Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]

Go down 
+16
Ben Paulet
Jose Berenguer
Alberto Ibañez
Mick Chapman
Pascal Jostarndt
Pascal Mikula
Jim Pappas
Dave Simmons
Matthias Weber
Patrice Gibelin
Didier Conjeaud
Yves Plaçais
Dylan Canton
Jan Kowalski
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 8:52

Night races... affraid
The firsts turns seemed to have surprise everyone. It was disturbing to find the good braking points after a day practice. SI could avoid by chance some wrecked cars.
I got some good fights in the both races, with Didier, Alan, Richard.:yaa: :conduit:
In the second race, I caught a podium, it's rather rare, and it made me happy. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 9:24

Had two fantastic starts / first laps, but just very disappointing to see, that the Sierra is just not competitive... (Peter is no sleepyhead, either).
Had a good feeling for the car, thought that track would fit better - but yeah, 400 hp and still getting overtaken on the long straight like a "GP2 Engine". 200kg more mass is just to much.

Now I know why no one chose that car at registration first...

So at the end I got my maximum and made some points to strengthen 3rd place in the championship.

Sometimes 4th places feel like a victory, this time it's the opposite.

@Ben, auto director plug-in worked well last night, sadly the second stream is a little bit stuttering in the middle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 9:37

Curious that it was the second broadcast who stuttered. I decrease the number of visible headlight from 12 to 6. I made that change between the both races, because the little gpu of my gf seemed to be at his max in the first race.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 10:02

Ben Paulet wrote:
Curious that it was the second broadcast who stuttered. I decrease the number of visible headlight from 12 to 6. I made that change between the both races, because the little gpu of my gf seemed to be at his max in the first race.

The first one had lower fps, second one was better, but picture seemed to "hang" sometimes while sound was running fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Peter Lengyel
Club Driver

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 11:19

Well, had no time to practice. Busy days. Big thank you to Matthias for the set.

Qualifying went okay, could have been better with 2-3 tenths of a second, but it wouldn't have change my starting place.

Race, really bad start (not used to the extra long first gear :D) + first lap chaos on both (furthermore I will just call it FLC), on Race 1 caused by me as well then catching up with Matthias. I let David to go by, felt no point fighting agains the Alfa, I really concentrated to get Matthias, I managed it, and I knew the overtaking would happen only if he made a mistake. He did not.

Race 2, really bad start + FLC, and no chance. The car's behaviour was felt to be different, however, I only changed the fuel amount. It drifted too easily. But I enjoyed the races, this track is a really enjoyable one.

Thank you HSO! Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 11:43

was quite a fun night:

R1 went pretty well, managed to survive my way thru the chaos of cars, found myself in 10th position and just went into 'take it easy' mode. in the end got 2 free positions from Richard C DNF-ing and Raul spinning. happy with a 8th place

R2 i was furious at the start, you guys reset the field while i was gone turning down my graphics so i had to start last! so maximum attack it was, which meant at least 3 spins or almost spins and 2 times out-braking myself, almost bumping into the leaders on accident while not paying enough attention with rejoining (sorry). have to give a compliment to all A2 drivers for letting me pass with out that much trouble (something that didn't really happen in the last 3 rounds i entered) in the end managed to get 12th so i can't complain that much...

Next time please pay more attention when setting positions for race 2, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 11:59

The grid was set in the usual procedure. It is not our fault you chose to wait until near the end of the session to go and change your settings. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 17:16

Alan Forster wrote:
Sorry for spinning into you Phillippe in race 2 Embarassed Embarassed Good battle other than that.

Pas de problème Alan et merci à toi pour les bagarres d'hier soir et des courses précédentes où on se retrouve souvent et c'est très sympa :top:

Difficile pour les yeux les courses de nuit, mais c'est assez immersif. En revanche j'avais pas mal de lag à certains endroits du circuit...

Il y a quelques choses à faire pour voir les couleurs de la Maserati de nuit?

Bravo aux vainqueurs et merci HSO Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2016 - 19:20

I should be overjoyed for getting 2nd in R1 but the R2 caffuffle just took all the enjoyment out of the event...

In Qualifying I set a PB by a long margin to then see first Jose fly by, which I expected, and to then see David beat it by miles (which I sort of expected) and then saw a further few guys fly by my PB which was very frustrating as I had no chance of beating my time as it was a fluke lap...

When the Race got underway I managed to get a resonable start, was not a good one but good enough. Got by a couple and then tried to sneak around the outside of Richard, thought I left enough room but we made some contact which unsettled Richard, sorry for that.

And then I got hit in the side when Peter had his issues which lost me a position to Matthias.

Set off after Matthias but he had way more pace early in the race so tried to settle into my own pace and stay off misstakes and try to find speed progressively. Managed to close in when the tires were starting to get slightly worn and I found the last corner section to be really good for the Alfa compared to the Ford.

Finally got up to Matthias and he kindly didn't put up much of a fight for 2nd (thank you very much for that) and I then managed to gap both him and David who had caught up to us after his L1 situation.

In the end managed to hold David off when Lappers came into the frame, great job by everyone to be clear when and how they wanted us to get by Smile

Race2 and I had better start this time around and was 1st into T1.

Had as a goal to lead the opening lap and then see what would happen but Jose had so, so much pace in that Beemer that I had no chance, he outpaced me on the straights, into the corner, into the corner and out of the corner so I dropped behind him and made a slight misstake when trying to stay ahead at the hairpin. And then I sadly got hit in the rear, not sure if I was slower than I should have been but I broke where I'd been braking the whole previous race... scratch

With the rear end damaged the car became close to impossible to drive. Had to work my a** off to just have the pace to keep up with Matthias.

All in all a successful event though for the Alfas but personally I feel very dissapointed. And it was really unfortunate that the Qually wasn't in the Dark, I almost hit my PB on the race setup, was a tenth off, for some reason I drive faster in the dark than in the day :doh:

See you all next event, I hope that it'll be another good one for the Alfas.

Thank you to everyone I had battles with and the organization for putting these races up for us to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]   Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Misano (Night) - Misano [March 23rd]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2