Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]

Go down 
+25
Ben Paulet
Franck Mercurio
Franck Tripey
Philippe Martinelli
Abat Hernaez
Laurent Binet
Lorenzo Arisi
Elia Baragiola
Jean-louis Petillot
Jon Hawkins
Jukka Närhi
Romain Bouville
Jean-François Bovy
Greg Hunt
Yves Plaçais
Steve Parker
Alberto Ibañez
Patrick Marucco
Vadim Sadoshenko
Yannick Lampure
Vincent Beretta
Antoine de Mautor
Guillaume Siebert
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:32

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
My car wasn't even there Sad

Neither was mine Sad
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:33

Absent ce soir, Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:33

Or mine! I want my money back!! Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 484331
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:38

Jean-louis Petillot wrote:
Absent ce soir, Sad

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:59

Sorry, forgot to mention the 49 km/h (30 mph) pit speed limit will be enforced Wink

Race server launched, pass : hso87

:frank:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 20:01

Well, no pitstops for me then ... with such a long pitlane and 49 km/h this would be ridiculous in a 1 hour race Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 161590
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 21:45

Lost connection Sad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:34

Well, this is the second time I start well and end up being pushed out and losing all positions, being thrown at the rear Sad At least I managed to have there a nice fight with Carl and JF Bovy, but again incidents left me behind. I fought a bit with Jon Hawkins, but his car was clearly out of control in this small track (Albeit in style Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 746821 ).

Sorry Patrick for the slight push, in these cars momentum is all and as soon as the guy in front cuts or loses a bit of speed contact is inevitable Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 321163

I felt much better letting faster drives pass after all the hints in the other thread, thanks Gui, Greg, and all who commented.

Again awesome grid, and hope for better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:36

--> RESULTS <--
--> REPLAY <--

Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:38

Had a brilliant fight with Frank the first 20 or 25 laps until he fell back and started losing time lapping slower guys or something. I don't think we ever ran much more than a second apart :D
Back to top Go down
Adam Svoboda
Club Driver
Adam Svoboda

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:38

Bad start for me, Martin took the third... I was fourth behind him unable to get close enough in right part of track, even though i atempted an overtake, which went wrong. scratch

Then I was cruising in fourth until I hit one of those tyres at high speed and broke the engine. end. :doh:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:42

Yeah sorry about that Adam, I was focused on the car just behind me and had a sliding break Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:49

My apologies to those who are prevented or spoiling the race! So I can't cope with the excitement. Although maybe I'm just a lack of talent, which thinks it can become a worthy opponent! It is very interesting to ride with you, but don't know if you should continue to spoil your race.
Once again sorry!
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:52

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I fought a bit with Jon Hawkins, but his car was clearly out of control in this small track (Albeit in style Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 746821 ).

Well that was one of my worst races I have done, what an absolute cock up in that car haha.

Extremely sorry to Alberto in the Supra (outbraked, then let the others past before rejoining and couldn't hear/see you until you hit me when I pulled back on), Vadim for the nudge at the fast chicane after you let the faster cars through, my fault completely & to Carl for when I braked early to try and stop the battleship his braking point is obviously a lot later!

My race was screwed from Lap 1, was in the mid teens until I came over the crest to see Frank's Nissan in the middle of the track, One car went one side of him, another went the other side.....I went straight down the middle, result 1 Puncture I didn't know until the start of Lap 2 at which point I pitted, Lost 2 Laps and forever letting the whole field by....Pushed like crazy with not much skill to try and close the gap, ended up pitting out of frustration of letting people by and lost 2 more laps, from then on it got a bit better and felt I could push more and was Matching JF at one point I think.

Overall must try harder.

By the end of the season I might be able to put full power down mid corner and brake later! lol!

Once again sorry guys
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:53

Good result for me with a strange race.

Qualified with full fuel tank and hard tyres (Rolling Eyes) but had a great start from 10th to 5th :conduit: Romain and Greg soon overtook me back and started a very nice scrap for 5th. I knew that thanks to the power of my Sierra I'll take the bimmers sooner or later so I took it easy and indeed it did happen after 10 laps or so :conduit: Then Adam retired which left me 4th.

Had trouble with a backmarker who braked right in front of me, had nowhere to go affraid Fortunately I just had a 360 and minor bumper damage. Then Yves caught me and I had a freeze that allowed him to be right behind me... Neutral He overtook me, I overtook him back :conduit: but soon after he retired after colision with the same backmarker I had had trouble with I believe Neutral

The race was now looking quite straight-forward, just had to nurse it to the finish in 4th, but I threw up (true story, pesto pasta if you wanna know lol! ), had to swallow it all and felt completely choked for a few seconds pale Firtunately it happened in the pit straight :aie:

Eventually spun with 2 to go allowing Romain to catch me, but didn't let him through and finished in a great 4th :antoine:

Grats to the podium, and especially Lorenzo on the win, and see you guys next time in Symmons Plains :top:

Last edited by Antoine de Mautor on Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:55

Championship standings are updated on the site Wink

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:56

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
My apologies to those who are prevented or spoiling the race! So I can't cope with the excitement. Although maybe I'm just a lack of talent, which thinks it can become a worthy opponent! It is very interesting to ride with you, but don't know if you should continue to spoil your race.
Once again sorry!

Nah don't worry Vadim you did fine. The encounter we had was 100% my fault, I made the bad choice at the bad moment Wink
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:57

Désolé pour la poussette Yannick, mais le départ derrière a été un peu chaotique, et je me suis retrouvé enfermé dans une position inconfortable.

Après ce départ olé olé, je me suis retrouvé un moment derrière Philippe je crois, jusqu’à l'arrivée d'Alex, je profite de l'arrivée des leader pour passer, en baston quelques tours avec Alex, puis je me retrouve installé a +/-5s de mes adversaires

Je fais un TAQ (un seul en 60 tours, je progresse :D ), puis me retrouve coincé derrière Yannick que je n'arriverais pas à dépasser malgré tout mes efforts.

Pas eu le temps de m'ennuyer en tout cas :yaa:

Il me semble que je souffrais d'un gros manque d’accélération scratch je crois que vais arrêter de m'acharner a utiliser cette boite 6, qui est une vrai m..... à régler en plus.

Bravo a tous et merci HSO :top:
Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Adam Svoboda
Club Driver
Adam Svoboda

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 23:05

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Good result for me with a strange race.
but I threw up (true story, pesto pasta if you wanna know lol! ), had to swallow it all and felt completely choked for a few seconds pale Firtunately it happened in the pit straight :aie:
Interesting I think pasta is light and proper food before race.. anyway thats really very very disgusting disturbing and completely awful situation, but also very funny... :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 23:08

:hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 23:15

Frank Verplanken wrote:

Nah don't worry Vadim you did fine. The encounter we had was 100% my fault, I made the bad choice at the bad moment Wink
Now I see the replay and take yourself a fair verdict! I hope very much that in the next race I will be a little more confident driving the car. Thank you very much for the race!
Back to top Go down
Adam Svoboda
Club Driver
Adam Svoboda

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 23:23

Martin Audran wrote:
Yeah sorry about that Adam, I was focused on the car just behind me and had a sliding break Sad
I did not watch the replay, but I don't think it was your fault...
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2012 - 23:49

A Race full of fun and peril ...

Had some nice laps with Jieffe , Alberto and a few others , spent most of the race fighting with
Franck T .... I made a good start ...I Think i could have finished a little higher if i had not been
rammed from behind , i restarted nearly in last place it was lucky there was not a multiple car pile up ....

Elia i know your mistake was a racing accident but this was a long race so make sure you warm your brakes and tyres
up next time everyone was told to take it easy on the 1st corner .... Maybe a lesson learned :hihi:

Well done Lorenzo ,Gui and Romain a Fantastic race .... :champ:

Thx Franck T Good Battle ... :drink:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 0:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2012 - 0:23

Looked repeat! Frank, my manoeuvres in front of you are just ridiculous and dangerous, and you talk about fault of their own. I only have surprised their own stupidity and admire your correctness.
Hence the question! Is there a place in the championship of refereeing and will be handed down verdicts on a racing incident?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2012 - 9:17

One thing that amazed me is that at the beginning of the race I was much faster than the cars around me, even those who had qualified in some rows before. But from the 5th-10th lap or so the differences started to increase and they left me behind.

I was running softs, so I thought maybe everybody was on mediums as I could not explain the difference otherwise. Were you guys Carl, JF, Patrick, etc running mediums???? Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 18590
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next