Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]

Go down 
+43
Sven de Vries
Simon Wattman
Jason White
David Jaques
Jorge Alonso
Alberto Ibañez
Mark Holdampf
Paul Nadeau
Ben Paulet
Yves Plaçais
Gérard Ryon
Jean-louis Petillot
Hervé Sabathé
Ruben Freitas
Jean-François Bovy
Daniel Gomez
Nicola Musolino
Damian Baldi
Michael Labelle
Jukka Närhi
Arnaud Plum
Vito Boffa
Martin Audran
Francis Houard
Greg Hunt
Frank Verplanken
Samuli Leinonen
Tom Mountjoy
Richard Coxon
Bernard Jeanmart
Jonatan Acerclinth
Mike Becnel
Carl Larrad
Antoine de Mautor
Mike Bishop
David Jundt
Imre Bende
Ricard Suanya
Tiago Malafaya
Jean-Marie Placais
Joel Sixou
Alessio Campigotto
Guillaume Siebert
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Joel Sixou
Experienced Driver
Joel Sixou

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-09-14

1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 21:14

bon ben finalement ça etait rapide, pris dans un carambolage au depart. et dire qu'il y en a eu un au tour de chauffe deja... :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jean-Marie Placais
Club Driver
Jean-Marie Placais

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 21:17

course 1 : Voiture cassée au T1...

course 2 : j'évite le carambolage dans le tour de chauffe.... il y en a qui ont pas du comprenre la procédure.... Finalement je suis pris dans un accident entre la ligne de départ et T1...

moins d'1km en 2 courses ça fait toujours plaisir!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 21:54

1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 1-keystone-cops-granger
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Paul Nadeau
Experienced Driver
Paul Nadeau

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 21:58

BLUE FLAG PENALTY???????? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, PULL OVER AND PARK WHILE THE GUY IS BACK THERE GATHERING IT UP TO PASS ME.......I SLOWED DOWN EVERYTIME A LAPPING CAR CAME UP TO PASS BUT I'M NOT GONNA JUST PARK IT!!!!!!
DRIVE THRU PENALTY TOOK ME FROM 9TH TO 10TH!. Ok fine, no big deal but I got in too hot 54MPH instead of 50MPH!!!! so I get ANOTHER PENALTY....Now I'm really pissed, jam on the brakes coming in and it veers INTO the friggin divider fence and F's up the car!!!!!! :doh:

Surviving those crazy starts was pure luck but the penalty was just a waste of a good afternooon............ Mad
Back to top Go down
Vito Boffa
Rookie
Vito Boffa

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: gara Kyalami   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:02

Accidenti a me!| Ho dimenticato di levare lo spegnimento automatico della tv a cui è collegato il pc. Dopo una soddisfacente gara 1 basata su una strategia di non fare il pit stop, gomme medie e pieno..con un buon nono posto, in gara due, qualche piccola miglioria di assetto ed a 5 giri dalla fine ero settimo..Poi...porca miseria..mi si è spento il video..
Accidenti, accidenti, accidenti!!
Comunque grazie mi sono molto divertito!
Saluti a tutti.
Vito

Damn me! | I forgot to remove the automatic turning off the TV that is connected to the PC. After a satisfactory race 1 based on a strategy not to make a pit stop, medium tires and full .. with a good ninth place in race two, a few more tweaks trim and 5 laps from the end I was seventh .. Then .. . damn .. I went off the video ..
Damn, damn, damn!
Anyway, thank you I really enjoyed myself!
Greetings to all.
Vito
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:02

I couldn't be part of qualy (I had to go to a funeral). So I started first race from position 34. It was a crazy thing to see cars flying and crashing everywhere like in a GPL open race at Monza. I managed to recover to 6th positon with two laps to go, until I wasnt able to avoid a car stoped in middle of the track after le fast left kink and crashed heavely. Went to the pits but there was a car standing in my pit box ! So I moved it a bit after wait some time, just to finish the race in 12th position.

The second race was going great, I was 6th having a great fight with Antoine de Mautor until I found Daniel Gomez standing on the straight after he crashed with a crazy car a moment before.

The MOD is great, but there is no fun when a sim become an arcade. Too many guys wasn't able to do a clean lap.

Congrats to Rocky my new idol!

Last edited by Damian Baldi on Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:16; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:05

Paul Nadeau wrote:
BLUE FLAG PENALTY???????? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, PULL OVER AND PARK WHILE THE GUY IS BACK THERE GATHERING IT UP TO PASS ME.......I SLOWED DOWN EVERYTIME A LAPPING CAR CAME UP TO PASS BUT I'M NOT GONNA JUST PARK IT!!!!!!
DRIVE THRU PENALTY TOOK ME FROM 9TH TO 10TH!. Ok fine, no big deal but I got in too hot 54MPH instead of 50MPH!!!! so I get ANOTHER PENALTY....Now I'm really pissed, jam on the brakes coming in and it veers INTO the friggin divider fence and F's up the car!!!!!! :doh:

Surviving those crazy starts was pure luck but the penalty was just a waste of a good afternooon............ Mad

You can say that again ,,, Unlucky Paul .... Shocked

I Think everyone had there drama's especially the starts if you finish both races then very well done ... :clap:

I Nearly took out the leaders as i meet Jason after his accident , i had to drive with a damaged car for both races which made the car very difficult to drive , just unavoidable accidents all night long ...

My only fun of the night really was a few nice laps with Johnathan ... :hihi: :drink:

Well done to Ballasz kiss and Rocky it was a really nice race to watch on the Livestream
also enjoyed watching Gui and Frank in the 1st race ...

Well done on the Livestream Ben at least you kept me amused :hello:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:08

Results and replays are up on the website !

The aggregate results are HERE

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:10

Damian Baldi wrote:
The MOD is great, but there is no fun when a sim become an arcade. Too many guys wasn't able to do a clean lap.

Lots of newcomers...
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:12

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:

Lots of newcomers...

I know, but you know when you are not ready for an online race. My friend Daniel and I did entire practice races last two weeks.

Thanks Guillaume for the administration Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:14

I Don't know but i'm only guessing that most people where running very low wing set ups
which on a track like this is obviously good for a qualifying lap ....

But maybe in the race it would be a lot safer for people to have run a little more wing ... :papy:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:15

Race 1: Enjoyed the race but I kept making the same mistake in the two slow left turns, back end started to slide and I could not collect it. I think I caught Tiago twice and was in his general area 2 other times. Arrggh. Toward race end I was 10th and got caught up in a bad wreck between 2 lapped down cars. I cannot recall who I was racing with all race but he got collected also. It was in a bad spot. Ended up driving too fast in the pits and ended the race on a drive through. Oh well.

Race 2: Tweaked the car a bit to avoid the slow spins of death. It helped but I still did it twice on hot rear tires. Sorry start for me. I could not get away from side-by-side with whoever was next to me (never had a chance to look who it was) and eventually we tapped and both of us went off. Started from back of the field pretty much. Had an instance where Sven went off course on the main straight and just about nailed me reentering the track. The reentry on the main straight right in front of me took the cake. Damn near ended my race. Then later when Sven came out of the pits after his repair he punted me in the rear overtaking as a 2 laps down car? Seriously? :grrr: :grrr: Yea, you were on fresh tires and I was not. Sven almost collected me again in your final crash which ended his day. I almost hit him then also affraid

Too much chat during the race. I read one like an idiot and ended up missing the brake point for the hard braking left turn. Into the wall, wham. Front end gone. Oh well, 8th works for me! Could have been 6th or 7th easily had I driven better.

Thx for the race HSO!

Edit: Rocky is a Group C diety!! Thou shalt not even be allowed to look at a Jag Wink Excellent racing man! Balazs also looked superb, grats for the overall.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:15

I lost connexion in lap 2 of race 2 Sad Would have finished 4th overall I guess. I badly damaged my front spoiler in race 1, car wasn't turning at all but it was a rocket down the straight :D I let David and Frank through thinking I was slowing them down but in fact I shouldn't have done that :antoine:

I will have a look at the replay of the starts, it is not acceptable to have incidents in the formation lap ...
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:21

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I lost connexion in lap 2 of race 2 Sad Would have finished 4th overall I guess. I badly damaged my front spoiler in race 1, car wasn't turning at all but it was a rocket down the straight :D I let David and Frank through thinking I was slowing them down but in fact I shouldn't have done that :antoine:

I will have a look at the replay of the starts, it is not acceptable to have incidents in the formation lap ...

Guillaume, where's the replay to download? Thank you

EDIT: I foind it !

Last edited by Damian Baldi on Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:23

I want to appologise heavily for the incident I caused on the front straight at one of the last laps of the 2nd Heat Crying or Very sad

I had some slight steering damage but thought it would be ok and was making sure I was keeping control of the car at all times but unfortunatly one small misstake saw me on the gravel, I overcorrected it and then overcorrected that as well and spun. After that I was as much a passenger as the drivers that was unfortunate to end up hitting me Sad

Yet again, I'm terribly sorry, I feel like such an idiot making such a misstake and then taking several drivers with me Sad

Apart from that it was a fairly enjoyable evening disregarding the starts which could have been a bit smoother. The start of Heat 1 was going allright until I started to brake to make sure I wouldn't hit the drivers crashing on the front straight. I'm not sure what the driver behind me was thinking but he ended up driving into my rear giving me severe damage which forced me to pit after I had limped back to the pits.

After that Heat 1 was fairly un-eventful beside some dangerous lappings and some good driving.

Heat 2 we didn't even reach the start line as the driver ahead of me accelerating I translated this as a "now we go" but still kept my left foot on the brakepedal just in case and sure enough there were a brake check, I braked but the driver behind me didn't have time to react and rammed me, sending me into the car ahead and off into the barrier on the left. Stayed there until the field has passed and went for the pits to repair the damage.

When I came out of the pits I had a nice battle with Carl for a few laps which was very enjoyable but I was also wanting to unlap myself and really battle for the position. I got passed and from then on it was uneventful until the incident described above.

I can't say this enough but I'm terribly sorry for causing the incident Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:25

Damian Baldi wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Guillaume, where's the replay to download? Thank you

EDIT: I foind it !

If you click on "Replay", it will download it:

http://www.historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/799
http://www.historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/800
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:27

Alessio Campigotto wrote:

If you click on "Replay", it will download it:

http://www.historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/799
http://www.historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/800

Thanks Alessio, downloading.....
Back to top Go down
Daniel Gomez
Rookie
Daniel Gomez

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-04-25

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:30

It's not about wing settings, Damian and I were running 1 without issues.

Sven De Vries, what where you thinking?, really man, please look at your replay.

First you go out of track and return from the grass like no one else is on track in a +250 km/h section, a Porsche AG couldn't avoid you and punt you out of track again, then you cross the track bumping with the guard rails like a pinball game 3 times until I found you crossing the track at a 90º angle when I'm doing 290 km/h, try to swerve to the right but the pit wall is waiting for me and I clip it without hope, then I look frantically for the ESC key (a key you Sven should have pressed a long time ago in the race) but is too late for Damian and he hits me too.

Had a lot of fun in the first and second race too, but some people really needs to do some homework before climbing up a 700+ HP car.

Many thanks to the organization, I'm eager to participate in future events with these cars, I love them.

Rocky is THE man with his 2.8
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:49

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I badly damaged my front spoiler in race 1, car wasn't turning at all but it was a rocket down the straight :D I let David and Frank through thinking I was slowing them down but in fact I shouldn't have done that :antoine:

I know that feel...

R1: Came from an okay qualy(Thanks to Tiago for helping me out!) into T1, some goofball thinks it's great to go 3 wide and hits Gui which unsettles me into the guardrail.

Thanks whoever that was Suspect No

After that, my medium tyre soverheated massively(+130C° left front) as the car didn't want to turn, looking at my pace in R2 I was over 3s slower.

I managed to finish 11th, although just with luck. I lost a lap I should have never lost Neutral

Sorry to @Carl and @Simon for numping them, I was fighting a bit too much with my car's understeer and went too close Sad

R2: Much better than R1. Several accidents made me advance into 3rd place. Daniel had that ugly crash with Sven right ahead of me, I narrowly avoided running into them.

@Sven: Did you like the "sarcastic flash" at the fast left kink when we were lapping you?xD

Towards the end of R2, it was a Sauber-Mercedes battle for 3rd place in R2 as Tiago had recovered from his spin(was it too slow? scratch ). After Richard had retired, we were the last two Saubers out of 3.

That number came down to 1 at T2, I shifted to 2nd and just then Tiago's engine went up in flames ahead of me and I was shouting out in surpise to Jonatan on TS as he went of track to park it affraid Shame about that Crying or Very sad

In the end, I finished 3rd, just 13s behind Rocky after he had an accident with Jon and over 25s ahead of Antoine(who I overtook together with Frank earlier in the race).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 22:56

Great racing with Arnaud Plum in race 1. Really enjoyed that part of the race until we both plowed into that wreck in front of us. I hope you run here more often!
Daniel Gomez wrote:

Sven De Vries, what where you thinking?, really man, please look at your replay.

First you go out of track and return from the grass like no one else is on track in a +250 km/h section, a Porsche AG couldn't avoid you and punt you out of track again, then you cross the track bumping with the guard rails like a pinball game 3 times until I found you crossing the track at a 90º angle when I'm doing 290 km/h, try to swerve to the right but the pit wall is waiting for me and I clip it without hope, then I look frantically for the ESC key (a key you Sven should have pressed a long time ago in the race) but is too late for Damian and he hits me too.

Rocky is THE man with his 2.8

Well I see someone got Sven'd worse than me!! Once Sven gets his etiquette under control he's going to be a force to contend with. He made a superb pass on Gui assuming Gui had not already flagged him as dangerous and just let him go (to later pass his casket).

Edited. Just watched his highlight reel. Will avoid you like the plague from now on. 2.9 liter angel of death.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 5 May 2013 - 23:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 23:00

Course 1 : Qualification sans forcer pour partir de l'arrière... Cool Tour de chauffe nickel et départ parfait :clap: . je reste dernier et j'attends que mes pneus médium montent en température sans me laisser distancer et au tour 3, c'est le début d'une belle remontée à la 16 ème place après 22 tours :top: . Je dois m'arrêter au tour 23 pour changer les pneus medium + l'essence, une erreur car pneus + carburant=59 secondes d'arrêt+3 tours pour retrouver l'adhérence et la bonne température= au moins 3 minutes de perdues Sad . Je quitte les stands en 19ème position, je repasse 18 mais le 17ème est hors d'atteinte Embarassed . Première course très fun bounce et comportement très régulier de la part des pilotes rapides :chinois: , merci à tous :top: .
Course 2 : Je me fais déjà taper et pousser dans l'herbe dans le tour de chauffe, ça commence bien... :hum:
Guillaume annonce le feu vert, tout de suite après la ligne d'arrivée, je remarque du grabuge et de la poussière devant à droite, je pousse un peu moins sur les gaz et tiens ma gauche pour éviter une collision éventuelle Shocked .
Et de nouveau, boum :D , on me tape de l'arrière gauche, ma voiture s'en va en vrille et en travers de la piste et c'est l'horreur affraid , beaucoup ne savent pas m'éviter et je ne peux faire que d'attendre que la voiture s'arrête pale , je me fais taper par d'autres voitures et je ne suis plus qu'une bille de billard qui part dans tous les sens en prenant de la vitesse et tapant de ci, de là Embarassed ,Jean-François, Joël, le fiston de Yves Plaçais et encore d'autre...désolé mais je n'y peux rien là :smil20: .
Oui, c'est bien malheureux de se précipiter quitte à provoquer des incidents dans un tour de chauffe ainsi que dans les premiers mètres après le départ... beaucoup de dégâts pour peu de résultat... :papy:
Cela dit, c'était très fun :clap: , j'adore ces voitures et le circuit de Kyalami (un des premiers que j'ai fait sous GPL) Very Happy . Merci pour l'organisation... :clap: à faire et à refaire :conduit: :top: .
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 23:03

Looking at the replay of race 1, I have to say sorry to Jonatan Acerclinth. I touched your car on the start trying to avoid the wreck. I reduced my speed after the start/finish line because I saw the disaster that T1 was. I didn't know that I touched your car until I saw the raplay. Sorry again.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 23:12

Carl Larrad wrote:
I Don't know but i'm only guessing that most people where running very low wing set ups
which on a track like this is obviously good for a qualifying lap ....

But maybe in the race it would be a lot safer for people to have run a little more wing ... :papy:

Daniel Gomez wrote:
It's not about wing settings, Damian and I were running 1 without issues.

Sorry What i really meant to say was these cars in Qualifying trim are so much easier to drive fast than
with 100L of fuel on board and a low wing setup on Cold tyres and brakes ...

And most of the accidents where on the warm up and 1st lap ... :doh:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 23:18

Damian Baldi wrote:
Looking at the replay of race 1, I have to say sorry to Jonatan Acerclinth. I touched your car on the start trying to avoid the wreck. I reduced my speed after the start/finish line because I saw the disaster that T1 was. I didn't know that I touched your car until I saw the raplay. Sorry again.
No need to worry mate Smile

Good to hear that you did slow down. When you touched/hit me there it felt like you had hardly slowed down at all but as someone said once, s*** happens Smile

Wasn't happy at the time but have cooled down and just happy I, just about, managed to finish both heats Smile

Hope to race you more times and without this kind of unfortunate incident happening again :drink:
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2013 - 23:52

Carl Larrad wrote:

Sorry What i really meant to say was these cars in Qualifying trim are so much easier to drive fast than
with 100L of fuel on board and a low wing setup on Cold tyres and brakes ...

And most of the accidents where on the warm up and 1st lap ... :doh:

I don't know if there is a plug-in or something with the online replay, but I see Porsches reving up 10.000 and going very high on RPMs all the time. What I mean is, that it's very dificult to drive these cars at high RPMs in middle of a corner. I have a rule, "if you are going to use a low downforce setup, use long gears". Thats what I do. I sent you my setup in one of the practices, you can see it. What I mean is, that may be there are people using rear wing at 1, while reving up to high. With the Porsche is not so hard, but the C9 with the wing at 1 is near impossible.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]   1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1987 Kyalami Sportscar Sprint [May 5th]
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next