Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups

Go down 
+9
David Jundt
Greg Hunt
Michal Janak
Ludovic Tiengou
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
François Remmen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Empty
PostSubject: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 11:56

Physics Guide

as former dev member researcher and tester for this 1991he mod and hso given it her 2nd championship in 4 years means alot , not only to me but the whole team who worked on this hughes project for about 5 years, and almost 8 years after initinal release

thought could be handy to put up this threat for the guide and sharing setups to you guys
for Greg well he manage , even we don't understand his setups lol
maybe handy to put up your controller ini and compare

The mod itself and in general the cars are very sensitive, and as you guys notice they will respond very rapid as they did in reality
a modified controller.ini and ffb is required to suit your equipment  you need to find out by trail and error
the keyword is; STABILIZE

some is written in the guide in GAME controller

Basics

Tire temperatues ( print out the page lay it next to your keyboard and drive the compound you choose , try to get them on the same temp and keep it)

Gearing
a higher gear in a corner is more stable then a lower , it feels slower but the opposite is more often the result
(if a car has for example 6 gears doesn' t mean you have to use them all you can use many variations like for example  from 2nd to 5th, or 1 to 5th, 2nd to 6th
1st gear is often used only at starts or very tight hairpins and the highest as a tow gear
they did this aswell in 1991

Brakes , rideheight
be aware of an extra load of about 150pounds with full tanks
use wider ducts and bigger disks and  rise the floor
car will spark on bumps and high g force corners but don't scrape them all the way on a straight , which is diffuser stalling and slow your car
in qualify you can go like that whith some more packers and lower rideheight

Phoenix is not the best track to start of but if you manage you can fly very high further during the season

Last edited by François Remmen on Tue 27 Dec 2016 - 13:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 12:10

study scratch Suspect pale Sleep :hihi: :doh: :antoine: affraid Shocked :doh: :doh: :slurp: :conduit: cheers
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:08

Ill try to add some base setups and tips as the season progresses Smile
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 17:58

hope someone understands the march chassis :hello: My rear steps out too often under braking. 1:32:0 with 220L and softs (C).
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 18:06

Vincent may still have some of his setups for the March/Leyton. Me and him drove it the last time we ran this season, unfortunately i haven't got the setups anymore.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 20:47

Jan Kowalski wrote:
hope someone understands the march chassis :hello:  My rear steps out too often under braking. 1:32:0 with 220L and softs (C).

sounds like a diff lock under braking or you shifting to abrubt

check your rear brake disks , make them abit thicker
move brake balance , or soften the rear springrates
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 22:55

Add slow rebound, brake bias to front and more diff lock in coast.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 1:13

thanks for the setup help. Made big progress today, thanks all @HSO :hello:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 10:15

For your race setup, test always with half tank. That is the average of the conditions you will experiment over the whole race.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 12:05

I've got a issue with the Ligier.

I'm totally drowned in setting up that car Rolling Eyes
Everything I try solve a problem only to raise a new one. The car was hugely understeering in corners at first. Did modifications on the differential the wheel ratio, the camber, wings and caster. Now it's still a bit understeering (but manageable). But the brakes are now locking on bumps on T1 and the car is oversteering in exit at most corners. I've try to touch the suspensions but every thing I changed makes the car more undriveable. Either I get more understeering or more oversteering.
The car is a hell to set. Too many variables on a too large spectrum of changes. Now I've to add to poor driver skills and poor car performance the handicap of nearly null engineer capacity Neutral That's a lot of things to overcome for qualifying. Doing so will be in itself similar to a victory in HSO.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 14:08

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
I've got a issue with the Ligier.

I'm totally drowned in setting up that car  Rolling Eyes
Everything I try solve a problem only to raise a new one. The car was hugely understeering in corners at first. Did modifications on the differential the wheel ratio, the camber, wings and caster. Now it's still a bit understeering (but manageable). But the brakes are now locking on bumps on T1 and the car is oversteering in exit at most corners. I've try to touch the suspensions but every thing I changed makes the car more undriveable. Either I get more understeering or more oversteering.
The car is a hell to set. Too many variables on a too large spectrum of changes. Now I've to add to poor driver skills and poor car performance the handicap of nearly null engineer capacity Neutral That's a lot of things to overcome for qualifying. Doing so will be in itself similar to a victory in HSO.

this all is why i was not so happy that the 91 mod was choiced, the cars are too modern for me , bad setup starts bad driving and everything technics and all is worser then, fight the car and not other drivers, gold 78 , and for people withless time to test every strategy and setups is it a nightmare

2nd bad point after yesterday is FPS with this mod, 1 car OK, 5 cars and FPS drops to 50 ad screens stutters especialy on fastest right turn (in 78 mod full grid and on start rock solid 60FPS)
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 16:33

Ligier race setup

made this last night

1.32s with full tank
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 16:40

please guys stop to complain before the begining of sesson and enjoy

it s the same for everyone except drivers who are lucky to be in group 1 and some of group 2 cars
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 17:57

Greg Goissen wrote:

it s the same for everyone except drivers who are lucky to be in group 1 and some of group 2 cars

+10000

Well said.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 17:59

Pfft, that's easily said. YOU know what you are doing Rolling Eyes :langue: (That's praise btw)

I am sitting in the same boat as Michal. Even I'd struggle to setup the Ferrari Embarassed

EDIT: But yeah, wait for the season to arrive. Remember what Murray said: "Anything can happen in Formula 1, and it usually does!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 18:21

Try the Jordan if you fancy a challenge. I know what the car is capable of, but I'm not an engineer and I'm not the virtual equivalent of Michael Schumacher either so I currently get trounced by inferior cars. :D

One thing you could do is to stay away from Phoenix for a night and take the car to a track you're familiar with, and find a correct base setup. Phoenix is not as easy as it looks due to its bumpy nature and it might be beneficiary to get used to the car on a normal track where you have more run off.

I did it yesterday, couldn't get below the mid 30s at Phoenix and after testing elsewhere for an hour I came back with a car that actually handled properly and set a few 1.26s. There's a lot more in it, but it's a start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 19:14

I cant put links from the phone, but look for the setup help Json posten in the F1 78 forum, there is an easy step by step procedure that should mostly be good for F1 91 also.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 19:24

Btw: Where's the best place to get Realfeel from?

Someone else away from ths forum also recommended to download a program called Kangaloosh car factory for setup work(if it should still work). Anyone ever heard of it?

It seems like I'd need Motec or something similiar to read telemetry.

And to be completely honest: I also can't read telemetry.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 19:43

Greg Goissen wrote:

Oui ben essaye la Ligier en roulant avec un oeil fermé et une main dans le dos (ce qui devrait te mettre à mon niveau de pilotage. et encore pas sur). Tu verras que c'est vraiment pas une partie de plaisir.
Pourtant je persévère et je dois être un de ceux qui roulent le plus sur le serveur. J'en suis à 270 tours de roulage actuellement.
J'ai réussi à gagner prés de 8 secondes au tour ( de 1.35 je suis tombé à 1.27.8). C'est pas rien et cela m'a demandé de sacrés efforts. Malgré tout cela ne m'empeche pas de n'avoir que très peu de chance de me qualifier pour la course.

Donc non ce n'est pas pareil pour tout le monde loin de là même. C'est facile à dire quand on est certain de se qualifier même avec un veau.
Moi je suis un pilote sans talent et perdu dans les réglages. Ajoute y une voiture qui n'est pas bonne. Pour m'en sortir ca signifie trimer comme un fou, rouler, rouler, rouler, tenter des choses (qui souvent ne fonctionne pas car regler ces voitures c'est hyper complexe), laisser des tonnes d'influx nerveux et piocher à fond dans mon temps libre....tout celà pour sans doute rien au final. Et je suis loin d'être le seul dans ce cas.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 19:47

Greg Goissen wrote:

Im the lucky one, and I plan to enjoy as much as possible. Im a bit lost in setup possibilites, and I figured Ill go mad if I start to search for perfect option. And the truth is I suck as a driver. So, Ill turn to driving, and trying to go as fast as I can with setup I did... enyoj the view, the sounds, and battling with you all.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 19:49

David Jundt wrote:
Btw: Where's the best place to get Realfeel from?

Someone else away from ths forum also recommended to download a program called Kangaloosh car factory for setup work(if it should still work). Anyone ever heard of it?

It seems like I'd need Motec or something similiar to read telemetry.

And to be completely honest: I also can't read telemetry.

Yep, I installed Kangaloosh CarFactory yesterday and found it pretty helpful getting the desired numbers. But then, you gotta know how to apply them.
Same for Motec, I installed that yesterday. I sure don't understand everything, the data isn't provided as I'd like them, but I can get some useful data from it. I'd prefer something like the old F1C Telemetry, but I couldn't get that one to run yesterday.  Anyways, it was enough for me to be able to crunch some numbers (there my studies in engineering come in handy, even though I never finished them) and came up with something that feels very nice, and Francois confirmed my thoughts yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 22:39

My personal ideas about the setting goes to research what your car pass to you.
Thinking about the real Footwork 1991 (in my case)  can be possible to realty or nearest, (but i no idea about the race cars only for limited goKart exsperience)
the first step will be to set your hardware, and i think, offen some suggest, if you have a good hardware you can recive best sensation trough drive. (but it not a simply to set)
For example i dont have the top of steeringwheel, but i can stay on track better when i use Joistick FFB then the wheel FFB, at this moment,( can be depend for that?), anyway i search to stay on track for first. and thanks to HSO to the patch, because now we can touch the wall and not to go to the end of race.  
About the setup the dedicate page on HSO is very great helpfull for me.

The variations are so many, starting from the HD to the setup.

Here two links about info in F1 Car setting. for real i never read all for sure but some info can be helpfull
http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/set_up.html
http://www.f1scarlet.com/f1_beginners.html

I any case i can understand if my setup can be ok or not,
but I never found a config that gets me a big difference in lap times.
Sorry but this my little war to cover at least 6seconds gap. lol!

Last edited by Gianluca Desposito on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 13:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 22:53

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Greg Goissen wrote:

Oui ben essaye la Ligier en roulant avec un oeil fermé et une main dans le dos (ce qui devrait te mettre à mon niveau de pilotage. et encore pas sur). Tu verras que c'est vraiment pas une partie de plaisir.
Pourtant je persévère et je dois être un de ceux qui roulent le plus sur le serveur. J'en suis à 270 tours de roulage actuellement.
J'ai réussi à gagner prés de 8 secondes au tour ( de 1.35 je suis tombé à 1.27.8). C'est pas rien et cela m'a demandé de sacrés efforts. Malgré tout cela ne m'empeche pas de n'avoir que très peu de chance de me qualifier pour la course.

Donc non ce n'est pas pareil pour tout le monde loin de là même.  C'est facile à dire quand on est certain de se qualifier même avec un veau.
Moi je suis un pilote sans talent  et perdu dans les réglages.  Ajoute y une voiture qui n'est pas bonne. Pour m'en sortir ca signifie trimer comme un fou, rouler, rouler, rouler, tenter des choses (qui souvent ne fonctionne pas car regler ces voitures c'est hyper complexe), laisser des tonnes d'influx nerveux et piocher à fond dans mon temps libre....tout celà pour sans doute rien au final. Et je suis loin d'être le seul dans ce cas.

http://www.historicsimracing.org/resultats_qualif/6

qualifier en 2013 avec 1.32 ... alors avec ton 1.27 tu es large

Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 23:30

Euh ... N'y avait-il pas seulement 26 voitures qualifiées ? Soit le dernier qualifié en 1'27"365 ?

Sinon, pourrais-tu, s'il te plaît, m'indiquer où puis je trouver cette présentation des résultats ? Dans les archives, je n'ai pas du tout la même présentation que celle de ton lien et à partir du prochain GP, je vois simplement les résultats des qualifications mais pas les temps. Merci d'avance ...
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 23:54

http://www.historicsimracing.org/fr/resultatscourse/677

26 indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups    1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide and setups
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next