Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]

Go down 
+34
Yoann Quioc
Ben Paulet
Gérard Ryon
Eric Campillo
Thomas Gatschnegg
Jon Lasa
Jason White
Jean-Marie Placais
Patrick Marucco
Ricardo Magno
Cyril Derkir
William Tringas
Frank Labédan
Greg Hunt
Florkin Marc
Philippe Martinelli
David Jundt
Mario Gassner
Samuli Leinonen
Anders Nilsson
Alessio Campigotto
finally gone :)
Mike Becnel
Ruben Freitas
Yves Plaçais
Karel Marciniszyn
Ben Warren
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Abat Hernaez
Tiago Malafaya
Teemu Toikka
Martin Audran
Guillaume Siebert
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 16:35

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
After the last race I realize that I am not comfortable in a pack of cars...and I think the only chance to change this it to practise with real drivers...

After you bumped my rear 3 times during 1 or 2 laps I could say this might be true. :hello:

AI in rFactor is quite lame but you can still try to practice races with them, on some tracks they behave "ok". Anyways of course human opponents are better in this sense. Don't know about your level of experience but I used to go a lot to BROS Megane servers, that seriously teaches you how to drive in traffic. Driving standards on public servers are horrible but they can be educational in several ways. Wink
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 17:39

Premier abandon de la saison, sur une perte du train arrière qui se termine par un choc contre un mur, pas très violant pourtant, sur l'avant gauche mais direction faussée... Déjà compliqué de tenir la voiture quand elle roule droit, alors quand elle marche comme un crabe...

Cela se passait plutôt bien jusque-là, j'étais 8ème, à peu près dans le rythme de David, mais ce n'était que le premier tiers de la course... Difficile circuit...

Désolé de t'avoir gêné Guillaume, j'ai manqué de lucidité sur le moment, j'aurais sans doute pu te laisser passer sans perdre trop de temps sur David qui me lâchait peu à peu, mais la voiture plus lente sur laquelle on revenait a brouillé la situation encore plus pour moi à ce moment-là... Embarassed

Bravo Greg, très belle victoire, le podium et les finisseurs :top:

Chapeau le live de la course, Ben et Antoine :top:

Rendez-vous à Mexico Wink
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 18:22

Samuli Leinonen wrote:
Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
After the last race I realize that I am not comfortable in a pack of cars...and I think the only chance to change this it to practise with real drivers...

After you bumped my rear 3 times during 1 or 2 laps I could say this might be true. :hello:

AI in rFactor is quite lame but you can still try to practice races with them, on some tracks they behave "ok". Anyways of course human opponents are better in this sense. Don't know about your level of experience but I used to go a lot to BROS Megane servers, that seriously teaches you how to drive in traffic. Driving standards on public servers are horrible but they can be educational in several ways. Wink

I am doing some simracing from the year 2004..so...yes I have some experience but not wth these cars :-)
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 20:20

Just watched a part of the livestream. Thank you guys so much for doing this. Absolutely wonderful, although i dont understand much!

All the battles were really superb!

@greg: take my head of off your driving style. it was so much fun fighting twice against you!

@gui and mike: still really sorry for making that mistake. was a really good fight at the beginning against you.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 20:34

Quote :
After the last race I realize that I am not comfortable in a pack of
cars...and I think the only chance to change this it to practise with
real drivers...what do you think about regular (lets say every free
thursday evening on the track where will be the next raxe) practise
races..some short races lets say 20 laps, two races during the
evening...?

The trick is to get your peripheral vision to work. I had a really hard time to adapt to simracing in traffic until I understood it. It's too easy to get focused on the car in front or near you and miss all your reference `points ---> which starts the drama, you brake to soon or too late, your turn in too late, etc; what you need to do instead is focus on the track as if driving alone and learn to control the other cars with peripheral vision without looking directly at them. With slower cars that also resist some door-banging this can be overlooked to a certain extent, but open wheelers -specially fast ones- won't give you that margin.

I can be on the server next thursday at 2100 if you want to do some racing. We don't need to setup a race, just get together in pack and try to follow each other, overtake, etc.

See you there mate Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 652294
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 22:17

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
After the last race I realize that I am not comfortable in a pack of
cars...and I think the only chance to change this it to practise with
real drivers...what do you think about regular (lets say every free
thursday evening on the track where will be the next raxe) practise
races..some short races lets say 20 laps, two races during the
evening...?

The trick is to get your peripheral vision to work. I had a really hard time to adapt to simracing in traffic until I understood it. It's too easy to get focused on the car in front or near you and miss all your reference `points ---> which starts the drama, you brake to soon or too late, your turn in too late, etc; what you need to do instead is focus on the track as if driving alone and learn to control the other cars with peripheral vision without looking directly at them. With slower cars that also resist some door-banging this can be overlooked to a certain extent, but open wheelers -specially fast ones- won't give you that margin.

I can be on the server next thursday at 2100 if you want to do some racing. We don't need to setup a race, just get together in pack and try to follow each other, overtake, etc.

See you there mate Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 652294

Yeah..I had no problem with racing...we had a league with GT legends adn there was great very close racing..but as I said...these cars is something different for me...and of course..you are right with missing referecne points..which is much easier in speed of thease beast...
One thing I noticed this race was the fact that there were fights which were fair but very very tought...maybe it is because I was in TOP10 after start where drivers are good enough to fight this way...

EDIT: I will make a note i my schedule - next week on thursday from cca 20:30 I will try ot be on server! cheers
Back to top Go down
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 23:11

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:

Yeah..I had no problem with racing...we had a league with GT legends adn there was great very close racing..but as I said...these cars is something different for me...and of course..you are right with missing referecne points..which is much easier in speed of thease beast...

One thing I noticed this race was the fact that there were fights which were fair but very very tought...maybe it is because I was in TOP10 after start where drivers are good enough to fight this way...

For me it works to have several reference points for each braking zone / corner / other parts of the track needing attention. Sometimes you can miss your brake marker because other car is on top of it, but if you have several brake markers for same corner it is relatively impossible to miss them all.

We actually had a good battle untill you lost your front wing to my rear wheels. You seemed to outbrake youself to the hairpin several times though, and that was also where you eventually lost the wing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013 - 23:49

My advice: always start the races with 4 eyes, 1 in front, 1 in the mirrors and 2 on the sides. That's how I avoided a Benetton going wide in T1; that would certainly kill my race
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013 - 1:03

Mario Gassner wrote:

@gui and mike: still really sorry for making that mistake. was a really good fight at the beginning against you.

No worries, I am learning how to drive on two wheels when being lapped so I take up less room. You can drive under me next time :D

And no smartasses need to reply saying driving into the wall will take two tires off for me. Wink (regardless of how many times I manage to do it in practice.)

Get that last turn wrong at Mexico and you may be able to count your tires on 1 finger!!
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013 - 8:07

Samuli Leinonen wrote:
Karel Marciniszyn wrote:

For me it works to have several reference points for each braking zone / corner / other parts of the track needing attention. Sometimes you can miss your brake marker because other car is on top of it, but if you have several brake markers for same corner it is relatively impossible to miss them all.

We actually had a good battle untill you lost your front wing to my rear wheels. You seemed to outbrake youself to the hairpin several times though, and that was also where you eventually lost the wing. Smile

Yeas...that dammnnnn hairpin...I never tried to goi there in the inner side and it then caused my problems...two times...
second problem was that I repair the car after mistake in the later part of the race, then came back to the track where everybody have totaly destroyed tires...and I was way faster on super softs...and you know, it is always a problem when you want to go and there are lot of cars one lap ahead of you :doh:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2013 - 12:08

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback about the livestream. Always nice to read you're enjoyed it even if it's only in french. :top:
Back to top Go down
Ian Mills
Club Driver

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 12:40

hi,

i am going to regret this because i have not driven anything in a long time. ecept about 10 laps with anders a few weeks ago. but...
would you be willing to let me drive the fondmetal for this race?

Merci
-ian
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 12:43

Welcome back, Ian.

You're in the wrong GP, the next one is Mexico :D

Note that you must qualify today in order to take part in the race. The grid is limited to 26 cars
Back to top Go down
Ian Mills
Club Driver

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 12:44

oooppps
told you i have not done this in a while. lol
thanks
i will post over there.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]   Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Grand Prix du Canada [March 24th]
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10