Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)

Go down 
+30
Petr Hlavac
Diego Gallardo
Mike Becnel
James Knowles
David Jaques
François Remmen
David Sabre
Lewis Stephens
Richard Coxon
Peter Blom
Ludovic Tiengou
Bob Holada
Lee Simpson
Raul Jereb
Bob Wilson
Martin Lacina
Jacob Fredriksson
Jan Kowalski
Michael Drechsler
Jukka Närhi
Alberto Ibañez
Pascal Mikula
Abat Hernaez
Juha Bos
Sky Willis
Scott Urick
Michal Janak
Jason Fitch
Dana Schurer
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 15:20

Jason White wrote:
I echo Mr. Remmen's sentiments.  Good luck to you all Smile
Finally get to wear my Schaefer shirt for the Schaefer 500

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Dze85F

Oh noooo Jason, youre a cutie!!!!
:rigol:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 15:41

With that shirt you'll probably be schaefing a few tenths off your lap times. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 17:08

Is there a way to swap from qually boost to race boost level without leaving the server?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 17:12

James Knowles wrote:
Is there a way to swap from qually boost to race boost level without leaving the server?

Afraid not, but don't worry. I will be inputting the qualy results during the warmup so nothing will get lost.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 18:01

Sorry to report that a family obligation might keep me from being back home in time to start at 3P EDT.

If someone needs a car the #98 is available.

If, in the unlikely event that I can make it back in time, and #98 is still available, I will join the action.
Back to top Go down
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 18:57

Flexibility is my motto. I will be at the race!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 19:07

Lee Simpson wrote:
Flexibility is my motto.  I will be at the race!

:top: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:00

Broadcast will start in 3mn. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:05

Broadcast Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSMJrugyJ8
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:07

Ugh great...my rF just crashed. I'll be back instantly! I'm hurrying!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:23

Pranged it when ludovic spun-thought he would spin hi...but he spun low..

Start was a huge mess...
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:28

What an idiot i'm. You would not belive. During the warmup i tried to adjust the keys for movement in pit menu on my shifter and i didn notice that i unadjust my 4th gear of my shifter. So after start when i shift to the 4th gear i blewed my engine because the 4th gear was unadjusted. I dont belive what type of stupid mistake im able to do during this season. Heh. :doh:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:31

No preparation, still a painfull foot, a computer getting mad with erratic freeze. The race was going to be very painfull. But thankfully it was very short

The car received damage in front wing (don't know why). While I was trying to say the crew to not repair anything, I miss the corner and hit the wall on turn one. My car was out of control then and spinned. Get hit by another car and issued a huge crash. Left rear wheel gone, engine out. Sorry for the poor chaps got caught in my dumb mistake Embarassed

Should have been better not participate I think pale

Well the summer break arrives. Time to think about continuing or leaving the serie. The Chevy is totally uncompetitive in my hands and I'm getting less and less pleasure driving those cars.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:39

A race to forget. I spun during a lap behind the pace because I knocked the car into first gear and had to pit.

Of course, I pitted at the wrong time, got a drive through and despite 5 or 6 attempts the penalty wouldn't go away and I got a DQ.

My apologies to Bob Wilson as I think I ruined his race with my accident.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:43

The first pitstop, stop the car ok when time comes to leave the pit I get a massive lag which then blows the engine. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:45

What a fu**g mess of a game, as the race started I inmediately got a message about being at the wrong position, and Alan Foster being DQ, I had to wait to let someone pass me till I saw the yellow marker, then I start and it gives me a end of the line penalty, get rolling ... and get a stop and go Shocked , then try to serve it two times to no avail. Finally get going and start recovering positions, then I stop under yellow and the crew does not refuel me :doh: so I have to come in again. At that point it tells me I pitted when not allowed (Why? No yellow at all we were racing again!) and gives me another penalty. That was too much and I quit.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:51

I thought pit lane is closed for the first lap when there is a full course yellow? All cars went in then, so i went to the pit when green was waved :doh:  . My pit crew were at another spot than in warm up, so i missed my crew. Done something what i should have never do: reversing in pits. I hit someone i think, hopefully no damage for you.
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:03

Juha Bos wrote:
A race to forget. I spun during a lap behind the pace because I knocked the car into first gear and had to pit.

Of course, I pitted at the wrong time, got a drive through and despite 5 or 6 attempts the penalty wouldn't go away and I got a DQ.

My apologies to Bob Wilson as I think I ruined his race with my accident.

Hey Juha, those  things happen, no need to apologize...I guess I entered a closed pit with my right front damaged and I was given a drive through which I acknowledged the next lap. Lots of confusion..I made a drive through, a stop and go and the red arrows were still on my screen...I was then DQ'd. Mad  

My shift lever spring broke as we were exiting turn 3 for the start..instead of shifting into 3rd, it went into 1st and locked the rear end causing me to spin onto the grass.Embarassed Oh well, two starts, two DNF's.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:19

Now that was a race to forget once more. Quali was okay, 20th time and 19th on the grid, a bit of a chaotic start, but I could find a decent rhythm. What didn't really help was my GID calling it a day on the second attempt of starting, showing only my lap times and splits. It was somewhat confusing at first to have a dead speedo in front of me, but I could adapt to it after a while.

In the end, all went downhill when I prepared for my first pit stop. Just the moment I was about to roll into the pitlane, a yellow was dropped, so keeping in mind one shouldn't pit right away when yellow is called, I did another lap, arriving at the pits on fumes. In that process I overtook the guy in front of me while under yellow and received a stop and go penalty. To add insult to injury, someone else was standing right on my pit spot, which I hit in the back, cos I was a bit late on the brakes, and damaged my car. And had to wait until he moved out of the pits, which cost me a lot of time. Furthermore, green was dropped while I approached the pits, so I lost a lap right away, and sitting off my penalty added another one. Instead of 11th, when I joined the pits, I came back to track in 16th. I gained two positions, when the guys in front of me made their second round of pit stops, but trying to gain some time on one of the Greene's, my rear got a bit loose in T3. The first time, I could correct it, but the second time, I lost the car, slid into the pit lane and crashed very hard. End of my day Crying or Very sad

To bad, because this time, I felt really comfortable with the car. Dunno, lately, I'm kinda hitting a bit of a wall, failing to finish most of my races... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:26

Really pee'd off with this game now, to the point I'm not sure I want to play it anymore. :bangry:

As we were going into turn 3 on the parade lap I'll cycle through my HUD to bring up the tyre temps and see that all 4 corners of my car have yellow suspension damage scratch So I was being careful because I wasn't sure how the car would behave, after the first safety car on lap 1 I dropped back to 5th to try to get used to the evil handling car (and 5mph slower in straights), I then followed Mike into the pits on the next safety car period but get a drive through pen. After that was just trying to finish as the car was 0.5s+ a lap slower than it should of been and sliding all over the place but lost it going into the tunnel turn right in front of one of the Greene's so sorry about that was trying to be really careful around other cars too pale
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:28

Alan were you DQed at the start? My HUD showed you as DQ as soon as the grid started, and I started getting weird messages to change my position behind other cars (The car I was supposed to stay behind cycled widly and with no apparent logic).
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:40

I'd like to thank my sponsor. And a big shout out to Jason for getting me a terrific setup when my own chief mechanic was clueless about how to get the 70 eagle up to speed.
I had some bad moves at the start. I knew I was suppose to ignore the messages from the server. But they did distract me. I found myself going to slow, when I sped up I caught the field but rear ended the car in front of me. In so doing I must have messed my front wing up because at T1 under green the car heads right for the wall. Race over. I am very sorry to who ever it was I rear ended.

Bob Holada
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:46

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Alan were you DQed at the start? My HUD showed you as DQ as soon as the grid started, and I started getting weird messages to change my position behind other cars (The car I was supposed to stay behind cycled widly and with no apparent logic).

Nope, think some sort of weird glitch must of happened at the start as my car must of started damaged Question
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 22:26

My most sincere apologies to Mr. Jason White for the punt coming out of T2! :doh: Especially since I was a lap down! I was seriously contemplating withdrawing out of guilt when my car quit at start/finish. The crew once again failed to fuel me under the previous yellow. That's instant karma!

Qualified well and was ready for a long race. Got a stop-n-go on the start along with Alberto. Had to wait to serve it until the first yellow cleared. Barely missed big wreck in T3 coming to the green at the end of that one.

Served my penalty and came back out half a lap behind the field. Clear track, clean running and with help of more yellows, caught the back of the field. Somewhere between laps 10 and 15 clapped the wall outside of T2 avoiding a dive bomber. And, yes, it IS dive bombing when get passed then drive way past your braking point to jam it inside of a car you already know is 10mph faster through that corner than you are. And, yes, I hit you in the ass after hitting wall because I was still 20mph faster than you while you tried to save your car!

Nursed the car to lap 25 with the damage. Got yellow exactly when I needed it. Dove into the pits early to fix the damage. I got caught a lap down. Laps 26 to 50 were very clean. I fought my way up into the top 10. Good pit stop under green.

By lap 75, I'm up to 8th and need to pit again. Yellow flag. Great. Dive in early. But I didn't check the fuel. The setup was spec'ed to give me full fuel for eight stops, but I guess the crew decided not to.

Green flag! Pick around a couple lapped cars and find myself right behind Jason White, the first car I need to get a lap back from. We both get a good run into T2. I've been faster than the Parnelli's all day so I'm setting up for a slipstream down the short chute to T3. And I didn't see the log jam in front of Jason. I slam right into his gear box. Ignorant, stupid rookie mistake! Totally my fault.

I get back around to the front straight and the car runs out of gas. End of the day.

Jason, I hope I didn't mess you up too bad, but I damned sure know I didn't help!

But I did get further than my first two attempts. That's some kind of half-assed progress. I'll try it again, if I heal from the beating I'm gonna get in Jason's garage after the race.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 23:00

I had no problems with the game as such, but I didn't have a good race anyway. Driving my heart out battling for 12th when I spun for the 3rd time with about 20 to go, this time fatally for my car. Got the car running quite good, much better than at Indianapolis, but little things, wall scrapes and badly timed cautions meant I was many laps down. Bummed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)   Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Pocono (Jul 17th)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next