Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPL - WOW!!!!

Go down 
+3
Frank Verplanken
Ludovic Tiengou
Franz Brink
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-11

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 13:09

So now I´m also hooked up on this. A bit late. Have 10 years to catch, but better late the impotent. Will edit this later, with a more detailed reveiw. First one question; is this as good graphics as you can get or can I improve it somehow?

GPL - WOW!!!! Fbtest10
http://brinks.se/images/FBtest.jpg
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 16:43

The main reason why I didn´t get into simracing earlier is probably because I allways been a MAC-user, but then BootCamp opened the door into Windows and the worlds of gaming. Then I saw swedish racingdriver Alx Danielsson practice on a BRD-simulator and I started digging and found rFactor.
Well that was a year ago and being introduced to the simracingcommunity, Grand Prix Legends allways came up, as something like a mantra (not the car, dummy!). I tried a couple of times getting it installed on my iMac and it worked, but never to the perfection that I could get the real GPL-sensation. That I got last night!!!
I took my "brother" Franks advise and used the GPLPS installer and sat down and waited. Yes, I had bought my copy of GPL CD from SoldOut for £4.99. Then there was the problem of getting the G25 shifter working, the sound being tolerable and getting fullscreenmode on my iMac 24-inch. This is how I did:

1. Patched the GPLshifter that allready was installed via GPLPS
2. Set the internal Realtek soundcard-setting to Normal = 1 notch IMPORTANT!!!
3. In Core.ini set Fullscreenmode to 1 = yes

Here is my first race-attempt using Fraps that consumes loads of FPS in GPL, so the sound is 20 sec off sync, but you get the general ideea. Is the graphics as good as you can get in GPL and is the sound OK???

http://brinks.se/images/FBfraps36.wmv

During my first year I´ve tested every racing-sim worth naming; rFactor, LFS, Race07/EVO/STCC, NetKar, GTL, GTR2, GP4..... Lately I´m mostly into iRacing and maybe this is like swearing in church on this forum, but I love it and think it´s worth every penny, kopek and krona. Also since last night I now realize where it got it´s roots and it bare all the signums of Dave Kaemer and GPL. Also I see why you veterans are that bloody fast and I have to spend at least 10.000 hours on GPL and iRacing before I catch up with you.

Last edited by Franz Brink on Fri 22 May 2009 - 17:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 16:47

New rastersizer have been released some time ago. It enhance the graphic. But it's not really used in leagues as it seems to be unstable online (well this patch is on my computer)
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 16:51

Great to see you on GPL Franz Smile . About graphics I'm not the best expert around as I don't mind not having the latest updates - 1) I'm lazy 2) my theory is that the lesser update you have, the lesser bugs you have :D ! All I can say is that your graphics are at least as good as mine, even probably better in the cockpit area. I'm sure some of our experts will answer you with more precision on this !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 16:52

Arg an iRacket screenshot on this forum affraid :D
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 16:52

Ludo - I think you are mixing up the new rasterizers and the 60fps patch Wink .
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 17:33

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Ludo - I think you are mixing up the new rasterizers and the 60fps patch Wink .

perhaps...it's a long time since I drive GPL
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 17:35

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Arg an iRacket screenshot on this forum affraid :D

Sorry!!

Promise never again to mention anything begining with iiiiiiii....
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 17:41

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 22:33

OK! This was fun. Great fun and great for practice, but too unstable and too bad graphics for my eyes to go onlie and race.
Probably due to that x-thing, so X´m back to my xRacing, which xs much more userfriendly for a stupid apple-sucker like me.
But X got xt working and X will go back and use xt several times, because xt takes such skill to handle these cars that xt xmproves my overall simracing.

And yes Frank Frans got all the mods working by using GEM+ 2.5.26.

Questions Frans still looking for ansers to:

1. Can Frans get better graphics???
2. GPL allways crasches when driving to pits.
3. What´s all those carsets; GPL65FD, FG, 67FL and so on.....

BTW. Here is my previous GPL-test, just for you Guillaume.

http://www.screencast.com/users/knirb/folders/Jing/media/a4f9d9bc-d9ac-4815-b77f-38f15a67e816
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 22:51

LMAO Franz !

About your questions :

1. Can Frans get better graphics yes, many sites have updates, here are a couple : F1Legends (in French tho) and GPLEA
2. GPL allways crasches when driving to pits. I have the same bug. Only remedy I know of is that once you went back to the pits on a given track and get the bug, it won't happen again untill you leave the game... For online races I have to do a blank lap just to activate that bug and proceed with my qualifying normally...
3. What´s all those carsets; GPL65FD, FG, 67FL and so on..... All the alternative carsets try to recreate the F2 and F3 cars. The original GPL modders wanted to do them proper, but lack of time meant this transformed into the infamous Basic and Advanced training cars.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009 - 22:53

:rigol:

Yeh sure the Xthing is probably more user friendly than GPL but also more mastercard-friendly and user-boring :langue:

About graphics, I dont think you cant get something better than your first screenshots. Your pits crashes are very strange, never heard about that before.

Carsets are some kinds of mods in the mods, they allow you to changes engines and physics. Frank knows them better than me Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel Castevert
Club Driver
Daniel Castevert

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-12-07

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 11:57

J'ai fais une 2eme install de GPL avec GPL_2004_Demo , pouvez vous me dire comment avoir les infos de la vue F10 (tours minutes, km/h..etc..) avec la vue cokpit Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:03

Tu les obtient en utilisant GPL Display Modifier Wink .
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:06

Daniel Castevert wrote:
J'ai fais une 2eme install de GPL avec GPL_2004_Demo , pouvez vous me dire comment avoir les infos de la vue F10 (tours minutes, km/h..etc..) avec la vue cokpit Rolling Eyes

Fraaaank!!!!!!!!!!!????
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:08

Very Happy 8)
Nice utility GPL Display Modifier - it gives you in the cockpit view (arguably the only view a real simracer uses :D ) the informations you get with the outside view : gear, rpms, speed, fuel gauge and engine temperature :top: .
Back to top Go down
Daniel Castevert
Club Driver
Daniel Castevert

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-12-07

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:34

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Tu les obtient en utilisant GPL Display Modifier Wink .
Merci Frank :top:
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:38

Not that Frank, you stupid senile fool. I ment the thing that Daniel wrote.

Last edited by Franz Brink on Sat 23 May 2009 - 12:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:42

lol! That's what Daniel wanted to know, where to get the addon pig . Me, senile :D ?
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:46

Why does everybody write in Danish here? I thought this was a Swedish forum! Btw Frank Verplanken - who is that?

Last edited by Franz Brink on Sat 23 May 2009 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:47

The only Swedish words I know : "LYCKA TILL STEFAN" \o/ !
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:53

Frank Verplanken wrote:
The only Swedish words I know : "LYCKA TILL STEFAN" \o/ !

Make that Lycka till Franz and I'll buy you lunch.
Have to quit this nonsen and go and take my medicine before I'm bannened from this great league!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 12:59

LOOL ! Nah, vi älskar dig Franz, so we will never ban you you know Very Happy :frank: ... but yes please do take your pills... especially the anti-iracket ones lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 15:04

This discussion here is the weirdest thing I've ever seen scratch
Back to top Go down
Franz Brink
Club Driver
Franz Brink

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 15:25

As I started this, but had no intention to hurt or offend anyone, I have to make one thing clear. I don´t know you or under what circumstances you live, Tiago. But I can tell you my life is HELL and has been for 10 years. I you want any details, I can send you a PM, but....
In order to survive I have to make jokes.
Forgive me for letting this take place in this forum and like I said it wont happen again.

FB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GPL - WOW!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPL - WOW!!!!   GPL - WOW!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPL - WOW!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: