Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rfactor nube..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

rfactor nube.. Empty
PostSubject: rfactor nube..   rfactor nube.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 0:39

I've heard different things...But I see a huge following here..and the thot of driving a 917 or a Kremer Porsche has got me thinking about buying it..I suck at computers and I don't know much about the mod..All I have is N2003 to guage things from..But seeing what you guys have going here fires me up..Maybe someone could point me in the right direction and tell me what you guys think of the game..and if it would be feasable to race from America,etc..Thanks guys..
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

rfactor nube.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rfactor nube..   rfactor nube.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 0:46

Milt if your thinking of getting Rfactor after racing NR2003 you will never look back ......

The 917 is in the 1970WSC mod which is a free download but dont forget if you want to race
in the Historic GT races we run in then you will also have to get hold of a copy of GT Legends as there
is a CD Check involved ......

We have several guys from America that race on here
but obviously there is a big time difference ...

I Recently raced in a Le Mans 24 hour race in the 1970 cars and 2 of my Team where American and
one was Canadian the time difference actually helps when your racing in a long distance race because
of the different time zones .......
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

rfactor nube.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rfactor nube..   rfactor nube.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 18:44

I heard there is a version 2 of the historiX mod for Rfactor being released
and a cd check may not be needed ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

rfactor nube.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rfactor nube..   rfactor nube.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 19:06

Well first you can either buy a DVD version of rFactor or download and pay it from http://www.rfactor.net/
If you choose to buy the online version, you'll receive an activation code via email, you'll have to enter it when you'll launch the game for the first time to activate it (that's how I bought it).
If you prefer the DVD version, you'll only need to install a small patch to be able to race online.
Make sure your PC is strong enough for rFactor, as it's a bit more demanding than NR2k3.

We almost use only mods and add on tracks as rFactor itself is quite boring. They are quite easy to install, most of the time it's just a rar file to extract in your rF installation. You can download almost all existing mods and tracks here :
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Coming from NR2k3 I think you will find the feeling of rFactor really different, some like it some don't.
We have some american and canadian guys racing here, no problem of ping or whatsoever but of course the timezone difference can be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

rfactor nube.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rfactor nube..   rfactor nube.. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 23:57

Thx guys very much..I think my computer needs more RAM..only 1 gig..I have an early dual core processor and the 7900 card..Gonna try to get some more memory and get/learn the game if I can in the off season at =FSB=.Definitely want to run long distance races where time is not an issue..Being unemployed,I'm up all hrs-lol!Driving a 917 or a 908 would be a sim dream..Plus the future of long distance racing in GTP is uncertain..And of course Lemans.. :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rfactor nube.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: rfactor nube..   rfactor nube.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rfactor nube..
Page 1 of 1