Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]

Go down 
+22
Filippo Marazzi
Yves Plaçais
Mick Chapman
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Simon Wattman
Alberto Ibañez
David Jundt
Jan Prusa
Matias Estrela
Michael Griffiths
Dave Miller
David Jaques
Bruno Chacon
Peter Blom
Raymond Riddall
Honza Mild
Lennart Groessl
Juha Bos
Grant Riddall
Richard Wilks
Lukáš Vydra
Jonatan Acerclinth
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 4:37

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 8:06

Simon Wattman wrote:

btw. Toyota should have 1 point in the standings from last race? :hello:
I realized that but has not come around to sorting it out, will do so when I update Points from this round :top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 8:10

The following drivers has until 20:00 Paris Time this evening to confirm or deny their participation:

Petr Hlavac
Rob Swindells
Matthias Weber (absent)
Yves Plaçais
Filippo Marazzi (absent)

Last edited by Jonatan Acerclinth on Tue 30 Apr 2019 - 11:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 10:42

Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 16:46

sorry, out for this race. I will be back at Knockhill
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 18:23

I'm also out, my car is free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 19:36

I'm in. Sorry for late response.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2019 - 18:43

I'll give the #27 Ford Mondeo a try.
I might only do the first race.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2019 - 18:50

David Sabre wrote:
I'll give the #27 Ford Mondeo a try.
I might only do the first race.
:top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2019 - 18:55

Server is set and ready for tonights event Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2019 - 22:53

Results and Points are up on the site.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 6:40

grats peter, dominant performance again. even when i was setting personal best laps, pushing as hard as i could, best i could gain was 0.1. qualifying was close at least for race 2 but still couldn't get a clean start to hopefully stay close, and maybe put some pressure. but you were uber consistent, there was no catching up. great job!
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 8:10

Thx David for your kind words :drink:

I am typing this while in the train to Berlin lol!

Race 1: Took a nice pole and I was quite suprised with the gap behind me and David. I can remember from the BTCC league in 2017 that Silverstone really suits me, especially the last section. Since previous race I found a way to make rocket starts which I managed to put to good use last night as well. After the T1 crash behind me I was already pulling away from Jan. Succeeded in building out the gap and win the race.

Race 2: David really put the pressure on in qualifying with a great lap. I couldn't get sector 1 right loosing about 0.2 secs. Happily I was quick enough to win 0.3 secs in following sectors and take pole again.
Made a good start once again and to my surprise Jan came from 6th to 2nd after his start. Jan was holding up David for some time and after he got passed I was already some seconds away. Managed to build out my lead gradually and took my 2nd win of the night :first:

Thx admins for this great event again and see you all in 2 weeks time :flag:

Last edited by Peter Blom on Thu 2 May 2019 - 8:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 8:16

So Silverstone. I hate Silverstone and Silverstone hates me Smile
I came home cca 15 mins before quali and without any practice. Setup was quick and not good for the first race. Quali was bad 11th place.
RACE1
I made very good start and after the first lap i was 3rd Shocked but i knew that will not be forever. Lack of speed and bad setup for right tires caused my 5th place at the end of race. But some nice fights, i was enjoing it.
Quali 2 was a little bit better, but still slow. I made some major setup updates and car was more stable and good enough for the left hand corners.
RACE2
Start was good and again some nice fights. Still had not enough speed, but much better than at first race. Minor contact with Petr Hlaváč caused that i lost 2 position and at the end of race i was 6th.
I'm satisfied with results after disconnection decision at Brands Hatch and bad result while someone other ruined my race.

Gratz to podium! I am glad that my team mate Peter win again and double!!! Great work. And Peugeot is still leading champ Smile

Thank you HSO for great race and see you at Knockhill.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 8:26

Peter Blom wrote:
3 weeks actually :regl:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 8:43

Lukáš Vydra wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:
3 weeks actually :regl:

Shhhh Lukas, let him turn up in 2 weeks, someone else may win then Razz
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 9:30

The results table
Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 W401
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2019 - 10:33

Well, another, from a Championship view, dissapointing event for me and the Volvo. While I put in a bit of work offline it was clearly not enough to make me fast enough and no matter what I tried to do setup-wise, the car would simply wave/Bounce around the track (see off-road vids where they stop and the still sways or Waves from side to side) with me holding on for dear life.
Tried the Vauxhall and Peugeot with my setup and beat my fastest race lap (with lesser fuel than I had in the two cars I tried) and were quicker, so the Volvo clearly wasn't as good a weapon as I had hoped ahead of this round :smil20:

Q1:

Realized as soon as I saw Peters' pace that it would be near impossible to beat him so set my mind at trying to snatch 2nd on the grid to try and outstart him, didn't happen and lined up 5th on the grid, too far behind to be competitive going into Turn1.

R1:

Jan had a blistering start in his Beemer and Went up into 2nd. There then were a bit of a caffuffle in T1 and I gained a position as Grant went off.

Did my best to hook onto the Group ahead but couldn't quite manage it until Honzas' tires went away. Was sitting there trying to get at him myself for quite a while but I simply couldn't make use of my extra Swedish ponies over his French steeds because the car wouldn't hold tight enough lines nor put the Power down the way I needed to so had no chance where the passing opportunities lay.

In the end David came from behind after a small off and outbroke me like the F1 '91 champ he is into Club and on the last lap David Jundt gave me a small tap, nothing major but it was enough to slow me all the way down to Abbey where he outbroke me up the inside, so 7th and massive frustration with how the car was behaving...

Q2:

Tried to make some tiny Changes to the car to make it quicker but it didn't work, it was still really nervous and difficult to drive on the limit here, so lined up 7th for the race.

R2:

Had a much better start this time and steamed past Petr and someone else, can't remember now, sorry.

So was 5th going into T1 and soon Grant was in trouble and went off the road at Stowe. So 4th and right behind David and Jan in the fight for 2nd behind the escaping Peter.

Tried to give David a bit of hazzle but didn't want to force him too much as I needed the finish. Soon enough he got by Jan and it was now my turn to try my luck.

Thanks to some Changes to the setup, I could at least get some kind of runs onto Hangar and was able to outbrake Jan up the inside into Stowe a couple of laps later. Unfortunately for me David had allready escaped by another 2 seconds and I had 6 seconds up to Peter.

So I settled into it and tried to gap Jan and the others behind but it didn't take long for Grant to get by and he then set at it to reel me in. A mistake by me at Priory meant that I lost very costly 1,3 seconds to Grant and I knew it was a matter of time before another dog-fight just like at Brands Hatch a few rounds ago.

We had a small moment at Luffield, I thought Grant would go for it so broke to get the cutback but Grant had decided to back out. My appologize again Grant for that one.
I did my best to stay ahead but I couldn't gap Grant enough on the second to last lap and he made perfect use of his AWD drive to Power up the outside of me going through Club (fantastic move mate :clap: ) and I had to concede at Abbey.

So 4th which I'm a bit happier with but dropping another 16 odd Points, making it 55 Points to get to Peter, means it will take Peter not finishing a few races, just like me and David, for the Championship win will be up for grabs for anyone else than Peter.

See you all at Knockhill, a track I absolutely love but I'm not sure the Volvo will like the track at all, considering it's a very curvatious track with Crests and such to mess my battleship up :hum:
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2019 - 23:39

This race (R2) I'd like to thank Juha Bos and David Sabre for excellent and hard fight cheers :clap:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]    Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Silverstone GP [May 1st]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2