Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]

Go down 
+26
Brian Janik
Raul Jereb
David Jundt
David Jaques
Petr Hlavac
Grant Riddall
Mark Craggs
Michal Janak
Gérard Ryon
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Wilks
Raymond Riddall
Dave Miller
Timo Vermeersch
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
Yves Plaçais
Steve Parker
Bruno Chacon
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
François Remmen
David Sabre
Jason White
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 22:31

François, I understand the frustration. I must admit I feel a little disconnected sometimes also. AMS was the best of my sims as far as that was concerned normally but wondered if it just struggled a little more with the mod (as its not the best rig in the world) . Framerates seem OK however. Again it is very marginal in my case and could just be me. Hope you manage to improve things.
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 22:38

Thanks Steve they look great. Will look into prices here. Thinking about a thrustmaster wheel also but know they had some issues when they first came out. The g25 is at least reliable.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2018 - 17:16

Mark Craggs wrote:
Thanks Steve they look great. Will look into prices here. Thinking about a thrustmaster wheel also but know they had some issues when they first came out. The g25 is at least reliable.

About £122 on amazon but have seen some cheaper on ebay,and the thrustmaster wheels are prob better than logitech now,eg the T300 AND 500

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T3PA-PRO-Pedal-Add-Xbox/dp/B00YOVD5E4

You will need one of these as well if you are using a logitech wheel

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/pc/steering-wheels/t-rj12-usb-adapter.html
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2018 - 18:28

For 193 of your hard earned pounds you can also get the Fanatec CSL elite ones:

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/csl-elite-pedals-lc-eu.html

I have seen many good reviews about them.

Agree with Steve regarding TM wheels, a T300 is nowadays probably the best bang for the buck deal in the market.

Whatever you end up buying, yes be sure pedals are what makes the greatest difference, so bear in mind that investing in decent ones guarantees longevity of use and the best experience.
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2018 - 19:26

Thanks Steve & Alberto, much appreciated. Will keep an eye out for some deals although £122 is not as much as I had feared for some decent pedals. Really like the look of the Fanatec pedals also though. Very nice. Christmas is here soon after all Smile
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2018 - 19:59

Janak and Gerard, what wings where you running on the Ferrari?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2018 - 22:17

Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

this time ended on 1,2 with 2,3 uinstable and slow, with 2,2 totaly losing end at T1 and other corners so the 1,2 was most stable with some speed,
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 9:35

Michal Janak wrote:

Timo

this time ended on 1,2 with 2,3 uinstable and slow, with 2,2 totaly losing end at T1 and other corners so the 1,2 was most stable with some speed,

Wow, only 1,2? I didn't practice much, but a quick test with 2,2 didn't feel very comfortable, so I tried 3,3. Lap times were identical and the car was really nice to drive. Of course, I was much slower in the straight line and it was difficult to pass, but the car was stable and predictable throughout the whole race, which has paid off.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 12:44

Michal Janak wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

this time ended on 1,2   with 2,3 uinstable and slow,   with 2,2 totaly losing end at T1 and other corners  so the 1,2   was most stable with some speed,  

Thanks for the feed-back Michal. That explains why I was about 10 kph slower on to approach of turn 2. I was running 3-3. Not the good way to go here, clearly What a Face

Do I get it right that you were running 1 front - 2 rear?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 16:51

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

this time ended on 1,2   with 2,3 uinstable and slow,   with 2,2 totaly losing end at T1 and other corners  so the 1,2   was most stable with some speed,  

Thanks for the feed-back Michal. That explains why I was about 10 kph slower on to approach of turn 2. I was running 3-3. Not the good way to go here, clearly  What a Face

Do I get it right that you were running 1 front - 2 rear?

Timo

yes, 1 front 2 rear
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 16:52

Oui Timo 1 avant 2 arrière.
Les trois Ferrari a l'arriver. cheers
Bravo au podium et a tous les pilotes qui ont franchi le :flag:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 17:35

Thanks for the feed-back guys. Interesting stuff. For some reason I have always operated under the illusion that your front wing needed to be slightly higher than the rear :doh: This opens new horizons... Rage Very Happy

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 17:40

this car is little special, for me sure, hardly to setup for my abili´ties in Q and in rac ebecause the behavior change too much under different fuel load during race and tyres worn
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:28

all this wheel and setup talk, i just want to add my 2 cents.  keep in mind, everyone will have their own style and no one can say what is right or what is wrong, what ever works for you is what works.  these are just the things that i do, based on *some* track time and history of sim experience.

1. understeer doesn't mean "safe".  the more a car is setup to understeer, the bigger and faster the snap to uncontrollable oversteer when it does break loose.  a more neutral handling car will break loose sooner, but it will be more gradual and slow and at least be more likely to be controlled.

2. when i ran the ferrari for the open event (and most any car for the first time), i went out with the default setup just to get a base feel for the car and track.  then, depending on the results/track (in this case it was hockenheim which is similar to austria in that it is a speed track), adjust rear wing to the desired speed, low for high speed tracks, higher for low speed tracks.  front wing is used for balance.  initially i try to adjust front in the same ratio as rear.  go out for a test run, in my case it was 2/2.  initial feel was slight oversteer, but close to neutral.  so i try with 1/2, right away, i feel HUGE understeer.  to the point that if i raced it this way, it would be slow and off the pace, and prone to the snap oversteer mentioned above.  so i went back to 2/2 and made small tweaks to chassis, roll bar, springs, shocks and got the car exactly how i wanted.

2b. a perfectly neutral car will have a little under and a little oversteer.  one can't be afraid of a little bit of oversteer at times, because a little bit of oversteer that happens gradually is a lot better than oversteer that snaps on suddenly.

2c. a more neutral handling car will keep the front and rear tires more equal in temperature, which will help to keep the balance for a longer run and changing fuel load.

3. wheel settings.  in ams if at all possible i say use the "auto set rotation" feature.  this way your wheel is set the way the mod/car was intended to be driven.  it is possible different settings could be faster, but not as realistic.  leaving steering/wheel settings default seem to work well for me.  in f1 71 the "auto set" puts the rotation to 540, so if auto set doesn't work for you my recommendation would be to set your wheel to 540 before launching AMS and loading default setup from there.

4. im going to work on a ferrari setup for austria, if you are interested in a setup and hotlap replay private message me your email and ill send it out to everyone.

hope it helps,
dave

Last edited by David Jaques on Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:39

David: when trying 2-2 wings as i went into corner 1 totaly fast the rear came to front maybe badly set the rear of the car

i will send my setup to You
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:42

no matter what steering i set in Logitech gaming profile (360 for AMS) in the game when testing controller is full scale detected like 540 degree Sad , is known bug that G29 doesnt work right in AMS , there is beta AMS exe but it is not compatible for online
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:13

Michal Janak wrote:
no matter what steering i set in Logitech gaming profile (360 for AMS) in the game when testing controller is full scale detected like 540 degree Sad , is known bug that G29 doesnt work right in AMS  , there is beta AMS exe but it is not compatible for online

the bug for g29 is that the "auto set rotation" feature does not work. in that case my advice is to set it to 540 in profiler when driving the hso f1 71 cars.

pm me your email ;P

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:38

David Jaques wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
no matter what steering i set in Logitech gaming profile (360 for AMS) in the game when testing controller is full scale detected like 540 degree Sad , is known bug that G29 doesnt work right in AMS  , there is beta AMS exe but it is not compatible for online

the bug for g29 is that the "auto set rotation" feature does not work.  in that case my advice is to set it to 540 in profiler when driving the hso f1 71 cars.

pm me your email ;P

best,
dave

For G27 too?
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:52

Bruno Chacon wrote:
David Jaques wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:

the bug for g29 is that the "auto set rotation" feature does not work.  in that case my advice is to set it to 540 in profiler when driving the hso f1 71 cars.

pm me your email ;P

best,
dave

For G27 too?
I believe it works by the in-game thing but I do the Logitech Profiler change just to be sure I get the actual rotation.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 22:39

Osterreichring report is up HERE.

With the Fezza engine blowing on lap 1 at the Glen... I had an evening on my hands.

Pics will be added later.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2018 - 15:50

Pics added to Zeltweg-report.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2018 - 16:16

great :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2018 - 16:52

Great as always Timo :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2018 - 16:14

Lovely piece, although it wasn't that uneventful as I recall a moment on the infield(Second part of the Texaco Schikane, although there's no "chicane") where I braked too late and went off, making me lose some 5 seconds Laughing Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Btw: For some reason, I see the pics from the Östereichring also at the Nordschleife report, some even do not show up at all for me Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2018 - 17:26

David Jundt wrote:

Btw: For some reason, I see the pics from the Östereichring also at the Nordschleife report, some even do not show up at all for me Sad

Indeed, thanks for mentionning that David. Seems like the links in the Nordschleife report got bugged somehow. I'll fix that later today.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next