Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]

Go down 
+29
Yves Plaçais
Daniel Gomez
Richard Wilks
Jan Titz
Jean-Marie Placais
Ben Paulet
finally gone :)
Jean-louis Petillot
Mike Becnel
Vincent Beretta
Steve Parker
Gérard Ryon
Timo Vermeersch
Ricard Suanya
Sven Selbmann
James Knowles
Alessio Campigotto
Austin Johnson
François Remmen
Raul Jereb
Vadim Sadoshenko
Alberto Ibañez
Karel Marciniszyn
Mick Chapman
Carl Larrad
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason White
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:36

Raul Jereb wrote:
speaking of server problems,

reason why Timo and I swaped at the race start is becose it turned out that I cant join our car as passanger and Timo was unable to select me as a driver. I picked Timos name on drivers list, but upon hitting "race" I was placed in somebody elses car, I know it was a 956 but dont know which one. Any other driver selected was resulting the same thing, always the same 956.. unfortunately for Timo, I took the start but it turned out he cant rejoin the server any more..

Sadly this is not a problem we can solve ourselves, it must come directly from rFactor. Most of the time this problem will disappear if you shut down rFactor and relaunch it.

This issue appears sometimes when someone else is looking at your car :smil20:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:43

Richard Coxon wrote:
Yeah there were some issues with the driver swaps which have been looked into. As for a practice race, there is no need as when the server is up you can practice driver swaps all you want :top:

Well mr. Coxon, we did that during practice sessions, and everything worked fine, but when race session took place it was just a different story...

Of corse, things like this will be corrected, but if some "bigger" race is to take place, such as 6 or 12 hrs, it would be pitty to start the race and figure out things are not working well... a small few laps race can be organised just to check everything out... its a suggestion.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:46

Driver swaps usually works well (when I don't forget to allow them Rolling Eyes ), we already did several races with them.

Sadly there will always be some problem we will never solve, like the one you had when Timo couldn't choose you as a driver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:49

I reckon we should just swap over to iRacing with their new driver swap system, we can all afford the bill right?? :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 22:25

We can afford the bill, but not the shame pig
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 23:32

Sven Selbmann wrote:

at least i can comment on that proposed aero package rule by richard wilkes. i have not used telemetry to setup my car because the setup options on the 956 are so limited but i have used low and high downforce package and did not felt any difference what so ever.

Well, carFactory tells a different story, the Le Mans versions of the 956 have almost half the downforce of the hightail sprint ones.
Back to top Go down
Sven Selbmann
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-04

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 1:26

Richard Wilks wrote:
Sven Selbmann wrote:

at least i can comment on that proposed aero package rule by richard wilkes. i have not used telemetry to setup my car because the setup options on the 956 are so limited but i have used low and high downforce package and did not felt any difference what so ever.

Well, carFactory tells a different story, the Le Mans versions of the 956 have almost half the downforce of the hightail sprint ones.

yeah, i am a little rusty on rfactor files but i think the monza upgrade i used on the wec 956 was taking only the graphical body which looked like the le mans version but with the normal physics file. need to check that out tomorrow. little late for more investigations right now.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 1:57

Sven Selbmann wrote:

yeah, i am a little rusty on rfactor files but i think the monza upgrade i used on the wec 956 was taking only the graphical body which looked like the le mans version but with the normal physics file. need to check that out tomorrow. little late for more investigations right now.

Indeed that seems to be the case. WEC cars, even if we pick the low tail, they still remaing with the same physics...now i don't know if this is a bug, or a limitation of rfactor, since i never worked with upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:34

Martin Audran wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:
speaking of server problems,

reason why Timo and I swaped at the race start is becose it turned out that I cant join our car as passanger and Timo was unable to select me as a driver. I picked Timos name on drivers list, but upon hitting "race" I was placed in somebody elses car, I know it was a 956 but dont know which one. Any other driver selected was resulting the same thing, always the same 956.. unfortunately for Timo, I took the start but it turned out he cant rejoin the server any more..

Sadly this is not a problem we can solve ourselves, it must come directly from rFactor. Most of the time this problem will disappear if you shut down rFactor and relaunch it.

This issue appears sometimes when someone else is looking at your car :smil20:

I have no intention of picking whatever here and am just trying to help out in finding reasons why.

That being said, I think the issue Raul and I had in the build-up to the race was already linked to the fact that during the race-session, the server was set to not allow driver swaps. I therefore think we should not face this issue once the server-settings are changed to also allow driver swaps in the race.

Just my 2 cents.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:47

Richard Wilks wrote:
Sven Selbmann wrote:

Indeed that seems to be the case. WEC cars, even if we pick the low tail, they still remaing with the same physics...now i don't know if this is a bug, or a limitation of rfactor, since i never worked with upgrades.

I don't know about the GTPC-mod.

I did some league races with the Japan F3-mod a few months back and in that mod you could change tyre brand through the upgrades. Those cars where about 3% faster on one lap with one brand of tyres compared to the other. So there the upgrade had a clear effect.

I thus don't think it's a rFactor-limitation.

Again, just my 2 cents. I'm in no way an expert in this.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 18:02

Easy, take CART Factor for instance, 4 different chassis configs, and obvious differences in handling and performances between them.

upgrades.ini :
Code:
UpgradeType="Chassis Configuration"
{

Instance="FWING"
  Instance="RWING"

UpgradeLevel="ROAD"
  {
    Description="Aero spec run on road courses"

GEN=<FWING>=REY_FWing_A.gmt
    GEN=<RWING>=REY_RW_A.gmt                    

}

UpgradeLevel="SHORT OVAL"
  {
    Description="Short oval aero configuration"

GEN=<FWING>=REY_FWing_SO_A.gmt
    GEN=<RWING>=REY_RW_SO_A.gmt

HDV=
    HDV=
    HDV=
    HDV=[GENERAL]            
    HDV=CGRightRange=(0.460, 0.002, 11)
    HDV=CGRightSetting=0
    HDV=CGRearSetting=12        
    HDV=FrontTireCompoundSetting=2      
    HDV=RearTireCompoundSetting=2
Back to top Go down
Sven Selbmann
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-04

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:43

JP Campmajo wrote:
Easy, take CART Factor for instance, 4 different chassis configs, and obvious differences in handling and performances between them.

isn't the case with the car i used. 83 wec canon 956. there was only the the change of visuals implemented in the upgrades ini. only physic upgrades i could find in it was the engines. for the monza upgrade i only found .gen entries no .hdv related stuff.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:44

Bummer, i hope they add that to the patch, so that the cosmetic changes are reflected in the physics too.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:40

What about soft or medium tires? Anybody used them? How long did they last?
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:44

Richard Wilks wrote:

I used softs. They last about 30 to 40 laps maybe a little more if your smooth.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015 - 6:33

Richard Wilks wrote:

Raul and my experience was that the mediums offered at least the same amount of grip as the softs, once heated. It took some more time to get heat into them though. And they lasted longer.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7