Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]

Go down 
+40
Jon Hicken
JB Massida
Rolf Just
Oscar Hardwick
Teemu Toikka
Samuel Muscat
Yoann Quioc
Martin Audran
Bernard Jeanmart
Olivier Philipps
finally gone :)
Giuseppe Scaccia
Oscar Plada
Mario Gassner
Florkin Marc
Frank Verplanken
Ruben Freitas
Carl Larrad
Richard Coxon
Abat Hernaez
Gérard Ryon
Frank Labédan
Victor Alcocer
David Jundt
Karel Marciniszyn
Alessio Campigotto
Gianluca Desposito
Alberto Ibañez
Mike Becnel
Lorenzo Arisi
Tiago Malafaya
Yves Plaçais
Patrick Marucco
Kevin Vanco
Ricardo Magno
Vincent Beretta
Paco Denis
Philippe Martinelli
Greg Hunt
Guillaume Siebert
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 20:05

Quote :
I'll make you keep up to that promise; I want my 15m of fame throughout the season :hihi:

That will make Frank use all his experience as commentator, I can already envision it ...

"Tiago crashes against the barrier in the first turn"

"He walks back to the pits"

"Still walking"

"It's a long way back"

"He waves to Arisi as he passes by lapping the field for the 3rd time"

"Already there!"

"OK, let's return to the head of the field for the last 5 minutes of the race, seems exciting"

:rigol:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 20:09

Is the Mclaren still available , or i could take the spare AGS for the test race if not :hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 20:10

Take your McLaren Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 20:16

OK Wink
Back to top Go down
Yoann Quioc
Club Driver
Yoann Quioc

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:24

Plantage au chargement du warmup... je me reco puis plantage au chargement de la course... :hum:
Join time out...
Back to top Go down
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:34

Never mind on that one then.

I got plenty of experience with the mod and will start turning laps in my AGS as soon as I can. That said some of the people in the faster cars (Ferraris, Willams, Mclarens etc...). It seems really silly that they should just go past 30mph faster than me on a straight and then be indecisive and slow at the only times I can use the small amount of pace the car has. Caused me to twice have an issue the second of which ending my day.

Obviously the street tracks will be the only places that the faster drivers can have a race where they aren't hampered by the faster cars.

Back to the drawing board with optimal setups it is.

Oscar.
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:35

This will be great racing...Mike your setup was like a drug for me...from the moment I loaded i start to enjoy driving Ferrari so much!!! Thank you for that...I feel a little embarrassed that I asked you for it, but I have to say that i will do the same before every race! lol! Thank you again...
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:44

Bon ba bonne qualification moyenne en 21 eme place,mais je ne pouvais pas faire mieux :smil20:

Je fais un bon depart,mais je dois m'arreter sec pour ne pas percuter ceux de devant,apres qulques tours sympa en bataille avec Mario et Carl,puis alors que je suis 18 eme le moteur explose,pourtant j'ai fait gaffe a couper les gazs en montant les rapport scratch

Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:51

Great Race until the fire!! Embarassed Suspect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JB Massida
Pro Driver
JB Massida

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:52

Moteur mort après 21 tours... Dommage, j'avais la 6e place et je m'amusais bien à essayer de repousser les attaques d'Yves Cool
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:56

I'm really sorry Greg if i ruined your race i got in the way of you several times and also other faster drivers , my car was ok but i thought it safer to pull into the pits and retire with my car intact ... Embarassed

I'm really sorry but i am going to have to pull out of this championship ...
If ever there was a year i would want to race it would have to be 1991
i like the mod but i find the cars so fast and i can't get used to the brakes and i
keep making stupid mistakes in front of other drivers and it's just not fair on them ...

I Thought i would be ok on this track as it is a track i love so if i can't keep the car on the track here then
i don't fancy my chances at other tracks ...

I am very excited about the year ahead at HSO but my spare time is limited
and i had already decided that i needed to pull out of one series ...

This one takes an awful lot of practice and i would rather spend my limited time practicing on the other mods Embarassed

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 21:59

jamais vu ca Shocked alors que je m amusais bien avec alberto d un coup la voiture est devenue incontrolable , je comprenais pas ce qui se passait , j ai pensé a une crevaison et en fait apparemment j ai eu une rupture des disques de freins affraid affraid affraid affraid

ayant la conduite frein sur le max je sens que ce champ va tourner court pour moi Crying or Very sad si apres 20 tours mes disques explosent qu est que ca sera sur 2 h de course surtout que la c etait vraiment pas un circuit violent pour les freins pale pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:00

no problem Carl
Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:02

Je ne sais pas si les pannes sont en fontion de la durée de la course ou non,si ce n'est pas le cas ca va etre chaud What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:06

Too bad for the engine failure... should have given it more air to breathe... Razz

Good fights on the middle of the pack were fun though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:07

What a nice race, although i was second....from behind. but i finished and it was cool.

If there is a free car for the championship, I`d like to take it for sure! If Carls McLaren is free and matches my abilities, i would love to drive it.

Last edited by Mario Gassner on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:10

Oscar Hardwick wrote:

I got plenty of experience with the mod and will start turning laps in my AGS as soon as I can. That said some of the people in the faster cars (Ferraris, Willams, Mclarens etc...). It seems really silly that they should just go past 30mph faster than me on a straight and then be indecisive and slow at the only times I can use the small amount of pace the car has. Caused me to twice have an issue the second of which ending my day.

Obviously the street tracks will be the only places that the faster drivers can have a race where they aren't hampered by the faster cars.

Oscar.

Sorry Oscar I know that was directed at me. I suspect I was not using enough wing and therefor at the end of the long straight I had to slow up. I knew I was losing my butt somewhere on speed...and that was the spot.

FYI, I did not INTENTIONALLY go slow there if that is what you are thinking.

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
This will be great racing...Mike your setup was like a drug for me...from the moment I loaded i start to enjoy driving Ferrari so much!!! Thank you for that...I feel a little embarrassed that I asked you for it, but I have to say that i will do the same before every race! lol! Thank you again...

No problem. Too little wing I suspect though. Ask Oscar.

I am installing a new bumper sticker that says "Caution...fast on straights, slow as shit in turns."

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:11

LOL Greg exactly my problem Laughing

I forgot to change from the Q setup the brake disc thickness and when 3rd Shocked at lap 34 they suddenly locked and waved to the left, killing my front wing and bending suspension. Made it to the pits but could not even do the full lap to finish the race, so bad were the front discs wrecked ... What a Face

As for the rest of the race ... got boxed at the start behind Teemu, who like his fellow Raikkonen like sto take a nap before the race lol! and found myself 13th or 14th, but I slowly got up to speed and charged through the field up to an unbelievable 3rd :yaa: where I settled 4 seconds behind Lorenzo. If I pushed the car I was catching him, but then my supersofts went on fire, so I let it go and was willing to get the podium.

Then in the last lap on the braking for 1st turn the car suddenly goes flying. I was absolutely puzzled as I had not made any error and was in fact backing up, but whe I exited the race I saw on the screen "Brakes" and understood :doh:

Anyway ... I doubt much that I will be able to finish races that are double as long as this one, so I understand Carl's point. Will have to think about this :hum:

EDIT: Forgot to thank Greg and the other drivers for teh clean fights as well as lappers, who did all they could. Thanks all, I really love racing here!

Last edited by Alberto Ibañez on Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:13

Mike Becnel wrote:
Oscar Hardwick wrote:

Oscar.

Sorry Oscar I know that was directed at me. I suspect I was not using enough wing and therefor at the end of the long straight I had to slow up. I knew I was losing my butt somewhere on speed...and that was the spot.

FYI, I did not INTENTIONALLY go slow there if that is what you are thinking.

It wasn't just aimed at you mike. There were a number of incidents and it just strikes me as silly. You guys can obviously afford more downforce but haven't done and in some cases its just causing me to second guess. I am not as fast as Lorenzo so tasted no clean air at all. But still. The penalty on that track in that car in the pack was just massive and because of a couple of brake checks on flat out parts of the track I had to DNF the car.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:14

BTW and elaborating on what Oscar said ... fast or slow I noticed some very dangerous differences in driving style and car setup in the race. Some cars/drivers have really VERY different braking (Noy just deeper or earlier, but DIFFERENT, like braking when the car behind can go almost flat through) and turn in points than others, and with the world going so fast in this mod, this is bound to cause a LOT of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:19

I have simulated some really long races (10x time) and just slightly lowering brake temperature makes a massive difference. Same on radiator size, fuel map, tranny braking...etc.

Edit: Just remember guys, not all of is are as good as you guys. But this was a good test race for me. I will now load up on wing like crack at a ghetto free for all.
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:24

Excellent race for me in the Dallara (albeit, thanks to others misfortunes). I noticed the time at the last minute (8:09 to be precise), and had already missed quali by the time I got onto the server, so I started 31st :doh: On another note, that was a beatufiul grid size :clap:

First lap, already into about 16th I believe, and then I moved forward to 10th before others started to burn (their engines) up front, so I owe it to those that retired for my 1 point :D

Also, that was a weird parking spot , Oscar, especially to be staying there for 2 laps, very much in the way of my line :/
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:29

=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=
Back to top Go down
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:29

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
BTW and elaborating on what Oscar said ... fast or slow I noticed some very dangerous differences in driving style and car setup in the race. Some cars/drivers have really VERY different braking (Noy just deeper or earlier, but DIFFERENT, like braking when the car behind can go almost flat through) and turn in points than others, and with the world going so fast in this mod, this is bound to cause a LOT of trouble.

I agree. The main issue for say myself or anyone in one of the much much slower cars is that the engines are so low on power that setting the car up for straight line speed is pointless. We do however have plenty of wing and can generate some grip. So whilst we go slow in a straight line we are taking loads of speed through corners and braking zones. I know this is a difference on my part but with the penalty of a bad car we HAVE to set the car up this way just to get close to anyone in a car that actually works.

It is worth remembering that in F1 no driver lacks ability but the cars themselves vary dramatically like they do in this mod. With the balance for this league being ability and cars that allow people the best chance, it is a lovely notion but it causes serious issues between drivers on track. For example when my race ended running in to Carl. Not really his fault, more mine but I couldn't react fast enough and at a slow speed part of the track he was braking a good 50m earlier than I was doing so when he stamped on the brakes I was still hard on the power.

I don't know if anything could be done to avoid issues like this with the rules and setup of the league as it is but I will keep trying to find a good medium. Although that'll be even more difficult in the AGS.

Oscar.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 22:33

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=

Is it possible for you to produce these reports for the full season next year as well as the usual stuff on the website?
I think they are a fantastic to look at!

P.S Well done Tiago and Alessio on your points!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]   Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test race @ Paul Ricard [Dec. 16th]
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next