Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]

Go down 
+26
Brian Janik
Raul Jereb
David Jundt
David Jaques
Petr Hlavac
Grant Riddall
Mark Craggs
Michal Janak
Gérard Ryon
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Wilks
Raymond Riddall
Dave Miller
Timo Vermeersch
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
Yves Plaçais
Steve Parker
Bruno Chacon
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
François Remmen
David Sabre
Jason White
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 21:25

Great battle with Janik  :top: :top:  :top: , hoping for a small point until 2 laps from the finish... :aie: :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 21:45

Oh well, can't really complain about crashing out I suppose...

Didn't have time to practice (and when I did I didn't realize the track was allready in AMS) so started from scratch as soon as I got home from refreeing, about 7:20 PM this evening.

With the help of David Ja, David Ju, Juha and Mick I was able to get my times down to a competitive area. Then I was careless enough to listen to the one advice the March just can't cope with (or rather my own stupidity since I was the one to ask), I decided to induce more understeer into the setup.

Result?

Cronic understeer that was just becoming worse, and worse, and worse. Until, when I lost my rythm lapping Timo (no fault of yours, just the way the track is), I was too late on Turn in for the 2nd to last corner and no matter what I did from there-on-in (unless I would have had a completely fresh mind) I was going to hit the barriers, the question was "how hard". Lost 2 wheels, the engine and a few other bits and bobs....

But anyway, had nice fights with Michal and Gerard (that 2 wide in T1 was epic mate!). Just frustrating that I'm in a far more consistent car but I still can't stop myself from picking up non-finishes Sad

Oh well, onto Monza I suppose... Don't like that track either... :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 21:53

Congratulations Richard!  Anthem:

WINNING DRIVER AND CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:06

@Austin: Sorry for the close call and your tap with the wall, we were both braking late I guess Shocked

Was reducing the gap below 5-4 seconds, then they just turned it up and flew away a second per lap.

No chance to keep up in the end, had to settle for a still great 3rd place :third:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:11

hmm, what to say, at start of season, hoped little higher but now pure frustration :smil20:

no joy in the race (most of the time alone) and no points position and only waiting to problems of cars in front , i show at "home GP" of Ferrari but in my mind i have idea , give up and free car Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:11

I didn't even know whether I'll be able to start due to internet connection issues. Finally, i joined with 5 minutes to go and my lap time from the beginning of the session was good enough for P18. This must be my worst starting position years. As i had nothing to lose, i just pushed as hard as i could. This league has become insanely competitive. Apart from a few aliens at the front and a few slower guys, the whole midfield is brutally good. There are no small mistakes anymore. No chance to catch anyone, as everybody is simply perfect. I was 8th with some 20 laps to go and tried to catch Brian Janik, but the gap was 2-3 all the time. Then I saw that Juha Bos has made a mistake and we got closer. However, it seemed like that one championship point is out of reach. But the unthinkable happened. Sadly, Brian's engine expired and at the same time, in the same corner, Juha spun around and i found myself on P6. It was quite tough to keep Juha behind, as his Lotus gained some 0,8s just from finish line to T2 alone. But thankfully i was faster in the twisty section. This feels like a win. I'm totally wasted. I love these cars!

Congratulations to podium, see you next time :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:17

Results and points are up
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:37

@David Jundt no problem, it was a racing incident.

Good race guys. This car just doesn't have the HP to keep up on big tracks its a bit frustrating, I can't imagine monza lol. I'll give it my best.

Great race guys. :top: :champ:

Richard :first:  David :second: Jundt :third:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:43

grats richard, really fun, never separated more than 2secs, a battle the whole race! always a blast racing with you, clean the whole time, thanks!

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 1:58

Hello guys!

It is noticeable the power difference in tracks like this. But it is fun anyway. Smile

I was pretty happy with my qualify lap, but put the car only in 11th spot. Don't think I got the handle of this car yet, but one day I get there.

The start wasn't bad, I found Yves very slow and I got held a little going uphill, 3 wide, me Janik and Yves.

After that was almost racing by myself. Petr was recovering from 16th in a very fast Mclaren and closed the gap, could even defend against his straight line speed. Then around lap 25 Sabre joined me in a fight that last 30 laps.
My tires were in better conditions I guess and I could close the gap and get the position back after his mistake.

Nice battle Sabre!

Congratulations to the podium.

See you guys in Monza if I get a car!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 7:35

David Jaques wrote:
grats richard, really fun, never separated more than 2secs, a battle the whole race!  always a blast racing with you, clean the whole time, thanks!

best,
dave

Fantastic race mate, hardest I've ever had, the track really keeps you on your toes, as we both know Wink

@Jonatan, you could always miss Monza and broadcast if you want since you hate the track. Then re take your car for the round after. It's a crying shame these races aren't being broadcast.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 8:44

Thiago Canola wrote:

The start wasn't bad, I found Yves very slow and I got held a little going uphill, 3 wide, me Janik and Yves.

Sorry, Thiago, my start was good too, but I missed my gearbox shift 1→2 Neutral , then 2→3 Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:02

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Then I saw that Juha Bos has made a mistake and we got closer. However, it seemed like that one championship point is out of reach. But the unthinkable happened. Sadly, Brian's engine expired and at the same time, in the same corner, Juha spun around and i found myself on P6. It was quite tough to keep Juha behind, as his Lotus gained some 0,8s just from finish line to T2 alone. But thankfully i was faster in the twisty section. This feels like a win. I'm totally wasted. I love these cars!

Well done on getting that last point. I threw it away stupidly and starting on my used qually tyres probably didn't help much either, but I'm glad I made it to the finish. Even that 7th place felt like a victory after what has so far been a season Andrea de Cesaris would have been proud of.

Kyalami: qualified 7th, finished last (not classified) after 2 accidents.
Montjuich: 18th, accident.
Monaco: 20th, accident.
Zandvoort: 20th, accident.
Paul Ricard: 12th, accident.
Silverstone: 9th, accident.
Nürburgring: 19th, accident.

I qualified 7th again yesterday. Having acquired some new hardware earlier in the week the car's feedback and behaviour felt more consistent so I got my old pace back (that wasn't exactly alien level, but never mind).

Early in the race I followed Jundt, Wilks and Johnson. Wilks dropped back, Jundt ran away, but I found a way passed Johnson's March when lapping a Ferrari and with Grant's retirement I found myself in fourth place.

That was as much excitement as I could handle. I tried hard but Johnson eventually got the better of me again, and Petr too. Still seventh place is better than anything I've done so far this year so I'm satisfied.

Now I have to drive the vacuum cleaner at Monza. At Zandvoort it was a missile off the line, but the grid was too tight. Monza's a bit wider so I'm looking forward to unleashing all the torque on the runway towards Curva Grande. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:14

Richard Coxon wrote:
David Jaques wrote:
grats richard, really fun, never separated more than 2secs, a battle the whole race!  always a blast racing with you, clean the whole time, thanks!

best,
dave

Fantastic race mate, hardest I've ever had, the track really keeps you on your toes, as we both know Wink

@Jonatan, you could always miss Monza and broadcast if you want since you hate the track. Then re take your car for the round after. It's a crying shame these races aren't being broadcast.

Will have to decide later. Will look at what times are being done. If I'm off the pace, and I'm allowed to retake the car afterwards, I may broadcast instead as running on your own at Monza is a dreadful experience (though it's a better track without all the chicanes :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:40

Jason White wrote:
I’m sorry Steve Sad

Np m8,not alot you can do with a spinning car,i had an awful start anyway,pulled away ok then could not get 2nd gear it went to neutral and stayed there,after messing around finally found a gear :doh: .
Grats to Richard, DJ and David Jundt.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:44

Qualifying was good with positions changing all of the time, one minute 5th the next minute 10th. I was surprised to lap 1.5 seconds faster than I had done in training.
I managed a good start and held on to the back of the lead cars in 8th I think until the car got away from me and spun across lots of grass before slightly touching a wire fence. The car had damage to the right side front and rear but it didn't seem to upset the handling although laptimes had dropped off quite a bit. I just kept pushing around until I got up to Thiago with whom I had a long battle until the end of the race. I think that we both made mistakes during the battle and tyre wear got the better of me and Thiago went through to take 8th and me 9th. that was a lot of work for a 9th place finish. What a Face
Well done Richard :top: , and all of the finishers.
What will Monza bring scratch  I hope that the Matra power will give us an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:48

@Jonatan, there will be a test race before so you can judge then. But obviously it is up to you, no pressure mate  :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 14:55

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Danm!!!  My Tyrell free today, motive: without internet, connection off the air, since yesterday afternoon. And the suport don't solved... I don't know when my internet return. So the #10 das free for today. (Writing in cel phone)

Sad feeling, Sad Sad Sad Sad

Good Luck for who drive the #10

Since you have missed 2 races in a row, your car will be made free as per the rules 

Quote :
If a full-season driver is absent for two races in a row or four races in total, they will lose their drive, even if they declare their absence each time

You can of course put your name down to claim the car again.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 15:47

Really really frustrated
Fun to race w/Yves
Not sure why engine blew, can only speculate
Congrats to usual suspects
yippee effing yay
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 17:15

My engine blew also although the results were marked as suspension before I left the server.
I damaged car trying to organise an easy pass for leaders lapping me and drifting wide into barriers. Blew a lap or two after that.
Dissapointed to still be off the pace compared to the main pack although I lost a load of time trying to keep out of trouble at the start. Feels like even considering any skill deficit I am missing something.
Starting to wonder about the replacement pots in my g25 pedals. Prob just me unfortunately.
Good fun though. Thanks to organisers and grats podium. I had to move out of the way of an intense looking battle before clipping the car.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 18:12

Mark Craggs wrote:
My engine blew also although the results were marked as suspension before I left the server.
I damaged car trying to organise an easy pass for leaders lapping me and drifting wide into barriers. Blew a lap or two after that.
Dissapointed to still be off the pace compared to the main pack although I lost a load of time trying to keep out of trouble at the start. Feels like even considering any skill deficit I am missing something.
Starting to wonder about the replacement pots in my g25 pedals. Prob just me unfortunately.
Good fun though. Thanks to organisers and grats podium. I had to move out of the way of an intense looking battle before clipping the car.

Have you tried DIView from leo Bodnar to check wheel and pedal travel :top:
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 19:11

I use DXTweak2. You can set max & min values for your pedal travel.
http://www.simracinghub.com/forum/448-dxtweak
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 19:17

Decided to drop out of qualify still 7 secs slow of pace , that isnt me.
and still cannot drive these cars or any AMS mod with full steering controll. the respons of steering and throttle reacts way to slow , next time i going to do a radical thing to put all my rfactor configs into AMS and see how it reacts

so for safety reason i better stay out incase spoiling others and friends there hours of practice competing for the championship.

Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 22:05

Thanks Steve and David.
I assumed the travel was OK from looking at the bars in the hud but will try out the utils. The new pots seemed to have about half the range of the previous which would mean losing some precision after recalibration. I got them from Leo bodnar and also have the cable to split the pedals from the wheel. I didn't think it would make much difference but wondered if it means I am less able to modulate the power accurately enough. Clutching at straws probably but it does feel like things have gone downhill a bit since (although admittedly not from a great height) . I also remember people saying on forums that new pedals made the biggest difference to their performance while I have potentially made mine less accurate. Having said that they don't look too bad when viewing the bars in the hud.
Perhaps I should brush off the cobwebs and open my wallet Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2018 - 22:15

i use these and cannot fault them,i have them mounted GTstyle,far better than logitech by a mile :top:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t3pa-pro-add

You can get an adapter so you can still use logitech wheel and have the pedals direct to usb slot,which makes them more responsive anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]   Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Grosser Preis von Österreich [Oct 14th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next