Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]

Go down 
+40
Jon Hicken
JB Massida
Rolf Just
Oscar Hardwick
Teemu Toikka
Samuel Muscat
Yoann Quioc
Martin Audran
Bernard Jeanmart
Olivier Philipps
finally gone :)
Giuseppe Scaccia
Oscar Plada
Mario Gassner
Florkin Marc
Frank Verplanken
Ruben Freitas
Carl Larrad
Richard Coxon
Abat Hernaez
Gérard Ryon
Frank Labédan
Victor Alcocer
David Jundt
Karel Marciniszyn
Alessio Campigotto
Gianluca Desposito
Alberto Ibañez
Mike Becnel
Lorenzo Arisi
Tiago Malafaya
Yves Plaçais
Patrick Marucco
Kevin Vanco
Ricardo Magno
Vincent Beretta
Paco Denis
Philippe Martinelli
Greg Hunt
Guillaume Siebert
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:35

Greg Goissen wrote:
jamais vu ca Shocked alors que je m amusais bien avec alberto d un coup la voiture est devenue incontrolable , je comprenais pas ce qui se passait , j ai pensé a une crevaison et en fait apparemment j ai eu une rupture des disques de freins affraid affraid affraid affraid

ayant la conduite frein sur le max je sens que ce champ va tourner court pour moi Crying or Very sad si apres 20 tours mes disques explosent qu est que ca sera sur 2 h de course surtout que la c etait vraiment pas un circuit violent pour les freins pale pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

"Conduite de frein", c'est la taille des écopes, le refroidissement. Il y a un autre paramètre dans le dernier onglet du setup qui permet de modifier l’épaisseur des disques de freins, il faut être au max là aussi.
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:36

Oscar Hardwick wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
BTW and elaborating on what Oscar said ... fast or slow I noticed some very dangerous differences in driving style and car setup in the race. Some cars/drivers have really VERY different braking (Noy just deeper or earlier, but DIFFERENT, like braking when the car behind can go almost flat through) and turn in points than others, and with the world going so fast in this mod, this is bound to cause a LOT of trouble.

I agree. The main issue for say myself or anyone in one of the much much slower cars is that the engines are so low on power that setting the car up for straight line speed is pointless. We do however have plenty of wing and can generate some grip. So whilst we go slow in a straight line we are taking loads of speed through corners and braking zones. I know this is a difference on my part but with the penalty of a bad car we HAVE to set the car up this way just to get close to anyone in a car that actually works.

It is worth remembering that in F1 no driver lacks ability but the cars themselves vary dramatically like they do in this mod. With the balance for this league being ability and cars that allow people the best chance, it is a lovely notion but it causes serious issues between drivers on track. For example when my race ended running in to Carl. Not really his fault, more mine but I couldn't react fast enough and at a slow speed part of the track he was braking a good 50m earlier than I was doing so when he stamped on the brakes I was still hard on the power.

I don't know if anything could be done to avoid issues like this with the rules and setup of the league as it is but I will keep trying to find a good medium. Although that'll be even more difficult in the AGS.

Oscar.

But when you give Lorenzo and Gui a Williams, considering their times with the pile of shit they are currently driving, I don't think we would enjoy it as much lol!
Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:38

Quelqu'un se sentirait chaud pour traduire la partie moteur du fichier PDF pour les physics du mod,j'avoue ne pas avoir tout compris :aie:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:38

Oscar Hardwick wrote:
For example when my race ended running in to Carl. Not really his fault, more mine but I couldn't react fast enough and at a slow speed part of the track he was braking a good 50m earlier than I was doing so when he stamped on the brakes I was still hard on the power.
Oscar.

I Am sorry for causing your accident this is why i decided to retire from the race before i ended anyone elses race :doh:

I have to agree with Alessio ...
You where parked in a dangerous place
for at least 2 laps what where you doing there scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:42

Carl Larrad wrote:
Oscar Hardwick wrote:
For example when my race ended running in to Carl. Not really his fault, more mine but I couldn't react fast enough and at a slow speed part of the track he was braking a good 50m earlier than I was doing so when he stamped on the brakes I was still hard on the power.
Oscar.

I Am sorry for causing your accident this is why i decided to retire from the race before i ended anyone elses
but i have to agree with Alessio ...

Probably cursing my name or inventing new curse words. :aie:

Man...this was a practice race, wait until the ranting starts in the full races. Bumper sticker on front will say (backwards) "If you see this in the race bad things may happen soon" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:49

Mike Becnel wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:
Oscar Hardwick wrote:
Oscar.

I Am sorry for causing your accident this is why i decided to retire from the race before i ended anyone elses
but i have to agree with Alessio ...

Probably cursing my name or inventing new curse words. :aie:

Man...this was a practice race, wait until the ranting starts in the full races. Bumper sticker on front will say (backwards) "If you see this in the race bad things may happen soon" Laughing

:D
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:50

Duuuuhhhhhhhhhh.... I finished 8th, but rather lucky. Greg and JB were so much faster than me. I really need Greg's help if we get teamed up. Or Jens Kraft as engineer :D

Otherwise I am pleased I finished. Sorry for the late moving Gui, you had the same car as Davi and I noticed a bit too late.

Broadcast replay here:

http://livestre.am/4gf8r
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:50

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I'll make you keep up to that promise; I want my 15m of fame throughout the season :hihi:

That will make Frank use all his experience as commentator, I can already envision it ...

"Tiago crashes against the barrier in the first turn"

"He walks back to the pits"

"Still walking"

"It's a long way back"

"He waves to Arisi as he passes by lapping the field for the 3rd time"

"Already there!"

"OK, let's return to the head of the field for the last 5 minutes of the race, seems exciting"

:rigol:

I guess your prediction was wrong Alberto :p

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:02

Carl Larrad wrote:
Oscar Hardwick wrote:
Oscar.

I Am sorry for causing your accident this is why i decided to retire from the race before i ended anyone elses race :doh:

I had stalled and was intent on starting again.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:03

That would be a neat trick. Is there a "call crew to restart car" button I am not aware of? Wink
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:04

ah mais parce qu on peut chosir la taille des disques de freins ( j avais pas vu ) :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:11

Oscar Hardwick wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:
Oscar Hardwick wrote:
Oscar.

I had stalled and was intent on starting again.

No in-car starters in Formula One...
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:15

How did he stall? No Auto clutch?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:17

I don't use auto-clutch aswell
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:19

Quote :
The main issue for say myself or anyone in one of the much much slower cars is that the engines are so low on power that setting the car up for straight line speed is pointless. We do however have plenty of wing and can generate some grip. So whilst we go slow in a straight line we are taking loads of speed through corners and braking zones. I know this is a difference on my part but with the penalty of a bad car we HAVE to set the car up this way just to get close to anyone in a car that actually works.

That's exactly what I meant. There are in general big differences already in the cars, but a slower driver on a fast car will make the most of it with less wing, while the faster driver on the slow car will do the opposite. And the problem is that this just INCREASES even more the difference in pace on all parts of the track: we fly past you in the straights, and you brake well before us (Both because of the extra wings and the less speed you have when arriving at the braking point) and corner faster :doh:

We will soon see smoke coming out of Gui's head when he tries to find a solution for that ... drunken
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:26

Je n'ai pas encore visionné le replay mais dès le départ j'ai senti un choc à l'arrière puis quelques tours plus tard je n'ai pu eviter une F1 en travers dans une courbe :smil20:
Tout cela a bien modifié le parallélisme de ma Williams puisque j'avais le volant de travers mais j'ai tout de même continué pour mener le test à son terme et finalement j'ai pris l'habitude de piloter de cette façon et j'ai reussi à amener ma Williams à l'arrivée apres avoir passé une tres agreable soirée Very Happy

Un sacré challenge que de piloter ces F1, j'adore :top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:37

Phoenix is sooo much easier with 60/60 wings. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 23:44

Watching the replay I realize anyway how decisive the Mistral straight here was ... probably in other tracks that don't have such a long one followed by a fast corner -where the biggest difference in backing up came to play- this won't be so critical. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 0:20

I think once we start the championship people will "settle" and we´ll have less trouble. We are in practice races, it´s normal to have troubles. Once we have some races under our belt we´ll have a better idea of how the cars react, who are dangerous to have around etc...asking for changes this soon is pointless. I learned in Jerez that i better avoided staying behind someone at the end of long straights, because those cars can brake superfast and before you notice you are already ramming him from behind.

About my race, not bad, finished without much fuss and didn´t have any serious mistake. But this chassis is really atrocious, my god it turns like a 16 wheel truck. It´s quite bearable in qualy but once you start adding fuel...Phoenix will be absolute hell at full tanks affraid
Back to top Go down
Jean-Marie Placais
Club Driver
Jean-Marie Placais

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 0:59

Je n'ai pas participé aux courses open mais apres avoir testé ce MOd vraiment super!! Je serais présent pour participer à la saison.
Back to top Go down
Ruben Freitas
Club Driver
Ruben Freitas

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 2:43

I do not know tune the setup F1 car but I'm enjoying the Brabham car :D
Back to top Go down
http://nolimitsracingteam.blogspot.pt/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 5:22

Tiago P5 cheers :champ: cheers !!!

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
No in-car starters in Formula One...

In fact it was mandatory for F1 cars to have an in-car starter, but to save some crucial weight the battery was so tiny that it could barely perform an in-car start. I think the regulations still mention that a car must start by its own means... except in the pits and on the grid before the start where an external starter is allowed :aie: .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 8:51

Quote :
I guess your prediction was wrong Alberto :p

Of course it was a joke, and I'm glad you did well :top:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 11:54

Of course, but always possible to happen :aie:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012 - 12:12

Yeah I was just laughing about the idea of what Frank would have to do in order to give you the promised 15 minutes of broadcast IF you crash Laughing

I must say that while I enjoyed the race, I was several times thinking "God I would love to hear the broadcast" ... I'm so used to crappy spanish or german commentators, always unshamedly biased towards Alonso or Vettel, that I really really wanted to hear Frank Ben and Antoine commentating Very Happy in english of course Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 484331
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next