Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]

Go down 
+40
Richard Wilks
Chris Stephens
Philippe Martinelli
Vincent Beretta
Gianluca Desposito
Arpad Vincze
Axel Putra
Miroslav Havlík
Paulo Rodrigues
Pascal Mikula
Cláudio Augusto
Rossetti Paolo
Alberto Ibañez
Steve Parker
Michal Janak
Jason White
Greg Hunt
François Remmen
Jason Fitch
David Jaques
David Jundt
Yves Plaçais
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Sebastian Vignone
Didier Conjeaud
Emmanuel Haas
Ludovic Tiengou
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Raymond Riddall
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Sky Willis
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Richard Coxon
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:38

Server is now set for qualifying session 1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:51

I am probably worse at setups than you Paulo, don't ask me for one Rolling Eyes

Why didn't you try yourself to qualify though? That's like giving up before the battle has started Shocked

I am too busy getting realfeel installed, but it feels much weirder than just normal ffb settings. Not quite sure what to do with it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:53

David Jundt wrote:
I am probably worse at setups than you Paulo, don't ask me for one Rolling Eyes

Why didn't you try yourself to qualify though? That's like giving up before the battle has started Shocked

I am too busy getting realfeel installed, but it feels much weirder than just normal ffb settings. Not quite sure what to do with it...

What's your wheel? For some Thrustmaster wheels you have specific drivers that, I suppose, make realfeel unnecessary...

Try to qualy? In fact, I have to make a kind of choice. Furthermore, do you know how many laps I done (without reduce the gap)? :doh:

Good luck.

PS: But don't forget, even beeing worse than me, as you said :rigol: , after trying the Fondmetal, if you done a time below 1.29... neverthless, send me your awful setup...

Last edited by Paulo Rodrigues on Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 21:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:59

Still an old G27.

When I raced in 2013, I didn't give these FFB plugins a real try since I didn't quite understand them and how to set them up, which led to worse experiences than with standard FFB.

Well, I don't now either :aie:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 21:06

David Jundt wrote:
Still an old G27.

When I raced in 2013, I didn't give these FFB plugins a real try since I didn't quite understand them and how to set them up, which led to worse experiences than with standard FFB.

Well, I don't now either :aie:

I do understand you, perfectly well... with me was the same.
But that's a good wheel.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 21:13

I am now using V0.936 of RealFeel and the wheel seems to oscillate/vibrate a bit too much when standing and driving.

I did a 1:32 on my only completed lap, but that's about it right now.
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:17

David Jundt wrote:
I am now using V0.936 of RealFeel and the wheel seems to oscillate/vibrate a bit too much when standing and driving.

I did a 1:32 on my only completed lap, but that's about it right now.

Did you change the values in your controller.ini? Are you running just Realfeel or Realfeel + Leo's. I could never get it to work quite right with Leo's FFB so I run just Realfeel.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:25

Got two odd bugs during the session.
On my last attempt, despise having one attempt to do I've got the checkered scratch .
Also at the same time my car was missing its front wing when I get out of my pit Suspect :hum:

Globally, as usual in qualifications. It was just ugly. My teammate manages to do a 295 KPH in top speed when I was 282 Shocked Same car same engine... not the best way to start.
I was also incapable of focusing. I screwed, then, every single attempt.
On my first attempt, I got the first part of the track totally wrong, braking too late too hard. The car was then very unstable as my set is basically oversteering on the brakes. I did also a mistake in the corner before the backstraight. Result 5th slower than my PB but with room to improve.

On the second it was much better at first. I was 3 tenth of second ahead of my time on first partial. Then I miss the reaccelaration after the hairpin follow by a mistake on the corner before the back straight. On the second partial I was 5 tenth slower than my first attempt. Catch some time on the last sector....but not enough.
Then I got a rFactor crash.

Back to the servor but I've loose every bit of concentration I had.
My third attempt was a total missed. I crashed on my exit lap
Fourth attempt was braking errors to braking errors. Try also a stupid thing...a second fast lap on wear tyres. The car becames very slippery and I lost it on the fast corner after the hairpin
On my last attempt I got my two strange bugs.

1.25.9...normally it should be sufficient to clinch a spot. But nothing to be proud of. I could have done much better
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:30

totaly disapointed with my performance, 1s behind PB and lost my last timed lap by crash when i had negative 1st segment

i didnt understand this mod setup , so far from technicaly worse cars makes me sad Crying or Very sad

i will wait to next track if it will be better and then make decision about give up this series (without chance to fgain some points it will be only waste of time) :hum:
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:32

I had no back wing one time straight out of the pits. Wondered why i spun out at t1 until i saw the replay. Weirdly there was a rear wing waiting on the ground next to where i ended up! Laughing

Also about a second of my absolute best. Too tired tonight to concentrate.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:39

Qualifying results from the first session

Session 1 (05/01/17)

As it stands, Emmanuel Haas and Michael Drechsler will fail to make the grid.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 22:42

My friggin' inability to bring it on the point on a hotlap. I was already 1.5 seconds faster today, and my best sectors would take another second off, but as soon as it counts... pale
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 23:25

Richard Coxon wrote:
Qualifying results from the first session

Session 1 (05/01/17)

As it stands, Emmanuel Haas and Michael Drechsler will fail to make the grid.

Some Italian flags missing there for some reason Surprised

Anyway, while there probably are sectors where I could go a bit quicker(S2 is shit), I probably won't go faster with my own setup.

But the issues lie more with my wheel vibrating quite a lot(I only installed Real Feel V0.936) and the car itself suffering from understeering, jumping on some manhole covers&bumps aswell as rather slow steering feedback from input after already understeering, so I can't hit the gas early.

Already have more FW to try and turn the car, it's a bit edgy.

But nice to try, even if it's over 8s off :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 23:34

1 second off my PB, but at least it looks likely I'll make the grid.

I hope to improve on Saturday, but first I'll go and help my teammate to make sure Eddie has two cars in the grid. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 23:38

Is it allowed to cross the yellow pit entrance line? scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2017 - 23:43

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Is it allowed to cross the yellow pit entrance line? scratch

Yes, in a safe manner of course.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 0:12

Realy awesome to see the mod in full glory again after such a long time
and seems they blend in perfectly into the track .... :D :D
cars look even better tho:happy:

and thanks HSO for organize this event :clap: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 0:15

It's great to see so many people turn up for the usually quieter Thursday session.

Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 11:26

About the rules, how many cars on grid? 26cars?
Anyway if for the race someone will not present the last two driver out of the grid will make the race?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 11:36

Everyone who attempted to qualify needs to turn up on Sunday. So that if some of the 26 qualifiers do not show we can quickly replace them with the next non qualifier.

If everyone does show, you will be asked to leave during the warmup.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 13:11

larousse fuel capacity only 190 L Shocked   all others cars min 200 L max 225 L

V8 engine others cars ( min 200 L max 215 L )

Every lap I use mixture map BTW 6 ; 7 ;8 ;9 ; (10 only straight ) and my consommation is 2.44 per lap so

82 X 2.44 : 200.8 L  ( miss 10 Liter )

In 2013 with my  qualif laptimes I Would be in pole position , this year I will start on second row at the best ,  but I think more on the thirt row ...

What i have to do ? made my race on mixture map 1 with 230 235 KMH on the straight line ?  compare to some others group 1 or 2 cars around 275 295 KMH ?

question is , do you want to have some nice races this sesson ?  with some great battles and fight ? nice livestreaming ?  or just a Joke race ?

So it is possible to allow me 10l more on my fuel capacity like minimum all others cars ? it will be kind and that will not change anything for others drivers ?

thanks for  to have read me :hello:  :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 13:27

is it a mistake or did they build a car with a too small fuel tank?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 13:51

Martin and Lorenzo had the exact same fuel tank as you Greg back in 2013. No changes have been made to the mod for this season.
Are you running max revs? If so try lowering them a click or two. Have your tried running it at fuel mixture 5 for a full lap to see what you get per lap, maybe you need to run at a lower mixture for a few laps but then you can push more on the fuel.

The Cosworth engine is one of the best of fuel, so if you are having to lower the mixture, i imagine everyone else will have lower the fuel to at some point.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 14:14

I answered at your questions in my previous  post Richard ....

the big difference btw 2013 and this  year , that it is in 2013 Carlo Pozzi and Martin Audran were on the first row  with 1.22.3 ,  so they had some marge for the race , me no that s all .

end of story , I just asked something. and wanted to have your ( admins ) opinion , so I had .

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2017 - 14:30

From your last post i gathered you are changing the fuel mixture several times a lap. I feel it may be beneficial to you to just keep it at 6 for the whole lap and see how the fuel improves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next