wall, loosing the engine and a rear wheel.... Well so thats another DNF.. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:16

Raul Jereb wrote:
Bernie's pissed. Really pissed Sad

I would be too if I were him.  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:22

coupure de courant suite a la foudre !!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

dommage on s amusait bien avec Jean Marie , belle bagarre l ami , j espere que l on a apporté du fun aux téléspectateurs , dommage :smil20: Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:23

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Had a brilliant start; well more or less, spun in lap 2, then somehow I could just leave the brabhams and the ferrari behind me (Keep in mind, I was driving the wolf) then in lap 24 my tyres went down, so I had to pit, and then a lap later, I had a collision in turn 3 that made my car fly a bit and messed my rear suspension up; then I got hit by Jean-Marie, mostly my fault because I had to bring my car back on track, then I tried to slowly crawl to the finish; hehe no... Just in lap 40 I think my rear just broke out on the start finish straight, making me hit the wall, loosing the engine and a rear wheel.... Well so thats another DNF.. Sad Sad

I wasn't impressed when you nearly pushed me into the pit wall, and then off the racing surface at turn one.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:26

Richard Coxon wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:

I wasn't impressed when you nearly pushed me into the pit wall, and then off the racing surface at turn one.

Sorry for that Richard, I didn't see how close you were to the pit wall and then after that the car just went wide because my tires were worn down
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:40

connection lost :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:45

Not a good day for the Brabham team  Sad  Had a bad start because I am not good on steep hills.  I tried to overtake Richard and chickened-out a bit at Crowthorne, then spun into the middle of the track. James Knowles had nowhere to go and hit my right front.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:50

Jason White wrote:
Not a good day for the Brabham team  Sad  Had a bad start because I am not good on steep hills.  I tried to overtake Richard and chickened-out a bit at Crowthorne, then spun into the middle of the track. James Knowles had nowhere to go and hit my right front.

I had a place to go, Jason. I drive bumper cam and just b..a..r..e..l..y.....misjudged it....

Very sorry for both of us. I was slow as crap..but like the track and the cars.

Just wanted to finish...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:59

Congrats to Mr. Ryon on win #2 Very Happy Now the anthems:

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:03

Richard Coxon wrote:
I'd love a race without someone spinning in front of me and ruining it.

Really really pissed off, had the pace to match Gerard and Petr.

Never mind, on to Long Beach.

Richard, i'm terribly sorry pale There was an amazing race shaping up and you paid for my stupid mistake. It wasn't intentional in any way, i apologize :doh:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:10

Sad Story at all

in qualify i did my PB

the race:

never in my racing career u must let by soooooo many drivers pale

when i was about to catch the pace, i must go into endless let bye maneouvers so lost my nearest competitors, then i was letting bye and ended with car hanging on high curb, engine was hotter and hotter, so finaly i went of the curb , engine was little smoking but after some laps the smoke went off, except the lapping i had quite consistent (snail) tempo, without any spin or off track.

5 laps lost to winner and 30litres of fuel in tank left

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:11

I thought Kyalami would fit the ATS, but apparently not. Couldn't work the tyres very well, and did not see the same surge towards the end of the race as in Brazil. Ran 13's throughout the race. Did a great start, but it is very frustrating when you're only going backwards the rest of the race.

I've had serious problems with a few other drivers this time around. You know who you are (I hope). I hope these guys seriously reconsider their participation in this championship. One of them does not post in English, but I hope the message gets across anyway. He brake checked (it looked like) Philippe about half-way through the race jut before the esses, then shoved me off the track. No spatial awareness at all! Fucking ridiculous, really.
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:16

So. Very, very careful start and some place down. After two laps and heating machine I started driving like in training. From about 23 to 17 teen. Good. But about one half of the race little mistake and front wing fly to :urgence: Lazy mechanics change wing more than 30 second. Now when I leaving the pit my position were 23. Two heating laps and I started catching car from me. When I stay on 14 teen place I started saving tyres, because left front had in not good condition. The driver before me was about one lap. No chance to catch him. Five laps to go my tyres was possible to pushin the throttle an I goes on 14 teen place. Not bad, not good. But this race was very fun. Thank You.
Of course, :first: :second: :third: grat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCscT6wQROnstutlBDDh6GYw
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:20

P8 was as high as I could get this time around.

If it hadn't been for Jacob spinning, I'd have never been as close to push him all the way to the finish line(And when I closed in a bit, lapped cars gave him slipstream and the leaders came by shortly after, so I couldn't force him into another mistake). He's doing the tier 3 game with his ATS better than me in the Surtees, maybe I should have tested the ATS a bit more :hihi:

Hopefully Long Beach will be better as the track requires a bit more skill to not end up in the barriers :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:21

Grats Gerard and the rest of the podium!
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:21

:papy: :champ: :first:
Thank you,everybody.I thought quiet ride, when I saw a plane back to me.Gérard, it will require an acceleration the rytme, Petr cat, will eat you. :yaa:
Congratulations to all, is was not easy to overcome, the lapped.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:27

I watched the race live on the youtube channel, a great race, great commentary Smile congrats to the top three all well driven (excluding Petr's small mistake  pale).
I hope someone quick jumps into the Ferrari and moves it up the grid. I also hope that Mike can find another car that is more suited to him. The Wolf is also free and will become a quick car in a few races.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:28

After recent issues with disconnections, I did very little practice. It was a huge moment of relief, when i saw the green light a still found myself on the grid with all other cars. Huge thanks to everybody who helped me to solve this issue. I'm cautiously optimistic, that the cause was incorrect multiplayer settings in rF and that it won't happen again.

Qualifying wasn't very good, as I just couldn't do a single good lap. There was always some mistake, so I ended up sixth. The start itself was fine and I moved up to P3. I had a very good fight with Richard, clean, exciting racing and I was looking forward to our battle till the end of the race. Sadly, I messed up the exit from Esses, spun and Richard had absolutely no way to go. I suffered minor damage to my sidepod, Richard sadly lost his front wing and probably got roll bar and suspension damage, which was basically the end for him. Again, I'm gutted and terribly sorry for you Crying or Very sad

Once i moved back to P2 after some great slipstreaming action with Greg and Jean-Marie, I realized that this will be all about tyres. Tyre wear was huge and i was very conservative until some 20 laps to go. Then I switched to full attack mode in attempt to catch and possibly pass Gerard in his almighty Lotus. The only time when there was some kind of chance to pass him, was when backmarkers were involved. But he drove a very good race and made no serious mistake. I totally burned my rear tyres with 5 laps to go and there was obviously no chance anymore. It was rather a Formula Drift drive for me. A total exhaustion of me and my car was confirmed in the last lap, when I repeated the same mistake that took out Richard. With 3rd car 20 seconds behind, I just took it safely home on P2.

It was an exhausting race, I'm happy with the result, I'm happy that there were no more issues for me. Sadly the impression is ruined by the incident with Richard. See you next time

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Sun 14 Feb 2016 - 23:54; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)   Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Kyalami (Feb 14th)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next