Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]

Go down 
+31
David Jaques
Jari Bruppacher
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Timo Vermeersch
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Richard Wilks
David Jundt
Raymond Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Yves Plaçais
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Raul Jereb
Jonatan Acerclinth
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Peter Blom
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Steve Parker
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
Austin Johnson
Jason White
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:47

Jason White wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:
Need that face attached to the smiley riding the horse, and all would be complete.  :yaa:

Ask and ye shall receive

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 L97BQ8

:first:
:rigol:

That's great :D Definitely keeping that one and will be using it in the future.
Thanks! Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 18:59

Watching qualifying now;  

A few drivers are cheating the tow-back feature by quitting out of the qualy session and logging back in  Evil or Very Mad

Not impressed.  AND -- apart from it being an obvious circumventing of the rules, it also exacerbates the FPS problems for those who are experiencing them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 19:18

Jason White wrote:
Watching qualifying now;  

A few drivers are cheating the tow-back feature by quitting out of the qualy session and logging back in  Evil or Very Mad

Not impressed.  AND -- apart from it being an obvious circumventing of the rules, it also exacerbates the FPS problems for those who are experiencing them.

It's annoying though if you crash because of the FPS drop and then get penalised by having to wait five minutes. So I understand those that do this.

btw. how can I see a received setup in AMS?
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 19:29

whats the sound option when you are in the garage hearing other cars? Too loud for me compared to be incar
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 19:34

totaly irregular condtion , in one lap 3 drivers join and then 1s stutters, destrojing all effort, cot flat tyres as i must emergency stop not hit wall :urgence:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 19:52

no blame to anybody but this track is NOT race ready with a full pack
fps drops to 20 , objects flying around and start to fly off into the sky!
a bloody frustrating waisted time efford on my side

car is free for this monaco race
DNQ anyway

hope zandvoort will be better
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:15

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
ATTENTION:

[u]we will limit going in and out of the server during qualy session to prevent both freezes and people gaining advantage from extra tires.

Jason White wrote:
Watching qualifying now;

A few drivers are cheating the tow-back feature by quitting out of the qualy session and logging back in Evil or Very Mad

Not impressed. AND -- apart from it being an obvious circumventing of the rules, it also exacerbates the FPS problems for those who are experiencing them.

I did not have one stutter free lap because of the constant exiting and re-entering. I had one tow and took it.

I'm not saying I would have qualified without them, but the difference was not that big.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:18

1_24_9 with race set on friday, but couldnt get it together today :doh: track limits were killing my lap every time
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:36

Circuit injouable pour moi.

Du lag des freezes, et même une disco avant la fin des qualifs...

Sans doute que je n'ai pas le matériel qui convient pour la "lourdeur" du circuit?

Les deux premières courses ne me posaient pas de problème pourtant...

J'espère que ce soit le seul circuit où cela se produise. Donc...

A la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:39

LOL! Qualified a surprising 7th and was running 8th in the race. I was already dreaming of good points but at the same moment I braked too late and ripped my wheel off. Ah well...Monaco :doh:
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 21:19

Just disappointed that I involved Brian into my wreck. The race was horrible though. In every corner the FPS dropped massively and when I came accross Peter's accident I had a slideshow. No idea how I got past that. But the stuttering then took me out in the chicane. Kinda glad it happened that early though. Probably would have gotten sick from racing like that for the full race.

Hopefully Zandvoort will be better, as it is one of my favourite tracks ever.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 21:36

Unfortunately Monaco remains a boogy-track for me.

This is my 3rd retirement in 4 years at Monaco in a F1 series :smil20:

I had a decent start but then made a misstake when it looked like Petr would dive on me into the harbour, caused some damage, probably made Dana crash later as she hit me (sorry Dana) and lost time, dropped to last place on the lead lap.

Had a nice battle with Juha for a few laps and had a small scuffle going with Raul until I got by both but another 5 laps later my game locked up and crashed. The only reason I can see for that happening was overheating but it shouldn't have been an issue since I was running with my bedroom window wide open Sad

But oh well, another set of possible points lost but onto the next one, the track where I scored my single point of the 78 series 2 years ago so maybe it'll be a bit of luck still to be had there for me...
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 21:50

Pffff, course nickel, 4eme, reste plus que 20 tours..... moteur ! pale

J'ai passé la course les yeux sur les temps qui étaient bonnes, et d'un seul coup, plus rien comme à Kyalami !
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:33

ANTHEM -- WINNING DRIVER AND CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:35

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
ATTENTION:

we will limit going in and out of the server during qualy session to prevent both freezes and people gaining advantage from extra tires.

Jason White wrote:
Watching qualifying now;  

A few drivers are cheating the tow-back feature by quitting out of the qualy session and logging back in  Evil or Very Mad

Not impressed.  AND -- apart from it being an obvious circumventing of the rules, it also exacerbates the FPS problems for those who are experiencing them.

I did not have one stutter free lap because of the constant exiting and re-entering. I had one tow and took it.

I'm not saying I would have qualified without them, but the difference was not that big.

Timo

to had too much problems in Q from repetedly joining and lefting drivers, no clean lap till the end
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:36

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Pffff, course nickel, 4eme, reste plus que 20 tours..... moteur ! pale

J'ai passé la course les yeux sur les temps qui étaient bonnes, et d'un seul coup, plus rien comme à Kyalami !
Unlucky Yves.
As I was further down the order I decided not to rev the engine too much. 5th place finsh. :banane:
Really tough to stay focused and I had three spins at the top of the hill but somehow I survived.
Congrats to all of the finishers.
Now to watch the video. Thanks guys. :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:40

3rd race at HSO at Monaco, 3rd time on points (5th, 4th and 6th), today i can be 2 or 3 places higher but since lap 30 i had flatspotted tyres and then i hit wall at left hander at swimming pool and destroyed my car that it was very hard to stay on track and not make spin as the car tends turn left and was very unstable on braking, so i must let car at rear let by, and finaly i spun at shicane, luckily didn colect anybody here and took the car to finish, i didn belive before race that i can do more than 10 laps
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:46

2 things to mention before I grab some much needed food.

1: Interesting thing about the fps drops. I turned off my mirrors and suddenly the fps drops quit, even when I was around cars losing parts and parts flying, smoke, etc.
Not a single stutter during the race. Interesting because with the mirrors on in quali it was horrible like others describe.
I don't know what it means, just wanted to note that it seemed to work.

2: I understand why race control pulled me over near the end of the race. I pulled to my box after I got the command and was going to do a lap after everyone had finished (but I couldn't tell when the race was over so went out but didn't make it around in time...guess I got a DNF instead Sad

After losing the tire, I switched on the track map to locate the other cars. I was watching them intensely as I rounded the course trying to make it to the end, since I was so close. So...just wanted to say, I was not being wreckless, though perhaps a bit unsafe admittedly. The track seemed empty enough and I allowed the front guys by without much issue.
I was not positive there was a rule against it, and I was not positive I would be pulled over, so after nearly 80 laps of that hell, I was going to try like hell until I was told otherwise :aie:
Any penalty assessed, I accept without issue. I made the choice.

...tough race, time for some grub! :yaa:

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 22:56

Results and points are up
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 23:20

My Saturday night hijinks somewhat ruined my qualifying session. Probably didnt help in the early laps of race either. Tried to take it easy hoping to avoid the unavoidable until the cobwebs cleared the melon.

Then lap 4?...came up behind Jari, who appeared to be having some issues as we headed to the tunnel. I predicted he might crash at the chicane, and despite trying to account for that, got caught up in it when it actually happened.
Car seemed ok afterwards until I got back to turn 1 and the car wouldn't turn. Then noticed lft frt tire was Very hot, limped around and pitted for repairs which cost me a couple laps. Afterwards the lft frt continue to overheat, but handling was reasonable. Shame as I think race laps were better than Quali, but all I could really hope for was 19 others to fail. Got closer than expected bounce

Awesome drives by the guys up front, and all finishers

Good tip on mirrors Jason.
I also tried turning effects down, and reducing the time debris is on track. but occasionally still noticed very minor fps drops
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2018 - 0:29

WOW! I dont think I've ever been so spent after a race. That was a grueling 80 laps.
First off I knew I had to get a good start considering I'm driving against some of the best drivers in this league and they were on the front row! Got a great start and headed up the hill in the lead.  I knew I had to capitalize on my position and try to get away as fast as I could. Didn't work in about 10 laps Grant passed me and I knew from then on all I could do was just try and stay with him. Car was loose as all hell, all I could do was try my best and hang on. Made a huge mistake by locking up at the chicane and having to turn around, so that set me back about 30 sec. I knew then I just had to finish and do my best to gain time. Did my best with a 2nd! I'll take it for my first start in these beasts.
Great drive Grant did my best. We will soon meet again :antoine:
Thanks to everyone you guys drove a great race, I seen some smart driving today good job guys!
I thought it turned out great considering all the problems during the week.  I had no lag during the race. Weird!

Thanks again HSO for letting me take part in this awesome race. I will be back for some more f1 action!

:second: :chinois: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2018 - 8:53

Quelques questions après la course de Monaco  Question  :

Pourquoi lors d'un arrêt aux stands sur le spot prévu à cet effet, il y avait 240 secondes de pénalité (minimum), à chaque fois (même s'il n'y avait pas de réparation à faire sur la voiture)?

Y aura-t-il d'autres circuits aussi lourds et exigeants graphiquement que Monaco, et lesquels?

Serait-il possible, si c'est le cas, de disposer du circuit au moins une semaine avant la course?

Merci pour votre travail  Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2018 - 9:40

Quote :
Pourquoi lors d'un arrêt aux stands sur le spot prévu à cet effet, il y avait 240 secondes de pénalité (minimum), à chaque fois (même s'il n'y avait pas de réparation à faire sur la voiture)?

Cela peut être pour plusieurs raisons :hum: Peut être une erreur de jeu ou une pénalité correcte. Quelle raison vous a donné le jeu pour cela?

Quote :
Y aura-t-il d'autres circuits aussi lourds et exigeants graphiquement que Monaco, et lesquels? 

Monaco est dans une ville avec de nombreux bâtiments et objets. Il n'y a plus de circuits comme celui-ci dans le calendrier. Les autres circuits seront des conversions que nous avons déjà utilisées dans rfactor1. 

Quote :
Serait-il possible, si c'est le cas, de disposer du circuit au moins une semaine avant la course? 

Notre intention est qu'il en soit ainsi, mais parfois le travail est prolongé et nous ne pouvons pas avoir le circuit disponible avant la semaine précédente. Mais nous voulons faire avancer la disponibilité des circuits pour pouvoir les tester en ligne avec plus de pilots et avec suffisamment de temps pour résoudre n'importe quel problème.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2018 - 10:19

Qualy was impossible with more people leaving and joining the server every 2 mins than Piccadilly circus in rush hour,Race was not enjoyable because of lag,which eventually made me crash as i entered the chicane in a slideshow frame rate,will try jasons suggestion of turning mirrors off next race.Only track i have ever experienced lag on going from 250 fps down to 13 when a crash occurred.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2018 - 11:38

With ref to the FPS-drops, mirrors may indeed be the solution. I have a very low FOV with as a result that the mirrors on the car are not within my screen. The GFX thus does not have to render them.

To compensate and to remain safe, I obviously have the virtual mirrors on, but they do not seem to generate FPS-drops.

As to the long tow times. I have the impression, the reason is not the way the pit is entered, and a pit entry being triggered or not. I think in Monaco the reason was that the pitstop and the actual box (where the car starts from when starting to drive) are not in the same spot.

We had the same in Kyalami, where the "box" was on the other side of the wall between the pit and the boxes. There however, the distance between both spots was low and thus the tow time was limited to about ten seconds. In Monaco the distance is bigger and the pit is, when following the driving direction of the track, actually past the box. So I think the sim may be assuming an entire lap of tow at each time.

As such, that is not to bad, but the sim should then offer the possibility to drive to the "box" rather than the "pits" and allow avoiding the tow-time that way. I tried that in Monaco during the week prior to the race, but only managed to reduce the tow time to about 120 seconds.

I would assume that is a flow that Reiza should address?

Timo

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next