Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

novice question about open races

Go down 
+7
Antoine de Mautor
Julien Lafon
Ludovic Tiengou
Berkem Ceylan
Guillaume Siebert
Frank Verplanken
Karel Marciniszyn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

novice question about open races Empty
PostSubject: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 10:31

Hi everybody...I am sorry to start new thread because maybe all of you here knows how it goes...but I am very curious about what will be the next open event...when I looked into history of these events every single race was wonderful idea...so..is it public what will be the next open event? Or is there any poll or something? thank you in advance for answer...I am sure, that future races will be great event no matter who choose it! Wink

PS: what about Bathurst 500 with TCL??? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:09

We have a few plans for the next Open race, yes Smile . The thing is it's a lot of work for just one race, so we can't do one as often as we would like because we already have all the championships to look after. But I think it's safe to say we'll do one every two months or so.

An Open race that will be back for sure is the 1960 Indy 500 we had last year with the Gasoline Alley mod. But before that one we'll have another one, probably another CART race but with the 1994 cars.

TCL is a very good mod for an Open race as it really has a full field of Group A cars for a given year. Which is not the case for HGTTC for instance. But the downpoint with TCL is the bugs that occure when you mix certain cars together, without anyone really knowing which cars not to mix up lol . We had thought about a Bathurst 1000 or a Macao GP with TCL, but anyway that won't happen before a while I guess.

We also plan to do another enduro race with the WSC cars.

I hope this answers your questions Karel Wink .

:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:12

Ohw, and hopefully one day we'll do an Open with the Melkus' brothers single-seaters on the old Sachsenring, Nepliget Park or Brno Very Happy Wink !
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:13

HSO is not a democracy, we propose, you accept :D
Just kidding, of course you can suggest races, but most of the time, people doesn't propose real races, only a mod and a track they like, no matter if such a race really happened in the past or not.

Bathurst is an awesome race, but it is a 1000km race, not 500 Wink
The problem for this race is the mod, TCL is well known for being unstable when many cars are on track. We would have to do some testing before organizing it. I'd love to run it with the V8Factor 2006 mod, but my admin mates consider it too recent for HSO ^^

The 1960 Indy 500 will be rerun this year, and the next open event will be announced this week Smile

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:14

:bangry:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:16

:D You slow you lol!
Back to top Go down
Berkem Ceylan
Club Driver
Berkem Ceylan

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:22

Another enduro with WSC would be great and it's nice to hear about Indy aswell :clap:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 12:51

That's not really the good place but...

Three championship (Interserie, CFC and Procar) will stop in May. Will they be replaced? and by what? Well one should be the F5000 secret :D one. But what about the other two? any idea or secret or still unknown?
Back to top Go down
Julien Lafon
Pro Driver
Julien Lafon

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:16

Et une coupe R8 gordini? bounce

C'est vrai on aura déjà fait un tour des circuits français. :doh:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:18

Berkem Ceylan wrote:
Another enduro with WSC would be great and it's nice to hear about Indy aswell :clap:

Planned, but only once the Interserie is finished Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:23

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
That's not really the good place but...

Three championship (Interserie, CFC and Procar) will stop in May. Will they be replaced? and by what? Well one should be the F5000 secret :D one. But what about the other two? any idea or secret or still unknown?

F5000 for sure if it's ready . Then probably something with TCL again ( BTCC, ATCC, or maybe DTM again ). I dont know yet if we'll do something with the Historic GT mod again, it's hard to find something new and accurate to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Berkem Ceylan
Club Driver
Berkem Ceylan

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:28

Have you ever considered oval racing ? Aero88 would be pretty nice :D
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:31

Yeah but there aren't much people owning/interested in NR2003 anymore unfortunately Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:34

Haha Berkem that was one of my initial projects when we started HSO, the 1970 USAC Stock Car with the GN70 cars @ NR2K3 ! I went for the USAC championship as the schedule was so much lighter, the 1970 NASCAR GN was like 60 races lol . A full championship is not likely to happen with the NASCAR cars of NR2K3 and I'm afraid we would have trouble to fill a grid even for just an Open race Sad . I also had considered using the Aero88 or the 1982 Cup cars, and there even was a project of 1967 USRRC with the AD67 cars :D . But we'll most likely stick to the IMSA series as far as NR2K3 is concerned Wink .
Back to top Go down
Berkem Ceylan
Club Driver
Berkem Ceylan

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 13:44

I used to drive Aero88 and GN70 a lot and both should be considered as great options when we would run out of options but It I guess they will not be.
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 14:24

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Ohw, and hopefully one day we'll do an Open with the Melkus' brothers single-seaters on the old Sachsenring, Nepliget Park or Brno Very Happy Wink !

give me few rfactor modders and we can try Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 14:26

Frank Verplanken wrote:
We have a few plans for the next Open race, yes Smile . The thing is it's a lot of work for just one race, so we can't do one as often as we would like because we already have all the championships to look after. But I think it's safe to say we'll do one every two months or so.

An Open race that will be back for sure is the 1960 Indy 500 we had last year with the Gasoline Alley mod. But before that one we'll have another one, probably another CART race but with the 1994 cars.

TCL is a very good mod for an Open race as it really has a full field of Group A cars for a given year. Which is not the case for HGTTC for instance. But the downpoint with TCL is the bugs that occure when you mix certain cars together, without anyone really knowing which cars not to mix up lol . We had thought about a Bathurst 1000 or a Macao GP with TCL, but anyway that won't happen before a while I guess.

We also plan to do another enduro race with the WSC cars.

I hope this answers your questions Karel Wink .

:frank:

Indy 500....ooooh...GREAT...man don´t have much second chances in the whole live Smile and I´ve got!
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:04

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I dont know yet if we'll do something with the Historic GT mod again, it's hard to find something new and accurate to do with it.

What would be cool with the 76-cars is doing an IMSA GT Challenge. In 74 the main competition was between RSR's and Corvette's. Both cars are in there. The main car that would be missing, is the Camaro and maybe a lone 240 Z. But it would be cool to do that.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:53

Yes IMSA has very cool schedule and cars, but races are way too long for a full championship, always more than 2 hours, sometimes 6 hours. And the mod is completly unsuitable for endurance races, engine reliability, fuel consumption and tyres durability are completly off.
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 18:32

A true Indy 60 track anyone ? :hihi:

novice question about open races Grab042.th
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 18:35

That would be sweet, yes Smile . Tu as fais quoi dessus ? Hormis le décor y'avait l'histoire de l'apron aussi, il n'y avait pas la bande de gazon entre la piste et la voie de pit in/out. Je dis ça, je dis rien :D Wink .
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 18:45

Frank Verplanken wrote:
y'avait l'histoire de l'apron aussi, il n'y avait pas la bande de gazon entre la piste et la voie de pit in/out. Je dis ça, je dis rien :D Wink .

C'est fait. Ca doit se voir vaguement sur l'image, j'ai viré la voie de décélération. J'ai réalisé qu'en fait, en 60 la piste n'était pas plus large que dans les années 2000, c'est un peu après que l'apron a dû être élargi.
J'ai remappé le tracé, enlevé quelques grillages, refait la pitlane.

Il faut juste que je voie quelle tronche a le brickyard cette année là, c'est difficile à voir avec la vidéo qui traine sur youtube, et changer des textures qui sont pas terribles.

Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 20:17

What an awesome video its actually more exciting
to watch than being in the Race Thx for sharing Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010 - 13:21

Et un open avec la panthera, et d'autres voitures de même niveau??? ça me fait rêver :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: novice question about open races   novice question about open races Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

novice question about open races
Page 1 of 1