Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]

Go down 
+34
Thomas Gatschnegg
Alex Barresi
Lan Weingerl
Joshua Anderson
Cyril Derkir
Ben Paulet
Pascal Le pihive
Greg Hunt
Florkin Marc
Jens Kraft
Guillaume Siebert
Leo Menegucci
Austin Johnson
Angelo dos Santos
Carl Larrad
Gérard Ryon
Frank Verplanken
Matthew Allington
François Remmen
Mike Becnel
Jean-François Bovy
Richard Coxon
Vadim Taciak
Karel Marciniszyn
Yannick Lampure
Patrick Marucco
Yves Plaçais
Vincent Beretta
Jukka Närhi
Jean-louis Petillot
Joel Sixou
Peter Blom
Jason White
Martin Audran
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:04

1ere course: belles bagarres avec Martin d'abord, puis avec Richard. Pas mal de survirage en fin de course.
2eme course: nettement plus difficile. J'ai cafouillé au setup et ça l'a rendu encore plus survireuse.

Ca promet des GPs incroyables ...

Bravo à Tiago et Yves.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:06

Vincent Beretta wrote:
1ere course: belles bagarres avec Martin d'abord, puis avec Richard. Pas mal de survirage en fin de course.

Oui c’était sympa  :top: 

C'est dommage au moment ou il y allait avoir un regroupement à 3 je me suis déconcentré et zip, le rail  :aie: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:09

I was careful not to overrev the engine as my only goal was to reach the finish. I was really surprised my race pace was good enough to lead the private entries after barely making the top-20 on the grid. I firmly believe that if it had been a longer race I wouldn't have been anywhere near as strong.

Good bit of fighting with Frank, it's been way too long :hello:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:14

Joshua Anderson wrote:
Heat 1: Don't know what happened to Carl at the start there, he seemed to get a worse start than Webber usually did in F1! :DI almost went into the back of him, but luckily managed a decent getaway, and from there I just went backwards :(Until I blew my engine on lap 6.

Heat 2: Carl had another bad start from where I was sitting :PBut, I soared up the field! (Mind you, that start with Yves had me on the edge of my seat  lol! ) Again, I went backwards - and I think I must have set a record, for the first HSO driver ever to flip the car over!  lol! lol! lol! It seems when I went off on what would have been my 2nd-to-last lap, I had a disagreement with... one of the cones.  Embarassed And it threw me 10 feet in the air, and upside down. Razz

So, yeah, a decent meeting for me then  lol!
Sorry Joshua but i really struggled with the Uphill Start and the car rolling backwards ...  Wink
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:14

Je n'ai été tres chanceux sur les 2 départs ou à chaque fois je me fais sortir mais malgré ça et avec à chaque fois une F1 bancale, je parviens à rallier l'arrivée en bataillant ferme avec Jason, Mike et Gérard entre autres  Very Happy 

Ce mod et ce championnat sont tres prometteurs, merci HSO  :top: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:17

Carl Larrad wrote:
Sorry Joshua but i really struggled with the Uphill Start and the car rolling backwards ...  Wink

I sympathize. I had the same difficulty.  Mad 
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:20

It's a crying shame there are no slushbox-equipped BRMs Razz
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:20

Really Carl and Jason, I Just left it in gear and it was fine  :smil20: 
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:21

Richard Coxon wrote:
Really Carl and Jason, I Just left it in gear and it was fine  :smil20: 

We were rolling backwards where we were on the grid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:26

Thx for this great event HSO  :top: 

Really enjoyed myself. My Lotus 25 was struggeling here, chassis is good but only have that 148 kW engine so I had to drive this baby really hard to even stay in touch with the leaders. 1st race I had some problems with a slower V12 driver in front of me so we lost touch to the leaders, eventually finished 6th there which gave me a better outlook for race 2.

Race 2 was superb, after a while there was 1 big leading group with 3 Loti in it...that second race we gave Tiago

a really hard time hehe  Cool 
After 25 laps of driving with a knive between my teeth somehow I ended up 3rd :third: 

@Richard shame you spun out last corner m8...you could easily have passed me on the straight with your factory BRM and get 3rd  :antoine: 

Race 1: START!
NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 11785691013_ddbf439134_c

Race 2: Greetings from Team Lotus...
NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 11786197916_4281699b7e_c
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:30

Wow! Looks fantastic!
A crying shame I couldn't be there tonight
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:35

Peter Blom wrote:
Race 2 was superb, after a while there was 1 big leading group with 3 Loti in it...that second race we gave Tiago a really hard time hehe  Cool  

Indeed, and I really appreciate it... 1st race was boring  Sleep 
Despite not winning, in the 2nd race I was really trying (97% engine life in the 1st, 75% in the 2nd says it all) and had so many wheel to wheel situations ending in 0.008 secs photo finish with Yves. I prefer the 2nd race than the 1st one, no doubt.

Thank you guys and thank you HSO  :top:

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:36

Man this mod puts me on the very edge of my comfort level. I was a spinning idiot in race 1 and in race 2 spun in the last turn on lap 1 and had to fight back from then on. I am happy with my finish but I have driven more consistent in the past.

Man what a mess at one point. I think it must have been when Jens made friends with some others.. Was a pile up from a slip up front, not Jens. That was behind me (for once!). I was too busy dodging cars and parts to read names. That was an awesome wreck. Also had a bit of a scare when Jason lost it. Bravo Jason for the safe recovery.

Man it sucked sitting in the grass waiting for the field to pass  :doh: 

For once I did not damage the car at all in either race. Came dang close to taking both NART cars out on lap 1 race 1 though. Glad Patrick was not hurt or not hurt bad. We did not touch in my replay but I know we did on server as he pitched over. Very sorry Patrick.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:50

1st Race Not a great night had some nice moments with Patrick and Philippe finished the 1st race in 18th Place
with 98% engine life .... Was so slow ...  Shocked 

2nd Race decided to go with more of an attacking setup and blew my engine after just 5 or 6 laps it was a shame as i felt much quicker in the early stages and was hanging on to the back of Philippe and Jason ...
My Engine went POP  :hihi: 

Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:57

Joshua when you push out of the track someone , first you must wait him and second give him back his place .
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 0:13

what did you do to prevent the car from rolling backwards when engine off at the starting grid?

and how did you turn the engine off?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 0:15

Leave it in gear and assign a button for ignition and starter. Just press the ignition button to turn the car off, and to start it, press ignition button, then the starter button.
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 0:16

Jens Kraft wrote:
what did you do to prevent the car from rolling backwards when engine off at the starting grid?

you have to set in your control menu a button for ignition and other for start engine
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 0:19

Don't know what was the problem with my grid spot. It didn't happened in the open event we had here. Sorry for any thing. Reinstalling the mod from zero.

Fun races anyway!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 0:37

Leo Menegucci wrote:
Don't know what was the problem with my grid spot. It didn't happened in the open event we had here. Sorry for any thing. Reinstalling the mod from zero.

Fun races anyway!

It was interesting to see you drop in (literally) just before the start of race 2.  :hello: I have no idea what causes that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 0:51

Leo Menegucci wrote:
Jens Kraft wrote:

you have to set in your control menu a button for ignition and other for start engine

does that mean the engine will not stop but revv on with 10rpm and consume fuel because ignition on?
i want to know since i stop the engine by braking with a gear in.
maybe thats different to ignition
Back to top Go down
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 1:48

"does that mean the engine will not stop but revv on with 10rpm and consume fuel because ignition on?
i want to know since i stop the engine by braking with a gear in.
maybe thats different to ignition"

no. when you press the ignition button the engine stops completely (ignition off). then you have to restart it by pressing ignition again (ignition on) and then the start engine button.

Lucky I didn't crash landed on top of some one Mike  :aie: 

Just reinstalled the mod. Maybe it was something related with F1SR skins for the mod...
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 5:20

Jason White wrote:
Peter claims I "almost crashed him" on the final lap of heat 2, which, after reviewing the replay, is complete and utter BS.

Peter is a great chap but I disagree with him on this one. Didn't see anything resembling a crash on this one, not even close.

Sorry Peter, I watched the replay and didn't see that  :top: 
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 5:52

Martin Audran wrote:

#38 Lotus 25 BRM (Innes Ireland) : Vadim Taciak

Question Question 
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 10:00

lol I never said Jason almost crashed into me, of course he did not, I said he almost hit the Honda after he let him past. Because Jason posts this on the forum doen not mean it's true and something what I said Tiago. You can read the chatter back in the log file and see for yourself. Cool 

Only thing I was dissapointed about is that he put his car between me and the Honda so I lost touch and any change for victory on the very last lap of the race. If I was in his position I would have let the 3 leaders by on the same spot, I was right behind the Honda so that was the most logical thing to do for a backmarker in that position. No probs further with Jason, hes a wonderful and commited guy. One to the next race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]   NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NC - Rand Grand Prix [Jan 5th]
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next