Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mclaren M8f

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

The Mclaren M8f Empty
PostSubject: The Mclaren M8f   The Mclaren M8f Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 8:53

In 1972 my Dad tied for 2nd with Denny Hulme in the Can -Am Championship against this car Vs dads' Vasek Polak Porsche 917/10..He didn't get the Turbo Motor until riverside...Then Vasek fired him to hire Jody Scheckter...I can't remember the race ,but my stepmom has a picture..I think it's Mid ohio,where Denny takes off in the air and my Dad drives under him..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNh8LMShyE&feature=related
:urgence:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

The Mclaren M8f Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mclaren M8f   The Mclaren M8f Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 9:25

This is Road America-Elkhart Lake..Got some German relatives there from my moms' side..The rels had the homemade beer goin' on..lolMy Grandpa was from there..Wisconsin...My Dad hit a deer in the Greenwood Corvette there..Totaled them both..I was 8 in 1971..dads' best budy Jerry Titus got killed where there used to be a bridge after the Canada Corner.He had false teeth..Swallowed them...They told him not to race with them..But he said F them-lol...Hit the Bridge so hard in a Pontiac..Steering column killed him instantly..One of my Dads' favorite guys...Was Racing with him as a co driver...He cried like a baby..That's racin'..For real.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

The Mclaren M8f Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mclaren M8f   The Mclaren M8f Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 11:47

The different pictures posted by Milt Jr of the cars his dad raced got my intrigued as to who this Milt Minter was. Except mistake on my behalf, he's indeed not that well known over here in Europe.

So I launched google and pretty quickly found this. It's a very nice read for anyone into old school racing. A story illustrative of how racing used to be back in the days. And the story of a great man who lived for his passion. Enjoyed every letter of it.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

The Mclaren M8f Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mclaren M8f   The Mclaren M8f Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 22:03

TY! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Mclaren M8f Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mclaren M8f   The Mclaren M8f Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mclaren M8f
Page 1 of 1