Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]

Go down 
+39
Pascal Kalide
Gabriel Sterr
Karel Marciniszyn
Christian Dauger
Alberto Ibañez
Honza Mild
Brian Janik
François Remmen
Richard Coxon
Joe Miller
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Jukka Närhi
Michal Janak
Sky Willis
Austin Ogonoski
Jonatan Acerclinth
Steve Parker
Dana Schurer
Raymond Riddall
Martin Lacina
Yves Plaçais
Gérard Ryon
Juha Bos
Scott Urick
Raul Jereb
Timo Vermeersch
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason Fitch
Adam Hackman
Michael Drechsler
Jason Whited
David Sabre
Grant Riddall
Bruno Chacon
David Jundt
Jan Kowalski
Austin Johnson
Jason White
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2018 - 19:05

What about these buggers? :clap:

Basically a spec class, cos there were no 600 ccm cars other than the Trabant. Wink
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2018 - 19:08

not? what about small fiats?
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2018 - 19:19

I haven't heard of them finding their way into the GDR, not even in FSO guise. I'm happy to learn there were A600-class Fiats around Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2018 - 19:29

Quote :
I have talked to Jason about this, and has advised me to bring it to your attention, so, in a not so timely manner, here goes.....

I believe HSO should (read - it would be nice/fun to run a spec series (be it historically accurate) or to just run a server cycling through a few tracks and record times on a dedicated hot lap page. It would be good to see where we all stand relative to each other. And somewhere where the admin could refer to when restricting drivers to certain cars in other series.

I have all the time/respect for historical accuracy, and as long as that is the core of HSO, then HSO will maintain its character, but to be; and I am struggling to find the right words except what immediately comes to mind; extreme about it.

And just to clarify, this is something (my suggestion, over historical accuracy) is not something I feel too strongly about. no big deal.....(I guess to a certain extent, ISO touches on this?)

Yes, ISO covers that to some extent. We also have run in the past historic spec series, and for sure can run some again. M1 Procar is a pending thing for me in some regards, and we now have Richard Wilk's physics for it, so it is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 2:27

Guess I'll follow you guys off course for sec...

Yet to have a top ride, and drove the Modena Lambo a few races in 91mod, but I personally love the historically accurate mods over any uninteresting "League edition" spec mods. It provides a unique set of challenges.
:hum: Makes you sympathize and wonder if Alex Yoong or Taki Inoue or Christian Danner, etc were actually the best drivers of their generation?

I hope the only spec races here are reasonably accurate such as the FF race we had recently, Otherwise you'll need to remove the H from HSO. Wink
Although I do think the car selection process could be a bit more of a defined meritocracy, to alleviate the difficulty on admins and the confusion or frustration of would be entrants.

ok, Watkins Glen Watkins Glen Watkins Glen Watkins Glen Watkins Glen Watkins Glen Watkins Glen
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 3:09

Yes back to Watkins Glen.

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 6:53

Bonjour,
Des problèmes de dos m'ont empêcher de m'entraîner cette semaine. ..et ce n'est pas fini Crying or Very sad
Je ne peux donc pas participer Dimanche.
J'espère que ce sera mieux pour la prochaine... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 9:50

Hello,

if it is possible I would like to try Watkins Glen with Christian´s car - Lola T160 #13

thank you
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 10:56

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
M1 Procar is a pending thing for me in some regards, and we now have Richard Wilk's physics for it, so it is a possibility.

If we say spec series, there is really only one car that springs to mind no? The 911 in all it's glory.

The IROC Porsche 911's that shipped with the Power & Glory-mod for GTR2 were, IMO, the best one-off series ever made for a sim. And historically correct.

There exists a mod with only 911 Carrera 3.0 RSR's for Automobilista. I do not think that is historically correct. But those cars are pretty close to the 911's used for the aforementioned inaugural IROC-series. To the extent that I understand anything at modding, which I do not, I thus think that adapting the Carrera's to an IROC-series for Automobilista should not be that much work?

Then, the late eighties pre F1 Porsche series using the 964 RS would also make for one hell of a spec series. I just do not think that a decent 964-model is around for modern sims. I think an old BPR-mod, again for GTR2, contains a 964, but not the spec one. And that mod was probably also not top notch.

All that just to say: 911 spec series... Bring it on. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy As Joel Goodson already understood at a very young age: "There is no substitute."

Timo
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 13:11

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
Hello,

if it is possible I would like to try Watkins Glen with Christian´s car - Lola T160 #13

thank you

Ok
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 16:41

:conduit: Will be there!
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 16:43

nice , 4 Czech drivers :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Kalide
Rookie
Pascal Kalide

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 17:26

sadly i can not drive this race Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 18:25

Pascal Kalide wrote:

I would like to take that car :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 20:04

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Pascal Kalide wrote:

I would like to take that car :conduit:

Ok
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018 - 21:11

Will drive :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 14:17

...woke up this morning to see that my car had been sitting on the server all night long. Shocked
Sorry to anyone joining server or voting for next session
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 23:15

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 23:35

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Arrow

I am assuming this means you are in?  scratch
Back to top Go down
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018 - 3:31

Scott Urick wrote:
:conduit:

And the track, with period-correct Armco, sans bus stop, sans concrete patches, is absolutely spot-on!

This post hasn't aged well.

The version of Watkins Glen being run tomorrow is an edit of a track originally released for F1 Challenge 99-02 by DutchDevil and then got converted across a bunch of other sims over the span of about a decade. Back then it was serviceable, but nowadays it's not even close to accurate. It's practically a rollercoaster.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=2265

The concrete patches have been painted over to look the part BUT are still made of concrete when it comes to the actual track properties. What this means is that there are random portions of each corner that will give your car a sudden spike in grip for no apparent reason, and then when you transition off it creates massive instability.

I am surprised three pages into this thread nobody has once mentioned this because the track is flat-out undriveable and I definitely applaud those who have still put the effort into developing setups & hotlapping because I couldn't be bothered trying to lap for more than 10 minutes. Yes in solo lapping you can memorize where the grip strips are, but in a pack of cars or when overtaking this is going to cause an absurd amount of spins that were no fault of any drivers involved because the change in grip is that massive.

Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 DZGZ_5OV4AAP34P
Back to top Go down
http://pretendracecars.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018 - 3:38

Hey Austin. Here’s a news flash for you.
This forum is not an extension of your now-defunct hate blog.
If you have an issue with how the series is run, you can PM the admin who runs it (i.e. me)
Otherwise, go find a league that has less baby seals for you to club.
Back to top Go down
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018 - 3:50

Jason White wrote:
If you have an issue with how the series is run, you can PM the admin who runs it (i.e. me)

I'd like to know how expressing a serious concern about track grip levels making cars highly unstable in the virtual paddock area is "hate."
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018 - 3:55

Austin Ogonoski wrote:
Jason White wrote:

I'd like to know how expressing a serious concern about track grip levels making cars highly unstable in the virtual paddock area is "hate."

Because you are expressing this concern at the eleventh hour when no one can possibly address it. At this point you are just trying to publicly shame the series and bolster your own self-importance. Neither of which are helpful at this juncture.
Back to top Go down
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018 - 4:07

Jason White wrote:

Because you are expressing this concern at the eleventh hour when no one can possibly address it. At this point you are just trying to publically shame the series and bolster your own self-importance. Neither of which are helpful at this juncture.

1. Open you HSO Can Am 71 root folder
2. Navigate to gamedate/locations/can-am/watkinsglen1971/WGlen_NL1971
3. right click on WGlen-NL1971.tdf and open with notepad
4. Press CTRL+F and type "road cement patchs"
5. Change Dry to 1.0 and Sink to 0 (default is -.014)

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018 - 4:12

Austin Ogonoski wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Because you are expressing this concern at the eleventh hour when no one can possibly address it. At this point you are just trying to publically shame the series and bolster your own self-importance. Neither of which are helpful at this juncture.

1. Open you HSO Can Am 71 root folder
2. Navigate to gamedate/locations/can-am/watkinsglen1971/WGlen_NL1971
3. right click on WGlen-NL1971.tdf and open with notepad
4. Press CTRL+F and type "road cement patchs"
5. Change Dry to 1.0 and Sink to 0 (default is -.014)

So explain to me why you couldn’t address this concern via PM and in a timely fashion.
Oh that’s right, the league revolves around your schedule and you need to stroke your ego publicly. I forgot.
If we update the track, and people complain about having to change setups, we will send them your way for an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]   Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Watkins Glen [Mar 25th]
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next