Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assetto Corsa

Go down 
+33
David Jundt
Jukka Närhi
Karel Marciniszyn
François Remmen
Richard Coxon
Richard Wilks
Austin Johnson
Jacob Fredriksson
Felipe Elias
Jean-louis Petillot
Peter Blom
Samuli Leinonen
Chris Bolin
Yves Plaçais
Vadim Sadoshenko
Ben Paulet
Teemu Toikka
Frank Verplanken
Carl Larrad
Gregory Letellier
Martin Audran
Lukas Paur
Vincent Beretta
David Cid
finally gone :)
Tiago Malafaya
Greg Hunt
Andrej Batic
Steve Parker
Alessio Campigotto
Franck Mercurio
Alberto Ibañez
Guillaume Siebert
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2014 - 13:41

every year 25th April is celebrated as the Liberation Day in Italy. This day marks the end of fascist regime after the end of the Second World War in 1945, and the day commemorates the people who laid down their lives fighting the fascism.
25th April is a public holiday in Italy. There are robust celebrations around the country to commemorate this day. Large processions are taken out in major parts of the country, and a general sense of celebration and bonhomie is prevalent throughout Italy on this day.

The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access will include the multiplayer mode and was previously scheduled for tomorrow's release; our work in the last two months has been strongly focused to complete and deliver this feature properly. We have also made investments to set several free public servers for our users and a proper lobby for servers created by, users, leagues, simracing websites and so on. However, due to the 25th April celebration, we might have some issues to get the best possible support from our italian based server provider, right at launch day.

Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2014 - 5:51

The history of the great mod will continue! :top: 
http://www.bsimracing.com/historx-team-talks-platform-choice/
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014 - 21:14

Just got Assetto Corsa on Steam 50% off £14.99 ...  Very Happy 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2014 - 23:17

http://www.virtualr.net/ferrari-f500-for-assetto-corsa-first-video
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2014 - 12:14

Carl Larrad wrote:
Just got Assetto Corsa on Steam 50% off £14.99 ...  Very Happy 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

It's tempting. :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2014 - 12:29

IMO it's not. I tried Absolutely Crap and the physics are dull and easy, it's so boring... I'm glad I fished it rather than bought it.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2014 - 19:33

Je te trouve un peu dur JP avec ton crap, car ce ne sont pas les sensations que j'avais eu lors d'un essai d'une précédente version d'AC(v0.8.2).
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug 2014 - 18:56

Ben Paulet wrote:
Je te trouve un peu dur JP avec ton crap, car ce ne sont pas les sensations que j'avais eu lors d'un essai d'une précédente version d'AC(v0.8.2).

Je l'ai acheté et je ne regrette vraiment pas
quand on voit la différence avec rF2 , pour moi y a pas photo ,et sachant que le jeu n'est pas encore dans sa version finale
j'ai testé une Lotus type 49 sur le circuit de Monza 66 , un vrai régal !! :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug 2014 - 23:50

Well i know my account does not mean a lot but i'm loving it Smile
Back to top Go down
Felipe Elias
Rookie
Felipe Elias

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 0:13

JP Campmajo wrote:
IMO it's not. I tried Absolutely Crap and the physics are dull and easy, it's so boring... I'm glad I fished it rather than bought it.

Which sim you think is better then?

For me AC it's the best thing out there, for now.
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 10:29

For me, physics / driving wise, it's rF2. When I compare the rF2 Brabham BT20 to the AC Lotus 49, it's like night and day. rF2 cars are much more fun, and lively, I feel like I drive a car in a sim instead of driving in Need for Speed.
But I can understand why people like AC, it's easy and makes them look good.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 11:45

JP Campmajo wrote:
For me, physics / driving wise, it's rF2. When I compare the rF2 Brabham BT20 to the AC Lotus 49, it's like night and day. rF2 cars are much more fun, and lively, I feel like I drive a car in a sim instead of driving in Need for Speed.
Some guys think the same thing about RF and GPL. And I can understand why people like RF, it's easy and makes them look good. :D
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 12:35

I know what you're trying to do. But what I'm saying was an opinion I saw a lot of times, people quitting for AC because it was too hard...
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 14:47

What am I trying to do? There wasn't a second thought in what I said. scratch
The only thing I did it was a "vanne" (I don't know the word in english), because I didn't know you when you run on GPL, but I know you're good on RF. So maybe you leave GPL for RF which is easy and makes you look good. :langue:
Back to top Go down
Felipe Elias
Rookie
Felipe Elias

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 16:34

JP Campmajo wrote:

I don't think AC is that easy. Even so, sims don't need to be "hardcore-super-powerfull-hardest-thing" to prove that it's good. I used to think like you. Good mods for rFactor has to be hard to drive. And it's not like that.

I also like LFS a lot, they got a great physics, as Netkar PRO has. Better than AC. But unfortunatelly, they're dead. And LFS looks like a zombie.

However, I did not tried rF2 yet. And looks real nice.

Last edited by Felipe Elias on Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 0:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 22:45

The Lotus 49 in AC is weird... weirdly poor compared to rF2's 60's cars, as the modern GT's in AC are brilliant. The Lotus 98T is also fantastic bit of fun. I just don't think you can measure AC out of the 49. I do believe that Kunos have their heads on straight and are not making it a "Gran Turismo for the computer".
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:38

Ben Paulet wrote:
What am I trying to do? There wasn't a second thought in what I said. scratch
The only thing I did it was a "vanne" (I don't know the word in english), because I didn't know you when you run on GPL, but I know you're good on RF. So maybe you leave GPL for RF which is easy and makes you look good. :langue:

He was better with GPL :D

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:40

Felipe Elias wrote:

I don't think AC is that easy. Even so, sims don't need to be "hardcore-super-powerfull-hardest-thing" to prove that it's good. I used to think like you. Good mods for rFactor has to be hard to drive. And it's not like that.

The best rF mod for me is the Endurance Series by Enduracers, and it's not that hard to drive.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:50

Yea i feel the same JP. AC is stupid easy if my girlfriend can drive the cars than its to easy Laughing I think it does have to be hard to be a sim um have u ever pushed the limits in real car? Its so hard even with my fwd 120 HP civic i have spun out at thunderhill pushing it hard. In AC it seems i can just put the car where ever and feels the same. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015 - 22:03

AC released new DLC pack today with laser scanned Nordschleife and couple legendary cars like Mercedes C9, Alfa GTA, McLaren F1 GTR, Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II and many more.

Fell instantly in love with C9 even atm I drive with one hand and leg only (broke wrist+ankle).

FFB in AC is superior to any other sim out there atm, physics are very nice too. Graphics are out of this world and hopefully still in optimization phase. With my triple monitor setup I race pretty much maxed graphics in iRacing with around 250-300fps. AC barely hits 100 with lowest settings.

GET IT WHILE IT'S CHEAP! ;D
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015 - 23:05

I got it while it was cheap at the weekend cannot wait to spank the DTM  Alfa 155 and the C9 around Nords tomorrow night .. The laser scanned track looks amazing ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2015 - 11:41

This is exactly the kind of content that doesn't make me want to go back to simracing. Once again lots of cars, but no full field of any real series, past or present. And it's the same with every new goddamn sim.

How ridiculous would be a race of 30 Sauber C9, superb graphics and physics or not.

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Thu 12 Mar 2015 - 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2015 - 11:48

Plus AFAIK you can't even do full races and are limited to a certain amount of laps?
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2015 - 11:57

Well don't worry, it's AC physics. It's not simracing to begin with :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2015 - 12:12

At least it has become clear that rFactor2 is as of today the only hope for realistic open simracing. Hopefully most serious modders will recognize that and leave AC for those interested in one-off cars for fantasy racing.

In the end a loss of a potentially aditional sim, but a gain if good modder's efforts of historical stuff are centered around a single (good) engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assetto Corsa
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next