Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]

Go down 
+29
Yves Plaçais
Daniel Gomez
Richard Wilks
Jan Titz
Jean-Marie Placais
Ben Paulet
finally gone :)
Jean-louis Petillot
Mike Becnel
Vincent Beretta
Steve Parker
Gérard Ryon
Timo Vermeersch
Ricard Suanya
Sven Selbmann
James Knowles
Alessio Campigotto
Austin Johnson
François Remmen
Raul Jereb
Vadim Sadoshenko
Alberto Ibañez
Karel Marciniszyn
Mick Chapman
Carl Larrad
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason White
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:00

==> REPLAY <==

The export doesn't want to work tonight, I don't know why scratch But the xml file is fine so nothing is lost, it's just the report that doesn't work so far.

Fortunately it's a test race because not much went well on the organization side Rolling Eyes Sorry again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:03

Yes that was a fantastic race guy's cheers

Well my day was fun but not that eventful, started 2nd and just watched as Rocky pulled away from the field like he was in a dang jet!

I knew i wasn't going to catch him so i just tried to stay clean and consistent.

I scraped someones door going into turn 1 sorry for that i completely lost sight of you.

I got lucky this one because of Rockys misfortune but hey I'll take it :first:

I dont understand how the Rothmens porsche is so dang fast were you running the Q motor Rocky?

Great race all cant wait for more :yaa:

Thanks HSO for another great one. :chinois:

And thank you Francois the sunset was beutiful. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:10

Wow, Just wow...... What a race

The Mighty Mazda took a right beating, got tangled up with 2 C1's..... No matter these things happen, new mod and all that. First one was heavy, had to make a 672 sec stop to fix the mess, second one was lighter and decided to press on, car became quite a handful in the dark on cold hard tires and with the damage.

But Pushed on and made it home safe. (think I may have been the last man standing in C2 if so Yay :champ:)

I think with some aggressive fuel saving it may have been just possible to do the race on one tank of fuel, The little rotary is excellent on fuel, not sure about the tires mind.

Big thanks to all for this one, looking forward to some more C2 fun soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:19

Well 3 hours was really hard, specially when the night requires even more focus. But it was good fun, and altough it was hard to get out of everybody's way, i still managed to not come last Very Happy

My only serious error happened already during the night, when i made a spin and hit the wall, but thanfully it was only a matter of putting a new bonnet and i didnt lose a place.

Maybe the fuel regulations can get even tighter? That would make those 956s stay in sight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 2:12

Austin Johnson wrote:

I dont understand how the Rothmens porsche is so dang fast were you running the Q motor Rocky?
Yes, I was.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 3:01

Rocky Calabrese wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Yes, I was.

AH OK. That explains alot. Thats kind of ridiculous that the Q motor can run a 3 hour race without exploding! Then why even add the other 2 motors to the mod in the first place when you can just run on the Q motor. Lol
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 3:18

Austin Johnson wrote:
Rocky Calabrese wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Yes, I was.

AH OK. That explains alot. Thats kind of ridiculous that the Q motor can run a 3 hour race without exploding! Then why even add the other 2 motors to the mod in the first place when you can just run on the Q motor. Lol

I agree with that, and we'll have to find a solution before the next race, because the fuel regulation will not be good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 3:32

It seems the Q motor is only affected by heat. During the last stint, I could run boost 5 with no overheating and no extra engine wear. I only had to save a little to go 1 hour on a fuel tank. The difference in fuel economy between the engines is not too much. We may just have to ban the Q motor for races.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 4:04

Yea i noticed the temp outside plays a big part in engine temps. I was running 30% Tape on 5 boost with no over heat during last stint.

Wow really 5 boost on Q motor and can still get good fuel economy....thats just silly.

Martin is it not possible to take upgrades off the menu?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 4:23

Actually, the boost does make more of a difference. Fuel went from 3.3l/lap to 4.05.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 4:31

That's the same as my race motor...lol. Im just saying the the Q motor should burn a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 8:43

I asked before the race started if anyone was still using the qualifying engine for the race .. I would rather have hoped if this had not been just a test race that people would have been sporting enough to change to the 1k engine .... This was just a test race so this is all useful data for us for a future race ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 8:47

That's why I used it, because it was a test race. Must have missed your question.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:17

My highest fuel consumption with the 1000km engine with full boost was 3.5, So I don't know how Austin was using 4 odd litres a lap :hum:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:39

Maybe we should bring this to the atention of the VLM guys?

Also, 3 hours is not even a 1000kms race, so i guess unless the damage is multiplied, we won't see many breakdowns, altough i think indeed the qualy engine should last a lot less than that.

Another form of limiting the porsches performance, is force them to run the 24 hours engine, and to run the "wrong" body, such as, you race the low drag body in high downforce tracks, and the high drag on low downforce ones.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 12:13

I doubt the engine will get damaged at all, You shouldn't be able to go from 5th to 3rd make it bounce off the limiter and the engine not receive 1% of damage. But I'm assuming that's the way the mod physics are, You can use qualifying engines and you can abuse the engines.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 12:22

Well, knowing the VLM team, i am sure they will change that in the subsequent patch.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 17:10

==> RESULTS <==
==> REPLAY <==

Back to top Go down
Marcelo Aiello
Club Driver
Marcelo Aiello

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 18:57

Fantastic race Laughing
VERY FUNNY ME ALL 3 HS, but my Lancia was very slow and risk only one fuel stop .
Excellent organization , thanks and see us!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freddy Stapersma
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-02

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:00

Richard Wilks wrote:
Well, knowing the VLM team, i am sure they will change that in the subsequent patch.
the quali engine bug is taken out thnx. Smile

still there was already a big difference.
race = 46 l/100km
qual = 57 l/100km
with same boost level.

but really Smoothness saves fuel. so really would like to see a video online of this race so we can see Smile

Last edited by Freddy Stapersma on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:03

Carl wrote:
Cruelly Gerard ran out of fuel on the last lap so i was gifted 8th place ..
:doh: Erreur de calcul de litre par tour. :grrr:
Deux erreurs pendant la course,un contact avec Steve,en début de course.Sorry Steve, if I am the your abandonment.Puis avec Dave,un sérieux choc,qui la envoyé dans le rail,j'étais mal Embarassed Soulagé de le voir terminé la course,après une grosse réparation.
J'ai rouler a l'historic,boite en H  :conduit: qui encore?
Bravo Austin,Dave et a tous les participants.
Merçi Martin pour cette HSO Open Events.
Back to top Go down
Sven Selbmann
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-04

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 19:09

i am sorry guys. i was so gutted and embarrassed last night i could not even post a comment on my stupidity. i just mixed up the start time of the race with the start time of the qualifyings. geez, i was so eager to race all week and then i mess up like that. i was even looking at the first post multiple times over the week just to memorize the rules. i was even wondering why the warmup was 3hrs(obviously it was just two).

at least i can comment on that proposed aero package rule by richard wilkes. i have not used telemetry to setup my car because the setup options on the 956 are so limited but i have used low and high downforce package and did not felt any difference what so ever.

Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:19

Rocky Calabrese wrote:
That's why I used it, because it was a test race. Must have missed your question.
No problem Rocky I'm glad you tried it . What i really meant was
it has given us some useful data for next time .. Wink

I Don't think anyone would have expected a qualifying engine to last that long affraid
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:09

speaking of server problems,

reason why Timo and I swaped at the race start is becose it turned out that I cant join our car as passanger and Timo was unable to select me as a driver. I picked Timos name on drivers list, but upon hitting "race" I was placed in somebody elses car, I know it was a 956 but dont know which one. Any other driver selected was resulting the same thing, always the same 956.. unfortunately for Timo, I took the start but it turned out he cant rejoin the server any more..

im writing this just that you can take it in server issues list, for the next race..

otherwise, great event, great race, too bad I had some contacts, some wall kissing, we could finnish somewhere arround 6/7 pos without this time lost for reapiring the car...

And huge thanks to Timo being moral and psichycal suport during romantic Sebring sunset. You cant buy that with your MC...

looking forward to new GTPC race, and just one suggestion, maybe day or two before a "real" race, we should try a test race, or races (10-20laps) just to try all swaps, rejoins and stuff and prove those working corectly.

best regards to all!

Sitting Ducks
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:16

Yeah there were some issues with the driver swaps which have been looked into. As for a practice race, there is no need as when the server is up you can practice driver swaps all you want :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next