Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any other league races this Sunday?

Go down 
+4
Guillaume Siebert
Alberto Ibañez
Alessio Campigotto
Mike Becnel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Any other league races this Sunday? Empty
PostSubject: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 2:32

Any non HSO races this weekend worth mentioning (that are open to others)? No F1 or Group C race this weekend so I'm looking around a little.

Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 2:44

You could try Race2Play, one off-events with relatively talented drivers.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 2:52

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
relatively talented drivers.

That disqualifies me Very Happy

I will have a look...

$%^& Road America race in 7 minutes...and I looooove that series. Missed it by that much...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 10:01

Since the training servers are up constantly I think those of us who do not participate in the official sunday race could gather at one of them (BTCC or DRP) and do a fun race ourselves. The server goes automatically through training, qualy, warmup and race as soon as the first player joins, so if we arrange a timeline that suits most we could have a bit of door-banging Smile

I just hope the default race length in the server is not too short scratch
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:37

We can definately set up a fun race this sunday if you guys want it Wink There's no open event this weekend because I thought you guys could use a break for time to time :D

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:14

Mike Becnel wrote:
relatively talented drivers.

That disqualifies me Very Happy

I will have a look...

$%^& Road America race in 7 minutes...and I looooove that series. Missed it by that much...

By relatively talented, I mean there are a few people that near the speeds of Guillaume and Lorenzo/Carlo, but then there are people that should never have been let near a computer and a wheel :urgence: :D

A fun race this Sunday should be fun though Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:23

Sprint races like Amaroo could be fun. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:38

Ben Paulet wrote:
Sprint races like Amaroo could be fun. Wink

with Caterham ? bounce
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:50

or F5000?
Back to top Go down
Teemu Toikka
Club Driver
Teemu Toikka

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:20

Mike, we have Touring Car Classic series running in GPRO on Sundays 16:00 CET, using the Bathurst Legends 1972 mod. We don't mind "lower than average" drivers :D
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:27

Teemu Toikka wrote:
Mike, we have Touring Car Classic series running in GPRO on Sundays 16:00 CET, using the Bathurst Legends 1972 mod. We don't mind "lower than average" drivers :D

Yup, the track is Warwick Farm this weekend. Laughing You're welcome to join.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 16:23

Quote :
We can definately set up a fun race this sunday if you guys want it Wink There's no open event this weekend because I thought you guys could use a break for time to time :D

If you can setup a break from my little sons be sure I will use it :D

I don't mind what you guys prefer, I just thought that using the existing server would both be useful as training for the next race and wouldn't cause the admins any extra work :top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb 2013 - 4:03

Teemu Toikka wrote:

Just now seeing this Teemu. I am going to run in this race at 10:00AM my time (sunday). Race2Play 2005 ILMS at Suzuka, 90 minutes. I am running GT2 in a Ferrari F430GT. I must say the level of talent in their group (at least in practice) is lower compared to HSO. I am likely in the top 25% or better. I was passing GT1 cars...cleanly Smile

Mod is a bit Arcadish I think but the car will break free. 2:02s in qual. 2:03s in race at half fuel.

http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show_event/10836
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb 2013 - 19:40

Great race, the Race2Play guys are quick. Seems some have issues though. I got plowed into on lap 3 or 4 by a LM-P2 car who spun early and was coming back up through the pack. Man he was over aggressive. He DNF's later in a cloud of smoke and dust.

Some poor guy spun right in front of me and I tapped him very lightly putting him on his roof. The Porsche 911 does do a superb job of impersonating a turtle.
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb 2013 - 21:36

Mike Becnel wrote:
Great race, the Race2Play guys are quick. Seems some have issues though. I got plowed into on lap 3 or 4 by a LM-P2 car who spun early and was coming back up through the pack. Man he was over aggressive. He DNF's later in a cloud of smoke and dust.

Some poor guy spun right in front of me and I tapped him very lightly putting him on his roof. The Porsche 911 does do a superb job of impersonating a turtle.

As I said, they're quick but some of them are idiots. And that's coming from the guy that unintentionally impersonates Andrea de Cesaris on occasions :aie:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2013 - 1:35

Mike Becnel wrote:

As I said, they're quick but some of them are idiots. And that's coming from the guy that unintentionally impersonates Andrea de Cesaris on occasions :aie:

I am running a P1 car this coming Sunday several hours before our Group C HSO race. It will be interesting to see how it feels to be an alien when I overtake the GT1 and GT2 cars. :conduit: affraid :conduit: affraid :doh: :aie:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any other league races this Sunday?   Any other league races this Sunday? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any other league races this Sunday?
Page 1 of 1