Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]

Go down 
+6
James Knowles
Austin Johnson
Alberto Ibañez
Alessio Campigotto
Leo Menegucci
Mike Becnel
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Empty
PostSubject: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2013 - 20:05

1974 SCCA Open Event December 28th

HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Aerialsebring

To put all your winter testing to good use we will have a 30 minute timed open race at the 1974 SCCA Winter Test Track : the Sebring International Raceway. SCCA cars will use the Panoz layout of the classic Florida circuit. You must use the car you booked in the main SCCA series thread.

Mod

For this series we will use a specially made HSO add-on to the 1.95 version of the Historic GT&TC mod by the HistoriX mod team. Thanks again to Alberto Ibanez who created the HSO add-on :chinois:.

--> DOWNLOAD MOD part 1<--
--> DOWNLOAD MOD part 2<--
--> PATCH 1.95 <--
--> HSO 1974 IMSA-SCCA ADD-ON (updated 12-26-2013) <--

If you already have a standard HGT 1.95 installation you only need to download the HSO add-on. It will only add a carset to your installation and will not give you mismatches if you race elsewhere with the standard HGT 1.95 mod.

Car Selection

The field is divided in two performance classes for sedans, for a total of 11 different cars :

A-Sedans : AMC Javelin, Chevrolet Camaro Z28, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Plymouth Barracuda, Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am
B-Sedans : ALFA-Romeo 2000 GTAm, BMW 2800 CS, BMW 2002 Ti, Ford Capri RS 2600, Porsche 914/6 GT

The two classes will run concurrently in all of the SCCA races, therefore each driver is limited to one car for the season.

Race Results

I will post a results link that will show all the usual stats and results inside this forum topic after the race.

Race Schedule

All times CST US time.

18:00 – Qualifying
19:00 – Warm-up and drivers’ briefing
19:10 – Race start (30 minutes)

Race server password : hso74

Starts will be given standing on the grid, after going through the race start process. Note, you will have 5 minutes to leave the pits then 2 minutes to join the grid. Race will start after the final 2 minute countdown. It is recommended you map the ignition and starter button in game.

Training Server

A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently. Password : hso74

Behaviour on track

A few behaviour rules :

- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.

- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.

- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.

Application and Interpretation of the Regulations

HSO admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Thu 26 Dec 2013 - 23:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2013 - 20:06

Note that those not running in SCCA can run in this event, just mention so here with your desired car and I will make a one race reservation for you. I will note the reservation on the SCCA entry list to keep it all sorted.
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2013 - 23:30

Cool!  :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeTue 17 Dec 2013 - 20:25

Mike Becnel wrote:
Note that those not running in SCCA can run in this event, just mention so here with your desired car and I will make a one race reservation for you. I will note the reservation on the SCCA entry list to keep it all sorted.

Could I pick up the #8 Firebird for this race?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeTue 17 Dec 2013 - 21:51

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:

Could I pick up the #8 Firebird for this race?

Yessir, will add a note to the car on other topic.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 21 Dec 2013 - 10:09

Saturday night is OK for me, but I usually have a dinner with workmates around the 28th  :doh: 

If it gets another data, I'll be there for the race  :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 21 Dec 2013 - 11:05

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeTue 24 Dec 2013 - 23:53

Thanks for the PM Mike.....

#66 Alfa Jaeger please   Very Happy 

No sense in splitting marque loyalties between HSO and HSO-A

OOPS disregard-meant to book for SCCA championship.

Have commitments 12-28
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeThu 26 Dec 2013 - 23:43

Note the SCCA Add-on was patched. Please reinstall if you have a version downloaded before 12-26-2013.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 11:05

OK, so that will be 3 AM CET (Madrid, Paris) the Qualy for us here, and 4 AM the race if I got it right thanks to the "world clock" on the other thread. Well, if I'm awake and sober I'll be there  :D 
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 20:54

For some reason I am only able to select from B sedan BMW 2800 Css when I hope on the server..

I'll bet that patch has messed up my install and I need to start over....
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:42

James Knowles wrote:
For some reason I am only able to select from B sedan BMW 2800 Css when I hope on the server..

Make sure you have the IMSA SCCA mod selected in your rFactor main screen before joining the server. This may be why you see different cars.

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
OK, so that will be 3 AM CET (Madrid, Paris) the Qualy for us here, and 4 AM the race if I got it right thanks to the "world clock" on the other thread. Well, if I'm awake and sober I'll be there  :D 

You're in an American car, drunk is OK and possibly historically accurate depending on the driver  lol! 
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:46

Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:

Make sure you have the IMSA SCCA mod selected in your rFactor main screen before joining the server. This may be why you see different cars.

I have IMSA SCCA selected and only BMW 2800s are coming up.

Lemme see if I can sort this out....damn...
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:49

Mike Becnel wrote:
You're in an American car, drunk is OK and possibly historically accurate depending on the driver lol!

lol! Yeah well Alberto's avatar is Al Junior, who has his fair share of drunk driving (and wife beating  Rolling Eyes ) stories if memory serves  :D
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:51

Wrong, it's Rick Mears :jp: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I caught Frank  :D :D :D :D :D :D 

But Rick also has had his fair share of bottle  :hum: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:51

James Knowles wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:

James please make sure you copied it all in after reinstalling. I am testing it again to make sure I did not hose the links.

Edit: Just checked the patch, it is correct. James go one level into the folders and copy the Game Data and RFM folders directly into your install for HGT 1.95.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 21:52

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Wrong, it's Rick Mears :jp: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I caught Frank  :D :D :D :D :D :D 

But Rick also has had his fair share of bottle  :hum: 

:doh: lol! :clap: 
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSat 28 Dec 2013 - 22:54

Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
James Knowles wrote:

James please make sure you copied it all in after reinstalling. I am testing it again to make sure I did not hose the links.

Edit: Just checked the patch, it is correct. James go one level into the folders and copy the Game Data and RFM folders directly into your install for HGT 1.95.

Thanks Mike-I bit the bullet and am doing a fresh install-hope to make it tonight...
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 0:11

Capri #118 !  :banane: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 0:21

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Capri #118 !  :banane: 
Confirmed
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 1:00

Qualifying has started.
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 1:13

i cant see a thread where u book the cars

maybe u mean the official car booking for the whole season ill ahve alook
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 1:22

Jens Kraft wrote:
i cant see a thread where u book the cars

maybe u mean the official car booking for the whole season ill ahve alook

Correct
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 2:56

Got everything downloaded, but was having a great time with the kids, and just didn't feel like calling it quits for racing at Sebring....

Hope you guys had fun...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 3:14

Damn what happened, it's 3AM here I have woken up and nobody is on the server, now I see in this thread the race is over one hour ago. How could I have gotten the time so wrong????  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]   HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO-A Open Event - SCCA Sebring Panoz [December 28th]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next