Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]

Go down 
+34
Thomas Gatschnegg
Alex Barresi
Lan Weingerl
Joshua Anderson
Cyril Derkir
Ben Paulet
Pascal Le pihive
Greg Hunt
Florkin Marc
Jens Kraft
Guillaume Siebert
Leo Menegucci
Austin Johnson
Angelo dos Santos
Carl Larrad
Gérard Ryon
Frank Verplanken
Matthew Allington
François Remmen
Mike Becnel
Jean-François Bovy
Richard Coxon
Vadim Taciak
Karel Marciniszyn
Yannick Lampure
Patrick Marucco
Yves Plaçais
Vincent Beretta
Jukka Närhi
Jean-louis Petillot
Joel Sixou
Peter Blom
Jason White
Martin Audran
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 2:58

je vois qu il y en a,  dont le passage a la nouvelle année ne leur a pas permi d arreter ou du moins de diminuer le nombre de conneries qu ils peuvent déblatèrer à la seconde ....  Rolling Eyes 

bonne fin de nuit  Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lan Weingerl
Rookie
Lan Weingerl

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-10-09

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 12:35

:conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 13:06

study study 

Considering the historic mod 1965, a stunning fact.

i saw Alex Barresi has uploaded a setup just now.
The Problem:

Is he much faster than others(?) since his brother (and maybe he is a developer of this mod too) know about details of the mod?
I loaded his setup 10minutes ago. Barresi Cooper T77 1:22.3

When i saw the setup i was baffled:

The tire pressure was not like GPL 145kPa or 160kPa or 180kPa, it was 223 kPa cold. or whatever, maybe the maxximum value. as high as can.
i gave it a go, his gears are different, no idea if to accelerate off last turn in 3rd or 4th gear with the setup.

The point:
After 3 laps i did 1:22.7 because i missed many corners because my setup is loose on entry (i uploaded yesterday my ferrari setup so u can try).
Next thing: he uses -2.0degrees camber.

After 4th lap i saw that the 1:22.3 is the best time you can get, because i approached 22.4. (But i was wrong)

his setup has 10 liters of fuel, in the 7th and last lap i didnt do 1.22.3 but i did a 1:21.893, a hundreth faster than my setup, so the same time like my setup with total different settings.

Result:

you can use any pressure in the tire, any oversteer or understeer, any camber. all advantage will be lost, or all lost will be compensated elsewhere

Arrow i really think whatever setup you use, the car is always the same pace.
i dont know if any changes in handling could better my time, but i dont think, because i would lose elsewhere and would need 40laps to repeat the time or improve it. this short splash was really satisfying and shows: any difference a driver lacks in pace and can correct with his wheel and pedals.  Suspect Neutral drunken 
Back to top Go down
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
Alex Barresi

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 13:51

Your opinion is very interesting, Jens (Mark and i are not modders or testers, and often our opinion about physics is considered blasphemous by those who create mod physics).
About 3 week ago, i found that's possible to drive well also with tires at maximum pressure (advantage is to have more speed and better acceleration, it's an old trick used in GPL in very fast tracks).
I'm just passed at cockpit view with FOV=35°, 600° steer rotation, steering sensitivity 50, accelerator 20, brake 100 (coupled to DxTweak -128 / 0 / +127).
What are your settings (this can do difference in car control) ?
Back to top Go down
Thomas Gatschnegg
Experienced Driver
Thomas Gatschnegg

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 14:11

I will be there today.
 :conduit: :papy: 
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 14:13

damn i woke up today realy sick and think i ll stay in bed today
sorry to mis this but will be fit for the next one

good luck all
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 16:31

good recovery, francois!

Alex Barresi wrote:
Your opinion is very interesting, Jens (Mark and i are not modders or testers, and often our opinion about physics is considered blasphemous by those who create mod physics).
About 3 week ago, i found that's possible to drive well also with tires at maximum pressure (advantage is to have more speed and better acceleration, it's an old trick used in GPL in very fast tracks).
I'm just passed at cockpit view with FOV=35°, 600° steer rotation, steering sensitivity 50, accelerator 20, brake 100 (coupled to DxTweak -128 / 0 / +127).
What are your settings (this can do difference in car control) ?

hi, i thought you are testers and modders.

in GPL i did the same in tripolis, but only one click gains you 2km/h on the straight but u lose a lot. one click only is good, 138kPa in Eagle, some use 131 for normal tracks.

my pressure is 159 or 165front here in this mod.
my camber is -0.8

u can see my setup ion the setup database, the ferrari setup. if you download it and drive the ferrari (fast one not the thrid) then you will see u have over 171kmh when u touch the curb outside turn2, in Reg Parnell car i barely get 160. its light and so fast.

but see the setup and drive it, its easy to drive.
your car is like a nascar to drive: you must do a very agressive turn in to get the rear around but you must be careful to not spin. but then your cooper drives like on a rail. i cant believe how i was so fast with it, it felt very strange for 5 laps, but seems i learned in lap 6.

i do not know about the values with FOV and so. and also do not know the pedals. i think i use standard for all.

all linear, also steering. i use 270° steering, like a kart.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 18:05

Server launched, qualy in 15 minutes  Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alex Barresi
Club Driver
Alex Barresi

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 18:16

Thanks Jens, also Mark use few degrees of rotation (300°), but i tried your setups with poor results: i cannot control well my car, it's too loose for my taste.
But you give me a good option to try: bump rubber, that i ever leave at zero.
I still try to add bump rubber at my setup, car seem to have less roll during a turn.
See you on track.
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:18

That means., maybe my car is lying on the bump rubber in turns!
And i didn't notice.
Back to top Go down
Frank Labédan
Racing Legend
Frank Labédan

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 20:01

:conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 21:10

nice one Jens, thank you  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 21:10

are you crazy Jens ??? Evil or Very Mad 

you come back on the track with many cars

my car is out
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 21:13

Heat 1:

I am sorry for the touch.

But i rF really didnt show cars in my mirror, i watched and watched and so decided to drive down that hill.
there the car snapped and so i spun .

It is also was a very bad situation that the car (parnell) loses all places on the straight and people shut the door in turns when i want to re-overtake. (so hard ive never seen this. maybe they were surprised i could drive there, but well i was there and had to climb curbs at 180km/h). i am used to let the door in case of doubt open to others.
when the ferrari locked the inside, i drove outside. then he braked outside again and braked too late.

;(
the problem was i dried it on the outside becuase the f
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:05

My internet completely failed this afternoon, hence my non-attendance  Sad
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:08

Désolé Jieffe  :doh: :doh: 
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:09

on va juste oublier rapidement cette première F1 65
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:16

Martin Audran wrote:
Désolé Jieffe  :doh: :doh: 

ha zut, t'es out aussi Martin, bien fragiles les voitures
un coup de frein un peu (trop) appuyé parce que ça accordéonnait devant

East London est dans pas si longtemps  :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:44

Second heat was better.

when i took Freitas in last lap we had INTENSE fight with trick n tick n dive and all, every corner. so close.
with Benelli or martinelli or some Italian guy i had a spin, i dont know why i hit you, with the other cars i could go much closer.

in LAST lap, lol, my engine stutered and uphill it was off and i made space and lost some places but rolled to chequered without fuel. so intese. really. despite i stopped my engine in the gird. or does it consume fuel with ignition on when u stall it, becuase i have "ignition" not se in rF? is it so?
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:44

oh and dont forget the

DAKAR now! on Eurosport!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joshua Anderson
Club Driver
Joshua Anderson

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:46

Heat 1: Don't know what happened to Carl at the start there, he seemed to get a worse start than Webber usually did in F1! :DI almost went into the back of him, but luckily managed a decent getaway, and from there I just went backwards :(Until I blew my engine on lap 6.

Heat 2: Carl had another bad start from where I was sitting Razz But, I soared up the field! (Mind you, that start with Yves had me on the edge of my seat  lol! ) Again, I went backwards - and I think I must have set a record, for the first HSO driver ever to flip the car over!  lol! lol! lol! It seems when I went off on what would have been my 2nd-to-last lap, I had a disagreement with... one of the cones.  Embarassed And it threw me 10 feet in the air, and upside down. Razz

So, yeah, a decent meeting for me then  lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:48

Great racing guys, Happy with my 3rd (Great last lap Vincent) and 5th, Would have been 4th but spun on the exit of the last corner.

Roll on East London!

Thanks for hosting and organizing guys!
As always HSO is the best  :drink: 
Back to top Go down
Lan Weingerl
Rookie
Lan Weingerl

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-10-09

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:54

Good race guys...

Heat 1 was ok except the crash in the beginning...

Heat 2 should have been better but after all i didnt have any practice since last race on kyalami
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:55

Results and replays will be up tomorrow  Arrow 

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:57

Peter claims I "almost crashed him" on the final lap of heat 2, which, after reviewing the replay, is complete and utter BS.  The only reason I am responding to this charge is because he was really condescending to me afterwards, which is never a good idea until one reviews the tape.  Looked at the tape just now. I let the first and second place cars by, and then arrived at clubhouse.  I was all the way over to the left, then turned in. I'm not sure what more I could have done except pull onto the apron and stop.  I am genuinely sorry I held Peter up, but it was really a matter of unfortunate timing. I was at the clubhouse corner and turned left, then let Peter by at the esses immediately after that.  I guess Peter would have preferred I exit clubhouse slowly, stayed left and let him pass on the right. If that is the lesson he wants me to learn, fine, but looking at the tape, I think my moving over at the esses to let him by yielded the same result.  

Anyway, I had a lot of fun. Both races had great dices and great racing from Gerard, Mike, Yannick, Patrick and others.  Bodes well for the series proper.  Thank you HSO!

Last edited by Jason White on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next