Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]

Go down 
+12
Gérard Ryon
Philippe Martinelli
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
Petr Hlavac
Alberto Ibañez
Ben Paulet
Matthias Weber
Jacob Fredriksson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dylan Canton
Richard Coxon
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2015 - 23:23

Results and standings up. :frank:

This track is a generator of hapiness, it always gives good races.
Thx guys for the 10 firsts laps, it was great, very intense to follow your pace. :banane:
I finished the 15 lasts laps with a wrecked wheel after a shock on barrier. :aie:

Still sorry for your disappointment, Alan and Petr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2015 - 1:41

Not to worry Ben was going to struggle to keep up with anyone anyways, seemed to get booted alot recently when changing sessions.
Back to top Go down
Peter Lengyel
Club Driver

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2015 - 9:03

Woah.

Qualifying: "Very good Peter. Very good, P1, great job."

Race: Chaotic first lap with a bunch of lags (from me, I've just got an idea to solve it). Back to 7-8th positions, the two BMWs in the front are already 15 secs away, started climbing up, then I met with Matthias, started battling, not for long, because I had a few lags, and I pushed him after a tiny micro lag during he was unusually slow in that corner, so I felt very bad about the situation. By that time, the BMWs were 20secs away, 30 laps remaining, I could do the pace they did, but not more. In the last 10 laps I totally went off of the pace. 3rd place is good, but I missed a chance to battle at the front again :bangry:

Thank you for the race and the organisation!

See you on the final round!
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2015 - 12:04

A partir du moment où il n'y a pas de grandes lignes droites où la Mustang peut exprimer sa pleine puissance, c'est toujours un casse-tête quant au choix de pneus afin qu'ils tiennent jusqu'à la fin de la course.
52 tours sur un tel tourniquet, si plaisant soit-il, c'est toujours très long, surtout les derniers tours !

Parti en durs à l'avant et médiums à l'arrière, je gère pour une fois plutôt bien le départ pour naviguer un bon paquet de tours en 3ème position. Essayant de garder un rythme de croisière le plus véloce possible tout en économisant les pneus, je laisse tranquillement passer Peter, bien plus rapide, puis Jonathan, sans trop, ni trop peu de résistance, mais ce qu'il faut, juste pour le fun.

Bref, 5ème... plutôt content sur ce tourniquet !

Bravo à tous !
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2015 - 16:51

A true Mickey Mouse track this one, nowhere for the car to stretch its legs but real good fun Smile

Had a resonable start but had nowhere to go with it, tried to go around the outside on top of the hill but got muscled out as the 3 wide reached the exit, entered the grass and came across the front of Matthias and others. Dropped the pace and allowed Matthias to get back through, not sure if I affected anyone else as much as I affected Matthias in T3.

I tried to get my head down and keep the speed up early as I was, once again, on the Very Hards all round as I couldn't make Hards work on either end of the car, it weights just a bit too much.
Managed to do allright early on but then Jan came out of the pits and he was as quick as me overall but where I was quicker I was held up because I didn't want to nudge him as the Rover is unfriendly when nudged.

In the end managed to get through but got the car sideways and locked the rears on top of the hill right afterwards trying to break away and dropped a few positions, sorry for the lacking rejoin I did Sad

Found myself in-between Jacob and Richard. Onwards we went in a real scrap for best Holden with Jacob defending well while Richard tried to take advantage as soon as they arrived, one such came when I tried to pass Jacob at the 2nd last turn, nudged him a little and got held up as a result and Richard sneaked his way up the inside and got by in the last turn. He then made a misstake on the hill and I could find my way by again.

After many laps I managed to outsmart Jacob twice, we had different moments of the tires being better so I got by, he got by soon after and then I got by him again, I think I did it in T3 once and down at T7 and got it done out of T9 (2nd last turn).

Managed to break away a little bit after a few laps and soon Yves came into view, clearly struggling with the tires.
I spent a few laps behind him looking for a way by, sorry for the nudges at the 2nd to last turn, I was a bit quicker under brakes for that turn.

In the end I managed to find my way up the inside in the 3 right turns of 4-5-6 after having thrown it up the inside at T3 in a similar fasion to my move on Jacob much earlier in the race.

After this I "simply" kept the car on the road while trying to stretch the gap a bit but also managing the gap to the fella's behind.

4th overall and :third: in class I'm happy with, was a good fun race, a bit hectic at times but overall a lot of fun, the car was very loose for the last 3rd of the race, had to be very very careful as it wanted to swap ends in every corner :aie:

Thank you very much to everyone I had a battle with Very Happy

See you all at the next, and I think, last round Smile
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2015 - 20:23

Well, in short, a great event in a fun track and difficult time.
In practice wrong, I did not feel comfortable, then career best thing was , I had rhythm and got a second place , which is pretty good considering the championship :second: , but now reaching the end of the race , received many blows in one spin , which made me lose position and that left me a little disappointed.
greetings come and see you at the next :hello:

Bueno , resumiendo , un gran evento en una pista divertida y a la vez complicada .
En entrenamientos mal, no me senti comodo, luego en carrera la cosa fue mejor , tenia ritmo y consegui un segundo puesto , que esta bastante bien pensando en el campeonato :second: , aunque llegando ya al final de la carrera , recibi muchos golpes en un solo giro, que me hicieron perder la posicion y que me dejaron un poco decepcionado .
venga un saludo y nos vemos en la proxima :hello:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2015 - 20:52

Peter Lengyel wrote:

... then I met with Matthias, started battling, not for long, because I had a few lags, and I pushed him after a tiny micro lag during he was unusually slow in that corner, so I felt very bad about the situation.

Couldn't remember any contact with you so watched the replay, it has been Jan Titz (already one Lap down), so he should have let you pass earlier ;D

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

Had a resonable start but had nowhere to go with it, tried to go around the outside on top of the hill but got muscled out as the 3 wide reached the exit, entered the grass and came across the front of Matthias and others. Dropped the pace and allowed Matthias to get back through, not sure if I affected anyone else as much as I affected Matthias in T3.

Nah, that was good racing, and you have given me back that position, don't worry.

Also my fight with Yves was great, as short as it lasted. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]   Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Better Brakes 100 - Amaroo Park [Dec 2nd]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2