Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Carburetion Day" (May 18th)

Go down 
+21
Ben Paulet
Mick Chapman
Peter Blom
Raul Jereb
Ludovic Tiengou
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Michael Drechsler
Yves Plaçais
Michal Janak
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Jan Kowalski
James Knowles
Richard Coxon
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Alberto Ibañez
Juha Bos
Jason White
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

"Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 22:04

found 2 problems right after Q run on sunday when server was 1st time restarted i saw 1st time mismatch with my car and today again but once before 1st race not, upgrades FF on 4, wing stagger medium, Engine on 90inch and chasis superspeedway (1st choice)

and 2nd with 3 cars (both Parnellis and Hason White) appeared as TEMP after errors on loading

there was 3 errors : First was
---------------------------
gMotor 2 Error
Error loading texture t192_cube for material WCHELMET
OK
and after this 2nd Error again ending WCHelmet, no such files i found on downloaded install files
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 22:07

I just logged in with the Roy Woods car no problem, so it has to be on your end.  Maybe a conflicting mod?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 22:09

Jason White wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:
Rfactor crashed trying to load a car getting into the server. So much for practice then. Evil or Very Mad

Sounds like you need to turn your graphics down.  This track is very FPS heavy.

I found the problem (and it's obviously my own fault). I made a new RF install, but after posting I realised I'd forgotten the 4GB patch. The crash didn't occur before because there were only 10 cars on track each time I was on the server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 22:19

Jason White wrote:
I just logged in with the Roy Woods car no problem, so it has to be on your end.  Maybe a conflicting mod?

2nd Error is

Error loading global material WCHELMET

I deleted old istalation of mod and did fresh from files here on 1st post of rules , in these files aren't these files, where to look to solve this and where is problem with mismatch?
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 22:24

Michal Janak wrote:
Jason White wrote:

2nd Error is

Error loading global material  WCHELMET

I deleted old istalation of mod and did fresh from files here on 1st post of rules , in these files aren't these files,  where to look to solve this   and where is problem with mismatch?

are you sure you are running the game in DX9?
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 23:11

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
Jason White wrote:

2nd Error is

Error loading global material  WCHELMET

I deleted old istalation of mod and did fresh from files here on 1st post of rules , in these files aren't these files,  where to look to solve this   and where is problem with mismatch?

are you sure you are running the game in DX9?

No, i was on DX8 for FPS on my ol PC, tryed DX9 now for replay and cars are OK
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 23:47

wanne make some things clear
like last year we had also many wild driving on this day but the race we all got back in order and just race accidents happens.

now to clearify and specialy to Richard
as in f1 should be the same rule applied  when a overtake takes place , i mean it has to be done with showing the nose and wheel in the normal mirror so the driver who get passed steps abit of the throttle , cause he is simply beaten.
but if you dont see the the car then for many drivers ( like me ) they will take there line , if you want to called it SLAM THE DOOR i think its abit out of common but then its up to the overtaker to have a collision or not.
Nobody have the intention to shut the door, i prefer hold the line, by causing damage , and ruin the race in the pit to loose valuable seconds for that and specialy here with this mod its so hard to make the right decision in splitseconds on such high speeds , but most of you guys are welknown some not and can automaticly feel what the other guy will do

think its good to see how we do tomorrow and lets see how to understand eachother on track
also by far this is one of the hardest mods to drive at full speed in a close pack with wolfs hunting there pray!

hell did i wrote this  :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 23:52

You can't compare overtaking in F1 and overtaking on and oval in a USAC car as it is 2 completely different things.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 7:15

Francois, yesterday we had a couple of battle. In first of them you shut the door inconsideratelly when a was next to you and we had a collision. After that we have a discussion about it in the chatroom. Next time when i tried the same things during the 20min race you did the similar think. Dont understand why. If i have a battle with anybody else i have no problem but your behaviour on the track is very dangerous. You must be aware that the indy is a long race where overtaking is a normal think. When you lost the position you can take it back in next corner easilly. One question to the end. Do you have turn on the spotter? He tell you during the battle the actual situation around you so when he tell you "car inside or car outside" so that means there is no room to shut the door. The spotter see better than you through the mirrors where the car around you is.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 7:27

Juha Bos wrote:
Anyone up for some more practice tomorrow night? Not the starting but, just generally driving among traffic.

Count me in.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 8:18

François Remmen wrote:

as in f1 should be the same rule applied  when a overtake takes place , i mean it has to be done with showing the nose and wheel in the normal mirror so the driver who get passed steps abit of the throttle , cause he is simply beaten.
but if you dont see the the car then for many drivers ( like me ) they will take there line , if you want to called it SLAM THE DOOR i think its abit out of common but then its up to the overtaker to have a collision or not.

There is nothing like "slamming the door" or "not seen in the mirrors" here. You can check how many and how varied the mirrors in the cars were in real life, and that is because you really want to be aware of what is going on around you. Even NASCAR have special mirrors with three partitions to be sure they see 180º behind the driver.

At the speeds we are going and with turns being so open, you can't shut the door when a car is commited to a pass, even if he is behind you and not his nose on your left side. You must block by low lining, not by squeezing the other car against the inside.

Believe me, it can be done, it is not difficult and it is very fun. Dana and me had some very good and clean trading positions yesterday. All you need is trust and common sense.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 9:07

Give and take.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 12:51

i dont have and never ( except one ocasion) put somebody out on purpose
im more like have it you're way to decide as i did in real karting and private racing at zandvoort :hihi:
but maybe its time to let people know im doing my whole rfactor career with a joypad ( rumblepad ) and simply cant press the left and right buttons to look cause then and specialy with these indy cars i will automaticly weave hard to the left without controlling the steering stick ( and no i wont buy a wheel , why, cause I'm racing at my office desk at home , ant gonna re build or store it daily)
anyway i will do my best as always and try to entertaining most chaps here who apreciate it.
think there is nothing wrong with chasing a guy/girl from you know its not a walk in a park to get by
thats racing !

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 13:01

François Remmen wrote:
but maybe its time to let people know im doing  my  whole rfactor career with a joypad ( rumblepad ) and simply cant press the left and right buttons to look cause then and specialy with these indy cars i will automaticly weave hard to the left without controlling the steering stick ( and no i wont buy a wheel , why, cause I'm racing at my office desk at home , ant gonna re build or store it daily)

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 13:15

Its nothing to do with what you use to race. I know plenty of PC sim racers who use a controller, some are very good.

You just need to use your mirrors, virtual mainly which you have turned on which is great, and your spotter.

Intact, everyone should be using virtual mirrors, if your not, turn them on.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 13:29

François, at one point yesterday I saw you try to go three-wide into turn 3 with you in the middle.  At Texas World or Michigan that has a chance of working, but at Indy, 99 times out of 100 it will not end well.  Indy is a one groove race track in the turns, and two-wide is the best you can hope for. Three-wide is not feasible in a race scenario, only in the pace laps.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 13:31

Quote :
Intact, everyone should be using virtual mirrors, if your not, turn them on.

Yeah no shame on that, as the game ones wont give you the resolution that the real ones had. So you compensate a game limitation instead of getting an irrealistic advantage. Plus if you had driven the real cars you would have been welcomed to install high ones, so no harm done there Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 13:55

Francois if your spotter details are not set to FULL set them to FULL. as soon as anyone gets close to tour side it ill go off.

Still LOLing at the pic Richard posted. Aren't the details great? Look at that fine mesh on the exhaust just before you ate it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 14:27

Ok, I need a little setup hint.

Im using Albertos setup as basis, even, I changed very little things, added one click front wing, and stiffened left rear spring on 49 and softened rar right for one (I dont know exactly what the value is)
I lowerd the preasure of the rear right tyre for few clicks.

After few laps, when tyres are warm enough, and the grip is in its best, I start to loose rear end uppon exiting corers, while applying throttle (full throttle). My rear just starts to push my front to the left and tryes to overtake me, which obviously ends in the inner wall...

I guess that in the very first laps, while tyres are not heated up, they just spin without pushing the car. I have no problem in following the cars in front, and Im pretty confident with the car overall, but it bothers me I cant push enough on the exit (expecialy T2/4) and I just loose the benefit of the car in front of me...

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 14:46

You might have too much wing. Anyway, add some rear rebound and some front anti roll bar and see if it gets better.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 14:48

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
You might have too much wing. Anyway, add some rear rebound and some front anti roll bar and see if it gets better.

thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 14:57

Perhaps a bit of advise to the Offy drivers when you arrives on a Foyt/Chevy car.
I've see many of you trying dangerous overtake on slower car in corner 1 or 3.
Don't do it. You're just taking a big risk both to you and us. Just be patient. Your car run at least 20 km/h faster than ours. So focus on your exit trajectory in corners 2 or 4. Follow us and use the slipstream. None of us could match you in the straight. It's a safe overtake to everyone.
There you'll never had the impression we just dive in the corner and slam the door to you.

My two cents though
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 14:58

I would add to what Ludovic said that the Coyote Mk4 tends to bog down in the short chutes, so passing there is not a good idea. Best to wait for a long straight and do a slingshot.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:04

Yup, like what I said yesterday. My car is so tight, so making it worthwhile in the corners would mean taking way too much rear wing to get a decent lap time. I instead have gone for straight line speed. I'm slower in the corners, but very stable, so it is not that I am hanging on for dear life. It is just that my car has way different character than most others. I am probably the fastest car at the end of the straight, but if someone gets a good draft on me into turns 1 and 3, I won't make life difficult for you (at least in a lapping situation). But life may be hard if anyone tries to divebomb in turns 2 and 4 (which I think is what Ludo is saying).

Race is 200 laps long, to finish first first you have to finish, bla bla bla...

Fuel mileage will be funny also. Just because someone may be lapping me doesn't mean that that car has an advantage on me. Will be lots of fun this!
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016 - 15:08

what kind of fov you guys use, im used to use pretty low around 45
was the best for 91HE where it all started for me 8 years ago

and yes im using full spectators but i need to think abit diffeernt in these indy races i quess
well its not my first indy other years there were no such things at all ( or other racers didn't find it a big deal ) its just getting used to it again

3 wide well ask Mike:D  , cant help it sometimes It's  my nature of driving abit spectacular, or some will say more dangerous /risky :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Carburetion Day" (May 18th)   "Carburetion Day" (May 18th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Carburetion Day" (May 18th)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next