Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation


 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2020 - 13:35

Hopefully it's the final version :D

https://mega.nz/file/y0MVBaYC#dC62p1gsdph-RZqUFu4UDi6TWhAYcoj8VkPTox1Gbak

Code:
Version 4.30 changelog


- Changed Behra's Maserati to Ken Wharton.
- Deleted Maserati badges from the 250Fs.
- Reworked textures and shaders to increase FPS performance (thanks BorekS!).
- Tuned up the gearshift parameters to better reflect the differences between the various types.
- Added intro video and new graphics.
- Added new pit workers.
- Slightly modified drawing distances and LODs to improve FPS.
- Fixed the Coventry Climax 2.0L exaggerated overheating: it should be more in line with historical reality.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 66
Age : 72
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2020 - 4:42

Thank you, GM! :clap: Hope I can figure out how to get all the pieces in all the right places.
Back to top Go down
Mark Lynn
Rookie
Mark Lynn

Number of posts : 8
Location : Sunderland, UK
Registration date : 2020-03-24

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2020 - 12:16

Hi Jim, in case you're still struggling with this, the easy way is this:

When you have extracted the 7z archive you'll find a folder in there called Mod. Open that folder and you'll see 7 more folders starting with Extra and GameData (you will see matching folders in your rFactor install folder) copy or move ALL of those to your rFactor folder. You can just do it all in one operation by selecting them all and dragging them all over. You might then want to go in the Extra folder, extract the patch and run that to patch your rFactor.exe to use 4Gig of RAM, and you're done.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 66
Age : 72
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2020 - 3:23

Thanks, Mark. :top: I'll take a look later. Last time the folder names were different. So I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 66
Age : 72
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 4:29

Got it working. Wow! What a work of art and science! Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 21:20

Just a quick hotfix to the tire pressures: nothing that much important, but the optimum pressure value was a bit too low.

https://mega.nz/file/fhc1BIaD#JxoQGfoowDke9CbyVo4ybkbf-ZW9YccpJpjR8gCO2ok
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2020 - 19:25

Version 4.30 b hotfix. It's a bit too complicated to write in a single post, so you're better off in reading the readme file Wink

https://mega.nz/file/749iRAIR#JA8Fcj1wrB639zlVy9K2s77jPGBs9JSekKOni6ushFg
Back to top Go down
Simtek
Rookie
Simtek

Number of posts : 2
Age : 21
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Registration date : 2020-09-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 0:04

Hello-first of all, this is a pretty stunning work you guys have done! I really love driving these cars; but, you see... I don't know if this is a problem of my own (by setting-up it badly or whatevs) or not, but the Vanwall car seems to...die too quickly. I mean, I tried to do a few laps on Reims with Moss's car, but I couldn't leave the box because the engine would blow-up after directly starting it (not even being able to move it or "force" it). I tested other cars (like Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus & Lancia, for example) and they all seem to work superbly fine. Any ideas of what could've caused this?
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 8:30

Simtek wrote:
Hello-first of all, this is a pretty stunning work you guys have done! I really love driving these cars; but, you see... I don't know if this is a problem of my own (by setting-up it badly or whatevs) or not, but the Vanwall car seems to...die too quickly. I mean, I tried to do a few laps on Reims with Moss's car, but I couldn't leave the box because the engine would blow-up after directly starting it (not even being able to move it or "force" it). I tested other cars (like Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus & Lancia, for example) and they all seem to work superbly fine. Any ideas of what could've caused this?

Seems to me that you're either forcing it too much on startup (don't worry, it happens) or you have random damages activated in the rF menu.
My first advice would be to set the damages to "normal". If that doesn't fix it, try putting yourself in neutral at around 5000 RPM and play with the clutch and 1st gear until you can start.
When changing gears, don't use the full RPM range unless it's absolutely necessary: if you stay right on (or a little below) the maximum power figure, you should be alright Smile
Back to top Go down
Simtek
Rookie
Simtek

Number of posts : 2
Age : 21
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Registration date : 2020-09-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2020 - 19:09

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Simtek wrote:
Hello-first of all, this is a pretty stunning work you guys have done! I really love driving these cars; but, you see... I don't know if this is a problem of my own (by setting-up it badly or whatevs) or not, but the Vanwall car seems to...die too quickly. I mean, I tried to do a few laps on Reims with Moss's car, but I couldn't leave the box because the engine would blow-up after directly starting it (not even being able to move it or "force" it). I tested other cars (like Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus & Lancia, for example) and they all seem to work superbly fine. Any ideas of what could've caused this?

Seems to me that you're either forcing it too much on startup (don't worry, it happens) or you have random damages activated in the rF menu.
My first advice would be to set the damages to "normal". If that doesn't fix it, try putting yourself in neutral at around 5000 RPM and play with the clutch and 1st gear until you can start.
When changing gears, don't use the full RPM range unless it's absolutely necessary: if you stay right on (or a little below) the maximum power figure, you should be alright Smile
Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2020 - 21:08

Simtek wrote:

Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^

No worries mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Smile

The 1951 mod's development is all on the new F1Classic forum: https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13

Salvatore Sirignano and Simtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Salvatore Sirignano
Rookie
Salvatore Sirignano

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-11-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2020 - 23:52

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^

No worries mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Smile

The 1951 mod's development is all on the new F1Classic forum: https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13

Gabriele, thanks so much for your works, I cannot wait for the 51 mod! Please could you share the progress here? There is no way to register on the other forum! Sad
It's weird, there is no option on the page anywhere!
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 903
Age : 36
Location : Czech republic
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:30

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^

No worries mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Smile

The 1951 mod's development is all on the new F1Classic forum: https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13

how can I get access? I cannot see any otion to register

_________________
I am ashamed for my stats way too much to show them :D
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Sponsored content




Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Mods-
Jump to: