Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]

Go down 
+40
Richard Wilks
Chris Stephens
Philippe Martinelli
Vincent Beretta
Gianluca Desposito
Arpad Vincze
Axel Putra
Miroslav Havlík
Paulo Rodrigues
Pascal Mikula
Cláudio Augusto
Rossetti Paolo
Alberto Ibañez
Steve Parker
Michal Janak
Jason White
Greg Hunt
François Remmen
Jason Fitch
David Jaques
David Jundt
Yves Plaçais
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Sebastian Vignone
Didier Conjeaud
Emmanuel Haas
Ludovic Tiengou
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Raymond Riddall
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Sky Willis
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Richard Coxon
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 14:36

Quote :
So it is possible to allow me 10l more on my fuel capacity like minimum all others cars ? it will be kind and that will not change anything for others drivers ?

Are just 10 extra litres enough to allow you to use the fuel mixture you want? It seems a very small difference.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 15:12

Nobody is changing anything, this is an historically accurate mod, you need to save fuel, you save it.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 16:01

Greg Goissen wrote:
please guys stop to complain before the begining of sesson and enjoy

Just to remember.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 17:11

Richard Wilks wrote:
Nobody is changing anything,  this is an historically accurate mod,  you need to save fuel,  you save it.

Thanks Richard also its not allowed  :D  

Greg is a incredible great fast driver but putting a larrouse on 1st row with 1.22 must make  a phsyics maker think there is some fundemental problem with its induvidual physics , that car could run top 6 in races
but qualify never so high

as far as i know greg and ari antero are 2 guys who can crack somehow the physics of a car and exploid them to insane fast laptimes with setups nobody can drive

as its never been talked about but we still working on v2.0 after 6 years release inwichh ALL data is put in accomplished by visits to factorries  talks with Neil Oatley, test by Mark blundel and god knows we did more
some new things that are implemented are ;
infact most cars specialy the slower ones only make only use of 2 way dampers intead of 4 which means also the larrouse  and make it more complicated aswell use of 3 variants of packer sets and 3 variants of gearboxes.
shifting is much harder to match the gears or you're revs will stuck and blow your gearbox ( engine)
and much more upgrades for each cars during the season , and many many more...
should be payware mod if its ever gonna be released for public

dont want to rude but driving a 78shadow on pole and win a champ is odd according a historic mod
that car should be act like a modena/coloni
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 17:25

Even if a mod was 100% historicaly correct, you can't compare real results and HSO's results, the drivers levels are not as close as they were in real life.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 18:13

François Remmen wrote:

dont want to rude but driving a 78shadow on pole and win a champ is odd according a historic mod
that car should be act like a modena/coloni

Well, we have to agree that drivers distribution in cars with aim to level and make racing interesting to all of us, is something that colides with historical realism.

A driver of Gregs abilities would be engaged in a team like Williams much sooner the me, and I would be happy if abble to drive those class 5 cars, if at all!! So, just imagine his lap times in FW14!!!

What I want to say, it is not so odd that Greg is having such a great results, even in much slower cars. He is just a class of its own, with no, or at least with very small competition!

So, as much as Im thankfull for great car, I can understand Gregs "frustration", becose, if nothing, its not fair that best drivers (not only Greg!) drive slowest cars, but from my point of view, its even more chalangeing for them, as much is satisfactional for us, slowers, to participate in races and can battle for points and some honor Smile

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 18:14

Quote :
the drivers levels are not as close as they were in real life.

And not even close to what they were in real life :hihi: (Except maybe Greg Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 18:20

Meanwhile, I am 2 seconds faster than Grouillard's time in Pre-Q(less grip, but I was still a few tenths quicker on my first wobbly lap), realistic, eh? :langue:

Also, there's something else to consider: Greg is as, if not more, reliable&consistent than a Swiss clockwork. He'll be there when a mistake is made by other drivers.

Not to forget that this track requires a lot of concentration. Once mistake and you're done here. Wouldn't be surprised if Greg still manages to get into the lead early on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 18:22

François Remmen wrote:

should be payware mod if its ever gonna be released for public

Get ready for a world of pain if you think about making money out of the F1 brand.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 18:25

You know, this reminds me of the old joke about soccer ...

F1 is a sport invented by brits, raced by everyone, and won by Greg Laughing 

Come on, let's race and wait a bit, last year when Petr Hlavac ruled in Argentina everybody was mad and in the end ... well in the end we know who ruled Wink
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 19:58

Raul Jereb wrote:

, its not fair that best drivers (not only Greg!) drive slowest cars

That's not true in fact.

AGS got a group 2 and a group 3 drivers
Coloni got a group 2 driver
Footwork got a group 1 and group 2 drivers
Fondmetal got a group 1 and a group 3 drivers
Modena got a group 1 and a group 3 drivers.

you've got in the final ONLY three of the fastest drivers (out of nine..well ten with Greg...well 12 as the Lotus boys seems also quite fast) driving the slowest cars

That's only a third. The two third remaining have been given to middle and slow guys.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
So it is possible to allow me 10l more on my fuel capacity like minimum all others cars ? it will be kind and that will not change anything for others drivers ?

Are just 10 extra litres enough to allow you to use the fuel mixture you want? It seems a very small difference.

As i wrote, some dayzs ago, in Ferrari mixture at lowest (1 or 0) and calculated from xd plugin the tank id 10l smaller than i need for full race and the time are 1:32, i had totaly wrong setup or i dont know what is wrong, max revs 2 clicks down from max
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:46

Michal Janak wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

As i wrote, some dayzs ago, in Ferrari mixture at lowest (1 or 0) and calculated from xd plugin the tank id 10l smaller than i need for full race and the time are 1:32,   i had totaly wrong setup or i dont know what is wrong,   max revs 2 clicks down from max

lower the engine brake to around below 5 will save fuel , higher or even 10 will use more fuel also wearout the brakes alot more

but race is 2 hours which means 7200sec : aprox laptime ( 1.m 30sec) 90sec = 80 laps!

so it will be squeeze your bud in the seat lol! :D
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:30

can only run boost 6-7 with Ligier or will run out of fuel,thats with 215ltr tank,but short shifting will save fuel so will lift and coast so i think everybody will have to turn boost down or risk running it dry :top:
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:41

In theory i should make it on full power with a full tank. I think.

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 9:51

Hello,

Malchance (comme en 2013, il me semble me rappeler) une crève (rhume, toux, mal de tête, etc...) m'est tombé dessus, je vais être incapable de tenir correctement le volant pour la qualif ce soir et la course de demain... du fond de mon lit !
Je préfère laisser ma place libre pour un pilote sur la liste d'attente.

Roulez bien et rendez-vous à Interlagos !
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 9:57

Sorry to hear Yves, get well soon :top:

Yves Minardi is free for this race.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:01

Hope you have a quick recovery Yves !
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:34

Steve Parker wrote:
can only run boost 6-7 with Ligier or will run out of fuel,thats with 215ltr tank,but short shifting will save fuel so will lift and coast so i think everybody will have to turn boost down or risk running it dry :top:

By my calculations I'll be able to do the full GP with a 8 fuel mixture with the same car. Quite strange there scratch I must have miscalculated perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 11:15

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Hello,

Malchance (comme en 2013, il me semble me rappeler) une crève (rhume, toux, mal de tête, etc...) m'est tombé dessus, je vais être incapable de tenir correctement le volant pour la qualif ce soir et la course de demain... du fond de mon lit !
Je préfère laisser ma place libre pour un pilote sur la liste d'attente.

Roulez bien et rendez-vous à Interlagos !

Soignes toi bien Yves.......ça me laisse peut être une chance de me qualifier si ton remplaçant n'est pas trop rapide parce que je ne peux pas faire la deuxième scéance qualif ce soir et j'en reste donc sur un 1'26"600 qui risque d'être un peu juste. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 12:52

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

By my calculations I'll be able to do the full GP with a 8 fuel mixture with the same car. Quite strange there scratch I must have miscalculated perhaps.

i think if we get lapped then 8 will be ok.

And get well soon Yves
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 13:37

ahhh le Greg , il vous fait parler :langue: :langue: :langue:

I hope that HSO  does not use anti cheat, because I installed a 300 L  tank on my car :D :D :D :D

soigne toi bien Yves :drink:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 14:16

Steve Parker wrote:

i think if we get lapped then 8 will be ok.

And as I don't see how I could end in the same lap as the winner no problem then lol!
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:45

Greg Goissen wrote:
ahhh le Greg , il vous fait parler :langue: :langue: :langue:

I hope that HSO  does not use anti cheat, because I installed a 300 L  tank on my car :D :D :D :D

soigne toi bien Yves :drink:

lol! Did you add extra Boost 12 as well :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:49

We have one car open for this race as a one-off, FYI
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next