Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Talladega RC

Go down 
+30
Michael Ryon
Franck Mercurio
Bernard Jeanmart
Ben Paulet
Jean-François Bovy
Patrice Gibelin
Bartosz Antoszczyszyn
Jukka Närhi
Philippe Martinelli
Greg Hunt
Gérard Ryon
Jean-louis Petillot
Oscar Maia
Franck Tripey
Tiago Malafaya
Carlo Pozzi
Pierre Pfleger
Kris Migut
Carl Larrad
Matias Estrela
David Oliveira
Thomas Cazorla
Honza Mild
finally gone :)
JB Massida
Yves Plaçais
Ludovic Tiengou
Patrick Marucco
Abat Hernaez
Guillaume Siebert
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
David Oliveira
Rookie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 20:52

Well, i think this was a very nice challenge and i loved to race here, but unfortunately, i crashed on the killer tires with a stupid mistake, well can't do noghing now...i was on 4th place, nice enought for a newbiew, with no driving aids and 5th speed manua lgerarbox and cluth pedal.

But i have one thing to say here, sorry if all of you are not in the same way to think like me but for me this isn't fare!
I think there must be more restricted rules on the layout of the trakcs, because here in Talladega people was running through th s/f line on the qualify to make batter times ans cutting the 2nd chicane of tires, in qualify and in race!! For me, as a real lover of racing cars, simulation games and a real lover of driving, for me, it just not fare for me and other "clean" or more "serious" racers here this things to happen, because one guy, struggles to the max hir machne, to make a good time, and the next lap is there other guy, cutting some parts of the tracks, beating up our times like their running without any effort!!!

Sorry guys, dont get me wrong please but i'm just saying what is in my mind.. and trying to expose my idelas of a fare and clean race...

My english is not quite good too so if i misenderstood some word or expression please here i'm not arghing to anyone or trying to be disrespectfull on my thoughts.

Hope everyone had a good race and see you in the asphalt next time!

:conduit:

PS: I don't know how to speak french so please if anyone wants to say some response to me, please i ask you please to tell it in english
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:07

un peu trop cogité avec des qualifs "spéciales" et une chicane bien permissive (et sur la conso aussi)
bon début de course malgré tout, départ propre, j'évite Ludo-la-torpille sans rien faire, je tiens presque le groupe de tête, mais ça va trop vite pour moi (et j'coupe pas la chicane) et j'me retrouve vite seul, je gagne 2 places après les incidents de David et Greg au V1, j'suis 4ième, puis je me rate au même endroit (comme pour faire un bon temps de qualif) je me retrouve derrière le rail, et pas très envie de continuer ce soir après tout ça, c'est rare... 'faudra faire revenir le vendeur de pneus en béton pour un supplément l'an prochain...

pour résumer ma pensée concernant la chicane et le V1 aux qualifs, je suis tout à fait d'accord avec David juste au-dessus et c'est bien dommage de se pousser à bien rouler pour améliorer ses temps s'il suffit de couper ou d'aller s'exploser volontairement pour 7 dixièmes...

to say my thoughts about the chicane and the V1 in qualifying, i totally agree with David just above and it's sad to try to drive better if it's so easy to cut or to have totallly unrealistic driving to gain an half second...

vivement la prochaine course pour oublier :D

Last edited by Jean-François Bovy on Wed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Mickael Forestier
Experienced Driver
Mickael Forestier

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:07

ouaip be moi aussi j'ai fais les frais de celui (je sais pas qui) qui est revenu sur la piste et que j'ai pas pu eviter, resultat passage au stand donc course ruinée, mais c'est pas grave, juste dommage qu'on revienne sur la piste n'importe comment alors que d'autres arrivent "propre"...
Back to top Go down
JB Massida
Pro Driver
JB Massida

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:15

Au passage j'avais vue sur le bureau alors que j'étais en pleine chicane je sais que j 'ai pas touché de pneus mais je sais absolument pas où je me suis arrêté j'espère que c'était sur une partie en herbe, j'avais juste le son et pas de FFB... J'espère que j'ai gêné personne...
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:17

Well cutting the chicane to make a qualy time is absolutely forbidden of course and will be punished if it happened.

The s/f line matter was partly our fault, we should have seen that and corrected it before launching training. However, it was of course OK to sacrify a lap in qualy, i.e. not brake at the s/f line but of course this means you had to press "esc" after having done so - no way you could keep on straight on the banking to continue your qualifying session normally. We'll look into the replays. I also saw things I didn't like in the race... And the chatting during qualy was just outrageous.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
David Oliveira
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:20

I Admmit i talked a looott really in the qualify session! But i talked because i see that it not fair what i see(the 3 first cars in qualify cutted the S/F line without braking and i think 1 or 2 cutted the 2nd chicane)...one more time i want to apologise for my errors
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:33

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Jean-louis Petillot wrote:
merci à ceux qui pense que la course se joue au premier virage !!!

course ruiné !!

je pars 15 jours aux Seychelles
donc ça va me calmer !!!!!

Je comprend que tu sois énervé, Frank a été bien trop impatient. Par contre tu n'avais pas à revenir sur la piste alors qu'il y avait un peloton de furieux qui arrivait, je crois que Patrice en a fait les frais et dois être autant dégouté que toi en ce moment.
What happened in T1 was my fault. I wasn't alert enough and rear-ended Jean-Louis under braking. I'm most terribly sorry, that shouldn't have happened Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:44

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
What happened in T1 was my fault. I wasn't alert enough and rear-ended Jean-Louis under braking. I'm most terribly sorry, that shouldn't have happened Embarassed

Oops sorry Franky I thought it was you. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:46

=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:48

Bien, bah je suis content, j'ai joué le jeu et j'ai pas perdu Laughing
Qualifs très loin, rien pigé Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 822172 Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 822172

Départ, j'évite de justesse une capri je crois qui repars dans le V1, derrière mon poursuivant (Mickaël) s'empale dans celle ci..
S'en suit une course d'attente, je tourne régulièrement en 2.13, puis 2.12 (comment vous faites 2.08?) puis de poursuite sur Kris qui restera une bonne partie de la course à 2-3s devant Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 12028
Final sympa avec Ben, on part à tour de rôle à la faute et on s'échange donc à plusieurs reprises la 9e place (je fais ma seule et unique coupure de chicane dans la bagarre, mais au lieu de gagner une place j'en ai perdu une Laughing ).

Arrive le dog-leg dans le dernier tour, je prends l'aspi et fait l'exter, mais comme je joue le jeu jusqu'au bout je freine pour pas partir tout droit au T1 et perds donc la 9e place lol!
Bon, pas grave, j'ai cru un moment qu'il restait encore un tour (je ne sais jamais trop sur RF, c'est différent de nr2003 le comptage des tours).

Bref, 10e au général et 5e GTU, c'est pas mal vu la difficulté que représentait cette chicane, à chaque entrée je me demandais si ça allait passer. Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 796675

Bravo Yves, belle victoire, ça fait du bien du changement un peu. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:56

Standings are updated on the site.

:frank:
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 21:56

Plutôt satisfait de mon setup sur celle-la, un daytona retouché, mais a vide ma voiture était moins facile qu'avec le plein scratch

Qualif moyenne donc, mais j'espérais avoir un rythme correct en course!

Après les huit premiers tours assez sympa, le trafic s'allégeant, je jette un oeil aux signe vitaux de ma voiture, et là pale , la santé moteur descend a vue d'oeil, je suis déjà a moins de 50%, impossible de finir la course si je continue a ce rythme!

Une première pour moi, j'ai baissé mes tours moteur et espéré que ça tienne!

A 10 tours de l'arrivée, mon coéquipier Kris revenant comme un obus, j'ai remis du charbon (bizarrement la santé moteur semblait descendre beaucoup moins vite qu'en début de course) pour finir au rupteur sur les derniers tours, sa a tenu, j'avais même de la marge
Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 T-GRAB_0014cbf53a00006ab67

J'ai pas fait de grosse erreur sur celle-ci, mais j'ai eu pas mal de chance dans le trafic (enfin les accidents lol! ) et j'ai réussi a esquiver tout les problèmes, même une attaque dans la chicane affraid

Je signe ici mon premier podium :second: Je suis TROP CONTENT!!!!!!!!! :banane: :banane: :banane:

Bravo a tous, merci HSO pour le super boulot :top:

Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:00

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Oops sorry Franky I thought it was you. Embarassed

NP :D . I did attack Jean-Louis before turn 1 though, as I had a better momentum then him, but he shut the door on me and there was a contact indeed but not to the point of ending his race from my point of view so I was a bit surprised when I first read your post :D .

However I definitely ruined Matias' race and I'm truly sorry for it... It rear-ended him in the first lap... I did wait for him and we rejoined last but he lost it entering the chicane a few seconds later and I got caught between him and the wall and we both suffered heavy damages... Sorry Matias that was an awful first lap Sad ...

Another nightmare race for me. After the collisions with Matias I lost a lap in the pits, and then more time when Grégoire spun in front of me and collected me. I could only pick up places with retirements, lot of them happened but most of them in the GTO class. Ending up 7th is OK considering how the race started for me, even more as Ben only took 4th place :jp: !

Grats Yves for the first BMW GTO win of the year ! Well done Jukka for the GTU win :clap: !
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:07

While the result is great, of course, the victory itself wasn't a particularly rewarding one this time. I inherited the lead only because Matias had retired and the two Capris in front of me took themselves out in the chicane at the same time. Without all the things that happened to other people I probably would've been third or fourth at best, definitely not higher than that.
Back to top Go down
Kris Migut
Rookie
Kris Migut

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:08

That was a nice race. I admit I did not brake before the s/f line in Qualifying, but since no official statement had been issued before the race, I just assumed it was allowed to do so. Didn't cut the chicane, though Smile.

The race itself started OK, there were some crashes at the front, so I gained a few places. I had a big moment when Jukka was overtaking me, we were going 2W into the first corner, I was on the inside, and was trying to do a criss-cross, but I carried a bit too much speed into the corner, went wide, and we touched. Fortunately, Juha continued without any problems, but I span and just stood there in the middle of the corner, with other cars coming towards me; I couldn't see them clearly, and was unsure which way to go, so I was motionless trying to determine which way they'd be passing me Smile. Luckily soon a gap opened and I was able to reverse and carry on, losing only a couple of spots, but otherwise unharmed. Again, thanks to people crashing out I started to gain positions, not the best way to advance, but what can you do. I had a nice fight with Thomas, we were going 2W towards the chicane of death, and I won the who-will-brake-later game Smile. Overtaking Thomas was one thing, actually building a gap and pulling away yet another...Thomas was holding on to my tail, and I wasn't able to shake him off Smile, so most of the race we were following one another, me about 2.5s ahead, but the time difference was fluctuating all the time Smile, I seem to have been a tad quicker in the road section, Thomas in turn mastered the oval entry much better, he made up about 0.7s there - I was afraid he'd get a draft on me and overtake Smile, so I had to be on my toes all the time, I knew a small mistake on my part would be enough for him.

After about 22 laps Ben Paulet, who'd been running in front, had some problem at the chicane and Thomas and I got close and overtook him, but he wasn't giving up that easily, actually it was Thomas who had his hands full, whereas I could enjoy a relatively trouble-free run, except when a car which was a lap down and in front of me crashed heavily in front of my very nose affraid - I thought it was all over for me, too Smile. Two laps from the end Ben Paulet, who by the time had passed Thomas, was closing in on me, but went a bit wide in turn one - and I knew I was safe, well, unless I crashed into the tyres of doom, that is Smile. But I didn't and brought the third place home. Behind me Thomas and Ben were again fighting tooth and nail, I was secretly hoping for Thomas to come out victorous, Razz and so he did. :clap:.

thank you, and see you at Pocono.

Franck Mercurio - yes, I could see that your advantage started to diminish, but I thought you were playing it safe, ready to push harder if I got closer - had I known about your engine issue, I would probably have tried harder to catch you - and ended up on the tires in the process anyway Smile. Congratulations, you had a great pace.

Last edited by Kris Migut on Wed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:11

Kris Migut wrote:
Behind me Thomas and Ben were again fighting tooth and nail, I was secretly hoping for Thomas to come out victorous, Razz and so he did. :clap:.

No he did not Laughing , Ben beat him by 4/100th of a second it seems Shocked ! I bet none of them braked at the s/f line on the last lap :D !
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:15

Very pleased with 2nd :second: , it was an amazing race!!
Did a good 2nd qualy time, got a decent start and followed Yves for the first laps until he spun and i took the lead.
Then it started a fantastic battle with him, he was 1s faster than me on pure speed, but i managed to keep him behind for a lot of laps, until he passed and inevitably pulled away.
In the last 5-6 laps the gap went down from 12s to 5s because he made some mistakes and i pushed very hard indeed, but i couldn't really catch him, big congrats for your first win in HSO!!
Grats Jukka for winning in GTU and see you next time!!
Back to top Go down
Kris Migut
Rookie
Kris Migut

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:20

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Kris Migut wrote:
Behind me Thomas and Ben were again fighting tooth and nail, I was secretly hoping for Thomas to come out victorous, Razz and so he did. :clap:.

No he did not Laughing , Ben beat him by 4/100th of a second it seems Shocked ! I bet none of them braked at the s/f line on the last lap :D !

Heh, I didn't see that, then Smile. Congrats to Ben, then :top: . Don't think I bear a grudge against you, or anything like that, by wishing Thomas the win - we simply ran close to each other at Daytona, Sonoma and now so for me he's like a teammate now ;-)
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:21

Frank Verplanken wrote:

Another nightmare race for me. After the collisions with Matias I lost a lap in the pits, and then more time when Grégoire spun in front of me and collected me.

vraiment désolé Franck apres mon petit tout droit au turn 1 je checkais mes datas pour verifier que je n avais rien et j ai enclenché la 1ere au lieu de la 2nd ce qui a bloqué mon train arriere et entrainer direct mon spin sous ton nez j espere que ta Capri n a pas trop souffert de ce petit contact pale pale
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:23

Frank Verplanken wrote:
I bet none of them braked at the s/f line on the last lap Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 788525 !

You won, I'm the brakeman. 4/100th groupphhhh Laughing

This crap remember me an other s/f line: Trois-Rivières Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 813589

Kris Migut wrote:

Heh, I didn't see that, then Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 420535. Congrats to Ben, then Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 652294 . Don't think I bear a grudge against you, or anything like that, by wishing Thomas the win - we simply ran close to each other at Daytona, Sonoma and now so for me he's like a teammate now ;-)

Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 223137 It's a shared pleasure again, strongly the next race Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 226356

Last edited by Thomas Cazorla on Wed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mickael Forestier
Experienced Driver
Mickael Forestier

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:24

apres visionage de l'incident du 1er virage, c'est Jean Louis qui se fait harponner par Jukka qui je pense se rate au freinage, et Jean Louis se remet sur la piste, Thomas l'évite je ne sais comment et moi je me le paye en pleine poire....

attention donc quand on se remet sur la piste on attend que les autres passent et apres on rentre...

after watching the replay, Jean louis gets hit by Jukka (maybe miss his brake...) , Jean louis gets back on the track, Thomas manages no to hit him but i don't, next time be careful when you get back on track....
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:27

No problemo Grégoire Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:33

For me that was the most boring race ever the only excitement for me was overtaking cars that had spun ....
It Looked a great race between Carlo and Yves ... :yaa:

I Think i had 5 laps practice before the start so was not expecting a lot from the race
but im very Happy to have finish 11th overall and 6 points in GTU ....

Big congrats to Yves for the race win :champ: and to Jukka for the GTU win ... :drink:
Well done to everyone that finished the race :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
David Oliveira
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:36

The Race and qualify times of the people that cheated on the track will be there for the statistics of Hotlaps and for the competition??
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010 - 22:39

un depart normal pour moi , je conserve ma 3eme place , puis sur l ovale je me fais déposer par les 2 BMW une a l interieur l autre a l exterieur :clap: :clap: juste avant le freinage de la chicane ... dans le 2eme tour je sors un peu large dans le turn 1 , je perds 4 place , 200 metre plus loin un deuxieme spin completement stupide ( desole encore Franck... ) a partir de la , je m engeule car je n etais pas concentré lol! je me reconcentre et décide de tout donner pour remonter dans le classement ... je double jf Bovy , Gerard et Ludovic ( belle bagarre avec ses 3 d ailleurs tres correct Wink ) je me retrouve donc 4 eme et la JB sort de la piste ... je suis 3 eme , pendant un temps j ai essayé d aller chercher les 2 premiers mais j ai du me rendre a l'évidence avec la porsche cela était completement impossible , le reste de ma course a était assez ennuyeux... je finis donc 3 eme la meilleure place qu une porsche pouvait obtenir sur ce circuit , je suis donc satisfait de ce résultat , merci Ludo pour ton set :hello:

:third: :third: :third: :third: :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Talladega RC   Round 10 - Talladega RC - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Talladega RC
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next