Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Carburetion Day" (May 18th)

Go down 
+21
Ben Paulet
Mick Chapman
Peter Blom
Raul Jereb
Ludovic Tiengou
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Michael Drechsler
Yves Plaçais
Michal Janak
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Jan Kowalski
James Knowles
Richard Coxon
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Alberto Ibañez
Juha Bos
Jason White
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

"Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:12

François Remmen wrote:
3 wide well ask Mike:D  , cant help it sometimes It's  my nature of driving abit spectacular, or some will say more dangerous /risky :rigol:

You can help it. Just use a bit of common sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:24

:chinois:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:34

Sometimes I wish there was a plug in that linked the PC via cable with the testicles and gave an electric shock everytime the user does a silly maneuver drunken Would be mandatory in this league from minute 1  :regl:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:46

François Remmen wrote:
3 wide well ask Mike:D  , cant help it sometimes It's  my nature of driving abit spectacular, or some will say more dangerous /risky :rigol:
Some could say stupid too.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:54

Another thing I would point out.  I've seen some of us trying to go on the outside when a car ahead is driving a middle line on a straight. This is a very bad idea, as Takuma Sato illustrated in the 2015 race. The car ahead inevitably needs to fade to the outside to get a good arc into the corner, and you will get squeezed against the wall.  Granted, the turns in 2015 were a bit narrower, but in principle it's still a bad idea.

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 16:05

Good example, Jason. I sat right above where Sato hit the wall there! I remember following his car with my eyes from the middle of turn 1, that crash was so predictable! Point that could be made for us, is that passing on the outside exiting corners are just as risky/stupid as divebombing on the inside going into the corners.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 16:18

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
François Remmen wrote:

as in f1 should be the same rule applied  when a overtake takes place , i mean it has to be done with showing the nose and wheel in the normal mirror so the driver who get passed steps abit of the throttle , cause he is simply beaten.
but if you dont see the the car then for many drivers ( like me ) they will take there line , if you want to called it SLAM THE DOOR i think its abit out of common but then its up to the overtaker to have a collision or not.

There is nothing like "slamming the door" or "not seen in the mirrors" here. You can check how many and how varied the mirrors in the cars were in real life, and that is because you really want to be aware of what is going on around you. Even NASCAR have special mirrors with three partitions to be sure they see 180º behind the driver.

At the speeds we are going and with turns being so open, you can't shut the door when a car is commited to a pass, even if he is behind you and not his nose on your left side. You must block by low lining, not by squeezing the other car against the inside.

Believe me, it can be done, it is not difficult and it is very fun. Dana and me had some very good and clean trading positions yesterday. All you need is trust and common sense.

I watched you battle only not good moment was in lap 11 when one of 3 front racer changed race line so unpolitely and from my point of view dangerously , the battle except this moment was great to watch
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 17:23

Juha Bos wrote:
Anyone up for some more practice tomorrow night? Not the starting but, just generally driving among traffic.

I will join to you. I will be on the server after 20:00
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 17:31

I'll try to run some more tonight too.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 17:50

I will try but about approx 21:00
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 18:50

Michal Janak wrote:
I watched you battle only not good moment was in lap 11 when one of 3 front racer changed race line so unpolitely and from my point of view dangerously , the battle except this moment was great to watch [/quote]

thats pretty human for a "stupid" driver lol!
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 19:44

ill be there 21.30 CET
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 21:05

Good crowd tonight too, come on in!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 21:09

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

I hate that I am six hours behind all of you Sad I need to move to Europe.
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 22:09

Jason White wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

I hate that I am six hours behind all of you Sad  I need to move to Europe.

Very Happy Monaco is nice...
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 0:52

Francois, the area below the track does not count as 3 wide. I was diving out of the way of you and whoever you were mating with. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 7:42

Jason White wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

I hate that I am six hours behind all of you Sad  I need to move to Europe.
Still some weeks to wait, and you will be there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 11:45

One question to what is the right rule. When i see the start during Carburetions day i was surprised that the front row approach the line before the safety car but im not sure a was too far. Is this correct? I thought that driver must wait and havent to be faster than pace car.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 12:04

You can't overtake the SC, but as he pulls into the pits and is already left of the white line, it is officially gone and the front row can start picking speed for the green. It's a bit a peculiarity of the configuration of the Indy pit entry in the 70s.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 13:55

And how it is in nascar?? Because i remember when i tried in the past some races there was disqualification for overtaking pace car also when it was already in the pitlane. After the pace car cross the line race begins.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 14:00

When the AI controls the SC it might act differently, plus I'm not sure what the NASCAR rules are in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 19:47

In NASCAR you're supposed to maintain the Pace Speed until the Green is thrown.

In IndyCar you can begin accelerating once the Pace Car is off the track. Scott Goodyear can tell you all about that part.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016 - 19:49

Jason Fitch wrote:

In NASCAR you're supposed to maintain the Pace Speed until the Green is thrown.

In IndyCar you can begin accelerating once the Pace Car is off the track. Scott Goodyear can tell you all about that part.

Once Ben has left the track, the field is under the control of Alan. He sets the pace until "GREEN FLAG" appears in chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Carburetion Day" (May 18th)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4