Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome !

Go down 
+9
Brendan Kaczmarek
Karel Marciniszyn
Ben Paulet
Sasha Sosnowski
Milt Minter Jr
Jerry Foehrkolb
Jim Ray
Guillaume Siebert
Antoine de Mautor
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 0:15

Here we go again 8)

Please have a very careful reading of the rules, there have been a few changes since last year Wink

Your thoughts about the forecoming season? :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 0:17

This is gonna be cool, US road racing rocks Smile
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 0:21

Great.

we will look over them really close before proceeding. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Jerry Foehrkolb
Rookie
Jerry Foehrkolb

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 1:10

Awesome lets do this Smile
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 6:11

Awesome Antoine!IMSA!We appreciate this like I can't even describe..This is a huge undertaking 'causing a lot of work...TY! very much..it's gonna be epic! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 13:02

This looks awesome.

Will test out these cars again when I get the chance (hopefully before the year ends), from what I remember with this mod, I liked the Jaguar's, but seeing as those are some really popular cars I don't know if I'll be able to get a ride with that Bud Light team.

Anyway, it's a great championship and I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 13:51

Si je peux participer à ce championnat, c'est avec plaisir que je le ferais. Histoire d'agrandir mes sensations avec des voitures que je ne connais pas. Sachant que je ne serais pas dans la bataille du podium, si vous voulez me choisir une voiture, c'est sans problème. Je prends volontiers ce qu'on me donne Smile
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 14:43

Le mieux serait que tu les testes toutes et que tu vois celle qui est le plus adaptée à ton feeling Wink

Lis bien le règlement et tu verras que tu peux batailler pour le podium aussi dans la seconde catégorie si tu le veux !
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 14:50

GREAT!!!! I´ll be there and I will ask few other GTP drivers in our country too!
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 18:21

Ahhh I'm pleased to see this! Very Happy

I should be there for the season (I hope) and I'd be more than happy to try a few things to get the tracks closer to the 1991 era, if you'd like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 18:24

Good to see ya Brendon!And of course you are welcome to join us at =FSB= fopr the 24 laps of Lemans,if you'd like! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 18:27

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Good to see ya Brendon!And of course you are welcome to join us at =FSB= fopr the 24 laps of Lemans,if you'd like! Twisted Evil

I'm thinking about it, though the 5:00PM EST start time is a slight deterrent. Sad
Back to top Go down
Damian Gosztyla
Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 1:37

How is it possible to run 24 hours at Daytona if Nr2003 only allows 500 laps for race length?
Back to top Go down
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 2:36

can a single driver run in the 12 hour and 24 hour events?
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 2:48

Antoine is on his way back to France at the moment, so I'll only throw in my educated guesses but he'll have the last word on this.
About the server, I guess this leaves us with only a 2-heat race alternative for Daytona.

As far as I know Andre this will not be allowed. I was a great fan of your acheivement in last year's LM 24, a feat that reminded the heroic moments of Pierre Levegh, Louis Rosier or Jock Horsfall cheers . Anyway by 1991 this was outlawed in international long distance racing for which every driver had a maximum hours of racing allowed and minimum resting periods to observe. I am pretty sure Antoine will stick to that real life rule for the series Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 6:49

Andre,you are welcome to fill a spot on one of our teams..The long distance races will tax a few of our scheduials for sure..plenty of Teams to run with here too..That's been the greatest experience for me and why our guys have taken to the game..The team aspect is awesome..routing for each other etc!I guarantee you can run with somebody..24 hrs by yourself is too much!Ain't enough coffee and fattys for that-lol! Embarassed :drink:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 8:54

just gotta say..Guillames' avatar is so cool..James Hunt was a man among men!i love this league! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 16:11

Sounds great...should be a lot of fun!!
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 17:41

Couple of notes about the schedule that I've sent Antoine as well. I'll post them here an an abbreviated form:

1) Daytona, as Damian said, is too short to run 24 Hours within the 511 lap limit in NR2003. Two heats would work, perhaps even as a way to simulate lengthy stays in a garage to effect repairs to a car. It's rudimentary, but it was not unusual for cars to return several hours later after a stay in the garage and continue running again. Perhaps segments of 10 hours and 14 hours would be good? *psst*, maybe three stints with some night running? :D

2) With that said, I have a 1991 version of Daytona with updated textures, some moved/removed objects, and the old chicane. It needs some racing line work, but all in all it looks good as it is. I'll share some photos later and you all can decide.

3) St. Pete is a replacement for West Palm Beach. A good one too, as honestly I haven't seen enough footage from West Palm to attempt a scratch version. I'd like to update St. Pete though with some moved walls and curbs that the track seriously lacks at the moment, as well as perhaps some track surface markings.

4) Sebring ran a different layout before 1998, including the old hairpin at turn 7 and a much faster run onto the backstraight. I have a version in game without AI currently, but other things would need to be looked at such as pitstalls and starter decisions. If someone would like to give me a hand with this, please let me know - I know a lot of people were pretty unhappy with the RD version of Sebring.

5) Miami was actually run at Bicentennial Park in 1991. There's a lot of footage out there and I have a driveable layout in game. Currently I'm working on track surface detailing and some textures, but I think I could have a finished track ready by New Years Smile . I'll share updates as I make more progress.

6) Road Atlanta was run at the old layout, which is basically the GPL conversion by Dave Noonan. It's in game and more accurate to 1991 than the current Tunlanta version, which did not have either the new pits or the chicane at turn 10/10a.

7) There is a better version of Lime Rock out there - look for Lime Rock V1. V4 is a "twist" version, which was some guy's personal take on updates to the track that never materialized. It's not a bad version but it's hardly accurate...

8) Mid-Ohio could use some work. I've been wanting to do it for a long time but never got around to it. Even if I don't touch the layout or the elevations, I'd like to fix the track surface and add curbs and such as the version out there is pretty much a direct port from IndyCar 2 (making the track 14 years old. Laughing )

9) Watkins Glen, I think, could use a texture port from the GTP version. It shouldn't change the track any but it would make it look a bit better.

10) Long Beach is a good substitute for the last race as well. It's missing some things from 1991 and beyond though, including some curbs, moving some walls, and some track surface detailing. I'd like to have a try at it if you don't mind.

Oh, one last thing - Sebring is on the same day as the real 12 Hours of Sebring. I know a lot of people would like to watch the real race, so perhaps we could think about moving it up or down a week? I'd really appreciate it. :D Razz

Like I said I'll share photos of my work as I have things to share, but I really like how everything looks so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 17:49

Cheers Brendan, many exciting prospects in all this ! I can't help on the modding side I'm afraid, but maybe I can give a hand on track data & pics or beta tests if needed Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 19:23

WoW!Well,that Lemans version you made dude is awesome!We ran it in Trans-Am this season too,at =FSB=..Racing it was like watching an Incar..I think we're in good Track making hands!i'll help with testing but I'm a computer idiot,so I wouldn't be much help there..
I have a friend in Daytona,kevin Jeanette..He restores Porsches..His son gunnar ran at Lemans last year and runs in the GrandAm..Donno if you recognize this area but I love this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0r99fyD0U&feature=related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4DxZZc9So&feature=related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqFwN8XTWco&feature=related Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 19:36

Wow this sounds fantastic. Much appreciated for all the work you intend to put into this, even if I can't help out as modding is not my area of expertise.

I agree/second both your proposals to:

Maybe run the Daytona 24hrs in three heats with the night version sandwiched in between. Maybe 8 hours on the day version to start, 12 hours of night running, 4 hours back on the day version to end...it seems similar to running in Florida during the winter (we could take two hours away from the night running, adding one hour to each end of the day running if we'd prefer to count sunrise/sunset as "day" running) Either way I think this would be fantastic.

I also agree to maybe move the Sebring race a week forward or back so it doesn't coincide with the real race. Personally moving it a week after would definitely be prefered for me as watching such events get me soo pumped to drive, and with this case I'd be running the real thing the week after! (so I generally think most people would feel the same way, using the real event to prepare mentally for the online event)

Anyway, great to see this for this series, I'm absolutely thrilled to be doing something competitive with NR2003 again, as I solely use it for my offline simulation of NASCAR seasons.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 19:50

I agree guys..Love to watch the real thing,then go out and "live the dream"-lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009 - 3:00

Here are a few notes and remarks about this 8)

Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
Couple of notes about the schedule that I've sent Antoine as well. I'll post them here an an abbreviated form:

1) Daytona, as Damian said, is too short to run 24 Hours within the 511 lap limit in NR2003. Two heats would work, perhaps even as a way to simulate lengthy stays in a garage to effect repairs to a car. It's rudimentary, but it was not unusual for cars to return several hours later after a stay in the garage and continue running again. Perhaps segments of 10 hours and 14 hours would be good? *psst*, maybe three stints with some night running? :D

Running several heats is indeed the way to go. We will consider what choice is best for the sake of historical accuracy preservation, without spoiling the race fun and interest of course Smile

2) With that said, I have a 1991 version of Daytona with updated textures, some moved/removed objects, and the old chicane. It needs some racing line work, but all in all it looks good as it is. I'll share some photos later and you all can decide.

Definitely looking forward to testing this one, could you please send it to me by e-mail or PM before releasing it to the community??

3) St. Pete is a replacement for West Palm Beach. A good one too, as honestly I haven't seen enough footage from West Palm to attempt a scratch version. I'd like to update St. Pete though with some moved walls and curbs that the track seriously lacks at the moment, as well as perhaps some track surface markings.

If you can make it better, that's great, but don't spoil time on a minor project, endurance races should stay the main focus of this early season, and as for any other track I must get a final version quite a long time before the event to make it the official track Wink

4) Sebring ran a different layout before 1998, including the old hairpin at turn 7 and a much faster run onto the backstraight. I have a version in game without AI currently, but other things would need to be looked at such as pitstalls and starter decisions. If someone would like to give me a hand with this, please let me know - I know a lot of people were pretty unhappy with the RD version of Sebring.

Same as for Daytona, unfortunately I can't help you with that mate !

5) Miami was actually run at Bicentennial Park in 1991. There's a lot of footage out there and I have a driveable layout in game. Currently I'm working on track surface detailing and some textures, but I think I could have a finished track ready by New Years Smile . I'll share updates as I make more progress.

That's definitely amazing !! Improved ahistorical accuracy is always a concern here, so this contribution would be much much appreciated !!

6) Road Atlanta was run at the old layout, which is basically the GPL conversion by Dave Noonan. It's in game and more accurate to 1991 than the current Tunlanta version, which did not have either the new pits or the chicane at turn 10/10a.

Fair enough, but the Tunlanta version looks much better IMO. However, historical accuracy prevails so I will replace it with the Noonan track.

7) There is a better version of Lime Rock out there - look for Lime Rock V1. V4 is a "twist" version, which was some guy's personal take on updates to the track that never materialized. It's not a bad version but it's hardly accurate...

Thanks for this info, shall be fixed asap !

8) Mid-Ohio could use some work. I've been wanting to do it for a long time but never got around to it. Even if I don't touch the layout or the elevations, I'd like to fix the track surface and add curbs and such as the version out there is pretty much a direct port from IndyCar 2 (making the track 14 years old. Laughing )

Yeah why not

9) Watkins Glen, I think, could use a texture port from the GTP version. It shouldn't change the track any but it would make it look a bit better.

Same than above ^^

10) Long Beach is a good substitute for the last race as well. It's missing some things from 1991 and beyond though, including some curbs, moving some walls, and some track surface detailing. I'd like to have a try at it if you don't mind.

Absolutely not ! If you can improve it that would be great ! However, if you can create the del mar track from scratch that would be even crazier!! :D

Oh, one last thing - Sebring is on the same day as the real 12 Hours of Sebring. I know a lot of people would like to watch the real race, so perhaps we could think about moving it up or down a week? I'd really appreciate it. :D Razz

Yep, we'll have a look at that and change race date if possible

Like I said I'll share photos of my work as I have things to share, but I really like how everything looks so far. Smile

Please do send me any WIP you may have so I can have a look Wink I need to get files as early as possible to be able to consider running them for the event.

If you can have a go at creating the Topeka race track and the New Orelans street circuit from scratch, well that would definitely be the icing on the cake
Laughing

Thank you very much for your work Brendan !!
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009 - 3:26

Anything for the GTP faithful. :D

As Milt mentioned, I have been creating and updating the Le Mans tracks used for the 24 Hours with WOSEC, OATAS, and VTE since 2006 and people seem to be pretty pleased with it!

A few corrections to my first post:

I would love, love, love to create Del Mar. I have some footage laying around and honestly it's one of the most obnoxious, tricky, silly, and absurd street courses I've ever seen. Which means FUN, right? Razz I think I'll give that one a go later on, as Bicentennial Park takes priority.

As for St. Pete vs. West Palm Beach: I've seen the West Palm Beach circuit and it's pretty straightforward. I'd have to get some decent aerial imagery yet, but I haven't had a look through the historical parts of Google Earth - I'm bound to find something. Bear in mind that all these tracks are lapped in right around one minute, so they're pretty short and easy to create - very hectic though!

For Heartland Park Topeka - that circuit actually exists as a conversion from either Nascar 99 or Nascar 3, done by Dave Noonan again. I think I'll have a look at updating it (or downdating, if you like? Razz ) and see what I can do to get it right. Smile

New Orleans... Well, I've never actually seen footage from there - so I'll have a look!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome !   Welcome ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: Archives :: Archives :: 2010 :: 1991 IMSA-
Jump to: