Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multiple Rfactor Lite installs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Empty
PostSubject: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 8:23

I Have just rebuilt my PC and really pleased with how smooth it all went i have rfactor installed
on my New C:Drive but was wondering if it would be better to add a 2nd D:Drive
and add /run all my games from there ......

Ive noticed that many people run Multiple installs of Rfactor Lite dedicated to which ever mod
they are running online does this improve fps and load times greatly .....

Does Rfactor have to be installed on the same drive as windows is installed ....... :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 8:45

No rFactor or any other software doesnt need to be install on the same drive than Windows and its better not to do so. Install Windows on C:, and put all your data, games ... on another drive so that when you have to reinstall Windows and format C:, you wont lose everything else in the process. Wink

I personnaly use multiple rF installs because want to use different settings for several mods. I have a CART Factor install (because I use realfeel plugin with it, as well as autoblip and autolift settings I dont want to use with other mods), a Historic GT install (because of realfeel again, and of the special UI too), a WSC 1970 install ( because of LeoFFB plugin with this mod), an install dedicated to tests, and one last with F1 1979, Touring Car Legends, BMW Procar, AMM, V8 Supercars, Endurance Series and Gasoline Alley. I also install all my tracks in this install, and share them with all my other installs.

Running multiple installs doesnt improve fps, but the game loading time.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 9:01

THX Gui thats what i thought how easy is it to share the tracks between all your installs ..... Wink

Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 9:05

config.ini in your rFactor folder
search the line with TracksDir and change the path to your track directory. For example, mine is TracksDir=E:\JEUX\RFACTOR CIRCUITS\
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 10:07

JP Campmajo wrote:
config.ini in your rFactor folder
search the line with TracksDir and change the path to your track directory. For example, mine is TracksDir=E:\JEUX\RFACTOR CIRCUITS\

Attention, cela ne marche pas pour certains mods (je ne me souviens plus lequel d'ailleurs, mais ça m'est arrivé, assez inexplicablement md'ailleurs !) où il faut tout de même avoir le circuit dans le répertoire du rfactor en question.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 13:12

OK Silly Question

If i install all my games on the D:Drive and i decide to uprade Windows to Windows 7 on my C:drive
will my games still work on the D:drive ..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Rfactor Lite installs   Multiple Rfactor Lite installs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multiple Rfactor Lite installs
Page 1 of 1